US space policy

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: US space policy

Post by Mikado14 »

Read carefully:

ISST will recommend the bi-functionality of military and governmental space based systems for civil society usage within crisis containment, for essential mass education programs and for enhanced inter-cultural dialog.

ISST will through definitions, equitable guidelines, active process and ongoing International dialog demonstrate equalization, balance and the continuing containment of the tendency towards political dissonance, environmental destruction and unstable military escalations.

ISST will provide a legislative basis for the creation of equitable definitions, universally applicable guidelines and secured technological operational mechanisms into the compilation and utilization of National, International and Global statistical references and wide scale data bases, thereby working to assure civil society populations adequate protection of basic rights for privacy, accessibility, and freedom from exploitation.

ISST will support the ongoing International process for environmental sustainability, enabling accurate resource analysis and informed conservation and economic recommendations within a co -operative informational framework for energy and agricultural needs.

ISST will provide an inclusive all nation technological umbrella.

ISST expects to achieve the rapid opening up of the historic and technological watershed for Planetary Sustainability.

ISST will advocate global technological process for non proliferation, advanced verifications and environmental monitoring

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Are We In The Right Place ?

Post by Paul S. »

Sorry to say, but this is starting to look like a personal soapbox, and something of a distraction from what we really came here to discuss.

While certainly worthy, this strikes me as a concept that is sufficiently complex that it deserves its own website and its own forums, rather than imposing on the resources offered here. Methinks there is already enough storage and bandwidth dedicated to this subject on these servers.

Anybody else feel that way, or is it just me?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

amalie wrote:Htmagic ,

Your mail was quite prescient,

Here is some ( rather incomplete ) information on chemical and toxin controls .
re our conversation earlier today .

This afternoon there was a new bill introduced in the Senate to give more accurate information for dangers from chemical toxins. The information around the status of toxic chemicals controls and identifications is being now being supplied by a properly empowered scientific community acting under one Congrssional umbrella with direct and formal responsibilities. The very good thing is that the valued information will also be freely available to the public . The Senate was thrilled to obtain such a practical and helpful legislation, which was made possible through a genuine scientific implementation for the relevant civil society and humanistic principles . This type of legislative structure is what I feel US space policy could be all about , technological acumen for human development . An integrated and legislated format that would expand into the real -time earth observation capacity for multitude developmental and also e-government computationally enabled prospects .

Sorry I do not have the bill no , but you should be able to reference that.

I think I got the general details , program was broadcast here about 3pm Pacific time .

Best Regards Amalie
Amalie,

This forum has a strange way about touching upon things and as Linda likes to say it, threads or strings that connect to other things or events. It is sometimes strange down this rabbit hole. Serendipity supreme! :D

I couldn't find the bill that you were talking about. Do you happen to have a link? Was it for toxic chemicals including chemical weapons? Or just materials under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)?

Pity about the North Koreans. I thought we were making progress there.

I will be curious about the "Hillary and Bill show" that Barak let happen. That didn't make him strong in my book but he has to win the Clinton supporters. I knew he'd pick Biden for VP.

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Post by Victoria Steele »

OK, I am reading. But damned if I know what this is really all about.

Oh! Paul~ You are there! YES. I agree with you. I am like silly little hound who THOUGHT that she was on a trail, got lost in my own nose, woke up somewhere down the trail and discovered talk about space treaties and stuff like that and suddenly I am a lost little doggie.

Thank you for showing up. Just open the damned door and say .... "git in the truck" and maybe I will find my way home.

Amalie, you need your own forum. Victoria
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

I agree that this thread should have a forum on its own website, as it doesn't appear to be connected to the focus of this particular forum, which is the life and work of Thomas Townsend Brown.

Amalie, if you would like to surround yourself with like-minded people, I suggest you set up a forum on your website - programs are readily available.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Are We In The Right Place ?

Post by Paul S. »

Thanks, Victoria and Andy, for your apparent concurrence.

Anybody else?

Unless I get a real good reason why I shouldn't, I'm going to "lock" this thread.

Amalie, I can give you the name of a really good IT-type guy who can set up a forum like this for you, but it's not free.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Paul,

I realize that this thread is taking up bandwidth and server space. But we know that Thomas Townsend Brown was interested in extraterrestrial craft and the way the US military was treating the public. The Cold War began with the Russians having nuclear technology. When they launched Sputnik into space, many feared the Russians would launch nukes. Even projects like Project GRAB that Dr. Brown reportedly worked on dealt with control of outer space.

So is this topic so far off base? Would Dr. Brown have wanted a US Space Policy for peaceful purposes? I believe he would. I believe he founded NICAP for peaceful purposes and may have been concerned with exopolitics. Don't you believe so, Mr. Trickfox?

While I believe that Amalie should have her own BBS on her site specially for discussion of the fine details of Space Policy topics, I do not believe this thread should be totally "locked." Mr. Trickfox brought up the word exopolitics and I had to look it up. You won't find that word in my Merriam-Webster online dictionary (http://www.m-w.com).

Mr. Trickfox, since Edgar Mitchell admitted the existence of UFOs, some said "I knew it" while the rest of the world still goes on as before...
http://www.ufostream.com/video/645/Astr ... s-are-Real

My two cents worth...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

Yep, I will chime in here too.

My thoughts are along two lines.

First, it has been my experience that the one thing that can destroy a group, it’s dynamics and it’s trust faster than anything is politics, and I for one will not engage any anything related to that topic in these forums. Along those lines, I have always felt that the Caroline group, and hence Dr. Brown and those around him were outside politics and the policies surrounding them.

Linda Brown and Mr. Twigsnapper, you would Dr. Brown far better than anyone, so I apologize if I am under a false assumption here and misrepresent him.

Second, I will admit that I personally see no use for this thread in the context of “ the rabbit hole” and agree with Paul that our interests and pursuits are better served along other avenues.

Jim
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I didn't bother posting on this thread, as I know little of US space policy, I wish the lady well and best of British luck.
Any friend of trompe reynard is OK by me, but horses for courses?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Dr. Brown was about as interested in going to other stars as I wish to be involved with politics. I know that somewhere withing this dimension, one or two understand me.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul,

I know you are one savvy guy so, read between the lines on my post, two before this:

https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 812#p17812

You should understand where I am at.

Mikado
Bulwark
Space Cadet

Post by Bulwark »

Catching up on the forum after about a week and I was going for the lurk until I saw this.

Ebudae............The inner and outer Hebrides, in a classical reference. Actually this is Scottish Gaelic. I half wonder if Mikado was putting this to brighten perhaps an Old Irish man in his day. I believe his most pointed saying is to remember the woman.

Amharc, mná ag obair lá 's mall san oíche, Look, women working by day and late
, at night,

Ceolann siad ar laetha geal, a bhí, They sing of bright days that were,
Bealach fada anonn 's anall a chóich. A long way back and forth forever.

For those that wish to hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnlnobPoRI0

It is a haunting type of song...almost a chant....with a bittersweetness to it.

Bulwark
Who would be a man must be a non-conformist - Emerson
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Uh Huh

Post by Paul S. »

Mikado14 wrote:read between the lines on my post, two before this:

https://www.ttbrown.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 812#p17812

You should understand where I am at.
Yessirree, that's some tasty word salad there.

But I sure do like the dressing!

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Victoria Steele wrote: THERES some of the problem of our thinking.

I think that Dr. Brown said the very same thing in one of his first notebooks, that if the same amount of money could be spent on the control of gravity as was being spent on missile development, we would all have had it by now. I sense that the mind set is the thing that must somehow change first and that will not happen as long as we are worried about " maintaining the high ground,in this case, space " and that we have to make sure all of our arament supplies are well stocked. Victoria
Can you say, "Paradigm Shift?"
http://thebiggestsecretpict.online.fr/ufo_et.htm
VRIL VI

As Shirley McLaine once did, I'll go out on a limb here too. While NASA may have been founded as a "civilian" agency most of its data has been kept from the public. Missions always include military officers, and control of "live" broadcast are routed through JPL/Malin Labs before they become public. Seems to me there is a "black hole" that exists between "us" and "them" and regardless of who is president, that I cannot see changing by virtue of who sits in the Oval Office.

Politics is not the answer. Perception is what needs to change. I've seen UFO's, so what? The people in my neighborhood that saw them too, never spoke of them again after they were "visited" by some official government men. Why? What was wrong with talking about an experience that we all shared? In over 45 years, I have never been able to get one person to speak of it.

I cannot change what I experienced nor will I deny it to "fit in" to some role designed for me. My eyes were opened and I "saw the light" and now I cannot go back to where I was before. I agree with Mikado, that we must fix what is broken before we start making new rules built on shaky foundations. Your house would not stand long built that way either. Shift the paradigm, or rather create a new one.

Is Tesla correct in his postulations that we have an abundance of free energy all around us? Was it really a conspiracy led by James Pierpont Morgan to suppress him? Did Royal Raymond Rife really build an optical microscope capable of seeing resolutions of live viruses, and further did he also isolate cancer causing viruses? Did he find a cure for almost every known disease only to have his work destroyed by the AMA and FDA? Is there any proof that any of this is true? Follow the money.

Can people truly be free in a world of multiple political systems, hell bend on being the one for all people and religions that do the same? How can we as intelligent humans fall for all of this dogma and rhetoric, accepting written words on blind faith? What separates Dr. Brown from his peers and his professors, is that he challenged them all and set out to prove or disprove his theories by experiment. Whether with family fortunes or investor dollars, he did the work, now WE have to find the results, hidden in classifications, misdirection (some by Dr. Brown/Carolines) etc. I know it's "out there" as the voice over reminded me every week. But in a land that is waiting for Brittany Spear's next public faux pas, will the truth even be acknowledged it it was put out there for all to see?

One of the things I like about the forum, is that in addition to the questions, there is always the ideas, the speculations, no matter how far-fetched they may seem on the surface, they at least show us all how to think "outside the box" and for the most part, most of us do. In that regard, Amalie, you will have to trust intuition as much as intellect, perhaps more so. There are many here far more learned than I, and i respect their expert advice and questions. There are some that I have questioned even with their degrees, and one in particular whom I have "flamed" quite publicly for his comments about Dr. Brown and his "extended family" here on the forum. Many of you, as I have come to know you, I consider my friends, my brothers and sisters.

Coming from a place that serves the highest good, I seem to have been welcomed and accepted by many and I am deeply humbled and grateful to be counted amongst you. It didn't happen overnight, but as I read through many of the threads and topics I learned so much about the people here and why we have all come together to share the story of Thomas Townsend Brown and his family and a hint of his science.

I am going to eat and go to bed, as I must arise before dawn again tomorrow to be in service to the City of Salem.
With love and peace to you all, a goodnight!

Fred a.k.a.
FM - No Static At All
'The only reason some people get lost in thought is because its unfamiliar territory.'

http://fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com/
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Can't close the thread now... can you Paul..... not after that wonderful text by FM.

FM...that was just wonderful..

It just brings up the real space policy issue..

Do WE even need to go there, when we can telepresence ourselves anywhere in the whole darned universe with our own machines.

I bet we will want to continue exploring in the future anyhow, only we will do it with "telepresence'.

Why take the whole human body any farther than the edge of space for a few hours and call it; The best one can hope for, -without spending years to make the round trip. The body is not made to experience zero gravity. It can't last "out there" very long without gravitational pull. Why not just send small cheap robots with everything just short of "live tacticle feel" . I'm' talking about robotic telepresence .

Short version Build robots, not vehicles that carry astronauts (at least any further than the moon!)

Shorter version than the short version: Use the FTM to cross Euclidean distances

Mr. T.
I had to try and waltz with the lady, but she flew out of my arms and started to cha cha cha on the floor all by herself.
It's not as bad as being slapped in the face, but then I hope we don't upset her too much.
she is still a firecracker of a lady.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com