PETROVOLTAICS - Electricity from Rocks

For a discussion of the science of Townsend Brown, his experiments and his ideas.
skyfish
Senior Officer

Re: PETROVOLTAICS - Electricity from Rocks

Post by skyfish »

Oh...always think of something later...
YES YES YES...
The spiral...double helix...helices...they are everywhere...all at once...a profusion...an explosion...I better stop there....
>( { )">
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Read it Again

Post by Paul S. »

OK, so, admittedly, I'm a day late and more than a dollar short, but my energy since getting back from Dallas has been focused entirely on getting the book published, because if there's no book in circulation soon there's not much point to any of this discussion. So now I'm finally getting around to trying to sort out this past week's tempest (in a little green teapot?) and I will attempt to offer some further assessment in the near future.

In the meantime, I just read this post from Linda, and feel that it is really the most important thing I've read so far in this particular thread/exchange/dust-up. So it warrants being brought back to the top and read again:

Linda Brown wrote:I liked your questions skyfish. Where do inspirations come from?

I may be in the wrong thread to mention this but in Paul LaViolettes book he mentions that Dad had the "insight" to actually hang his esperiment. When he turned the power on .... the darned thing moved. The beginning . But for Dad you have to go back just a bit. WHY did he set up his esperiment that way?

I submit that he somehow KNEW ahead of time that it would react that way. He was given that inspiration and acted upon it...... Where did that inspiration come from. He didn't get to it by the math .... he just built the thing and it worked the way he had envisioned it.

I think that Paul LaViolette misses something truley important when he infers that Dad simply " stumbled" upon that effect and then was surprised when it actually worked. He knew that it would work even before he set the experiment up. The movement just verified that he was on the proper path..... its the recognition that there is in fact some sort of transfer of information going on here between tuned individuals and ... something else .
I think it was Einstein that said something like "Imagination is more important than knowledge," right? That's what Linda is reminding us of here. I would add that there is another important ingredient, that "imagination" begins with some kind of innate "intuition," and therein is the channel that opens to (ahem) the mystical forces that ultimately expand our knowledge.

So far all I can see in this exchange with Skyfish and Mikado is that Skyfish expressed something that occurred to him intuitively, and then Mikado, as is his style in such things, tried to get to the source of that intuition. All worthy intentions, I suppose, so it's hard to fathom how the whole thing degenerated into such an imbroglio. All it underscores for me is that sometimes web forums can be a horrendous means of communication. Especially when real people "hide" behind an online persona.

Which is really all I want to say on the subject at the moment.

Now go back and read Linda's post. Again.

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

She misspelled experiment twice. ESP?

Deliberate misspelling or Freudian slip?

GV
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Did you realize Paul that LaViolette ends his book with much the same conclusion? He said in the last pages

"The new ether physics, on the other hand acknowledges that the physical world is only a manifestation of a much more fundamental, subtle realm that is not directly accessible to our physical senses, but whose operation to some extent may be elucidated with the aid of reaction-kinetic modles. It leads to a worldview in which science becomes united with mystical teachings, rather than separated from them. Widespread knowledge of this new conceptual paradigm could bring humanity back toward a more ethical track, to a global mind-set better prepared to receive the advanced technologies that are now kept from us."

Pretty astute observation but not something that he alone has thought or said. That music has been played over and over by the windchimes in this particular forum and Linda, I hope most realize, has been the quiet force behind much of this music. Anyone read just her posts? Not just the one that you mention Paul? How hard do you think that this might be for a lady who obviously knows far more than she can disclose at any one time. We are watching history unfold here folks. My opinion. MarkC
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Gregg,

You really think it was either/or?
What are the possibilities that she is trying to tell you something that she cannot in any other way and it would be up to you to pick up the clue?

I notice that you noticed and I did too " She misspelled experiment twice. ESP?
Deliberate misspelling or Freudian slip?

I also noticed that later on she spelled it correctly. So why twice? So that we would notice??

You know what I think of when I see ESP? I think of that apartment in San Francisco that Paul wrote about. The two lovers reunited after being separated for months. She didn't even know where he was but when he showed her his apartment she noted that there were not any desks in the library. Just a chair. My mind read that to mean that he was not involved in using paper but his mind alone. A Russian speaking man who is gifted in ways we might not even know about yet. Where does that go?

And if she would know about that but not be able to actually say anything about it .... perhaps a slip .... though I doubt that Freud had much to do with it. MarkC
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

just following the thought thread right now. Just happened to find this which Linda had posted in the " How Fast a Fat Pony" exchange. An example of how very valuable her quiet thoughts and encouragements have been I think.

"And am I the only one who is sensing that we have all been in some sort of strange classroom here where none of the old teaching rules apply?

Paul says for him its been like falling down a fresh and very deep rabbit hole where none of the old rules that we have developed and things that we have learned apply. Perhaps so. But all of this information has been there for us! Just waiting. Its just that we have to learn to recognize it.

This is a new style of accepting information and the only words to halfway describe it are " Intuitive Input". Information finds its way to us by leapfrogging over things that are sometimes connected in the strangest of ways and at the end its not the connection but where the connection takes us that is important. It LOOKS sometimes like coincidence but I am sure that it is not. And you can’t look for rationality in this process because it really way past that. Brainstorming . Strangely, a good word for it."

IN THE END ITS NOT THE CONNECTION BUT WHERE THE CONNECTION TAKES US.

PERHAPS THATS THE ROLE OF THIS BOOK, OF DR. BROWNS STORY, OF LINDAS PARTICIPATION TOO. MarkC
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Kinja Rules

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote:"And am I the only one who is sensing that we have all been in some sort of strange classroom here where none of the old teaching rules apply?
I think Morgan said it best, in the very first letter I received from him in the late winter of 2004:

Forget about da tings you learned in school
We use a different box of tools
And you gotta play by Kinja rules

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Using ESP?
I would be thinking of where the song was about, kinja, norman Paperman.
British/american, submarine base.
Herman Wouk.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Kevin,

Still going .....Herman Wouk.... musical..... "Don't Stop the Carnival"....music by .... who else? Jimmy Buffett ......damn... we just spoke of him in another message right?

I just bought that CD which I was sort of amazed at finding and on the inside cover it talked about Jimmy Buffet arriving in Palm Springs to speak to Wouk and sit around what they called the " Lucky Tree" which I guess was Wouks special inspirational spot out there in the desert.

Its the strangest circle in the world once you start seeing it! I wish I could sit in the shade of a "Lucky Tree" more often. Anybody know what kind of tree it is? MarkC
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Everybody,

Just following up on another one of those terribly wierd and nearly funny " cosmic hahas". And forgive me here Paul but I am going to go purely "mystical" on you!

Mark, You mentioned Herman Wouk and his " Lucky Tree" and my mind found that familiar. Maybe I had heard about that spot, or maybe I just thought of the big black horse that was my partner on so many trails...and the horse that I was feeding when this " Mr. Paperman" walked up to greet me after so many years gone ..... add that to what you had said I thought it might be interesting to Google
" Wouk Buffett Lucky Tree".

Try it and see if you find the real cosmic haha here. I will try to get the link for you but if I don't .... just go to Wouks description of what it was like to work with Jimmy Buffett. You all will find the Caroline reference .... until the smile goes away of course. Linda
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Post by Victoria Steele »

Linda,
Is this what you mean? Spooked here, have to tell you.

http://www.buffettnews.com/resources/di ... /?album=30

And I will let some of the rest of you do an internal search using the words Lucky Tree and Buffett. Notice the dates. Notice what was being said. What was it you said Linda, " returning, returning, returning." Until we finally get what is being pointed out.

Back to Cheshire Cat, Alice inThe looking Glass, Elderidge Johnson, The Caroline. Four steps. Sheeze. Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Cheshire Buffett

Post by Paul S. »

Linda Brown wrote: Try it and see if you find the real cosmic haha here. I will try to get the link for you but if I don't .... just go to Wouks description of what it was like to work with Jimmy Buffett. You all will find the Caroline reference .... until the smile goes away of course. Linda
I suspect this is what Linda is referring to:

http://www.cobo.org/knowledge/glc/song.dstc.html
By: Jimmy Buffett, April 28, 1998

Introduction to Jimmy Buffett's songs by Herman Wouk

Jimmy Buffett landed in my Palm Springs hermitage like a long-haired Peter Pan in denim. During our talk under the Lucky Tree I asked him, "With all the strings to your bow -- rock star, composer, lyricist, novelist, short story writer, sailor, aviator -- why on earth do you want to make a musical of my "Don't Stop The Carnival?" Reply, with an impish grin, "It might be fun." Well, as a relief from writing vast panoramic war novels, my work with Jimmy on this musical has been wonderfully refreshing fun -- with moments of exasperation, to be sure, because this is an ever-smiling collaborator, who appears and vanishes like Alice's Cheshire Cat, leaving just the smile.
You guys are just catching on to "Don't Stop The Carnival" ? Read the book... listen to the CD... and remember, you gotta play by Kinja Rules...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

It just seems to me ...... that with all of these connections to Jimmy Buffett.... maybe you should contact him to get some leads on publishing this book.

I mean look at all of the " hints" that have come in your direction. We talked about the seaplanes out of Miami that Dr. Brown and the rest of the Caroline Group used to take. And that led to the pilot that we talked about for awhile ( connections to Buffetts interest in seaplanes.... A Mr. Franklin taught him how to fly them) and then that led to a discussion about the girl on Catalina ( Slick? who was Mr. Franklins grand daughter???) and then that led right back to the Brown family. Something really odd is happening here right under our noses so why would it be so strange if Jimmy Buffett took a notion to help you out here?

Seems to me that this story is just his kind of story I think, filled with colorful characters with an island twist. This has Buffett written all over it and it strikes me that it would be sort of dumb really to ignore all of these "cosmic hahas".

And he might just do it because " It would be fun." MarkC
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Post by Victoria Steele »

HAhahahaha

I can see it now. Opening on Broadway! "Defying Gravity" by Schatzkin and Buffett. That would turn Sorkins ship into the wind!!!

I am laughing but not. Paul!!! Buffett is part of all of this from the very first or Morgan would not have introduced himself to you as Norman Paperman!!! Do you see what I mean???? The script was written a long time ago!!! All you have to do is see it and somehow move on it!!! Ask the man if he is interested . All he can say is no.... but will he????? In any case I can see that you are meant to interact with the man. Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Finding Buffett

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:The script was written a long time ago!!! All you have to do is see it and somehow move on it!!! Ask the man if he is interested . All he can say is no.... but will he????? In any case I can see that you are meant to interact with the man.
Oh, I have had the same thought on numerous occasions. Just haven't come up with a way to button-hole Mr. Buffett. He comes to Nashville often enough... you'd think there'd be a way.

Thinking.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"