TTB Conference Poll

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.

Where would you like a T. Townsend Brown Conference be held?

Philadelphia
54%
Las Vegas
46%
Other Pennsylvania location (TBD)
No votes
Other US location (TBD)
No votes

Total votes: 13

htmagic
Senior Officer

TTB Conference Poll

Post by htmagic »

Folks,

I'm playing with this poll and like your input. Where would YOU like to have this T. Townsend Brown Conference?

So far, I have 4 choices: Philadelphia, PA; Las Vegas, NV; Other Pennsylvania location (TBD); Other US location (TBD)

Vote now and let's see how this poll turns out!

Take care,

MagicBill
Speeding through the Universe, thinking is the best way to travel ...
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

by train

Post by ladygrady »

An easy train trip. I figure its going to be pretty evenly split in the long run. West Coast/ East Coast. But where will the folks in the middle go? Great idea here!

After awhile how about a different thread for prospective speakers? and or demonstrations? grady
htmagic
Senior Officer

Philadelphia Conference?

Post by htmagic »

So far, based upon weekend poll results, Philadelphia has the lead in votes with 4 votes cast.
Las Vegas is the runner up with 1 votes cast.

Cast your vote and let's see where this ends up!
Vote early (but not often, let's not try to skew the results).

It will be interesting to see how this poll turns out.

MagicBill
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Post by FM No Static At All »

While it would be great to meet in the City of Brotherly Love, and it would be convenient for me upon arrival to arrange quarters during my stay, at the present it would be more of a personal challenge to arrange the funds for air fare or fuel to make the trip.

I would say that anywhere here in the west would be more convenient. That said, as Philadelphia is my birthplace, and there are other energies that are positive in associated with the area, if the choice is made for a Philadelphia Conference, I will do what it takes to join you wonderful folks!

Fred
Griffin
Senior Officer

Las Vegas Flow Forum

Post by Griffin »

Although it would take some time -- well into next year at least -- for this to be feasible at all, it would be great if a "Flow Forum" public presentation on the science of Townsend Brown could happen on Flow's home turf of Las Vegas. It's basically a good conference city. Surely the Flow Forum regulars could put together good presentations on different relevant topics, with possibly additional invited guest speakers..

As ever,

Griffin
htmagic
Senior Officer

Poll

Post by htmagic »

Although I voted for Philly, Las Vegas would be nice too.
I'd like to see Catalina Island as well and I've already been to San Francisco.

So let me know well enough in advance and I'd like to see you wonderful people as well...

I would prefer a smaller get together but if it works out to be a bigger conference, that would be OK too. I'm sure there would be side groups...

MagicBill
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

getting together

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I think I have noticed some of us picking up the either/or attitude here. Either small groups meeting, OR a big conference. And since we are just TALKING right now I vote for everything. And more than one meeting! It might be a fantasy but why not think big?

I do believe that if and when there is a conference in Las Vegas , (no matter what it will be officially called ) to most of us it will always be the " "Flow" Conference. In the next couple of years I think that the economy will pinch Vegas ( not to mention the California Indians grabbing customers before they get out of the state) so much so that rooms and conference facilities should be fairly reasonable. Maybe even bargains.

And speaking of the California Indians. Don't discount their interest in Dr. Browns work or in putting on a Conference at one of their desert facilities.( which , trust me, is everybit as beautiful as the best Las Vegas venue. Dr. Brown had many contacts with the Indians in the Palm Springs area and it wouldn't suprise me at all if they stepped forward with some interesting conference arrangements in the future. And their security can be wonderous if that is what people worry about. You know the joke. The original Homeland Security.

And Palm Springs has pretty nice weather ( in the winter!) and a wonderful airport. That is .... if some of those airlines can continue to fly out of the red.

I note on the front page that the Orion Project ( Stephen Greer and company) has a radio interview and one of the subjects is going to be " Townsend Brown". And I have to wonder to myself if the material they are going to present is the same stuff that most of us have heard for years ..... or .... will they tweak the presentation to reflect the information which has been coming from Pauls direction. Stand by on that folks. Should be interesting and worth a few comments!

Oh .... speakers at a conference in the future. How about
Dr. Elizabeth Rauscher, Stepehn Greer, Loder, and a fellow by the name of Josh Reynolds? Any other suggestions? Elizabeth
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Re: getting together

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I think I have noticed some of us picking up the either/or attitude here. Either small groups meeting, OR a big conference. And since we are just TALKING right now I vote for everything. And more than one meeting! It might be a fantasy but why not think big?
Elizabeth
I am all for the concept of open conference with invitation only "seminars" or small group gatherings. The conference can be an open forum and the small group gatherings can be by invitation only, and onlt those that have been invited will know about them.

Now I am some that will think that this a secretive format, and in a sense it would be, but not in the context of hiding truth, but in allowing those that have a purpose shared among a smaller group, can have a discussion or "brainstorming" session without disturbing the general audience and vice versa.

This is not unlike the conventions of science fiction societies or UFO conferences. It may also be possible to use this type of format to defray the costs of the facilities by paying a registration fee. it would also enable the organizers to determine how large of a place would be required based on the amount of registered attendees.

I am not suggesting that others would be paying for my or anyone else's costs of travel or accommodations, it would only be for the open conference area(s) required for a large group. It may also enable the organizers to negotiate discounts with the hotel or convention center based on a group rate. Just suggestions I feel are worth considering

Fred
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

brainstorming session

Post by Linda Brown »

I agree with you Fred. Perhaps smaller ( invitation only, perhaps localized) sessions might be quite in order with the goal of simply being able to "brainstorm " together on several different subjects.

I do believe that the people who have developed an interest in this story are also somehow capable of developing other inspired thoughts once they are able to interact personally and mentally. Some great ideas are the result of " brainstorming" and I am just really curious to see what will happen with this forum family, even if they have to begin that interaction in small groups. Linda
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

where you go

Post by Mark Culpepper »

This might be obvious for all of us.

I want to ask you Linda.

Would you hostess these smaller private meetings? Would these "special invitations" be from you?

Or would this be difficult for you? And not something that you would want to do? One thing to discuss such meetings theoretically but if they happened, would you be there?

I have an advantage, having already met you through your interest in helping Lisa with her horse. I just want you to know personally that it was wonderful being able to talk with you person to person and as far as the future goes ... just say where Lady.

MarkC
htmagic
Senior Officer

TTB Conference

Post by htmagic »

So far we only have 11 votes on the poll.

It's looking like it will be a small conference which is what most people wanted anyway.

Philly is still the front runner with Las Vegas #2.

If you know other members that haven't voted, please encourage them to vote if they are interested in attending. For such a small turnout, it would be easy for everyone to arrange their own transportation and lodging. We just need to set a date and a place...

MagicBill
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

There are moments when I am a little slow on the uptake. Could you run it by me one more time as to the purpose of this get together? The very first post is just a poll and now it appears as if a date is going to be set, therefore in keeping with Morgan's favorite word and with only 11 respondents, what is the agenda if you would be so kind.

Thanks

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Where, When, Who

It's not even two weeks since this poll went up? I would think that Paul's priority right now is getting the book in print and perhaps a TTB conference would be an excellent place to introduce it. Perhaps Paul and Ms. Brown would consider promoting it on a radio talk show? Free advertising and there are lots of listeners on some of those syndicated late night shows.

I am a bit surprised however at the numbers since it does seem that those with the most enthusiasm seem to be the same small group that makes the most contributions in the the discussions. Guess there are more lurkers out there that have yet to form an opinion or are just not willing to express one. If it will be a conference with a large gathering expected, perhaps several small groups or seminars can be held and hosted by those that choose to do so.

As for the purpose, for those of us that have been part of the ongoing discussions, an opportunity to meet one another (Mr. Mikado gets his plate of Fettuccine Alfredo) and have a "show and tell" for a general audience.

Fred
htmagic
Senior Officer

TTB Conference - location, location, location

Post by htmagic »

Mikado14 wrote:There are moments when I am a little slow on the uptake. Could you run it by me one more time as to the purpose of this get together? The very first post is just a poll and now it appears as if a date is going to be set, therefore in keeping with Morgan's favorite word and with only 11 respondents, what is the agenda if you would be so kind.

Thanks

Mikado
Mikado,

No agenda has been set, nor a date. I was just playing with the poll feature of this forum and thought it would be neat to try out. Right now, we're just picking a location. So far, Philadelphia is in the lead with 6 votes, 5 votes for Las Vegas. Others wanted other locations so I provided two options: Other PA location (to be determined [TBD]) and other US location TBD.

Since only 11 have voted so far, I'd say it would be a small get together but if speakers were lined up and it turned into a bigger conference, would more people show? I can't answer that question. Only time will tell...

I personally would not wish to attend if it were a UFO conference only. I would like to learn more and discuss the technical details of Dr. Brown's work. I would most especially like to see any technical demonstrations of his work or plans that I could build and present (maybe at a later conference, who knows?).

As for being slow, Mikado, at least you've had the luxury of being one of the earlier members on this forum. You've seen a lot of these posts as they were first discussed. You didn't have to "cram" like some of us late-comers. Not only do I have to keep up with all the posts flying around right now, it is interesting to go back in time in this forum's FTM and read some of the earlier posts. There is a LOT of fascinating data to absorb here. Someone said this forum is like a fast moving train and I would have to agree. I spend a lot of time on this forum and my wife has been seeing the back of my head lately as I'm on the computer! But at least she knows where I am! :wink:

I know file server space is cheap, but it would be a great loss if the forum lost its messages. We are quickly climbing to 15,000 messages on this board and although I've only made less than 0.4% of the posts here, I hope some of the information I've provided will be of use to somebody. And I know that some of the information that y'all posted here is useful for my studies and knowledge base. Some of the posts "opened my eyes" so to speak.

"Twas blind, but now I see..."

MagicBill
P.S. Mikado, I know this was a long post for such a simple question but did that answer your question?
James Barrett

participating/lurking

Post by James Barrett »

MagicBill,

I am on this sort of kick which Trickfox actually started and the bywords were " participating /or .. lurking" (as far as the forum membership was concerned.)

His reference and meaning of course was that there are some here who are quick to respond and usually vocal and literate and then there are some who simply read, rub their chin (trying to move their brain cells around in their head) but they don't say anything. I suppose that might qualify as " lurking".

My point is that I enjoy doing both. And I suspect that others are doing the same here. So I would not discount their interest in your poll but your numbers might not be an accurate representation for the interest that is out there. As with most polls the votes show up when there is some sort of urgency. So there could be some out there saying to themselves " Either way .... OK by me."

I didn't realize that you were looking at the poll as a " sign up sheet" of interest in a conference. Saying that only 11 people might show up is going to lead you possibly to faulty conclusions. Just 11 people have bothered to answer the question of " where". I have a feeling there are many who are just out there " lurking" like me. ( though I confess, I already voted for Vegas but really that just was on a convenience level. I could have put Hawaii down too.... maybe should have. Gee, somebody else vote for Hawaii.)

I agree whole heartedly that it should be ( whenever it is, wherever it is) a Townsend Brown Conference. Surely, even if it just turns out to be a handfull of people sitting together, the mental energy of the place will resonate around the world. And who wouldn't want to be in on that? James