Lifters and ElectroMagnetic "Anomalies"

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Re: Lifters and ElectroMagnetic "Anomalies"

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Everybody please bear with me. I don't know if this is the right place to put this. I thought it might be of some interest. Not what I was looking for, but interestting,

http://www.fusor.net/board/download_thr ... 1062607204

and especially this link to the name of Townsend Brown ... which I actually was looking for~

"I haven’t read useful information much on the dynamics of vortex sheath effects, and in principle it seems like one interesting way to overcome the coulomb barrier, if the system does not have other inherent scaling limits like most other fusion candidates.
I’d be very curious to read any information that explains how such a useful element can be trivially created, and how the process through which it is created is so ideally selective.
I’m not trying to deride the technology, I’m just curious. I spent a good portion of the last 15 years helping various groups experiment with and raise funds for projects like Townsend-Brown related propulsion, and was often the point man with the due-diligence representatives of the candidate funders. I’ve seen some really cool projects, some truly unexplainable phenomenon, but I’ve also seen a whole lot of people get fooled by people who had fooled themselves.
Aneutronic, low-energy bulk transmutation into K40 would be a massive discovery worth unlimited resources to explore, if the articles I’ve read are correct in asserting that your team believes you have a workable process?
At the very least, I’d be curious to hear how an “independent analytical lab” validated the process?
Thanks…

Kerry Bonin
####################################################################

A message to Kerry. I hope that you "happen to find" this Message. I am personally inviting you to join the Townsend Brown Forum,

And in the above article you state that you have worked with others who have been looking into the work of Townsend Brown ( no hyphen, please note) Can you share with us some of the information in that direction? Elizabeth
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:<SNIP>
####################################################################

A message to Kerry. I hope that you "happen to find" this Message. I am personally inviting you to join the Townsend Brown Forum,

And in the above article you state that you have worked with others who have been looking into the work of Townsend Brown ( no hyphen, please note) Can you share with us some of the information in that direction? Elizabeth
EHD,

If you click on the name, you'll get his email.
Maybe he will check out this forum.

We already know that the fusor technology is better than the Tokamak.

May the FORCE be with you and have a magical day!

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
kbonin
Space Cadet

Post by kbonin »

Hello!

Well, thanks to an email this morning pointing me at the site, I've now found it. Curse you all, now I won't get any work done for the next week while I dig around this and its related sites, been trying to avoid doing just this for some time. :)

I have spent a considerable chunk of my life researching this and related topics, as well as in the past trying to help others do the same, but the scientist in me ends up getting stuck at the same roadblocks - those with alleged access to Brown's notebooks were never willing to share, most of the tidbits in the public domain are anecdotal or specious, and its much harder to perform good research on high voltage phenomenon than most people realize.

My own work is on hold as I've exhausted what I can accomplish with surplus and homebuilt equipment, but do plan on purchasing a few real supplies and building a much larger vacuum chamber in the next few years so I can resume playing in the field. I play in the fusor space as well, for the obvious symbiotic reasons.

Kerry Bonin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

KBonin,
Hello KB from KB,
"Playing in the field", it's all by field, Biefeld Brown.
Welcome, hope your OK, it's a long way down into this wabbit hole.

Elizabeth Helen Drake will role out the welcome mat officialy I am sure.
The link you put on here this morning lovely lady ,led me to this man,
Louis Kervran, and a word that jumped up and bit me on the nose,
Transmutation, all by field of course, all by field, to scale everything by field.
Kevin.b
fibonacci is king
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

kbonin wrote:Hello!

Well, thanks to an email this morning pointing me at the site, I've now found it. Curse you all, now I won't get any work done for the next week while I dig around this and its related sites, been trying to avoid doing just this for some time. :)

I have spent a considerable chunk of my life researching this and related topics, as well as in the past trying to help others do the same, but the scientist in me ends up getting stuck at the same roadblocks - those with alleged access to Brown's notebooks were never willing to share, most of the tidbits in the public domain are anecdotal or specious, and its much harder to perform good research on high voltage phenomenon than most people realize.

My own work is on hold as I've exhausted what I can accomplish with surplus and homebuilt equipment, but do plan on purchasing a few real supplies and building a much larger vacuum chamber in the next few years so I can resume playing in the field. I play in the fusor space as well, for the obvious symbiotic reasons.

Kerry Bonin
Kerry,

Welcome to the rabbit hole! :lol:
Elizabeth was posting about your post in the fusor section. Now I know why my ears are burning! :wink:
I have always wanted to build a fusor and started assembling the parts. I have a 2-stage vacuum pump and need some other items.

We're a rag-tag bunch here but most are willing to share. You can PM us and we'll usually respond.
As for Dr. Brown's notebooks, go to Andrew's site at http://www.qualight.com/library.htm and you'll find them there.

Again, welcome to the bunch and when you want to build something. let me know as I wish to build something too. Project Pegasus http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 522#p15058 is designed to carry on past the lifters and there has been some talk there. No real designs yet.

Now as TT Brown used to say:

Go forth...

MagicBill
kbonin
Space Cadet

Post by kbonin »

Hello! Yep, fusors are a lot of fun, and nice overlap in hardware as well. I have supplies up to 360kVDC from my previous B-B effect work, and have always been interested in particle physics in general and clean fusion in particular, so it provided a nice excuse to start collecting my own vacuum gear. Got a few decent pumps and some MKS Baratrons, still trying to pick up a real helium leak detector on eBay.

Thanks for the qualight link, journal info was actually the first thing I looked for when I came here, spent the net few hours pouring over them. Would have loved to have seen them 20 years ago, as I've performed a substantial subset of the (electrostatic) work shown, would really love to see the rest of the notebooks (had heard there are 7, not 6.)

I'm curious about the Pheonix work, but I'm not sure how open to be about my own previous research just yet. Last time I started talking in public I got my place broken into, only item missing was a Brown research notebook, hope they enjoyed the honeypot. :) I've burnt at least $25k of my own money in the past on gear and machining, when I fund the next phase I'll be in for another $500k or so, though I'm in it for the fun of the science, not the money. That said, I have concerns around security and IP protection, and worry about "first to file" patent issues. I'd rather keep it secret until the patent gets issued, and frankly if I did that I'd include Brown posthumously as co-inventor, he deserves it - its "his shoulders", so to speak. The fusor was far simpler, all of Farnsworth's ideas are public domain now, so most of the Fusor people share everything, which I love! Although Bussard has tried to lock up one of the logical next directions with his patents, but I can understand what it takes to get funded. Of course, doing it all in the open would be fun too, and provides both a form of security and protection against all but Submarine patents (of which there are likely plenty, including some with Brown's name already on them... :) )

In any case, I'm still exploring here, its very nice to see...
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Welcome Kerry
We are happy to hear from another experienced practitioner in the "high voltage" research field of course.
You mentioned a 360Kv power supply. That is impressive, Is that an open stack unit that you built yourself or did you purchase it?

Can you tell us what the current capacity or Kilowatt rating for your unit is?

What have you succeeded in doing with your power supplies so far?

I have access to some "Glassman" equipment and a few specially custom made 30 KV 1Kw units, and I'm planning on setting them up as soon as I can get organized here. I think that there is a lot left to do here before we make some real breakthroughs, and I find myself very occupied with some math these days. I can't wait to start the next phase however, and I hope you will find our little crew an interesting bunch to associate with.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
kbonin
Space Cadet

Post by kbonin »

Just realized I had typed 360kVDC, should have said 320kVDC, sorry. My biggest are a pair of military surplus closed stack power supplies, big steel cases weighing about 200 pounds each, one +160kVDC, the other -160kVDC, two-phase AC in, 25mA output. Wish they had better regulation, and I've cooked one of the secondary coils, though if I had the time I could rewind one, used to build my own stacks. Got a number of other supplies including instrument grade regulation around 15kVDC, but things get far more interesting above 100kV. Been eying Glassman toys for quite some time, their PK series has been on the top of my intended toy purchase list for a decade now, just been too busy. This was what I used to spend all my free time on until I got distracted by the fusor, then got distracted by my wife and kids.

As to work performed, lots of experiments. Many dielectrics, many geometries. Measured displacement over time, voltage, current. Test chambers ranging from air and smoke in 12m^3 chamber to small high vacuum. Decent data acquisition, although I wish I had LabView back then, its what I use now. I haven't talked about results in any public forum before, but at this time I will say I've seen enough that I can't wait to resume the work.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Welcome Kerry! I was beaten to the punch here regarding welcoming you but consider it done with all the bells and whistles at my disposal. Looks like you might have just caught the caboose as she flew by. Anyway! Welcome, welcome! Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

kbonin wrote: Been eying Glassman toys for quite some time, their PK series has been on the top of my intended toy purchase list for a decade now, just been too busy. This was what I used to spend all my free time on until I got distracted by the fusor, then got distracted by my wife and kids.

As to work performed, lots of experiments. Many dielectrics, many geometries. Measured displacement over time, voltage, current. Test chambers ranging from air and smoke in 12m^3 chamber to small high vacuum. Decent data acquisition, although I wish I had LabView back then, its what I use now. I haven't talked about results in any public forum before, but at this time I will say I've seen enough that I can't wait to resume the work.
Look my friend I allready have everything we need to do some SERIOUS experiments, and I'm trying to set up a Lab somewhere in south western US, California, Nevada, or New Mexico, As soon as we set this up you are welcome to visit and have a look at our gear. I have spectrum analyzers, scopes, radiation monitors, all kinds of specialized equipment, and a precision noise source.I have a communications monitor with a special cesium time base built in to synchronize with atomic clocks. Then there is our "library of Alexandria" resource. This is a whole truck-load of books, manuals and project notes from over 28 years of research into Tesla, Brown, Moore, and several other researchers.

Let's stay in touch after you have had a chance to go over some of the more intriguing aspects of this forum. May I strongly sugest that you make use of the forum search function to find any topics which we may have broached over the past two years. You will surely find some very interesting posts.

Again ....We welcome you sir.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

Post by twigsnapper »

Rose,

How about the YV swap meet or.....your suggestion on the exact time?....Saturday. If its the swap meet a representative will find you. You pick the hour. Early would be best for my purposes but you tell me. If its a total wash you will be reached another time.

For your schedule, If that doesn't work, Sunday? Same time? Same place? Or would you like an alternative? I just love this stuff. I get my cloak and dagger mixed up with my donut and coffee all the time. twigsnapper
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

I just happened to run accross this note on the lifter site and I thought this message would be interesting to some of our crew too.

http://us.mc346.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showM ... y%2By17o7Q,

"I am an employee of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and I saw this
group in a search for high voltage related industries and resources. On
Spellmans' website there is a large section of manuals and typical
applications, which I think may be useful for this group. I hope this
is not considered spam as I believe this information may be relevant to
the further of the Lifters project and this group.
Here is the manuals link:
High Voltage Power Supply Manuals
<http://www.spellman hv.com/tech/ manuals.asp>
Here is the link to typical applications for high voltage power
supplies:
High Voltage Power Supply Typical Applications
<http://www.spellman hv.com/about/ typical_applicat ions.asp>

I sincerely hope this is of use and in fact, if the project is mutually
beneficial, they may be interested in providing materials"

I thank this person for posting this and I hope that someone out there has use for this information. Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I just happened to run accross this note on the lifter site and I thought this message would be interesting to some of our crew too.

http://us.mc346.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMessage?
Elizabeth, that link takes me to a sign in page for Yahoo Email.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Mikado14 wrote:
Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I just happened to run accross this note on the lifter site and I thought this message would be interesting to some of our crew too.

http://us.mc346.mail.yahoo.com/mc/showMessage?
Elizabeth, that link takes me to a sign in page for Yahoo Email.

Mikado
Mikado,

That is the sign-in page for the Yahoo groups.
You have to be a member to view posts from that group.

Elizabeth copied the text anyway and it is in her post.
Spellman power supplies are nice but way to pricey for my checkbook.
Even on eBay they go for a pretty penny.
There are other sources for high voltage power supplies including neon sign transformers (maybe up to 15 kV AC), flyback transformers, and voltage multipliers. Or you can cascade the flyback transformers as you have done.

MagicBill
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

htmagic wrote: There are other sources for high voltage power supplies including neon sign transformers (maybe up to 15 kV AC), flyback transformers, and voltage multipliers. Or you can cascade the flyback transformers as you have done.

MagicBill
Thanks, I'll make note of that.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy