Were Wilhelm Reich and Townsend Brown on the same trail?

Is the forum really open? After THIRTEEN YEARS?
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame
Spam Prevention: Yes

Were Wilhelm Reich and Townsend Brown on the same trail?

Post by Jan Lundquist »

Why does the Gone Dark author devote so much time to Einstein and Reich and his Orgone theory, when the TLDR of this is that Einstein forgot to get back to him. Nothing but drama came from Reich's overture.

While that encounter was not happening, the Navy was pursuing an objective of its own chasing, that secret that Smyth insists was born at the Naval Research Lab, "in Washington DC, on the Potomoc River, across from Alexandria." It is as if he is putting a point of emphasis on the location for some reason or another. Almost as if something monumental happened there, no?

And yet his pages begin with an accounting of a non-event with an infamous scientist accused of leading a sex cult and later arrested for selling orgone energy accumulators. Though Reich and Einstein kept their separate paths, it seems that they were headed toward the same conclusion, that there is no unified field, there is only a grand algebraic formula.

Did Einstein give Reich the brushoff because his ideas were worthless or because his research had already leapfrogged them? Is there any version of this story in which Reich's Orgone Energy is the same thing as Townsend's "nervous system of the Universe?"
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Were Wilhelm Reich and Townsend Brown on the same trail?

Post by Jan Lundquist »

Wading into Gone Dark once again, I find on page 29
Reich contended -- that the ferromagnetic layer continuously attracted and repelled the orgone flow, concentrating it, focusing it, while orienting its field along local geomagnetic lines. And that the dielectric or insulator only attracted the orgone and even “soaked” it in. But I think that these were still very primitive ways of describing the effect of magnetized dielectrics or what it all means.
Here's where the real problem emerges. How is it that certain diamagnetics -- even certain plastics! -- can be induced to acquire permanent magnetism without changing the medium from a more paramagnetic one to one that is more diamagnetic? You can see how important it is to determine exactly what physical characteristics of space permit the transmission of magnetic lines of force.
I think maybe i have the answer to my question. Reich wanted to introduce a whole new paradigm, and the Scientific Community wasn't having it. The language of dialectrics was working just fine for them.