Epilogue: The Sound of Time

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

hiccup.....hiccup.....

Gee.... I guess it's exactly the same word, but I think maybe they call it -Le hocket...

What do you think Andre?

Trickfox
Last edited by Trickfox on Sat May 03, 2008 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

still think its wierd

Post by Victoria Steele »

I still think that its consumately wierd that the word should pop up like that in this movie. maybe just another one of those weird hahas but its enough to startle you a bit. In French or not! Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Trickfox,
Was the mashed potatoes , hand mashed or from a packet?
Those that stare at mashed potatoes may not be humans?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagqFqjW9tA
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

kevin.b wrote:Trickfox,
Was the mashed potatoes , hand mashed or from a packet?
Those that stare at mashed potatoes may not be humans?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wagqFqjW9tA
Kevin
Mashed spuds. Biofuels.

UN on biofuels MKI
http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?N ... 71&Cr=&Cr1
UN Foundation: The United Nations Biofuels Initiative
http://www.unfoundation.org/biofuels/index.asp
"The UN Biofuels Initiative promotes the sustainable production and use of biofuels in developing countries, under conditions that can attract foreign and domestic investment. Biofuels are liquid fuels made from biomass (plants and trees), and include biodiesel for trucks or generators and ethanol for cars or cooking. A domestic biofuels industry can create good jobs, increase income in rural areas, and reduce the need for costly imports of foreign oil."
http://www.unfoundation.org/donate/index.asp

The Initiative is supported by the UN Foundation and is being undertaken in partnership with five UN agencies working in coordination:

• United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD)
• Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
• United Nations Development Program (UNDP)
• United Nations Environment Program (UNEP)
• United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)

UN on biofuels MkII
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7065061.stm
Biofuels 'crime against humanity'

I think they are on drugs.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/business/ ... 30464.html

Oh its mainly US ethanol that starves the world.
Huh.

Let's research the guy in the UN the press is quoting in this Ethanol is a crime deal:

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Ziegler

Ziegler has praised Cuba, stating in November 2007 that it is a world model for how it provides its people with food and praised it for cooperating with the United Nations and agreeing to allow him to report on the country's respect for the "right to food."[6] Reuters reported:

"We cannot say that the right to food is totally respected in Cuba, but we have not seen a single malnourished person," [Ziegler] said...

[His visit] was the first by a U.N. rights rapporteur to Cuba in almost a decade. He was invited by Havana after the U.N. Human Rights Council, of which Cuba is a member, decided in June to stop the scrutiny of human rights abuses in Cuba...

Ziegler said his visit was a sign that Cuba was willing to cooperate on human rights with the new U.N. body and would pave the way for visits by other rapporteurs.[7]

According to the National Post,

As early as 1964, Professor Ziegler expressed his admiration for the Cuban communists. That year, he served as Che Guevara's chauffeur when Guevara was on a trade mission in Geneva for the Cuban government. He was convinced by Guevara not to emigrate to the island nation, but to stay in Western Europe where he might fight more directly the enemies of Cuba's revolution and international Marxism...

Ziegler permitted undercover Cuban agents to monitor a press conference he gave in Geneva prior to his [visit to Cuba]... [who] took note of journalists' question and tone...[8]

Concerning the event in Geneva, the Associated Press reported that a U.N. spokeswoman

...said she was unable to prevent two Cuban diplomats from entering the [press conference]...

The U.N. strictly prohibits government officials from attending news conferences unless they are explicitly invited and included among those presenting...

When the news conference ended and [she] confronted the officials, they said they were diplomats at a U.N. mission, but declined to say which country they represented.

"I can only regret this incident," she wrote in a letter to the U.N. correspondents' association in Geneva.[6]

[edit] Opinion of the United States

According to The Weekly Standard, Ziegler believes that the United States is an "'imperialist dictatorship' that is guilty, among other atrocities, of 'genocide' against the people of Cuba by means of its trade embargo."[4] The Inter Press Service reported that Ziegler"

Motive seems pretty clear to me. Ferment that corn boys.

Until the the Gizmo goes.
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Quote of the Day

Post by FM No Static At All »

"There is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than the creation of a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old system and merely lukewarm defenders in those who would gain by the new one."
- Machiavelli (1513)
Nothing is possible when bound by self imposed limitations.

Fred
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

the ends

Post by twigsnapper »

Hello Fred

Interesting quote:
"There is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than the creation of a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old system and merely lukewarm defenders in those who would gain by the new one."
- Machiavelli (1513)

Then one must ask. What means are justified in reaching an end result?
twigsnapper
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Re: the ends

Post by Radomir »

twigsnapper wrote:Hello Fred

Interesting quote:
- Machiavelli (1513)

Then one must ask. What means are justified in reaching an end result?
twigsnapper
Yes, any contemplation of Machiavelli tends to wind up in that sort of question. I found myself there yesterday after reading the quote.

But at the risk of repeating myself or sounding naive, I am hopeful that by changing the frame itself (infinite game, versus a finite game), not just a system, there will be more for everyone -- instead of a field of winners and losers at the end of the day -- and the question of confrontations could be sidestepped or whirled around (Aikido again) so that even those who would oppose are themselves changed by the interaction -- may it be so.

R.
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Re: the ends

Radomir wrote: Yes, any contemplation of Machiavelli tends to wind up in that sort of question. I found myself there yesterday after reading the quote.

But at the risk of repeating myself or sounding naive, I am hopeful that by changing the frame itself (infinite game, versus a finite game), not just a system, there will be more for everyone -- instead of a field of winners and losers at the end of the day -- and the question of confrontations could be sidestepped or whirled around (Aikido again) so that even those who would oppose are themselves changed by the interaction -- may it be so.

R.
Synchronistic I must say Mr. Radomir. I though it and you wrote it. Like Merlin and Mordred though, by not putting any energy into the current game (paradigm) but only focusing energy in the creation and nurturing of a new one.

And to directly answer Mr. Twigsnapper, perhaps with a bit of naivety or altruism, because it would serve the highest good of all.

Or we could just wait until the current generations of physicist all die off, and keep getting the message out to the new generation. Wait! What am I saying? I am a part of that "older" generation too! And I don't want to wait that long for a change.

"The willing, Destiny guides them; the unwilling, Destiny drags them."
- Seneca the Younger (c.4B.C. - A.D. 65)

Fred
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

all

Post by Linda Brown »

You said and quoted:
Or we could just wait until the current generations of physicist all die off, and keep getting the message out to the new generation. Wait! What am I saying? I am a part of that "older" generation too! And I don't want to wait that long for a change.

"The willing, Destiny guides them; the unwilling, Destiny drags them."
- Seneca the Younger (c.4B.C. - A.D. 65).

First of all. I am impatient too...... and at the farther end of the scale ...And I want to get the message out before I go trundling off!

I do believe that destiny ( some might say "providence") moves to meet a person already in action, to assist and inspire that person on his/her own journey ....)

Those who just sit ... waiting for their destiny .... become a pawn of that destiny.( Sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad.) Do you become someones liferaft stationed quietly there? Or someones stepping stone?

If you have DECIDED to remain stationary then that in itself is action and will probably bring inspiration and help.

But if you are just sitting there because you are too hobbled by your fears or your insecurities to move forward then you may become just a pawn in someone elses game. "Dragged down the court" sort of. I am sure that sometimes all of us have felt like that at some point in our lives.

So. My humble opinion. Its a matter of choice. I say GO FORTH and the forces of the Universe will join you in your efforts! Magical things will come to you, manifest themselves in front of you! If we want a friendly Universe ... then we decide upon it .... and it becomes. Commitment here is everything. Linda
FM No Static At All
Senior Officer

Re: all

Linda Brown wrote: First of all. I am impatient too...... and at the farther end of the scale ...And I want to get the message out before I go trundling off!

I do believe that destiny ( some might say "providence") moves to meet a person already in action, to assist and inspire that person on his/her own journey ....)

Those who just sit ... waiting for their destiny .... become a pawn of that destiny.( Sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad.) Do you become someones liferaft stationed quietly there? Or someones stepping stone?

If you have DECIDED to remain stationary then that in itself is action and will probably bring inspiration and help.

But if you are just sitting there because you are too hobbled by your fears or your insecurities to move forward then you may become just a pawn in someone elses game. "Dragged down the court" sort of. I am sure that sometimes all of us have felt like that at some point in our lives.

So. My humble opinion. Its a matter of choice. I say GO FORTH and the forces of the Universe will join you in your efforts! Magical things will come to you, manifest themselves in front of you! If we want a friendly Universe ... then we decide upon it .... and it becomes. Commitment here is everything. Linda
One may also view it as the "Law of Attraction" in that once we choose a path and begin the journey, we do find the "universe" will support us. It doesn't mean we will not face challenges. And yes I do see how when we choose not to choose, we are dragged along in someone else's game.

I am reminded of the James Redfield "Celestine Prophecy" in which we get messages (answers) and opportunity to provide messages to others. Most of us for too long have been unaware of the messages. Most of us here in this group, are seeing the messages come at us as quickly as we can type the questions, or even faster!

And the actual quote was not original Here it is:
"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it"
- Max Planck
Come writers and critics
Who prophesize with your pen
And keep your eyes wide
The chance won't come again
And don't speak too soon
For the wheel's still in spin
And there's no tellin' who
That it's namin'.
For the loser now
Will be later to win
For the times they are a-changin'.
-Bob Dylan
Fred
JZimmer
Deputy SysAdmin

The fear of change

Post by JZimmer »

Hi Everyone!

Thought I would take a second to comment here, in the form of another story (oh no, run …. :) ).

In my early days, I had the dream to go into business for myself and accordingly got involved on all the professions that were required to be successful.

I new that I needed to learn how to sell, so I chose the most difficult area I could find at the time, Professional Recruiting. As many of you know, it is nothing like it is today, there was no internet to spread the word, and recruiters were forced to find leads (recruits) on their own, and find the companies as well.

Unlike today, this involved a significant amount of personal contact with every person you tried to place into a new company. From that contact with countless people, I learned a lesson that has stood with me my entire career, and I constantly look in the mirror for the signs in myself.

Fear of change, is the most crippling disease that a human faces. It is a sub-conscious entity that sneaks up on you and paralyzes even the bravest. You see, change is the greatest fear each of us face because we don’t know what will happen.

That fear can take many faces, the fear of failure, rejection, loss if income, friends, fear that someone will beat you to a new idea or thought… even fear of death.

The point is, that I learned that those that succumb to that fear are those that never really succeed at anything and drag others into the pit with them, while those that stood up, faced their fears and followed a new and sometimes unknown path not only succeeded but also helped those around them to be successful as well.

So, if even a small part of what I believe I know about this entire affair is true, then I/we own it to ourselves, our families, our friends here and the world at large to do everything possible to face that unknown and succeed.. no matter what the cost!

Hope this makes sense to everyone!

Jim
Griffin
Senior Officer

choking

Post by Griffin »

Yes, JimZim-

We all draw insights from our own experience. Years ago, I did some coaching. Each game/competition situation represents major change and the possiblity of "choking" and underperforming. One of the best solutions, IMO, is DWAI (Don't Worry About It). As a Chinese saying advises, "When you take action, don't worry."

Griffin
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Re: Epilogue: The Sound of Time

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Paul,

I am assuming that you will be almost ready to put your work cap on again. So I wanted to get in line on the discussion end of things.

I decided recently just to start reading this site from the very first introduction, you know, where it says " START HERE" I don't know if you have done that recently but it struck me that perhaps you need to go over that again. The statement here

"Hello... What's This?
Consider this website "A work in progress... dedicated to a work in progress."

About two and a half years ago, I set out to write a biography of a man named Thomas Townsend Brown."

See what I mean? Already we have gotten off by what, three years?

And I really do expect that you are going to get alot more visitors here and though I know that they will probably figure it all out maybe it would be better to put an updated version of that greeting up there?

And did you note how many pages in this Epilogue section? and nearly 1000 posts. Pretty amazing.

Oh, and I wanted to tell you that I really liked your obituary for Mr. Cornellon. I would have been pleased if I were a member of his family so I hope that they were also. Always difficult to lose a member of your family and I think that you treated his memory with a dignified but very human touch. MarkC
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Re: Epilogue: The Sound of Time

Post by Mark Culpepper »

And the red pen in my hand is vibrating. Correction on " comprehensive" as you have mistyped it in your " Defying Gravity" section.

And though it is really none of my business , while I am at it I just have to log being just a tad uncomfortable with the phrase...................

"Defying Gravity is a biographical mystery that ponders the question “how come nobody has ever heard of T. Townsend Brown?”

Now, after you have finished the book with such a wonderful style, would you mind reading that section above again? Is that really the style that you want to use to introduce your wonderful work?

There is just something about the phrase " How come nobody has ever heard of T. Townsend Brown?" that is .... awkward! I immediately think ... "well, wait .... alot of people have heard of him .... not nobody." Its just...... awkward... and I hope that you will agree with me. I wouldn't make such a stink over it but it is actually the "first impression" of your writing style and I think that you can come up with a better representation of what the rest of the book is going to be like. Am I wrong? Are you mad? I'll go now! <g> MarkC
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Suggestions

Post by Paul S. »

Those are good points and good suggestions, Mark. I already have some material I can use in replace of some of those earlier statements.

For now, I just want to suggest that before anybody else follows Mark's lead here and starts tossing in their suggestions, just hold off for a day or two. I want to "remodel" a couple of things here, and create a separate thread for suggestions like those Mark has just offered.

And thanks for all the welcomes back. It was a good trip. I'll have a book report to share with you all, too.

More as soon as the plane comes to a complete stop at the terminal...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer