US space policy

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
amalie
Junior Birdman

Re: US space policy

Post by amalie »

Dear Paul and forum friends.

I really don't wish for a soapbox or to use up your valuable time and space in this way .

Perhaps it would be possible for you to keep the Space Policy thread open,
so that I can update you occasionally, say once a month, for those who have an interest .

Best Regards

Amalie
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Exopolitics, Visitants, ETs, Aliens, time travelers, wow!
How about they are from "Middle Earth?" (Where is a Hobbit when you need one!) How about the remnants of an ancient race? Or maybe they are strange visitors from another planet, who arrived here, a long, long time ago, from a galaxy far, far away? Would any of this make a hill of beans difference to a world that is so involved in religious fanaticism that it has permeated the annals of science, where that discipline at one time was used to move us away from the myths and legends of such dogma has created new saints for the disciples to worship?

Linda, did your father believe in a one supreme being, or was it more the acknowledgment of "the creator" of the universe? I cannot recall anything that Paul has written or anything that you have contributed to him on to the forum that spoke of going to worship. Was he (your father) privy to knowledge that enabled him to dispose of all the rites and rituals of religion, embrace science from the moral and ethics of a loving and caring human being, with courage and integrity, even in the face of so much adversity?

Politics makes things happen only because that is the paradigm we choose. Yes, we all choose it, because it allowed to diversify ourselves from a singular dogma based on scripture, written and edited by a Roman Emperor, which was used to "convert" most of Europe. We accept the tenets of politics because it is more convenient than being responsible as citizens to audit the government we chose to represent us.

When speaking of policies to govern space and exploration and exploitation of same, who will administer and enforce these policies? And why do we need them in the first place? When Mikado said lets fix the broken ones first, it was passed by as a rant, and yet I saw it as one of the pertinent points to ponder in perusing politics. And in policy, should 51% force the 49% opposition to comply? Or what? Concentration camps? Exile? Death?

I propose a new paradigm, one which proclaims to protect the individual freedoms of everyone. You may do as you will, think what you thing, feel as you feel, so long as your actions serve the highest good of all concerned. If you are racist and have others that feel as you do, there is plenty of room on this planet for you too. Only when your actions infringe upon the lives of others would it be deemed inappropriate. You can pray to Jesus, Allah, Buddha, Baal, Satan, etc. without fear that someone will ostracize you, so long as you don't try and covert me to see your way as the only way. And don't steal my chickens or goats for your sacrifices, raise your own.

I have heard some say that America was founded on Christian principles and the slogan "In God We Trust" is proof of that. It does not say the god of who. It uses the word in a generality. A central bank was considered unconstitutional and yet we have that now (since 1913) and dissolving the gold standard is what caused the manipulation of recession/depression economics, not the prices of food or the (slave) wages of workers. Follow the money.

There are civilian enterprises that are pushing forward into space. There are other nations that are seeking to explore and exploit space. Will NASA/US policy prohibit them from doing so? There are alternative energy resources available now, that do not require new science, aether or zero point energy, but why do we not have them? Is it politics? Mikado may be right here, but for reasons that are beyond just politics. Powerful corporations that lobby the elected representative to lie to their constituency and serve the will of the corporation. We need to change the paradigm.

We can argue about candidates, but regardless who gets elected, and regardless of which party is in "power" in congress (house and senate) real change cannot occur unless we the people change. We start with changing how we look at the whole of the "game" and create a new game to play. The game we really want has an object of get everyone to win. No losers, only winners. Should be quite a challenging game since nobody has ever played that one before.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Dear htmagic,

The Chemical Bill was passed in the California Senate not at DC, my mistake no wonder you couldn't find it .
Assembly Bill 1879

I wonder why it takes 3 years to set up something like this . I would have thought it could be done in three months.

I guess such long delays might be one reason why people do not have much confidence for ISST, they imagine it would take a 100 years to design .

No mention of public availability for the findings of the science group , but I heard the senators advocating for that that quite clearly , one of the big pluses they gave was that the public would be able to obtain all relevant information on-line with nothing held back . The bill covered chemical threats in the environment as well

http://www.montereyherald.com/ci_10305608?source=rss

Amalie
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Fred,

Wow, what a post! Are you running for President in 2012? I'd vote for you now but I could afford the TV time to get your name out.

Your talk about inner earth was what I thought Linda Brown talked about with the "fawn in the woods" and someone/something that's been there all along. Hmmmm, I am still thinking about that one...

Amalie, I looked at the link you sent, thanks. This bill appears to be a step in the right direction. I am sure mercury (Hg) is banned from the California state list but how many compact fluorescent lightbulbs (CFLs) do they have? And with the recent passage of the bill to ban incandescent (normal) light bulbs will force consumers to use CFLs which contain a drop of mercury in them. Maybe this will force manufacturers to examine alternatives. I heard one company years ago was researching Tesla's carbon button lightbulbs but I never heard anything since then.

Trickfox, I remember as a child in grade school I was taught about the van Allen radiation belt, a highly radioactive belt that circles the earth and could cause extreme harm for any individual exposed for long periods of time. Some claim the moon landing was a fake and a hoax because passing through the van Allen belt would fry the astronauts. Even the shuttle pilots when they are in high orbit (~300 miles, the limit of their altitude) could see flashes of light from cosmic radiation, even when their eyes were shut. One couldn't put enough shielding around the capsule to protect the astronauts.

I like the idea about teleporting but if the US really had this device and the taxpayers knew about it, it would prove that NASA was a waste of taxpayer money when they already had better technology. Then the astronauts that died in space were sacrificed for no good reason than ratings. One video I watched even reported that Apollo 13 was "staged" to grip the public and focus on the event. There WAS a tremendous boost in ratings and suddenly the space program was important again for before even moon ratings were humdrum. One citizen even called in to the network to complain that "I Love Lucy" was replaced by a news bulletin on a moon landing! Today it would be Paris or Lindsay Logan.

As for the waltz, Trickfox, maybe you zigged while she zagged! :wink:

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Fred,

Quite a bit to chew on! Since this is addressed to me ... I will try to start here. You said:

"Linda, did your father believe in a one supreme being, or was it more the acknowledgment of "the creator" of the universe? I cannot recall anything that Paul has written or anything that you have contributed to him on to the forum that spoke of going to worship. Was he (your father) privy to knowledge that enabled him to dispose of all the rites and rituals of religion, embrace science from the moral and ethics of a loving and caring human being, with courage and integrity, even in the face of so much adversity?

I don't know if he was "privy to knowledge" that would " allow him to dispose of all of the rites and rituals of religion..." I just know that he allowed others whatever beliefs made them comfortable in their own skin but somehow did not feel the need for ... say ... attending a Sunday service ... on a regular basis.

I can only remember going to Church with my Dad twice. Once in Zanesville when I was about 7 or so and my Aunt Sybil invited us. I was taken with the idea that I could wear a pretty dress and white short gloves and that my Mom and Dad really looked very nice and the people all around me were well dressed and the ladies smelled of perfume. Dad was cordial with everyone, some of them old friends from earlier days in Zanesville. I was concious that to me it was much more of a social gathering than anything that really meant anything to Dad.... but he fit in beautifully.

The other time I was aware that we were in a Church where absolutely no one knew us. Dad loved the music.

Other than that I can simply remember lying on a blanket on some beach somewhere .... listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir ... on that short wave set that was always with us ....not for the sermon especially.... but for the music.

Interesting really with everything that has been talked about here on the forum. Dad and I never got into a political discussion .... OR ... a discussion on religion. He just assumed I think that I was thoughtful enough to find my own path in both situations.

And maybe its that trust in the inner ability of each individual that will mark my Dads character the most. He just trusted that every single person ... if they thought about it .... and let themselves listen to that voice inside .. could find his/her own way. He never had any real doubt about that. Perhaps that is what he had discovered which worked the best for him. Finding that connection. Linda
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Linda Brown,
Got your typing fingers on again?, I miss your input, it fires things off in my head.
short wave radio, we are missing something, and this link I just found is bizzare, especially the first line?
Picture is a bit good too,
http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2008/03/ ... ver-sleep/
I also walked stright into dance Macarbre, which I have been wrapped up in for the last couple of days, it's to do with pathways and zig zags, and they are right down the middle of the churchs and cathedrals, when those organs are really pumped up, its like strings been plucked at, ether strings?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFfzXEx4Qpo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjfA_3gCd4w
Perhaps your father could plan well ahead, in time?
You have remembered the church music, and the short wave radio, perhaps that was intentional, so you would remember when the time was right, until then, you needed not to know?
The youtube links are to liverpool organ music, and a tabernacle choir.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Mikado ,

The 500 lbs is on it's way .
A fabulous contract and a first for the ISST enterprise.

Great working with you
Amalie

amalie wrote:Mikado OK will do ...I have to think first...be patient I will come up with something in a bit ...Amalie
Mikado14 wrote:
amalie wrote: There are tons of spin offs for everyone here. But itemizing all the attributes of all the catalyzed technological implementations under ISST is a tremendous and probably unnecessary task.
Tons...give us 500 lbs worth.

Mikado
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Raymond,

I would like to ask you if you can post your mission statement and some information on ISSP on this thread .

I know that Paul does not wish me to use the space policy topic as a personal soapbox, and I am very happy to comply.

But I would dearly love to find out some more about your work ?

Today I did privately ask Jim Zimmer to request this information from you but it would be far better if we could all , (those interested in the space policy thread ) have the opportunity .

Amalie
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Amalie
I am not ready to post anything on what I have been doing in private or with others because it is all way too premature to do so. Secondly, Paul is correct in that his forum cannot serve as a ralley point for this kind of effort.
I'm afraid that my decision is final in this matter. There will be no further need to talk about it on this forum. we have agreed to exchange e-mails and talk amongst ourselves, however I never intended to use this forum as a soap box.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Dear Raymond ,

That is quite clear , and it is my misunderstanding . I thought you actually wanted a more public discussion.

I do agree with Paul and others , that if his thread were expanded in that particular and " soapbox" fashion it would take up far too much room.

Amalie
amalie
Junior Birdman

Post by amalie »

Correction re: previous mail.
line should not read "if his thread" as in belonging to Paul, but "if this thread" as in "the space policy thread " at tt brown forum

Dear Space Policy Thread,

News reports are truly terrible, how and why did this happen. I suggest that it was in part owing to the refusal of US administration to permit Russian participation into EU missile defense placements . Russia requested that those placements be generally considered as part of "an adequate global security architecture " Other contributing factors in my opinion were reformed democratic alliances, recent US Georgian arms supplies and basic insecurities over the critical Ossetia pipelines , only route from the Baltics into Europe .

I feel that if US policy had been more available for the space based missile defense configurations , including Russian interests , then trans-political alliances within NATO would have been strengthened and not weakened. I hope very much that Russia will eventually join NATO and alliances in the Balkans would enter a more co-operative phase , but that would have to be one that accepted the genuine basis of information exchange technology (missile defense , space security) as primarily a transpolitical medium. I hope my suggestions make some sense to you and that you might feel inclined to post some further comment for this item .

I will not be able to participate much for any further discussion at this particular thread because I have promised not to engage for "soapboxes" and really do not want to throw any weight around and cause damage to the remarkable tt brown configurations.

Linda has established a far higher calling for me on the historical thread , which is where I can be found from now on.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080827/ap_on_re_eu/georgia

Best Wishes

Amalie
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Mr. Magic Bill, I never considered running for office for as Mr. Mikado indicated, politics is not my cup of tea either. But I am all for campaigning for changes that affect all of us as humans and to bring people together for common goals, based on love, respect, and freedom to express oneself as they deem fit. My only rule or law is that what we do as individuals serves the highest good of all, offers enlightenment, brings forth the best in each other, and enables us to coexists with each other as well as all of the inhabitants of this beautiful blue spheroid we call Earth.

Once we can achieve such a harmony amongst ourselves, then we will be capable of dealing with inhabitants of other worlds, in peace and prosperity. Some say it is human nature to kill, or to take advantage of the weak. My experiences in life have taught me that such traits are learned, they are not genetic. Children are so open and loving until they are taught how "cruel" the world is in which they live. They are taught by parents, siblings, teachers, the media, and these teachings are reinforced by their peers who are taught likewise. And we are all fed more of the same through the media, so we don't forget these lessons, and wind up feeling that we can be loving and caring people, open and honest in our feelings and dealings.

Ms. Linda Brown, I was asking about your father in relation to religion and yes, his politics or lack thereof. The only group of people that I can see he was involved with, who possibly shared his lack of political or religious sentiments, were perhaps those that we have come to know as the Carolines. Some will say they are/were elitists, others will say they didn't care enough to get involved. But I say that they were involved, but not in the games of such power maneuvering as politicians and clerics play on the constituency and congregation. The secrets they held were to protect those with power from destroying all of humanity.

Ms. Amalie, I wish that you will take the time to discover the vast postings that have accumulated on this forum over several years. Perhaps Paul will make available to you a copy of his book, but even without that, there is so much information about the life and works of Dr. Brown contained in this website, much of which I am just discovering, as I have not been here as long as some of the wonderful people here, many of which I have the privileged of knowing better and calling my friends. We are certainly a diverse and significant group of individuals, with much knowledge and skills of many disciplines. It is the differences as much as the commonalities that allow us to share views and still remain respectful of opposing opinions without degenerating into name calling and attacks on each other's genetics or ancestry.

Each of has experiences in our lives that make us more pro or con towards particular topics. I for one, do not like to discuss religion, only because my experiences in life have led me to feel that religion is not about spirituality, or truth in who we are. My opinion, and others are certainly welcome to their own, with all due respect. And I treat politics with equal disdain for that is yet another technique used to control the masses, to the benefit of the few who wield the power and wealth. Again, my opinion and all have their own, which I am certain will not agree with all of mine.

We have managed to survive thus far with nuclear power through the Cold War, and the fall of the USSR and the Berlin Wall. We had in that context however, clearly defined differences of politics and goals. But we now face a new challenge, one in which I feel is even more ominous than before. We now have many other nations that have nuclear weapons. We also have many nations that after years of corporate greed and manipulation of our foreign policies, great hatred towards the Americans. Not that we of our own free will set out to take advantage of other nations, but through our lack of understanding and ignorance, and through the propaganda we have been fed by our own government and media, we have been led to believe that our government always treated others fairly and supported "third world nations" to grow and become educated and prosperous.

Truth is, we were lied to, and further we allowed ourselves to be spoon fed the bull puckey, while we learned to play video games, watch reality TV, and play popularity contests with our rights to elect representative government. We enjoyed a baby boom, a real estate boon and event a Wall Street boon. We could have realized back in the "Dot-Com" bust that we were living precariously close to the edge of disaster, but we chose to follow the antics of Brittany Spears and Paris Hilton instead. Gave many of us something safe to talk about at the office on breaks.

President Eisenhower warned us ofthe "military-industrial complex" before he left office, but we ignored him. And here we are, looking for information about the works of Dr. Brown, which if not hidden for safekeeping by the Caroline Group, is shrouded in classifications of many levels of secrecy and denial. We know what he was interested in, by the hints that he has left behind. Linda is learning things about her father's work that for decades she "need not know" as well. But the one thing that I have learned in all that I have read about Dr. Brown, is that he was a loving and caring man. His integrity and courage are exemplary and I would want to have that as my role model. And above all, he valued life so much, that he would sooner have given up his, than to take it from another.

I relinquish the balance of my time to the distinguished gentleman from Pennsylvania.

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

amalie
Junior Birdman

Gentleman from Chicago

Post by amalie »

FM No Static and others,

A soapbox is of course totally unappreciated by all ... so please accept this only as a contribution and update for those interested forum members, the sciencedebate2008 questions cover many features .

John Mc Cain's answers for 14 questions posed by science debate 2008 are expected presently.

http://www.sciencedebate2008.com/www/index.php?id=40

Here is Barrack Obama on US Space Policy

"As president, I will establish a robust and balanced civilian space program. Under my administration, NASA not only will inspire the world with both human and robotic space exploration, but also will again lead in confronting the challenges we face here on Earth, including global climate change, energy independence, and aeronautics research. In achieving this vision, I will reach out to include international partners and to engage the private sector to amplify NASA’s reach. I believe that a revitalized NASA can help America maintain its innovation edge and contribute to American economic growth.

There is currently no organizational authority in the federal government with a sufficiently broad mandate to oversee a comprehensive and integrated strategy and policy dealing with all aspects of the government’s space-related programs, including those being managed by NASA, the Department of Defense, the National Reconnaissance Office, the Department of Commerce, the Department of Transportation, and other federal agencies. This wasn’t always the case. Between 1958 and 1973, the National Aeronautics and Space Council oversaw the entire space arena for four presidents; the Council was briefly revived from 1989 to 1992. I will re-establish this Council reporting to the president. It will oversee and coordinate civilian, military, commercial, and national security space activities. It will solicit public participation, engage the international community, and work toward a 21st century vision of space that constantly pushes the envelope on new technologies as it pursues a balanced national portfolio that expands our reach into the heavens and improves life here on Earth."

I include my comments on the above.

This is telling ..... "It ( Aeronautics and Space Council )will oversee and coordinate civilian, military, commercial, and national security space activities.

My question would be in that case , is equal emphasis, economic -educational - legislative to be given presently to the "overseen " and perhaps ( in what way ?) " co-ordinated " civilian -military -commercial - national security space activities " ?

In other words would civil society and commercial usage of space now become as important ( to the government ) as the military usage ?

And why is the vulnerable and underfunded developmental process not mentioned here .

If this had been my composition ... which it is certainly not

I would have given military and national security space activities as one item , I know that "military " often refers to space hardware and "national security space items" to software or intelligence. The only reason that I can think of, for the separation of the items in this way is because the reference to "national security space items " is in fact a reference to " Homeland Security " which is not formally a military agency as it proposes "domestic security ", which is not a constitutional function of a US standing military unless during a state of national warfare or emergency .

I would have listed the forthcoming items for the "Aeronautics and Space Council " advisory input ( as equally emphasized ones ) on space policy making as follows.

1. Civil society uses ( isn't civilian a rather old fashioned term which is used to denote others than the military )
2. Commercial ( for US high tech industry export )
3. Military ( as one inclusive category for the military space based structures, for cyber-security issues and for the international security alliances )
4. Developmental uses ( within America and through the UN and international agencies )
5. Foreign policy outreaches ( to connect America to the world )
6. International space exploration including a forthcoming lunar settlement

The last sentence seems like a possible opening for the undertaking of an original US space treaty....

"It will solicit public participation, engage the international community, and work toward a 21st century vision of space that constantly pushes the envelope on new technologies as it pursues a balanced national portfolio that expands our reach into the heavens and improves life here on Earth. "

But then I am not running for president or for any other type of public office .

As FM has said and I totally agree with him the changes that can brought about by the common goals of love , respect and freedom should not be considered as primarily political changes , but as far more basic and more principled ones.

I hope you will find this of some interest .

Best Wishes

Amalie
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

I'm for going after the $30 million Google prize and put a rover up on the moon using Dr. Brown's technology.

.....or maybe my own.

Just a Sunday afternoon making haphazard assumptions.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Re: Gentleman from Chicago

amalie wrote:FM No Static and others,

A soapbox is of course totally unappreciated by all ... so please accept this only as a contribution and update for those interested forum members, the sciencedebate2008 questions cover many features .
I feel that it is sometimes a necessity to step up to the dais, and make ones feelings and views known, so that others can sort these feelings and opinions out and choose which they share, which they can become aligned with, and what points theyt find in contention with their own. Based on my own experiences, what is not appreciated, is when someone chooses to get up on a soapbox to push forth their views as the only acceptable ones for all.
I would have given military and national security space activities as one item , I know that "military " often refers to space hardware and "national security space items" to software or intelligence. The only reason that I can think of, for the separation of the items in this way is because the reference to "national security space items " is in fact a reference to " Homeland Security " which is not formally a military agency as it proposes "domestic security ", which is not a constitutional function of a US standing military unless during a state of national warfare or emergency .
First, it is my opinion, that space is not to be a territory for colonization by the US or any other nation, regardless of whether it is for civilian or military use. While be are inhabitants oft his planet Earth, there are some speculations that we are not the only ones here. Now while that can be debated and discussed without a definitive answer forthcoming, it does pose the possibility that other beings may have already established themselves on other planetary bodies, including the Moon.

So it would be in the best interests of all concerned that as we reach out beyond our on planets immediate space domain, that we do so with an openness, that if others do exists, and if they have established habitats without our reaches, that we do so with the intent of respecting the dominion others have, and not look to thrust ourselves there with the context that we have rights to anything we find simply because of some beliefs established here on Earth.
I would have listed the forthcoming items for the "Aeronautics and Space Council " advisory input ( as equally emphasized ones ) on space policy making as follows.

1. Civil society uses ( isn't civilian a rather old fashioned term which is used to denote others than the military )
2. Commercial ( for US high tech industry export )
3. Military ( as one inclusive category for the military space based structures, for cyber-security issues and for the international security alliances )
4. Developmental uses ( within America and through the UN and international agencies )
5. Foreign policy outreaches ( to connect America to the world )
6. International space exploration including a forthcoming lunar settlement

The last sentence seems like a possible opening for the undertaking of an original US space treaty....
Doesn't it seem illogical that we have not attempted to build a colony on the Moon? All of the publicly known attempts to land spacecraft there seem to have been successful with the exception of Apollo 13. And no other nation has attempted to match our successes, including Russia (USSR) or China, although they would have plenty of reasons to want to get there, if only to show their own people that the United States does not have such superior technology. That has puzzled me for years. Perhaps there is a secret treaty in place already, one that is not only binding among the nations of the world, but inclusive of alien civilization(s) also?
"It will solicit public participation, engage the international community, and work toward a 21st century vision of space that constantly pushes the envelope on new technologies as it pursues a balanced national portfolio that expands our reach into the heavens and improves life here on Earth. "

But then I am not running for president or for any other type of public office .

As FM has said and I totally agree with him the changes that can brought about by the common goals of love , respect and freedom should not be considered as primarily political changes , but as far more basic and more principled ones.
It does seem that before we develop policies or treaties to explore and exploit space, and the other planets and moons in our solar system, that we would best serve the highest good of all concerned to apply such policy and principle to how we deal with each other here on planet Earth. The United Nations itself as a body politic and as a policy making entity, has failed in many respects to incorporate the diverse nations into a coherent unity, representative of all people with equal jurisdiction or jurisprudence. The UN has failed in attempts to verify suspected nuclear violations in North Korea and Iran. It failed in its ability to prevent the US and its coalition military forces from invading Iraq. And it has failed to bring peace in areas like Darfur, where abuses and genocide have been reported by media across the world.

There may be great opportunities for all nations in the exploration of space, opening up new technologies, education, and cooperation among nations. And while I agree that policies need to be in place so that it is done in a manner that can be equitable to all parties involved, I refer back to what Mr. Mikado said in regards to politics and the creation of new laws; We must first fix what is broken in our current laws and policies, instead of just creating new one. That is not to say that efforts towards space policy is futile, but such efforts must be taken with goals that bring the people of Earth together in harmony. We must first be capable of accepting differences as not being something to be feared. We must learn to love one another and to respect all forms of life, if we have aspirations to meet and interact with other forms of life that me may encounter once we begin to stray away from the confines of our Earthbound way of life.

Further, we must learn to give of ourselves, to be in service to others, because it serves the best interests of all, and not because of the profits of power or wealth that they may bring. Lofty goals indeed, but so is the exploration of space.

"Ask not, what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All