New Registrations Are Now OPEN...

Please monitor this section for news and announcements re forum rules, membership requirements, and posting.
Paul Schatzkin
The White Rabbit

New Registrations Are Now OPEN...

Post by Paul Schatzkin »

... and more than 2,000 inactive registrations that piled up over the past 6 months have been DELETED.

Due to some configuration omissions, I did not learn until today that there have been more than 2,000 attempts to 'register' for this forum - many of them with .ru IPs, and ALL of them, near as I can tell, entirely 'bot' generated.

I have taken corrective action to prevent this from happening in the future, including posting new guidelines for registering and implementing a set of 'spambot countermeasures' that have worked well for us over at fusor.net.

If you are reading this and are a REAL user looking for access to this forum, then I regret to inform that your previous attempt to register has been deleted along with the other 1,999+ that I did to have time to sift through and isolate.

So please, if you're still interested in joining this discussion of 'the Universe of Magical Things,' the go through the registration again. This time I will be notified and your registration will be approved within hours.

Thanks for your patience, time, and interest.

--PS

P.S. The good news, such as it is, is that if you were a member / user of these forums in 'the before times' (2005-2009), your original login should still work. But you'll need to change your loin / user name / handle from "Mysterioso" to your real name. I'm not putting up with that crap any more.
Paul Schatzkin, author of 'The Man Who Mastered Gravity' https://amz.run/6afz
It's "a multigenerational project." What's your hurry?
"We will just sail away from the Earth, as easily as this boat pushed away from the dock" - TTB