Chapter 4 - How Many Generals Does It take?

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Trickfox
The Magician

Chapter 4 - How Many Generals Does It take?

Post by Trickfox »

"
It's over, Sweetie," Dr. Brown told Linda, "Maybe now it's time you got on with your own life."
:evil: UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

It's just incredible that Dr. Brown would simply GIVE UP. I can't imagine what could have changed his mind this way.

The only other reaction of this type that I can think of
is the fictional scene in the movie "terminator two" when that black Scientists who was working on the mysterious terminator computer chip technology get a visit from the terminator himself who rips-off the skin on his arm and shows the mechanisms to the scientist and says "NOW LISTEN CAREFULLY".

Question: Could it be that Dr. Brown was convinced by RAND that his device was about to change the future somehow?

Maybe they just convinced him to stop, then they snaked away all the research data and retreated back into their BLACK HOLE.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: How many generals does it take

Post by Paul S. »

Trickfox wrote:
It's over, Sweetie," Dr. Brown told Linda, "Maybe now it's time you got on with your own life."
Maybe they just convinced him to stop, then they snaked away all the research data and retreated back into their BLACK HOLE.
That'd be my guess. The hard part (well, ONE of the hard parts) in all this is "how much are we to believe is going on behind the 'black' curtain?"

Pulling the curtain back is really not enough. Somebody also has to turn a light on.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: How many generals does it take

Post by Trickfox »

Pulling the curtain back is really not enough. Somebody also has to turn a light on. PS
Before you can consider doing that Paul we had better make sure that there are more "centurions" on our side than theirs. My friends are telling me that this is happening "naturally", and of course nature shall overcome and we shall prevail. Silent patience is in order I suppose.

Fox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

dark? light? eyes?

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Hi guys and all,

Precisely Paul .... when you pull the curtain you till have to deal with the dark ...... but even if the "light somehow is switched on .... alot of good its going to do for you if you still have your eyes closed. And even with Centurions .... they can not help if you can not see them either.

As I said in a message (I think it was in the "Down the Rabbit hole" section) All this "unfolding" has not only the process and technique and logistics of "unfolding" information . There is also an element of timing. Like threads being woven. Sometimes one thread has to wait for another to cross its path before another weave can be made. There are technical names for all that ... I can't think of them at the moment ... any Alpaca wool weavers out there? Anyway .... thats what I am trying to present as a visual . What we are hoping for is a well woven cloth ... beautiful and strong with no holes . So sometimes you just have to wait for that one thread to cross in front before you can continue. Did I just make any sense to anybody out there? And another thought .... we need as many threads out there as are willing to add their spun wool thoughts. The more important golden threads ... the more important the fabric. Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Alpaca spinners

Post by Victoria Steele »

Elizabeth,

What a neat comment. I do in fact know some "weavers' or "spinners" whatever they call themselves who raise Alpacas. Strange little beasties. I'll ask what the terms are. Some of these folks were into high stress haig paying businesses and gave it all up to live in the country with these strange little animals, but they are not completely dead. I will ask. But I get your drift with or without the proper terminology.

Trickfox .... You sau UNBELIEVEABLE.

I agree. I don't believe that he quit.

But he obviously didn't want Linda to continue on this trail with him. Note he tells her to go on with HER life. I am not so sure that he would have quit himself. Lets see Rand in 1967 ... born in 1905 . Makes him 62. From what you have read so far does it look like this man EVER punched a time clock? I don't know for sure because Paul hasn't gotten there yet <g> but I seriously doubt it. I have known personalities like Dr. Brown . (I am one) No way would I quit my research.

So maybe things were getting more dangerous? Maybe he didn't want to have her by his side any more? I am assuming that she did go on to have her own life separate from her Dads work. With Morgan? (By the way Paul. You have left Linda and Morgan kissing goodby in 1964 .... but you don't mention him during this Rand episode in 67 ... So ... where'd he go? <g> I know .... wait . ) Victoria
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: dark? light? eyes?

Post by Trickfox »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Sometimes one thread has to wait for another to cross its path before another weave can be made.
OK then,.... guess what?
I have woven another thread with a little math question in another forum. Let's see if anyone responds.
Trickfox
The Magician

Math problem and Administration stuff

Post by Trickfox »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Trickfox,

For some reason I am having a problem finding where you posted that math problem , Elizabeth
Look under "comments on chapter 21"

Two things for Paul to notice.

The clustering of "our posts" verses the "book chapters" is getting more coordinate . I sugest that you put a "Return to index page link" in all the "post" pages. That way we can cross-refference easily.

Also everyone, Lets note both the chapter number and title on post areas.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Peace through suble communication

Trickfox,

I have noticed and noticed the lovely saying at the end of your posts ..."Peace through sublte communications, not forced submission."

I wondered if you could tell us how that phrase found its way to you ....

and if it would be alright for me to open a section with that title , because it seems to me that there is much to be still said in that area. Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: Peace through suble communication

Post by Trickfox »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Trickfox,

I have noticed and noticed the lovely saying at the end of your posts ..."Peace through sublte communications, not forced submission."
I wondered if you could tell us how that phrase found its way to you ....
Dear friends, This quote is a self fulfilling, self referencing, Strange loop.

The quote if from a person who supplied it to me using a secret quantum communication link which could never possibly have been intercepted.

I know who this person is and I know his heart.
However I only get to talk to him for 2 minutes a year on average.

He has never spoken "the words" in the text you are reffering to me, -or to anyone else.

He has never written them down or punched them into a computer.

He simply reasoned them exactly the same moment as I did, and we were thousands of miles away from each other.

He was in pain and under submission and so was I.

and now the meaning of this quote:

Imagine that a fight should occur between two polar bears (the most vicious animals on earth) They approach each other, and they seek only dominance over their own domains.

The fight will not occur if one of them back out because he is forced to submit (be in submission of the other).

Each polar bear knows this instinctively, however each polar bears sees his counterpart approaching with confidence and cautious curiosity, they suddenly stop at some strategically selected area which both of them seem to have agreed to, -was neutral.

Each polar bear smells the air, looks at the other and suddenly -- natural and SUBTLE COMMUNICATIONS OCCUR. No sound was murmured, no growl was heard.

Both polar bears turns around and slowly walks away from conflict, and Nature finds it's way to avoid blood sports for the scientist and observers watching this occurence with aw, and a desire to witness the conflict become violence.

This is an animal tale, - but it could happen to nuclear powers, and other even more "intense" conflicts.

-Conflicts we need not even try to imagine.

But as the polar bears must exist, so must other life forms which have consciousness, and even "meta-consciousness".

It is simply Natural.

Trickfox
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

subtle messages

I appreciate the time that you took to answer that question Trickfox. And I value so much the fact that you recognized that it was not a question asked lightly. when you picked up on my phrase " how the message reached you." Absolutely, understood.

There are others out there I hope who also recognize what bears are capable of , and nature as a whole. All we need to do is allow them to show us, remembering all the time that this is a subtle communication, not broatcast to din the ears, but to quietly reach the heart .

If it seems to others that Trickfox and I have gone further down this rabbit hole and sunk out of sight ... we really haven't .... and trying to stay completely on the topic of Townsend Brown here, I submit that Townsend Brown was aware of these subtle variations but had the problem of displaying them to others because they were so suble that they were usually masked by other physical events. Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

speaking of bears, polar opposites

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Hey guys,

Interesting discussion. But I see one BIG problem here. It may be nice to consider that the world is filled with all of these "subtle" messages of love and peace, BUT THE REALITY as I see it in Townsend Browns life was that he was nose to nose with one of the most "bombastic" (Pauls description) Generals in the History of the Air Force and maybe of the entire military. Old iron pants LeMay himself. You going to talk to him about suble communications? Not hardly.

So lets go back to 1967 , LeMay, Rand ... and this gentle scientist who is seeing "subtle communications" Who do you think is going to win out? Mark
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: speaking of bears, polar opposites

Post by Trickfox »

Mark Culpepper wrote:Hey guys,
So lets go back to 1967 , LeMay, Rand ... and this gentle scientist who is seeing "subtle communications" Who do you think is going to win out? Mark
Look,
this issue splits up into Tactical Leadership And strategical leadership.LeMay was a fantastic TACTICAL leader treated with great respect for his fearless devotion to keep everyone around him alive. That was HIS JOB and he knew it and nobody fricked with HIS domain. Brown however was a strategic leader and LeMay was well aware that; in times of emergencies, and uncontrolled situations, Brown would have let LeMay take over and GET THINGS DONE that were important for safety and or security/investigative etc. The two men HAD to respect each other or they would never have gotten along with each other. LeMay respected Dr. Brown's superior strategic planning capacities in situations nobody even dare to comfront.

In the end there was no confrontation unless someone can really confirm otherwise.

I'm saying this NOT FROM FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE. I'm just saying that these men both had hearts, ambitions, duty, motivation, and every other good qualities needed from a Human perspective. It's a cinch to conclude that they made decisions based on mutual respect and a desire to acomplish ANYTHING more than petty "bovine scatology" (to quote General Shwartzcoff)
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

General on a lab stool

Post by Victoria Steele »

Trickfox,

You are absolutely right of course about Curtis LeMay . He was a man of duty. And was greatly respected.

Later on in his life, of course, he was quoted as saying that if we had lost the war he fully expected to be tried as a war criminal for his participation in the fire bombings of Japan. Still he felt that it was a necessary evil and that he was the one destined to carry that operation out.

And you are right that he probably had great respect for Dr. Brown and the feeling must have been mutual or I can't see why Dr. Brown would even allowed him to visit his lab.(doesn't matter who owns the place, the lead scientist holds the keys and makes the invitations)

But Linda Brown mentions the fact that this decorated General actually climbed up on her lab stool to change a dead bulb. Lets see .... in the world of animals, in this case , which is the subservient to the other? Sort of tells the story right there. Could I be right? Victoria
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: General on a lab stool

Post by Trickfox »

Victoria Steele wrote: Lets see .... in the world of animals, in this case , which is the subservient to the other? Sort of tells the story right there. Could I be right? Victoria
Yes but there is one little difference.

Any warrior would bow nobally to such truth and innocent beauty as that of a young girl helping her father change the world. That's the difference, we have a choice to submit to truth and beauty when we see it in front of us.

We can also cowar away from it and hide in the dark, but when the counts are due there would be much much more self-inflicted pain in trying to decide, "Where will you go".

I say: Resolve your issues of faith and the unknown, and go build the unknown yourself.

Trickfox
Angela Bloomstrum
Space Cadet

resolving issues of faith

Post by Angela Bloomstrum »

Thankyou Trickfox for such lovely thoughts.

Perhaps if Paul has asked himself "why" he is compelled to write this book, perhaps that is the answer.

Where will you go? An ancient question asked by the first angel mentioned in the Bible, for people of all faiths ... Where will you go? is for you alone to answer.

As you said ... we can hide in the dark, or we can recognize what represents the light and move toward it. Make a choice like the young girl did watching a General climbing up on a stool ... she had even Curtis LeMay reaching to change a lightbulb. Now, thats an accomplishment! Angela