ROBOTS AND CONCIOUSNESS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

ROBOTS AND CONCIOUSNESS

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Those of you who know me or who have kept up with the forum know also that I have a decidedly different way of collecting information. I want to take you with me for a moment on one of my information gathering hunts, just to show you how wierd this can be. Some would say that my process is random . You judge.

With all of our effort recently into bringing new members into the forum and also renewing contacts with older forum members of course my thoughts drifted back to our friend William Warwick. ( who came on to our playing field like a marching band playing his own music, marched up and down and distracted us for awhile as " Justice League" until Paul actually asked him to leave. He had logged on a Forum dedicated to the investigation of the life of Townsend Brown, but had no intention of even reading what Paul had written about the man ... all he wanted to talk about was Cathies works and thoughts and how they affected him. It was like being caught up in a mixmaster. anyway. I have always sort of felt the loss of that interaction even though not having him around calling us all stupid was a definite relief.

That in mind ... the fellows real name was William Warwick. While researching something else entirely I happened accross a publishing company and looked at that because it carried the same name .... and today when I googled " Warwick Publications" to get back to that source I "happened" across this ... which is not related to either William Warwick, nor Warwick publications ... but take a look now at what this man says about human conciousness and what is ALREADY BEING DONE with robotics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Warwick

For me, this is one of the BINGO phrases.

"By means of the implant, Warwick's nervous system was connected onto the internet in Columbia University, New York. From there he was able to control the robot arm in the University of Reading and to obtain feedback from sensors in the finger tips. He also successfully connected ultrasonic sensors on a baseball cap and experienced a form of extra sensory input.[19]

A highly publicised extension to the experiment, in which a simpler array was implanted into Warwick's wife—with the aim of creating a form of telepathy or empathy using the Internet to communicate the signal from afar—was also successful, resulting in the first purely electronic communication experiment between the nervous systems of two humans[20]"

What do you all think of this and what it might mean? Trickfox? Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Re: ROBOTS AND CONCIOUSNESS

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Elizabeth,

" Brainstorming " along with you. I looked up Warwick Publications. (Now maybe Paul would be interested in them, though maybe they have too much of a "mystical bent" to their outlook and he is probably looking for a more substantial mainstream publisher. Still Simon Warwick-Smith looks like he would be sympatico with the stranger elements of Pauls story. To me its just getting deeper and stranger so I think that he might just be the person for this project. Luckily I am not having to worry about this!

But looking up Warwick-Smith led me to this author and there is something very strange and familiar about this Marshall Vian Summers message. His book is called " Allies of Humanity". I couldn't help but think ...." Is this just another name for the "entity" that Paul calls " The Caroline Group?"

http://www.alliesofhumanity.org/marshallviansummers.php

This statement particularly:
At that point, as a result of my spiritual work and writings, it became known to me that humanity has allies in the Universe who are concerned about the wellbeing and future freedom of our race. Within the growing cosmology that was being revealed to me, was the understanding that, in the history of intelligent life in the Universe, ethically advanced races had an obligation to bequeath their wisdom to young emerging races such as our own, and that this bequest must take place without direct interference or intervening in the affairs of that young race. The intent here is to inform, not to interfere. This “passing down of wisdom” represents a long-existing ethical framework regarding Contact with emerging races and how it should be conducted. "

Thoughts? MarkC
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Dear Elizabeth,

I've seen these on eBay for a while now.
I wonder if they are related to 'Captain Cyborg' in any way...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
htmagic
Senior Officer

Post by htmagic »

Mark Culpepper wrote:<SNIP>
But looking up Warwick-Smith led me to this author and there is something very strange and familiar about this Marshall Vian Summers message. His book is called " Allies of Humanity". I couldn't help but think ...." Is this just another name for the "entity" that Paul calls " The Caroline Group?"

http://www.alliesofhumanity.org/marshallviansummers.php
<SNIP>
Thoughts? MarkC
MarkC,

I started to read the Allies One online and this statement struck me:
http://www.alliesofhumanity.org/chapter1-allies-of-humanity.php wrote:The visitors understand the hierarchy of power because they themselves live by it, following their own chain of command, you might say. They are highly organized and very focused in their endeavors, and the idea of having cultures full of free-thinking individuals is largely foreign to them. They do not comprehend or understand individual freedom. They are like many technologically advanced societies in the Greater Community who function both within their respective worlds and in their establishments across vast reaches of space, utilizing a very well-established and rigid form of government and organization. They believe that humanity is chaotic and unruly, and they feel they are bringing order to a situation that they cannot themselves comprehend. Individual freedom is unknown to them, and they do not see its value. As a result, what they seek to establish in the world will not honor this freedom.
This IS occurring now. And most of the people (sheeple) need to wake up! They need to take responsibility for their actions. This statement says it well:
http://www.alliesofhumanity.org/chapter1-allies-of-humanity.php wrote:The second avenue of activity, which is perhaps the most difficult to consider from your perspective, is the manipulation of religious values and impulses. The visitors understand that humanity’s greatest abilities also represent its greatest vulnerability. People’s longing for individual redemption represents one of the greatest assets the human family has to offer, even to the Greater Community. But it is also your weakness. And it is these impulses and these values that will be used.

Don't cop out and say: "The devil made me do it!" but rather realize that within you is contained all the Creator deemed fit to give you. Work with it. The biggest mind control device today is the TV and with it, thousands upon thousands are being slowly hypnotized into a stupor with mindless trivia and junk! That's why I like to be learning and expanding my mind. I'd much rather surf and study the Internet and learn than watch TV unless it is the History Channel, the Discovery Channel, or the SciFi Channel!

MarkC, the "Allies" talked about here are basically ETs that have been sent to help us by warning us of the visitations from many different races. They do not wish to control or use our resources like the other ETs but rather warn us and make us aware of what is happening. It is an interesting read and it appears some ETs are "tricking" us through mental games posing as a "Cosmic Consciousness".

So the question I have is "How can we tell if these 'downloads' are really from the Creator or from an ET posing as a Creator?" Food for thought...

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

I rarely step in with my own personal thoughts on what might be going on and generally I am much more interested in talking about what other people are seeing. But if you all don't mind indulging me for a moment. I would like to share with you what I sense. Some of you have experienced how I can sometimes ... huh .... form odd considerations. I could eventually be proven right, wrong or a thousand other things in between. Remember these are just some conclusions that I have reached. I am not asking for anyone to jump on this particular bandwagon. Just sharing thoughts.

I believe that we may have always been accompanied on this road of development by ANOTHER ENTITY that is perhaps much more advanced and intelligent than we are so far . This is where I might differ from others. I don't believe that this " entity" is anything other than " home grown " here on Earth. I believe that we have had interactions with this "entity" for our entire concious life here on Earth and that it (they?) has acted as our mentor and muse. I have never seen anyone call them " Allies" until I read Marks link to Marshal Vian Summers just this morning. He seems to see them in much the way I have and I have to confess, I was completely ignorant of his work until just a few hours ago.

Here comes the sticky part.

I do feel that while we have our own relationship now ( which we barely understand) with our " home team" ... that we will in the not too distant future be put to the test by forces which are not entirely friendly to our world , our fate ... and also not friendly to the force that has lived silently beside us all of this time.

This puts us ( and our Allies) toe to toe against something that could completely wipe out our entire existence.

Long thought very shortened. I agree that we have to grow up and grow up fast. In my minds eye I see close to the same thing that could be described as a dark tidal wave ... high and thick and its headed this way. I have shared this vision with others through the years and I am not paniced over this sight because I think that we have time to figure out what it is and how to counter it ... So my sense of urgency is tempered by a certain realization that all of this has to happen in the right sequence and we must be calm.

And I remember Daddy saying " Sweetie, Everything will be alright". And I trust that with all of my heart. But also . Now is not the time to ignor what we can learn and do. ... and we have to do it well. Lets DANCE into the future I know is there. Linda
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

AM2 wrote: Would people invested with some sort of ability to look into the future know already what the possibilities are? Would they know that actions now could change those possibilities. If so. Puts a new meaning to things being URGENT I would think. But as Paul so carefully pointed out to Elizabeth one time I think. One persons "urgent" is different than anothers. So maybe the idea is to get every one on the same page? Would make some sense to me. twigsnapper
And when the psychic tells you to not drive anywhere tomorrow and you don't, does that mean that the psychic was wrong?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Linda Brown,
Have written about a dozen replies to your post, first thing I thought was,
Scooby Doo.
Basically, if theres a big ugly dragon to sort, and if you need a hobbits help, you got it.
I know theres a wonderfull something with us, really wonderfull.
Whatever it is, it sure can prod and shove you about at times?
kevin
fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: "By means of the implant, Warwick's nervous system was connected onto the internet in Columbia University, New York. From there he was able to control the robot arm in the University of Reading and to obtain feedback from sensors in the finger tips. He also successfully connected ultrasonic sensors on a baseball cap and experienced a form of extra sensory input.[19]

A highly publicised extension to the experiment, in which a simpler array was implanted into Warwick's wife—with the aim of creating a form of telepathy or empathy using the Internet to communicate the signal from afar—was also successful, resulting in the first purely electronic communication experiment between the nervous systems of two humans[20]"

What do you all think of this and what it might mean? Trickfox? Elizabeth
Elizabeth
I have followed Warwick's work for a long time, and what he is doing is an outgrowth of RFID. "Radio Frequency Identification"

First of all the implant I saw in the video of his first experiment was not as sophisticated a device as the one he wants to try now.
http://software.silicon.com/application ... 118,00.htm
The UK researcher first implanted a chip in his arm that transmitted information to a computer in 1998 and claimed to be the world's first true cyborg, or cybernetic organism. This experiment allowed Warwick to be tracked as he moved about the department of cybernetics at the university.
I believe that perhaps the last implant was similar in design to a "Hermetically sealed Destron RFID chip" the actual "RFID chip itself" for that model was made by Texas Instruments, and I am intimately familliar with the design principles which work around a "passive electromagnetic parametric transponder".
There is no power source in this device. Still the principles involved are using standard electromagnetic principles to transfer both ENERGY and information from the inside of a biological structure to the immediate area surrounding (1 or 2 meters).
Supposing Dr. Warwick's latest work was possible for nearly every body "force function". You could control the robotics from 1 or 2 meters away from the body. Now supposing I can hack into your parametric transpomder "force control" program from a satellite flying high above in a geostationary orbit around the earth?

I'm not sure if The technology Warwick was using is as scary as the technology in the Robot arm monkey seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOkpn0BN2HEI noticed that the BBC journal spared us the view of the poor monkey's head also by just using a natural photo of the Rhesus monkey: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3186850.stm
I think that we have to really examine all forms of functioning general artificial intelligence and robotic aplications:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq8Yw19bn7Q&NR=1

Can you picture it now everyone!!!

Massive control from a distant location.

I think we need to back up a little here. Think about it !!!!

Did we not talk about this a long time ago?
Let's do a search under "hollographic":
http://www.ttbrown.com/forum/search.php ... mit=Search

Yup..... Hollographic control functions!!
Cybernetics sucks all of a sudden doesn't it?

Reminds me of the "Borg" in Star Trek. Somehow, we have to get away from cutting tissues and attaching electrodes to biological cell structures. I think there is a wholistic approach that is not invasive, and easilly gives up nervous control to the "primary subjective being".

It's a matter of first order logic. Being, then imagination, then axiomatic structure, then externalization, and finally existentialism. The same sequence will occur for a new life form and/or first contact. (strange loop)

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Trickfox,

Respectfully, always, I don't think that you and I agree on the sequence.

And we don't match on the idea of first contact.

Its as if we are trudging the same old technology discussion where you keep saying " But all of this has been DONE" ..... perhaps then I would match .... but not by US.

And OF COUSE the wholistic approach has been done. BUT NOT BY US. Linda
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Trickfox listed a particular link in his message above and that led me to this discussion. I can't figure why there is a connection but it is a very good read. Mr. Twigsnapper telling us what it was like in Germany just during the ending days of the war. As I said, I don't know how it links up but it is fascinating reading and I think just might have a real meaning to someone else out there reading these words.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=420&hilit=Holographic

Perhaps this is the part we have been drawn to see
"Doing homework. Alot of people say thats REALLY important. Yet, obviously you can not learn EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. Thats perhaps when "chance" helps guide you and when you turn around, as you are learning, you say to yourself, My, isn't that a coincidnce. "

And something is happening here but you don't know what it is, do you Mr. Jones?

Linda
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Trickfox wrote:
It's a matter of first order logic. Being, then imagination, then axiomatic structure, then externalization, and finally existentialism. The same sequence will occur for a new life form and/or first contact. (strange loop)

Trickfox
I don't see it in the way you have explained it, but then that is nothing new. You claimed that it is a matter of First Order Logic (FOL) or do you mean Predicate Logic. I don't see your sequence as a simple declarative proposition with predicates and quantification. Without quantifiers there is no FOL, but then I could be wrong for so much is jumbled in this cranium lately.

Hell, I'm surprised that you placed imagination before axiomatic structure.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

The story of Segway inventer Kaman's prosthetic arm was released practically on top of your fascinating post, Eilizabeth. I love the way information arrives in layers. :D

SNIP

His new project at the request of the Defense Department: prosthetic arms for soldier injured in battle. He says the idea was to have fine motor control - and weight no more than the original equipment. And fully autonomous power supplies. The first version weighs 8.9 pounds. Took a year to design. 18 degrees of freedom. Can pick up a pen. Pick up a pad. Scratch your nose. Curl a 20 pound load. They showed a video of a guy missing both arms using the arm to eat cereal; he had not fed himself in 13 years.

“Think of this arm as a peripheral on your little PC,” Kaman says. The arm can be directly controlled by thinking, if integrated surgically. Now that’s some impressive engineering. They also tried another simpler approach, with simpler integration into the shoulder. Which still allows you to do fine-motor skills like picking up a nail.

but no mention of wi-fi control!

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdail ... etic-arms/

rose
Last edited by Rose on Sat May 31, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.