Chewing over something re: Twigsnapper/Boston

"The Man Who Mastered Gravity" was published in March, 2023. Use this space to share your thoughts, comments, praise and/or cries of outrage.
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame
Spam Prevention: Yes

Chewing over something re: Twigsnapper/Boston

Post by Jan Lundquist »

Paul, you and we, the reader, have been led to believe (or allowed to believe) that the Twigsnapper mystery man on the web who corresponded with you is the same Boston-O'Riley (O'Reilly?) who beat "Morgan" to bits with a rolled up magazine.

The trim dandy I see in the Paris Fouquet's photo is somewhat shorter than Townsend and the sailors next to him. I would guess him to be about 5'6" or 5'7", but I wouldn't call him "diminutive, by any means. Was that really the term "Morgan" used to describe "Boston", or was that your term?
Paul Schatzkin
The White Rabbit

Re: Chewing over something re: Twigsnapper/Boston

Post by Paul Schatzkin »

Jan Lundquist wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:00 pm The trim dandy I see in the Paris Fouquet's photo is somewhat shorter than Townsend and the sailors next to him. I would guess him to be about 5'6" or 5'7", but I wouldn't call him "diminutive, by any means. Was that really the term "Morgan" used to describe "Boston", or was that your term?
OK, so I looked up the definition of 'diminutive' and, yeah, that might be a poorly chosen word in this instance.

There are 110,000 words in this book. I am gratified to learn that's the only one I got wrong. 🤪

--PS
Paul Schatzkin, author of 'The Man Who Mastered Gravity' https://amz.run/6afz
It's "a multigenerational project." What's your hurry?
"We will just sail away from the Earth, as easily as this boat pushed away from the dock" - TTB
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame
Spam Prevention: Yes

Re: Chewing over something re: Twigsnapper/Boston

Post by Jan Lundquist »

There are 110,000 words in this book. I am gratified to learn that's the only one I got wrong.
LOL. Can there be any wrong/right words to describe mythical characters on the internet?