The Chair

A place to engage extended discussions of things that come up on the ttbrown.com website. Anything goes here, as long as it's somehow pertinent to the subject(s) at hand.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

The Chair

Post by Mikado14 »

Stange title for a thread. I chose this name because of Mr. Twigsnapper. For those new and those like myself who forget, let me refresh. A discussion came up as to the selecting of 12 individuals to sit around a table based upon Richard Branson's comments in regard to the council of twelve. Somehow, and I don't even remember, Mr. Twigsnapper threw it on the forum, "Well Mikado, who would you choose to sit at the table?". Not one to back down from a challenge, I took him up on it. I chose individuals who stood for peace, those that stood for philosophy, human rights, technology, ethics, personality, experience, compassion and out of all those they had to express a love of mankind. When I was finished, I really wasn't finished for I came up short. It was a very difficult assignment, at least in my eyes. It seemed like it should be easy but the farther along I went, the harder it became. The prerequisite had to be the part about the love of mankind. Personally, I left my self out for there are a few individuals I would like to help along on their journey through life but I was told that that wasn't aloud, I had to sit at the table. The job became much harder, for if I were to overlook the fact that I wanted to help a half dozen individuals along why should I be sitting at the table? Thank You Mr. Twigsnapper, you made my life a little miserable, let me rephrase that, you made it pretty miserable for a few weeks.

One of the individuals I chose is a friend named Robert. Robert was a man who worked hard all his life. He was raised in Pennsylvania not too far from where the groundhog sees his shadow. A farm started by his Italian immigrant Grandfather he was raised on. Through Emails we discussed the legal system and their disregard of the family, the family farm and how the court house would walk over the bodies of the citizen for the sake of agendas of the political if not selfish nature. He worked hard all his life at various jobs and settled on working in academia. Most of what he did cannot be discussed for some of it involved the negotiating between industry and College Professors who developed some new idea, principle etc. I believe it was in the '90s that Robert left this line of work, pretty much black balled for he had no degrees at what he was doing and let's face it, a piece of a dead sheep is worth more than actions in this world. His latest endeavor was to write a book, he wouldn't say what it was about but hoped to get it done before or by the summer. He loved philosophy, discussing the concept of religion and how the universe operated and believed that science and religion were one in the same. He had gifts that he was not afraid to tell, but you had to ask first. He loved woman for he was married twice and had two children that I know of. And there were always discussions of good Italian food.

Receiving repeated messages, I felt the extreme urge to call Robert last night. His son Andrew answered the phone. My friend passed away two days ago. He never told anyone how bad it was for he had an 18 cm tumor in his abdomen, it was malignant.

Thank You Mr. Twigsnapper for it was through your prodding I came to know Robert to the level that I did. I was to meet him recently and he never showed up and his phone did not answer. I sensed something was wrong and thought his Mother might be ill, but again I was wrong.

I tell you this story as a form of catharsis for my self but to share this with the forum. His philosophy was that Dancing was better than Marching and I would have been proud to have him by my side.

The forum knew him as Flowperson. Rest well, and we will meet someday.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

an empty chair

Post by Linda Brown »

And my only response is....

Flowperson .... there will ALWAYS be an empty seat at that table in your honor. Fare Forward Voyager! Linda
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

no words come

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Mikado,

No words come. I am saddened and shocked and I am sure it will take me awhile to figure what I really want to say.

Thank you for telling us about Flow. I have wondered what had happened to him, enjoyed his remarks, especially his take on ancient histories and the relationship between religion and science. I feel that I have lost a good friend .

And I will try always to remember that dancing is better than marching. MarkC
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

A recent event was spoiled because our friend Flow could not be there.
I am sad to hear of his death. We love you Flowperson and you will not be forgotten so easilly, because your motto will forever be part of our memory.

We shall remember:

DANCING IS BETTER THAN MARCHING

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Words Fail

Post by Paul S. »

What sad and unexpected news. "Flow" was a real treasure in these parts. Now now.... "we hardly knew ye."
Trickfox wrote: DANCING IS BETTER THAN MARCHING

Trickfox
Good call, Trickfox. Let that be his epitaph.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Griffin
Senior Officer

Flow onward

Post by Griffin »

Thank you for sharing this news about Flow, a friend to us and to all life.

I wondered why he hadn’t been posting, but assumed he was deeply immersed into his book project. I hope someone continues and completes it – perhaps one of his children.

Mixed emotions, of course. Flow was someone quite transparent, in the best sense, and even as a cyberspace acquaintance I felt like I had really known him as a friend since at least the sixties. I’ll be going to Las Vegas for an event in a few months and I thought that it might provide an opportunity to meet face-to-face. I also thought that a get-together at a Cahuilla Pow-Wow in the Palm Springs area might also happen. Now it will have to be elsewhere. Although it’s a loss to many on this side, I do believe it’s a gain and blessing for him and I have the feeling he was ready. I recall him mentioning a Near-Death Experience, so IMHO he was well prepared. Think what he’ll be able to do in that low/no entropy environment. I’m going to connect with some of Flow’s favorite music on YouTube, including Long John Baldry, and commune with his spirit.

I do hope that the spirit of Flow will help us to continue to flow and grow cooperatively on and through the Forum. Another of his important observations went something like this: “If the mystics and the technical folk can’t work to understand each other and cooperate, we’ll all dog meat.” He was marvelous at bridging that divide, and it seems that the Forum is continually advancing in his and Townsend Brown’s direction. Let’s work to constantly invoke and manifest his cooperative, unitive spirit as well as TTB’s. That would be a great memorial to his – and their -- ever-living presence. We now have three powerful kindred spirits in the higher dimensions, with direct and loving ties to the book and forum, who are now quite likely in direct collaboration. As Socrates well knew and expected, the afterlife is affinitive.

As I know you can tune in, Flow, I’ll speak direct. May you truly dance the Buji-Wuji to your heart’s content. May you continue to plumb the depths of wisdom, with all “secrets” being revealed. May we meet on Avalon eventually, in the great eternal Sea of Qi.

As ever,

Griffin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

The loss I feel is immense, He touched me across this strange connection system.
Our loss is a selfish feeling, I was already missing him.

I truly consider that nobody dies, that our bodies are a temporary place, and that within the flows I detect are all of who have been and will be again.
Those flows are greatly enriched with Flowperson, I sense he will be helping with some strange co-incidental occurances upon here in our future, as we call it.
What a loss I feel, what a loss.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
AM

Post by AM »

Although I did not know Mr. Flow personally I am very sorry to hear that he passed away.

Judging from his posts he was a vital part of this great forum. Something tells me that he is now wandering through the outer limits gazing at the wonders that fascinated Dr. Brown so much.

AM
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Mikado,

I am sorry I did not get a chance to meet him. My condolences to you for the loss of your friend and also to his family.

It is a pity, that we all have a limited amount of time to accomplish what we want, and we do not often have the insight to know how much time we have left.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

I will not forget

Post by Victoria Steele »

Flow,

I will not forget what you have written here on the Forum.

Will not visit Rittenhouse Square without thinking of you, nor hear the words / Danching/ Marching without immediately thinking of you.

I trust, with everything I believe, that your children will be guided (by that strong inspiration we all now recognize) to make sure that your unfinished work finds itself in the proper hands.

I am sorry we missed each other. Victoria
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Flows words

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I thought it interesting that in one of his last messages on this forum Flow had this to say ..................

"Paul...As with all living and breathing entities, I knew when this day came I would feel that certain sadness, that the moments that I have enjoyed on this forum with so many others were already sliding inexorably into the darkness of the past."

A certain sadness .... felt here too.

Elizabeth
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Post by Radomir »

Thanks Mikado for letting us all know about this, and to get to know sides of Flow we didn't get to meet through his messages here on the forum.

We spent the weekend hiking next to several streams near our campground. About every forty feet there was another small waterfall. Each one unique in how the water flowed, and the sound it made, how the light played and sparkled off its surfaces.

Flow on, Flowperson. Ye shall be missed.

R.
Griffin
Senior Officer

Flow and Bruddah Iz

Post by Griffin »

Since receiving the news that Flow had died, I’ve wanted to find a particularly appropriate song on YouTube to link to in his honor.

A close friend and colleague, who also has a strong connection to Hawaii, emailed me a YouTube link in connection with Earth Day and concerns of indigenous people for Mother Earth, which I know Flow shared. “Bruddah Iz” was a literally larger than life presence in the lives of many in his native Hawaii. I say “was” although Iz still is – though not in the body as we see him in the video. He died at the young age of 38 and though greatly mourned by his family, many friends, and fans in Hawaii, his “funeral” – which culminated in the pouring of his ashes into Mother Moana from an outrigger – was a celebration of life and music. His version of “Over The Rainbow” is beautifully unique, as he was. Flow certainly was too, as we know. Iz melds “Over The Rainbow” with “What A Wonderful World” which Louis Armstrong made famous. The latter was my mother’s favorite song and after her physical death a few years ago, I experienced a series of what I fully believe were After Death Communications and that song featured prominently in one. These are not uncommon, though too often scarcely reported, so don’t some of you who established a connection with Flow be surprised if he pays you a visit!

Enjoy, in tribute to Flow and Bruddah Iz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL-uL2M3xvM

As ever,

Griffin
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

A sad day Indeed

Post by JZimmer »

And that is all I can really think to say!

Jim
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

It's not enough.....

We owe flowperson more tribute. This was a fine man whom I will remember forever because he understood me completely.

I am sharing my Private E-mails with everyone because it is my wish to show how much life that man was living with us all.

I just wished we had been able to visit him when he was sick....we were all there thinking about ourselves and feeling important and happy, and Flow was probably suffering silently.

IT IS NOT ENOUGH..... We need an image of our friend Flowperson and I would vote to try and contact his familly to obtain an image or photo of the man we knew so afectionately as "Flow".
To: Trickfox
Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:58 pm
Subject: U-Tube Creations
Trickfox...you are one far-out bodacious dude ! Excellent work.

What you have created will cause younger people to ask intelligent questions. And, of course, that's what needs to happen for things to bring about real change in the future.

Orwell (aka Eric Allen Blair) would love your clips.

Again, great work !

flow....

To: Trickfox
Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:36 pm
Subject: Re: U-Tube Creations
Hi Raymond...

I've been a generally open person all of my life, but today's world encourages people who have worthwhile information to disclose it, and it is then used by others soley to their advantage. Then the discloser is punished for coming up with the ideas in the first place. At least that's how my life has been for a long time.

That's probably behind my suspicions regarding Dr. Brown's life and the way that it unfolded for him and his family. It's gotten better for me the past five years or so, but that has been at great personal expense to me and my family over the past twenty five years. At my age it's difficult to change, but then it is true that no-one can disappear in today's world and I am reminded of that on a regular basis. My attitude these days is that I say and write whatever I wish, when I wish, and how I wish...and if others don't like that then F**k 'em, it's their problem. So far I'm still walking around and breathing, so someone must be on my side.

I appreciate your reaching out to me, and I am happy to respond in kind, because my spiritual nature is to believe that the world that we have and hope to keep was built upon musical structures, truth, and trust, and not much else. In that spirit I certainly wish you well and hope that the lurkers don't muck up the very good thing that we all seem to have going here.

cheers...Robt (flow)

The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com