Gifts of the Season

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Doesn't hurt to ask....

Post by Mikado14 »

...for another present.

Mr. Twigsnapper,

Interesting evening for a thought occurred to me, a rather different and unusual event..<g>. I wish to ask a question and receive a simple yes/no answer.

We all know or should I say, those that have read Paul's book so far, where Dr. Brown refused to carry a weapon when he parachuted into Germany. The assumption one can make from that act is that it violated his moral belief. This also occurred a bit over two years after he left the Navy and the NRL. And now the question...

Is the reason that Dr. Brown left the NRL and subsequently resigned based upon the very same moral foundation as above?

Putting something together here, that's all and thought perhaps that you would give a little stocking stuffer for it is related to something else I have ....on the table.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Re: Gifts of the Season

Post by JZimmer »

A very Merry Christmas to everyone!

I read this thread the other day, and quite honestly could not think of the right gift to ask for. So, I decided to wait and think about and post it on Christmas Eve. Alas, even on Christmas day, an answer did not come to me so being the paitent person that I am waited for the answer to come to me.

Today I realized that it there was no present that I would ask for. You see, the gift that is most worth receiving is that which comes from your friends desire to give you something that you will keep and cherish. I have found in my life that you can wish for many things and never recieve them, and many times when you get that gift you have asked for it ends up meaning nothing.

So, for me the gift received from a person who took the time to think about what I would really make me happy, would be the one that I want most.

But, since we were asked what we would like, it would be....

I wish for my gift to be that every one of you that I have known for two plus years have a wonderful Christmas holiday, enjoy the company of friends, family and loved ones, and that each of you be at peace with yourselves.

Good bless us every-one!

Jim Z.

P.S. I still believe in Santa!
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

40 years

Post by Mikado14 »

Here is something that I thought for sure someone would have commented on. It 's been 40 years already, god I am getting old. Regardless of anyone's belief structure and also conspiracy plaintiffs, it still moves the explorer in me.

http://www.time.com/time/video/?bcpid=1 ... 5716074001

I still have horizons that inspire the imagination, I hope others do as well.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Kim
Space Cadet

Post by Kim »

Good morning and Happy holidays to all.
Being a mom and mom-mom of so many I never really wanted anything for myself. I just wanted to see that they all recieved what they desired and needed.
But, after much thinking on this subject I have decided on one thing I would ask for.............time. Time for family....time for friends....time to look back and reflect on the past and time to make the most of it. Time to learn for experiences and time to correct wrongs....time to sit back and take a deep breathe....time to dream and time to reach my dreams.
Kim
What we take time to dream, do we dare make reality?
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Post by Paul S. »

When I jump back in, I imagine I'll be starting here-abouts.

Thanks for the quotes and links.

Hope everybody is enjoying the season, and that the weather is not too much of deterrent wherever you are.

Pretty purple sunset forming here now.

Happy New Year,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

Post by Martin Calloway »

Neighbors from Buffalo sending gifts which are appreciated of course but it struck me that the rum fruitcake could be tested as what you guys might need for the heaviest material ever. Wonder what the K is?

On other subjects. Paul. This is a thread for gifts. And I nominate that your book will be a grand one for the reading public as long as you remember Dr. Browns words all along ......
" Everything will be alright". Thats a message that we all are going to need this next year. We don't need to be warned of all the dangers, we know most of them.

Townsend Brown, most of all... knew what the dangers were then and maybe even the dangers ahead of all of us. But instead of falling into that hole he kept that light going. I think that hope for the future and that burning light is what he passed on and I am sure that somehow your book will help with that chore. Its the grandest gift ever.

Martin
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

As one of my students might have said ... a long long time ago ..." I'll munch to that!"

( Something interesting. Try Butter rum cake where someone ( I will not mention) forgot to add the rum until much later when she simply poked holes and drizzled the rum and butter rather lavishly. Wrapped up now .... those little cakes are potent enough to fuel the world!

I agree Paul with Martin here. Your book will be an important message in a world that is going to need that kind of reassurance. There will be a need and a market for that kind of message, wound so beautifully in the story I know that you are capable of writing.

I wish for you a publisheer now who has the same vision and same enthusiasm for your story that we have all had here. I know that there is proably alot of hard work ahead but you have done so much so well to this point I am sure that someone will see the potential of it.

I know that particular individual must be out there and its just a matter of time before he/she gets ivolved with the magic and the charm of this particular rabbit hole. And once you fall into it , as one of your characters adis Paul ..." There is no going home again"

Cute family picture there. Zoe is probably what Linda called our little dog ... Your "heatbeat at your feet." MarkC
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul,
Thanks for that gift of a piece of magic.
I have not been able to post upon here for several days, I could not login ( anyone else having this problem?)
Paul waved His magic wand to allow Me to post again, hope You all had a good and healthy yuletide time, and all the best for the new year in case I can't login again.

Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Hmmmm,
I feel as though I am all alone at a seance?, is there anybody there?
I would recommend this red head mans writings, he even has a crack at James Bonds occult meanings.
There are links to His books from His home page, Me and his serpents are well aquainted.
http://www.world-mysteries.com/PhilipGa ... rdiner.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByX9EErtQzI
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

kevin,

I know, it seems wierd how quiet we all have been but I really think its just everyone either dealing with the weather or their own personal problems or a combination of everything. The sun will come out and we will begin thinking of other things. On my end of things we actually had nearly two feet of snow in the last two weeks .... and because our little house was built for something a whole lot less than that kind of snowload we lost a good section of our back room ... which has made things uncomfortable, now muddy. But hey. The sun is out. Its not all that bad.

And thank you for mentioning Phillip Gardiner. Is it just me? Was it intentional on his part? But the photo of him in front of the mosaic work is highly reminiscent of an ancient mosaic of a merchant from Ancient Crete? Do you know which one I am talking about kevin? My mind is foggy but I almost immediately recognized the "look" .... even disguised by that red hair. Obviously I have not kept up on my studies of the ancient world but I guess it is time to go back ...........and Phillip Gardiner was an excellent suggestion . Thank you so much. Linda
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Linda brown,
Golly, I have never seen snow that deep, it was probably santa landing on your roof that brought it down.
The picture colour looks like Knossos, but there is kynos as well?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knossos
there is a brilliant picture of our own Griffin on that link, click on it to bring it up full size, Griffins seem to KNOW all about spirals
Kevin
fibonacci is king