Chapter 23 - A Vague and Unscientific Report

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Chapter 23 - A Vague and Unscientific Report

Post by Victoria Steele »

Paul.

I am amazed at the depth and clarity of your research. Your introduction to this was so low key .... I didn't expect much. But you have captured I think, how it is that truely innoventive people get pulled into their work, compulsively and how badly they can be dissappointed, and how rough things can get for the people they love.

And thats just "the work".

I can sense the romantic in me is going to have to watch this other story too. Can you imagine, I wonder , what it was like for Josephine to be slowly realizing what she might have bought into? (what a lovely young woman she was... and there are few women out there today that can't at least feel for her over a babys loss)

Mothers -in- law are not all that easy .... but having an absorbed- in -his- work husband .... (who was the indulged only son to start with )... boy , there is a formula expressly designed for drama.......... so what happens next? (don't rush me, he says) Victoria
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

"Days at the laboratory"

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Hello Victoria,

Note the phrase from Paul at the beginning of the chapter that Townsend Brown was spending " his days at the laboratory". He was spending most likely, his evenings there too.

Now Paul and I have noted that he was a dedicated researcher who often "slept right beside his equipment" and you yourself have noted that he was " an indulged favorite of his parents" . Can you see the "clouds gathering?" He came HOME ... with a young wife, true. But he was HOME so all of the OLD rules applied. (Just recently saw "Failure to Launch") Not precisely the same situation but darned close! The Brown household had servants ..How easy was that?. He knew Josephine would be occupied while he was at "his lab". (You would think that a young man as smart as he was would figure that was a formula to make dynamite) ..... and though he was perhaps totally innocent ... Josephine might have worried over those "days AND evenings spent at the lab." so looking again at the picture of him in his uniform ... with his mother ... again the question. Where was Josephine? Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Where Was Josephine?

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:so looking again at the picture of him in his uniform ... with his mother ... again the question. Where was Josephine?
That's one of the better questions we've been asked here... I think the answer is that she was already in San Diego, and how she got there before TTB is one of the finer mysteries we haven't quite addressed in any detail yet. We will likely have to revisit the subject. That is why what we're doing online here is considered the "first draft."

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

first draft?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I just had a conversation with a buddy of mine regarding how interesting this story was getting and how many chapters (chapterettes?) you had out there and his first question was " Well, is he giving the story away" ?

Meaning ,of course "Wheres the publisher?" and if you keep going like this then maybe, will you be "giving the story away?".

Believe me, I am really enjoying this virtual version. But will this harm your overall attempt for getting into hardcopy? Its a valid question so I thought I would pass it along.

My friend is a bit of a conspiracy buff. (now theres an understatement.) His viewpoint is that you are posting so much to "get it out there" before you get "stopped". Have you ever had that thought, or that worry? Again, maybe thats a valid question? Mark
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Conspiracy fans

Post by Victoria Steele »

Thats a good name for them. "Conspiracy Fans"

Take a little piece of information and then "fan" it into a flame. Sometimes its good with valid information .... (sort of what you are seeing here with this story. All of us seem to be supplying fresh oxygen with our input and enthusiasm for the topic .... (all of that is to the good I feel.)

But what happens when that piece of information is faulty? Or misplaced? ... or intentional disinformation? A fan base in that direction turns into what? The Philadelphia Experiment? (anybody hear from Moore yet?)

And when you are suspicious by nature. Then everything turns into something that can be twisted. (Its like a crazy stampede in the moonlight. I was raised in Texas, a stampede in the moonlight has a certain meaning. You never know what starts it. Cattle get restless and seem to be just waiting for an excuse ... then the littlest noise and BOOM they are off. They go for miles sometimes and when they slow up they are no longer that nice neat little herd, working together. Thats what happens. So think about that when you run into Conspiracy stories. Just WHO started that stampede.

Anyway. Asking Paul here. Can we have a special section to talk about Conspiracy ideas as they pertain to your story. Theres alot out there to be talked about and it doesn't fit here. Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Conspiracy fans

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:Thats a good name for them. "Conspiracy Fans"
Yeah, Victoria, I like your term and the rationale for it.
Anyway. Asking Paul here. Can we have a special section to talk about Conspiracy ideas as they pertain to your story. Theres alot out there to be talked about and it doesn't fit here.
That look you see in my eyes is.... pure reluctance. Do we really want to be a site that caters to Unsubstantiated Hysterical Conjecture (acronym UHC) ? It seems to me that there are lots of other sites that already do that, sites that deal with everything from TPX to Roswell to crop circles to the military intelligence complex etc ad infinitum ad nauseum. For the time being at least, why don't we leave the UHC to those sites, and try to focus on just the aspects that are verifiably (?) relevant to the story line that is unfolding here?

At least, let's wait and see what sort of "conspiracy theories" might start to emerge from this narrative, and then we can limit our discussion to those, rather than going off in a dozen discussions of stuff that is better dealt with elsewhere, lest we be deemed not-credible by association.

-PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: first draft?

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote:if you keep
going like this then maybe, will you be "giving the story away?".... will this harm your overall attempt for getting into hardcopy? Its a valid question so I thought I would pass it along.
Yes Mark, there is some nominal risk in that. But my experience with the new Information Culture has always been, "give something away in order to sell something."

That certainly worked in the case of my first book. When I found a publisher for The Boy Who Invented Television, I already had about 70% of the material that eventually wound up in the book at a website (http://farnovision.com/chronicles). So, when I started talking with the publisher, he could see that I already had the basic material and then we worked together to develop the rest that is only in the book.

Then there's the sad tale of my experience with an agent who was almost going to represent this project: I'd gotten a short synopsis into the hands of about 8 interested agents, I dunno, about two+ years ago. One by one they all passed except for one who worked with me to develop a book proposal. I'd created one that was nearly 100 pages -- trying to demonstrate that there was substance to the story, I guess -- and this agent said I needed to get it whittled down to less than 40 pages. So he worked with me over the course of about a month to do that, with the expectation that he would then sign on as my agent and shop the book to publishers. Well, we got it down to 39 pages and then he said, "I don't think you've got enough material to do an actual biography" and then he, too, dropped the project.

So it seems that the only way I'm going to demonstrate that there is a story here is by writing it, and doing it this way has afforded the discipline to begin boring through the material. As for "giving it all away," well, see above re: the Farnsworth book.
My friend is a bit of a conspiracy buff. (now theres an understatement.) His viewpoint is that you are posting so much to "get it out there" before you get "stopped". Have you ever had that thought, or that worry? Again, maybe thats a valid question? Mark
I hope your friend will not think it too "conspiratorial" of me to say that, quite the contrary, whatever sinister forces he thinks might have an interest in having me "stopped" are, as near as I can tell, contained by the friendlier, guiding forces that actually want me to "get it out there."

It is also wildly possible that your friend greatly over-estimates the extent to which I actually have any material to reveal that somebody might want "stopped."

Anyway, taking all of the above into account, I proceed in a manner that a) starts getting the actual work done; b) enists people like yourselves to help fine-tune the focus of the storyline; and c) ultimately, I think, increases the likelihood of finding a mainstream publisher and getting the final "hard cover" version on bookshelves near you.

I don't have total control over this process. For me, it's a challenging effort in "going with the flow" (not the kind of thing a certifiable control-freak does easily). But I'm content with the way it is all unfolding and confident in the ultimate outcome.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Paul S. wrote:
At least, let's wait and see what sort of "conspiracy theories" might start to emerge from this narrative, and then we can limit our discussion to those, rather than going off in a dozen discussions of stuff that is better dealt with elsewhere, lest we be deemed not-credible by association.

-PS
WOW :shock:
What a great idea. You are definately correct about this Paul. The book is what we are all interested in, and it now seems to me that much of the more provocative posts (mine included) only serve to confuse the issues covered in the chapters of the book.

So now let me apologize to everyone for some of the kooky egotistical stuff I have posted. :oops:

Again let me reiterate that sometimes things come out of my head which I don't even understand myself. :(

I suppose I could go back and erase it all, but my intuition tells me that I should just let things Flow. 8)

What d'ya think Paul?
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Post by Paul S. »

Trickfox wrote: I suppose I could go back and erase it all, but my intuition tells me that I should just let things Flow. 8)

What d'ya think Paul?
Please don't do that. Some of your posts are very thought provoking.

I read something recently where somebody said, "we think we make up our own thoughts, but in fact our brains are like radios... we just receive them." If that's true then anything you've got to say is just as valid as anything anybody else has to say, particularly if it gives us any additional insight into just what pont the Cosmic Transmitter is trying to get across...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Paul S. wrote:
Trickfox wrote: I suppose I could go back and erase it all, but my intuition tells me that I should just let things Flow. 8)

What d'ya think Paul?

I read something recently where somebody said, "we think we make up our own thoughts, but in fact our brains are like radios... we just receive them." If that's true then anything you've got to say is just as valid as anything anybody else has to say, particularly if it gives us any additional insight into just what pont the Cosmic Transmitter is trying to get across...

--PS
Two things come to mind at this point.
First:
Upon realizing all that a person could be and wants to be in his or her life,
what needs to be said and when it needs to be said is clouded by the notion that the individual must allways "check his own ego in at the door" before attempting to surpass into the unknown.

Secondly:
The flow is from the past to the future, and the forum is ARCHIVED in a fashion as to allow ourselves the chance to CORRECT the past. Note however that a slowly changing historical perspective which points out the Humanitarian side of life is much more pleasant that an abruptive SOAKING into parallel dimensions of existence.

Raymond
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Trickfox wrote:
Paul S. wrote:

What d'ya think Paul?

--PS
Two things come to mind at this point.
First:
Upon realizing all that a person could be and wants to be in his or her life,
what needs to be said and when it needs to be said is clouded by the notion that the individual must allways "check his own ego in at the door" before attempting to surpass into the unknown.

Secondly:
The flow is from the past to the future, and the forum is ARCHIVED in a fashion as to allow ourselves the chance to CORRECT the past. Note however that a slowly changing historical perspective which points out the Humanitarian side of life is much more pleasant that an abruptive SOAKING into parallel dimensions of existence.

Raymond
If I was singularity and you would ask "where do you come from" "where will you go"
I would answer "you decide my friend because I don't know"

PeeWee
Last edited by Trickfox on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

asking yourself

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

PeeWee .... but then .... you would be asking yourself that question, am I correct?

And Trickfox. I caught what you last said. Did you think it would slide past me un-noticed? "The flow is from the past to the future and the forum is ARCHIVED as to allow ourselves to correct the past." You were speaking of this book project of course ... but the lesson is one of the Parallel Universe......

So .... things that are "familiar" flashes of "deja vu to us" NOW are because we are reaching back from the future to correct things? ... Things that seem familiar to us as children were that way because of the persons we are now? A reason that Townsend Brown loved that little destroyer?

Oh .... lets adjourn this to the "other side" (try the "conspiracy channel" .... not quite "conspiracies" but certainly not something that can be proven .... yet ....) so try the first section of subjects ....on the index Under "conspiracies" and join me there? Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
Here I am from the future, dipping back into the past to look afresh.
If you read this chapter and think about what is occuring at the moment in the financial markets, hmmmm.
I picked up on the fact that Zanesville is high up amongst solid rocks?
And Dr Brown I think reporting of the tremendous fluctuations thus occuring upon his gravitators relevant to sun/moon positions.
The very precise spot where Dr Brown was raised, especially his bedroom would be very interesting to wander around in my own funny little way, I am not any sort of pervert, but I suspect that the placement of the young upon very special points of a matrix I detect may lead to illumunation.
And that dependant upon specific alignments may be most felt early in the morning whilst asleep, and dreaming.

In the most apt sense of all coincidences, I detect flowing up and down from hill top locations to lower often water filled areas huge snake like flows of negative chasing to positive stuff.

Imagine a bright youngster been inadvertantly placed right on a vortex point of these flows, these flows that I detect turn completely about upon the dictate of a huge lump of rock, lunar rock.

I am certain those flows are alive, here to supply and assist ceaselessly, and to equally take back all they supply, all with a smile.
kevin
fibonacci is king