ROBOTS AND CONCIOUSNESS

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: ROBOTS AND CONCIOUSNESS

Post by Trickfox »

Mikado14 wrote:
Trickfox wrote:
It's a matter of first order logic. Being, then imagination, then axiomatic structure, then externalization, and finally existentialism. The same sequence will occur for a new life form and/or first contact. (strange loop)

Trickfox
I don't see it in the way you have explained it, but then that is nothing new. You claimed that it is a matter of First Order Logic (FOL) or do you mean Predicate Logic. I don't see your sequence as a simple declarative proposition with predicates and quantification. Without quantifiers there is no FOL, but then I could be wrong for so much is jumbled in this cranium lately.

Hell, I'm surprised that you placed imagination before axiomatic structure.

Mikado
Hell...I don't really KNOW anything here because I am poking into the darkness. :(
We are not even at the quantification level yet. This situation is exactly as portrayed in the Berkely Physics book on Electricity and Magnetism. They start the whole idea with a unique single charge in an empty universe. Then they talk about adding another charge, then they talk about vectors and scalars. This is what I'm trying to describe with 1+i=2. Note also that this describes the notion of a non-Euclidean geometry such as "Clifford" space. If there is only "symetry" then quantification is still beyond our reach.

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Linda Brown wrote:Trickfox,

Respectfully, always, I don't think that you and I agree on the sequence.

And we don't match on the idea of first contact.

Its as if we are trudging the same old technology discussion where you keep saying " But all of this has been DONE" ..... perhaps then I would match .... but not by US.

And OF COUSE the wholistic approach has been done. BUT NOT BY US. Linda

OK....I understand. You are quite correct. I am always under "THE IMPRESSION" that it has all been done before, but perhaps you are correct. NOT BY US........ :(

One thing about recieving downloads from the futre is quite evident. You get the impression that it's been done before, but perhaps it's just the vision itself that causes me to think that way. :roll:

As for "first contact", perhaps that is a subjective and personnal issue between the contactee and the entity.
I am not really sure about the most speculative of my past claims, and that is why I appreciate your rebutal, and isn't that what our forum is about?

I am curious however Linda..... How would you describe "first contact" (assuming of course, that it hasn't happened yet)??

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

In response to your message, Linda, I recently came across Laura Knight-Jadczyk's work concerning a coming geomagnetic wave, but I didn't bookmark the page. I attempted to search her http://www.cassiopaea.org site for it, but got a very hobbitish response:

You wander into the Fire Swamps

After foolishly double crossing the half elf thief, you escape into the Fire Swamps and are consumed by one of the many ROUS's, Rodents Of Unusual Size.
Even your +2 sword can't help you now
!

Save yourself!

And that opened into a most interesting current events site. http://www.sott.net/podcasts/listall.

As I looked at the topics on that site, it occurred to me that we may be in the wave now, although we are (I feel) still a way from bottoming out. Anyway, all we can do now or any other time is to do the best we can do with what we have.

However our "best we can" options increase exponentially if we consider that we are working with an organizing field that is highly responsive to US, [and indeed may even be US]. Homework acquires a whole new meaning then!

rose

rose
Last edited by Rose on Sat May 31, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Ark and Laura are admirers of the celebrated British mathematician, William Kingdon Clifford whose books, papers, and research made important contributions to the enormous scientific progress of the 19th century.

Bertrand Russell noted in 1945, that, besides being a mathematician, Clifford was a great philosopher who: "saw all knowledge, even the most abstract, as part of the general life of mankind, and as concerned in the endeavour to make human existence less petty, less superstitious and less miserable."

Clifford was, at the beginning of his career at Cambridge, an ardent High Churchman. His belief in Catholic theology was a result of his family background and his studies of St. Thomas Aquinas at King's College in London. Clifford participated in religious debates in which he attempted to reconcile advances in scientific thought with traditional Christian beliefs. As time went by, he found his early formal Christian faith becoming eroded, and his skepticism grew. By his third year at Cambridge, he had become an eloquent and zealous advocate of agnosticism, and later, of atheism.

Clifford studied literature, history, and languages including Arabic, Greek and Sanskrit; he was very much interested in "all methods of conveying thought."

Soon after his arrival at Cambridge, Clifford was invited to join the Cambridge Conversazione Society, founded in 1826 and known as The Apostles. Frederick Pollock's father had been a member and provides a description of The Apostles that sounds amazingly like Ark and Laura's Quantum Future School:
Wow...These people would certainly understand the notions I am trying to verbalize so desperatly. You know sometimes I have to force myself to remember that I would do much better if I had gone to school and learned everything just like everyone else. Perhaps I should look more closely at this "future School".

Thank you Rose... That was a gemstone of a post suspended by Linda's golden thread.

BTW, that PODCAST of Richard Bolan was excellent and around 55 minutes into the podcast I suddenly realized that the unifying objective of "our forum" is the exact subject matter of importance here. If you listen carefully you can actually feel the connection to a controlling unknown hidden in "Onion Layers". Please note also that you are generally only capable of peeling away the layers to find deeper layers. Perhaps finding the end of the universe is like finding the center of it after all.

Raymond :mrgreen:
Last edited by Trickfox on Sat May 31, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

Post by JZimmer »

Interesting Rose!

Your little journey into the fire swamp is something that I experienced as well. Strange thought that while I cannot recall the information I was researching, I do remember the site I was actually brought to. It struck me as unusual at the time, and I guess even more so now...

Jim Z.
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Re: Hobbitish Response

Post by Chris Knight »

Hi Rose,

That hobbitish response is from "The Princess Bride," after Wesley (the hero) has caught up with Princess Buttercup's (the damsel) captors, and outwitted the short man in a poison drinking contest. They escape from the (evil) prince into the Fire Swamps.

Having dated a number of women who grew up in the 80's, I'm familiar with it (and "Some Kind of Wonderful"). Not that it has any bearing on anything... :wink:
Last edited by Chris Knight on Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

Trickfox,

You said :"I am curious however Linda..... How would you describe "first contact" (assuming of course, that it hasn't happened yet)??"

First Awareness. Because I believe that the "contact" you are so anxious to see revealed and studied has been going on nearly forever. Contact on one side. " Awareness" on the other.

We just spoke about this Trickfox today and I want to share it with the others here on the forum. We mentioned the tribe that has been " discovered" in the Amazon region of Brazil. There are photos of them looking up at the plane, some of them with their bows lifted .... what was going through their minds I wonder? Probably pretty much what some of us have thought when a strange ship drifts over us .... But here is the difference this time. WE are the ones in the plane. We know what else is out there beyond the sight of those natives .......... Now here is the question ..... what moral responsibility do we have to those people? If we absent ourselves except for the occasional flyover (which might even be by mistake)...... are we treating them the same way that we have been treated in the past by another entity? Hundreds of years could go by under this situation. No actual physical contact being made. So when will the first " contact" happen? I would say that it was when the pilot of that first plane said ..."Hey, look down there" but to the natives there has been no contact ... no real awareness ... just the fanciful stories of something strange in the sky.

And Buttercup? I guess that I missed the " Princess Bride" entirely!

I guess that I missed all of that good stuff during the 80s. Everything you are talking about here Andrew is a sheer mystery to me. Lived on Catalina too long I guess! Sounds like fun though! Linda
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

Mark Culpepper wrote:Elizabeth,

This statement particularly:
At that point, as a result of my spiritual work and writings, it became known to me that humanity has allies in the Universe who are concerned about the wellbeing and future freedom of our race. Within the growing cosmology that was being revealed to me, was the understanding that, in the history of intelligent life in the Universe, ethically advanced races had an obligation to bequeath their wisdom to young emerging races such as our own, and that this bequest must take place without direct interference or intervening in the affairs of that young race. The intent here is to inform, not to interfere. This “passing down of wisdom” represents a long-existing ethical framework regarding Contact with emerging races and how it should be conducted. "

Thoughts? MarkC
Hey, isn't kind of like the "Prime Directive" of Star Trek fame? Perhaps Mr. Roddenberry was in contact with some advanced races? Try Google-ing "Koldasians" and see if you can find the story regarding their "visits" to our dimension and planet. Maybe just science fiction yet it seems to follow a similar context.

Fred
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/singularity

There is a whole lot of good stuff here about Robots and Consciousness
IEEE was where the Remote viewing experiments came out in the late 70s.

Trickfox
Rose
Senior Cadet

Post by Rose »

Another of those odd coincidences that seem to abound in this rabbit hole, Jim! like Trickfox, the first thing I noticed on the linked page was the podcast by Richard Dolan.

Thank you for explaining the source of that quote, Andrew. I missed the Princess Bride as well, and can't even blame it on living on an island!

Interesting site, Trickfox. I followed one of the links and found the following snip. I would say items 1-3 are moving along smartly, but the last 2 have a way to go yet:

I expect the singularity will come as some combination of the following:

The AI Scenario:
We create superhuman artificial intelligence (AI) in computers.

The IA Scenario: We enhance human intelligence through human-to-computer interfaces—that is, we achieve intelligence amplification (IA).

The Biomedical Scenario: We directly increase our intelligence by improving the neurological operation of our brains.

The Internet Scenario: Humanity, its networks, computers, and databases become sufficiently effective to be considered a superhuman being.

The Digital Gaia Scenario
: The network of embedded microprocessors becomes sufficiently effective to be considered a superhuman being.

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/jun08/6306

rose
Strange travel suggestions are dancing lessons from god.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

All this talk about enhancing the human mind make me think of a man by the name of Josh Reynolds. NEW WAVE PARTNERS was the connection represented while speaking at the Townsend Brown Conference so many years ago in Philadelphia.

Josh? Are you monitoring this site? Dad always liked and respected you and I would be curious now to see what you think of Pauls efforts and the statements of some here on the forum. As interesting I would think as the "thighmaster" has been to you in the past, surely what we are doing here is closer to your true interests .... or the words of Elizabeth Rauscher? ( And if you are reading this too Elizabeth I personally invite your comments)

I have shared a vision with Paul of a dark submarine off of our quarter and I have not mentioned it before but now I think its time to send a ping in your direction. It will be one ping only <g>

I know that you are there .... Will you join the conversation? My very best regards. Linda
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Linda,

This Josh Reynolds?
http://www.mybraintrainer.com/press/ind ... ress_id=10

Legendary inventor (ThighMaster, mood ring, negative ionizer, ThinkFast), and professionally acclaimed author and cognitive expert, Josh Reynolds, currently the President of 20/20 BrainPower, remarked, "Because Nintendo's Brain Age score is based on relatively small data sets, it's quite possible your score will be off by a decade. MyBrainTrainer offers a significantly more accurate brain age score. What's more, knowing your actual brainpower may be more meaningful since you can compare yourself to others your age or to everyone of all ages"

MarkC
Griffin
Senior Officer

Scenarios

Post by Griffin »

Boarding the futurist flight, I would suggest two possible additions to the singularity scenarios list that Rose (welcome!) posted from the link:

The IA/AA Prime Scenario: Human intelligence and abilities are enhanced through further immersion in new cosmic energetics as our planet progressively spins into different spacial/stellar regions of influence—that is, we achieve intelligence amplification (IA) and awareness amplification (AA) from this prime source and then apply it in various ways for further evolutionary development.

The Re-evaluation Scenario: As human intelligence and abilities are further enhanced, we continue to re-evaluate, understand, and progressively deserve and develop beneficial technologies already modeled and even developed, with the heightening of consciousness prompting further disclosures and broader applications.

As ever,

Griffin
AM2
Senior Cadet

Post by AM2 »

DELETED
Last edited by AM2 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

Post by Linda Brown »

A new form of " brute force and awkwardness" but perhaps important as a stage.

I agree with you AM but you and I know that you have the ability to leapfrog and see a horizon that others might not see yet. I look at these other things as phases. But it would be far better if we could just really skip them, wouldn't it.

I would swear to you that my Dad mentioned " a different kind of plasma" in his notebooks, some of which are available through Andrews Qualight site. I know I wasn't dreaming THAT anyway! I'll get back to you on that.

But all of these discussions are SO IMPORTANT, even though, like my Mother, I don't understand the science of it at all. Linda