Prescott and Williams and UFOs and Furriners in the Forest.

Long-time Townsend Brown inquirer Jan Lundquist – aka 'Rose' in The Before Times – has her own substantial archive to share with readers and visitors to this site. This forum is dedicated to the wealth of material she has compiled: her research, her findings, and her speculations.
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame
Spam Prevention: Yes

Prescott and Williams and UFOs and Furriners in the Forest.

Post by Jan Lundquist »

Townsend habitually referred to his business acquaintances by the names of their location. Thus when he wrote to Jo, that he met with, or intended to meet with Prescott and Willaims he was likely referring to individuals in the NW corner of Arizona. The population centers there are Prescott, Williams, and Kingman.

For some time, and perhaps, still, Bill Moore’s publishing business was located in Prescott, AZ. I had always thought that it was he and his co-author with whom Townsend visited on that trip, which preceded the publication of The Phildelphia Experiment by a few years..

Kingman was the location of a reasonably well-verified 1953 UFO crash. Scientists Arthur Stancil and metallurgist Leonard Stringfield were on site shortly after the event. Stancil estimated that the craft had been small and oval. Stringfield concluded that it was not of built of man made materials. It was also Stringfield, who arriving a mere two days after the crash, reported catching a glimpse of 4’ alien bodies laid out in a closely guarded tent.

Concurrently with all of this buzz, a curious article,, published in the Prescott newspaper, reported that two men had been arrested for suspicious behavior in conjunction with a fire in a nearby forest. IIRC, neither spoke English. The two were placed in the jail, under lock and key, to be held for questioning. but when the jailer returned the next morning, they had disappeared, leaving no trace of how they had escaped. (Meticulous Kingman UFO researcher Harry Drew published this finding in the old Pegasus/Living Moon forum, several years ago. I do not know if it made it into his book)

All we know is that Townsend knew Bill Moore and thus my initial hypothesis could, conceivably, be true.

But when I read the Prescott story, I remembered that in those days we were dependent upon the the Operation Paperclip scientists for the advances that would get us into space. We know of their contributions to rocketry but what if they brought advances in other areas as well?

Is it possible that the Kingman UFO was an early UAV, being flight tested with crash test dummies aboard? If so, the mystery men may well have been German, and as for their mysterious escape, unless the jail was under a 24 hour guard, I imagine it was easy peasy pickalocky, go.
Paul Schatzkin
The White Rabbit

Re: Prescott and Williams and UFOs and Furriners in the Forest.

Post by Paul Schatzkin »

I can see I may need to parse some of these subjects and move them into their own forum spaces. I'll think about that over the weekend.

-P
Paul Schatzkin, author of 'The Man Who Mastered Gravity' https://amz.run/6afz
It's "a multigenerational project." What's your hurry?
"We will just sail away from the Earth, as easily as this boat pushed away from the dock" - TTB
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Jan Lundquist »

Just lump them under the heading of "Jan Blathers On" and on and on...

I just had a slap forhead moment. I think you or someone developed a timeline of Townsends travels, but I don't have it readily to hand.

If the year/mo matches, Townsend's Prescott and Williams might have been Stancil and Stringfield. He would have been particularly interested in the materials aspects of their findings.
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame

The Most Well-documented and Overlooked UFO Crash Story Ever.

Post by Jan Lundquist »

Harry Drew on the Kingman UFO's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axv4f2JQIGg
Jan Lundquist
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Jan Lundquist »

My belief that Townsend had some sort of connection with this Kingman event is based solely on my memory of seeing a letter written to Jo in this time frame.

My speculations about what was happening continue to change. I see that Harry Drew has done much more research on this story since he first wrote it up. Unfortunately for me, I have no DVD player, and his book is out of print, But Kingman is only 4 hours from here, so perhaps, after the holidays, we will sign up for his tour, if he is still offering it.

https://www.kingmanufocrashes.com/