The Balfour Cross-Correspondences

A general discussion re: the (secret?) consortium which seems to have influenced the life and work of Townsend Brown
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Re: The Balfour Cross-Correspondences

Post by Radomir »

Very interesting, Grinder, thanks very much for that link. I know I'd run across that legend before, and certainly I've known about and been a fan of Emperor Ashoka (another one to add to the "who would you visit with a time machine" list) for a while. But hadn't made the connection. That would make a really, really nice arc through human history if it were the case. And you wouldn't need immortal aliens as part of the scenario of it was a "multi-generational project..."

R.
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Post by Radomir »

Now regarding the Balfour Manner, just a comment.

When I first started studying Zen, academically, I was deeply disturbed by this aspect which seemed to me to be an almost inhuman distance from human suffering. One Zen poem went something like, "through all the storms of change/ the death of my beloved/ at the center/ it did not touch me." As your basic hopeful young romantic, all about poetry and feeling and passion, I really had a hard time with that.

Much later in my life I found, from a certain standpoint, this perspective made complete sense. It's not inhuman at all, and it's not distance at all.

And there you have the issue with language and intangibles, trying to define something by what it is not.

R.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

htmagic wrote:P.S. Mikado, do you mean the Tarakians as identified on StarTrek? They were shape shifters.
No, guess again.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

This then Mikado?

"Tarakians, a mysterious sect dedicated to the defense of the innocent. Although she doesn’t speak, she is more than capable of making her intentions known. She is a warrior without equal, and is resolute in her mission." Could be the feminine version of the Charles Miller personage during the Ashlawn years, or the " Twigsnapper" version later? Always seem to be there, close enough to touch but silent?

from http://true20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t ... &start=135 GAMES?

Which, you know me. All of this stuff is Greek to me.

Oh, speaking of Greeks ... the character in " Charlie Wilsons War" ... (the CIA man whose actor playing his part looked so much like Beau apparently that even Mr. Twigsnapper says should play Beau Kitselman in Pauls upcoming movie) .... The real character did in fact contact a witch to put a spell on one of his superiors in the agency.

My kinda guy. Really good spells are hard to come by. Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:This then Mikado?

"Tarakians, a mysterious sect dedicated to the defense of the innocent. Although she doesn’t speak, she is more than capable of making her intentions known. She is a warrior without equal, and is resolute in her mission." Could be the feminine version of the Charles Miller personage during the Ashlawn years, or the " Twigsnapper" version later? Always seem to be there, close enough to touch but silent?
Yes......a woman can be a most formidable opponent....when pissed.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Tarna, the Tarakian (Taarna, the Taarakian)

I kept it small. The protector of the Innocent.

Mikado