The "real" character of Thomas Townsend Brown

The website is all about his life and work; here, let us focus on defining and celebrating his outstanding personal qualities.
arc
Junior Birdman

Re: The "real" character of Thomas Townsend Brown

Post by arc »

Linda siad;
And if no Publisher has stepped forward yet perhaps that means:
You haven't contacted enough people ?????.....or your introductory letter needs to be tweeked if it is not providing the results that you needed ?????.... or .... (anyone else out there have suggestions)
A few months ago I was looking for a specific book that I haven't seen for many years. I asked the book shops and they didn't have it on their lists so I tried the secondhand bookshops. About two weeks later I needed a different book and started with the normal "high street book shops" to no avail, then thought of the other ones that I haunt from time to time... the Technical Book suppliers. An enquiry to them about my book resulted in a 6 week wait and bingo.. my book.

If enough people start asking NOW for info on TTBrown... it starts the shops lookiing for info on that topic.
arc
I do not believe our destiny lays beneath our feet... it lays beneath the stars
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Magic Bill,

So True! It becomes worrysome when I know how you have voted... and we seem to be cancelling each other out! Snd I have discovered that I don't even have to go that far to have that experience!

I know of an older lady who I actually drove to the polls this morning. She wanted to be the FIRST in our district to vote .... and she voted for McCain, of course ....no persuading her otherwise... ( believe me, I tried!) ... but I was still endlessly proud of her for wanting to get there so early.

Then later in the day I happened upon a lady with a very engaging dog in her front seat with her ( REALLY a wonderful Terrier type Kevin ... I'll bet he resembled yours) and anyway after our visit I noted that she had a " I voted!" sticker on her lapel and that her car sported McCain/Palin stickers too. So effectively I didn't have to reach all of the way to the East Coast to " cancell out" our votes.... BUT ..... someone said today ..." It sure felt good to vote this time" and I agree. Linda
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Linda,

Have you seen the Stock Market? It has been up, first time in weeks it seems.
So whoever wins, as long as the Stock Market is up, people (should) be happy.

My preacher had an interesting observation Sunday. Despite whoever comes into power in office, God put him there. God raises up kings and tears down their thrones. So whoever is in office, we are to pray for them and follow their lead (as long as it is not evil or immoral).

So as your dad said "Everything will be alright, Sweetie." And he was right then as is is now...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

You can't vote without a legal residence.....your lucky
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Neener Neener...

Post by Paul S. »

htmagic wrote: But I just canceled out your vote Linda and my wife will cancel out Paul's! :lol:
First of all, I find this whole "my vote cancels out your vote" thing to be, frankly, somewhere between cynical and childish.

Certainly it's out of place in a thread devoted to the 'real character of Townsend Brown.

But as long as we're acting like children, take note:

Last week my wife and I voted, which left me free today to chauffeur three more people to the polls who would not otherwise have been able to cast their votes. So you better get busy, you need to vote three more times in order to completely completely cancel me out.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Paul and Magic Bill,

Sort of like looking at the waves on the ocean .... seems like the peaks and the troughs cancell each other out ...... but what about the rest of all of that water? <g> Linda
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Actually, it goes straight to the bottom.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Some of it! Some of it evaporates ... forms into clouds ... rains down on somebodys window>

You yourself said Mikado, that a puppy would lead the way. Linda