Cosmic HaHas

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Cosmic HaHas

Post by Mikado14 »

skyfish wrote:Have seen some beautiful shooting stars lately while skywatching....

This is a very fortuitous sign indicating that where we stand is an entry point to a new adventure. May we receive the blessing and enter wisely into this next leg of our voyage together.

Hero Twins

That refers to Mikado and myself..... :P

Here's to the entry point of a new adventure!

skyfish
Oh Mr. skyfish, I am almost afraid to ask but for some reason I feel compelled. And what voyage would that be? You almost sound as if you know me. I am slovenly, hate to go anywhere and am too much of a cheapskate...<g>.., especially with my own money.

Just curious as to what your meaning is.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

kevin.b wrote:What I sense is a concentration of time, a spiral into the centre point of the plughole.
Kevin,

You mean like water running down a drain? Yes, as it gets near empty, the water seems to run faster down the drain. This is because air is flowing in the opposite direction and allows the drain the "breathe" better. Ever feel flushed? Is that a cosmic haha?

So using this analogy, if we are being sucked towards the black hole in the center of the galaxy, is there something coming the other way in the opposite direction? Even black holes are known to have bursts of radiation from it. Is this where we are getting our downloads?

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Mikado!
lol
Just joking around....

I just thought the link was appropriate for this thread....

But as for the voyage...the ship has already left port! :D
skyfish
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

skyfish wrote:But as for the voyage...the ship has already left port! :D
skyfish
Damn!! And here I am standing on the dock, all dressed up and no place to go.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Mikado,
I am sure you had a typo there....not dock...deck!
skyfish
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

kevin.b wrote:Time drives Me crazy, what the flipping heck is it?
I keep thinking of a really giant clock, and how far the hands will have to travel right out at their limits, whereas they will only turn the same near the centre point, but travel ever so much less distance.
kevin
The hands of a clock are going to rotate at whatever speed they need to, to be in sync with the MOVEMENT of the planets. Near the center axis of the hands it rotates less angular distance to be in sync with the planets. Out at the tips it needs to move a greater distance. Being in sync with the rotation of the earth and the stars is the only thing that matters to a clock, so however much angular distance that it takes to complete one full revolution in 60 seconds depends upon the length of the hands. When a clock accumulates enough error over time to cause it to be out of sync with the MOVEMENT of the universe, we stick in a leap year to get it back in sync.

The word dimension has been hijacked to mean “other realities”. Just think of a dimension by its actual definition, with which any carpenter would be familiar:

1. A measure of spatial extent, especially width, height, or length.
2. The least number of independent coordinates required to specify uniquely the points in a space.
3. A physical property, such as mass, length, time, or a combination thereof, regarded as a fundamental measure or as one of a set of fundamental measures of a physical quantity: Velocity has the dimensions of length divided by time.
4. Informal. the measurements of a woman's bust, waist, and hips, in that order: The chorus girl's dimensions were 38-24-36.

The dimension of length is measured in inches, meters, cubits, or whatever. The dimension of time is measured in seconds minutes, etc.

I like to keep the properties of the first three dimensions (length width and height) in my mind when thinking of time, always keeping them analogous. Length, width, and height in mathematics are usually referred to as X, Y, Z. If you have an object at a defined point in space (an exact XYZ coordinate) and you leave out the dimension of time, when you go to look for that object at that location it won’t be there, because the universe is in motion. You have to define the point in space at what time it is at XYZ because in another second it is at a different XYZ location. Hence my theory that if all motion ceased to exist (including electron motion), there would be no time.

This next paragraph is just me philosophically musing to myself.
Thinking out loud again. If God is omnipresent then God is everywhere at the same time and does not move. If God does not move then God has no dimension of time, therefore God is eternal; I am that I am. In modern language God would just say,” I just is”.

We are stuck solidly in time because our hearts pump, our lungs breathe, our nerves pulse, our atoms vibrate. Stonehenge has aged another day because its atoms and electrons are no longer in the same position as they were yesterday, let that process run thousands of years and you can visually see the effects of time/movement on the stones. If you go back in time you are just looking to a previous physical positioning. A position that all of the matter occupied at a given indicated date in the past. A time capsule buried with important documents is sealed to try to minimize movement within the capsule, so as to slip though time unaltered. It is fake time travel, because it's electrons are moving, but it is analogous to real time travel.

So if we want to measure movement we need the dimension of time. The movement of the sun and moon and stars forms the time base for our calendars and clocks, and the movement of quartz crystals form the time base for our electronics circuits, etc. Time measures movement.

So when thinking of the more outside etherial aspects of the time domain I always try to take the approach; how would this be analogous the dimensions of distance or length. That way dimensions are still dimensions and not other realities. If I want to think on other realities I do that without dragging along the XYZT metrics from this reality, because I somehow doubt that they apply there. Omnipresence sort of negates XYZ and T, which are metrics that may only be applicable to this reality.

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Greggvizza,
Thanks for the reply, but I have a personal problem, and it is just my opinion based on what I detect and deduce.
The planets /moon/sun in fact the whole darn lot are not moving.

I realise how compelling the movement appears, and it has given many nights restless sleep trying to figure it all out in my head.
The moon is the big big clue, the fact that We cannot see the far side, that it fits perfectly over the sun at specific eclipses, that it is 400 times smaller than the sun, which is 400 times further away.
It geometry, and it reveals a secret.
What is moving is the transmissions on th fixed geometry, and we are a consequence of these transmissions, and SEE via the flows.
When the moon doesn't fit the sun is said to be when it's distance has altered, but I see the vesica pisces flow patterns created by the interferance of each points field emitting structure.

So what is time, if the planets are not moving?
Time is in the gaps between the spheres created by the fixed geometry.

As I say, that is just my strange deduction after finding NOTHING moving, except the flows, confusing it is.
kevin
fibonacci is king
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

Mr. Vizza, as I said, you post seldom, but when you do, it is always high quality.

If we would have a Top 40 here at the forum your above post would be right at the top of the charts along with Mr. Schatzkin's posts on the omniplasma continuum (quoting Dr. Brown), deep oceans (quoting Morgan), the Caroline CORE (again quoting Morgan), Mr. Bolland's words on the "Rain on the Window" papers, Mr. Twigsnapper's thoughts on grass, sand, minerals, water and fine horses, Mr. Mikado strange adventures (meeting the shinning beings when he was little), Mr. Trickfox's ideas regarding orthogonal functions, the Phasorphone, etc., etc.

I also see many parallels with ancient Indian philosophy.

What you did with your insistence on contemplating the actual meaning of the word "dimension" is very important.

I only hope that you won't be stonewalled again as you were with the Beckwith-material. In all this time nobody yet properly addressed your thoughts.

Thank you again!

AM
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

kevin.b wrote:As I say, that is just my strange deduction after finding NOTHING moving, except the flows, confusing it is.
kevin
Not really all that confusing just a different perspective. Sort of like looking at a photographic negative. OK, nothing is moving except the flows. The time theory is still saved by the use of the word except. Time would cease to exist if the flows stopped moving. Where there is motion there is time. In your scenario the planets are not moving, so the clocks are synchronized to the perception of movement created by the moving flows. The time on the clocks is still in sync with the movement of something that the universe has got going on.

GV
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

greggvizza,
I suspect that there will be a slight variation in the timing, but essentially yes, the apparent movement is that which We base time upon.
If there is a general flow direction, lets say west to east, then if you were to travel about along that flow faster than it's measured speed, then would You suddenly be in a differnt TIME?

I consider the answer lies in mirrors, and is why Alice is so special, instead of thinking of light as a linear phenonoma, consider instead a spiral pathway, with reflective surfaces, as you view along this pathway, to you the fixed observer, the illusion will be movement, I used to love going into the house of mirrors, where you could suddenly be tall, then small and fat.
The illusion of the reflection was all down to the mirror surface, and it's curvature/s.
I have observed the picture in front of myself turn to a sort of wobbly jelly, at which time one half of my brain suddenly piped up to explain what was occuring, totally independant of my normal brain, it was most excited and recognised the sounds.
This gives me a most strange dilema, do I listen to myself , or everyone else?
I trust myself, and do not doubt what occured, I have also seen inside myself ,the flows, and beyond explanation is the light.
To work out the maths involved with My strange fixed points universe would require the most stunning mathmatician, totally beyond myself.
I bother to check very carefully things from the distant past, and find they have not moved one fraction, what I use to measure with is invisable to the eye, but not to the hands.
The pathways of the spirals will radiate out from each fixed point, You will therefore have a point between the earth and the moon where a cross over will occur, just as you will have between the earth and the sun, and at that specific point you will find the moon.
no matter where you are along the spiral pathway of mirrors, you will always see the illusion, which ever direction you observe along, but if you encounter a vector point where the flows from many directions accumulate, then your eyes may be affected in their spiral method of signal emittance and recieving back, hence the wobble?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODYWwa-ICY8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5yeOMlsYQ
Kevin
fibonacci is king
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

AM wrote:
Mr. Mikado strange adventures (meeting the shinning beings when he was little)

Mikado,
Did they show you the wand with the glowing tip?
skyfish
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

The presence of the extra-universal matter suggests that our universe is part of something bigger—a multiverse—and that whatever is out there is very different from the universe we know,
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news ... -flow.html

skyfish
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

"Nipher, Francis E., scientist, was born December 10, 1847, at Fort Byron, New York."

Careful readers of Dr. Brown's biography will recognize the cosmic haha mentioned above.

AM
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

A Bit of Uncertainly

Post by Paul S. »

Of course, the part that got my attention was the part about every question being answered with a question.

Now... THAT's some kinda "new physics."
Mark Culpepper wrote: “Everyone is the Observer of their own reality,” Mike stated definitively. “Yet a person does not directly observe the phenomena he/she experiences. Everyone’s observations are filtered through their own model of reality: the assumptions, beliefs, and expectations that shade our perceptions. Everyone who reads your book will create their own reality of it and what impact it has on them, if any.”

AND THATS WHAT I THINK THAT YOUR BOOK WILL DO PAUL. OF COURSE THATS JUST ME AND MY REALITY1111 MarkC
Thanks Mark, sorry I'm a tad slow on the uptake. Been taking a bit of breather from this space... just to give my own space a little time and space....heheh.

I wonder, how does the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle apply here? If everybody is observing their own reality, is that reality altered by their observing of it?

If so then... what have they really observed?

Just the sorta thing that drifts between my ears while waiting for my wife to come home so I can observe myself having dinner...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
skyfish
Senior Officer

Post by skyfish »

Yeah...big cosmic haha!

Paul,
Just read this before I saw your post...Heisenberg!
I read The Tao of Physics years ago and it really does a great job of describing the quantum/metaphysical link. Very good stuff.

From Fritjof Capra:

I had several discussions with Heisenberg. I lived in England then [circa 1972], and I visited him several times in Munich and showed him the whole manuscript chapter by chapter. He was very interested and very open, and he told me something that I think is not known publicly because he never published it. He said that he was well aware of these parallels. While he was working on quantum theory he went to India to lecture and was a guest of Tagore. He talked a lot with Tagore about Indian philosophy. Heisenberg told me that these talks had helped him a lot with his work in physics, because they showed him that all these new ideas in quantum physics were in fact not all that crazy. He realized there was, in fact, a whole culture that subscribed to very similar ideas. Heisenberg said that this was a great help for him. Niels Bohr had a similar experience when he went to China. – Fritjof Capra, interviewed by Renee Weber in the book The Holographic Paradigm (page 217–218)

url, url, url...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tao_of_Physics

skyfish