Epilogue: The Sound of Time

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Linda Brown,
How Do?
I enjoy playing ping pong with mikado , I do rely upon what I see and can see, but I don't allow that to rule over me.
I fully understand anyone else 's position if they don't have access to additional information.
I lived in that world almost totally up to been 55 years old.
Then another set of additional information poured into me.
I feel compelled to inform, to share, not in any way preaching, not asking for any followers, just inform, build the knowledge.

This site has helped me , and I am sure yourself and all concerned, and its content going forward will help many.
If my presence ever becomes tiresome or annoying, you PM me, and I will be gone into the aether.
The respect towards you that fills me is immense.
I hope you maintain this site ongoing, I sense you have enabled a secret doorway to creak slowly open, I just desire to oil the hinges.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

being reborn

Post by Linda Brown »

Kevin and Mikado,

I understand what is happening between the two of you and I love watching it! I think that we recognize that we are not quite the people we were three or four years ago ... being now " differently experienced" (Thats not a phrase normally used but its the only one that fits and I know that you both will recognize what I am talking about.) And maybe others reading this will recognize the experience.

For me it happened when someone from my ( I thought) long buried past quietly walked up to a corral as I was throwing hay to my old horse. My life changed forever from that point. And it sort of felt like I had been hit with the volume of a tidal wave.

Kevin, you used the expression .... " information pouring in" and thats what it was like. Not the normal kind of thing where you learn one raindrop at a time ( remembering your rainbarrel Mikado) . Thats the way I think it goes normally. But not this time.

We are going to react to it in different ways and its wonderful knowing that there are others out there who know what I am talking about.

Just wanting to tell all of you that I appreciate your company SO much and would never get annoyed with what you feel you must express.

I am trusting that you both will give me the same leeway! There are frustrations ahead of us and trying times as we attempt to communicate well but this is something that can be done ..... And trust me, ask Paul ... I can be more exasperating than anyone when I get on a roll.

Lets just see where all of this goes and enjoy the experience, shall we? Linda
AM

Post by AM »

I'd like to join the chorus and say that I hope this site will never close down and that the discussion will continue to deepen. Seldomly I have ran accross something great as this work. Dr. Brown's story is a catalyst for many things to come out in the light.

I also do hope that Ms. Brown and Mr. Twigsnapper will continue to stay with us, althought I believe that Mr. Twigsnapper has a much more multi-faceted role than we think here. Of course he supplies us all with those tasty, juicy chunks of hidden facts and tantalizing leads. One of his functions here is (in my opinion) to act as kind of eyes and ears for some very interesting people and what is even more important to gently, but yet actively channel the discussion in certain specific tracks. Or away from certain topics.

Now, I don't want to be the one spoiling the party or the group-harmony, but if I may act for a second or two as the resident advocatus diaboli, then I would like to pose this question: "Is there among Mr. Twigsnapper's charming words also some disinformation?"

Mr. Langley, you don't have to apologize for your sense of humour. I actually myself have a very peculiar sense of humour and I'll tell you that it can get quite insane. This is a public board after all and I've been on my best behaviour so far. But if you see me loose, then... Well, then many strange things can happen (just don't get me started with smurf-jokes).

I'll address the Nazis and the old Walt G. in a separate post.

Ms. Brown, I'm still new here, but I'd like to add my five cents worth to what you said, if I may:

"And trust me, ask Paul ... I can be more exasperating than anyone when I get on a roll."

Oh, don't worry. I'm far worse - when I get something into my head, I persist until even my own family goes crazy. Have you ever watched inspector Columbo? Well, I'm an upgraded version. But isn't Columbo simply brilliant? Forget Monk, forget Murder She Wrote or Matlock (ha, ha, ha). Those are amateurs in comparison with the great Columbo. By the way, have you seen that episode with Johnny Cash, where Cash signs "I saw the light"? Hell, you don't know who's better - old Hank Williams or Johnny Cash!

Mr. Cash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATPW5BTK ... re=related (the video-quality is not so good, but still).

Hank Williams: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GET-53gbVpY

"I was a fool to wander and stray
Straight is the gate and narrow the way
Now I have traded the wrong for the right
Praise the Lord I saw the light."

Mr. Twigsnapper, "I was a fool to wander and stray", wink, wink. The hounds and foxes? The old horn on the hill? Who is holding the horn? Perhaps a charming corpulent German Brunhilde? Speaking of Brunhilde, when the old Comintern was still sending their agents to the Chinese Communists, Otto Braun was one of them. In China he often felt lonely and the Chinese soon noticed this of course. They fervently began looking for a female companion for Herr Braun and chose a petite, handsome, little Chinese lady for him. When they came to Mao proudly announcing their new victory, Mao just shook his head. Ah, such petite women are not for the yangren, especially not for Germans. They are too fragile and gentle. According to Mao's advice they then choose the fattest Chinese lady around and arranged for a marriage with Herr Braun. And guess what? Herr Braun was overjoyed - unfortunately his new wife demanded a divorce sometime afterwards.

I wonder where Mao got to know of all this i. e. Westerner of that time liking corpulent women? Watching too many of Wagner's operas? Somehow doubt it.

Praise to the Lord who has given us inspector Columbo.

AM.
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: searching for proof

Post by greggvizza »

Linda Brown wrote: But maybe this is worth considering ....... maybe once that “proof” is handed to you, and you identify it to your own satisfaction...... What then? Would you launch yourself on a campaign to spread that “ proof” to others? Would you think that once you knew that it would be a simple matter then to “ spread the word” to others?

Have you considered how difficult that actually might be, given the resistance of the human mind to things that it has not been programed for yet? Do you have the patience to wait for the dawn of recognition, because without it .... you will never be believed, no matter how strong the evidence.

And there is the fear too which you would have to combat. If you could suddenly and without question “prove” that these fanciful stories are in fact true .... then you have to be prepared to help people deal with the fright that overwhelms them because suddenly their world is not the same that it was before and in a blink of an eye everything has changed and moved under their feet ..... and would you be in a position to tell them that everything would be alright?

Linda
Linda,

If I didn’t know who you were, and what is was that you were referring to, I could almost read your comments as if they were written in 1912 in reference to winged flight. I will be using that analogy in a moment because it seems like it fits.

But first I have a question that you may be able to answer. The airplane has been beneficial to mankind; it is also used in war, but I would not give up the ability to fly coast to coast in 4 hours just because planes can also be used destructively. Airplanes are beneficial.

Linda if you would answer that same question regarding the technology that you are referring to. Would this new technology be beneficial if it became as common as air travel? Not all inventions are beneficial even if they become common. I think of the invention of fireworks; very spectacular, very common, but not much of a benefit to society. If this technology has the potential of being a great benefit then I say lets just start using it.

Here is were the 1912 winged flight example comes in. The Kitty Hawk flight took place in 1903. By 1912, or there about, quite a few farmers and country hicks in rural Ohio were out having a great time in their airplanes (“just start using it”) while the city folks sat around philosophizing that if man were meant to fly he would have been born with wings, etc. There was also a great fear associated flying. All the while the hicks in Ohio countryside were out using the technology and having a great time of it. The Ohio license plate reads “The Birth Place of Aviation”. I had the privilege of meeting quite a few of these early hick Ohio aviators. All of my flight training took place in Ohio. My first instructor was one of those fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants country aviators, based at a little farm airport about 30 miles south of Columbus. He made me learn to fly using dead reckoning, made me land without using flaps, made me land on grass strips, etc. Just raw flight. During that period I got a good feel of that early aviation vibe. For my instrument training I went to Port Columbus International Airport and my instructor was an ex-Vietnam F-4 pilot. This was a totally different world. I am so glad that I did the hick thing first. The “just do it” attitude.

Answering your question whether I would tell people about it and let them know that everything would be alright? My answer is: Definitely. And enjoy every minute of it; like a 1912 aviator.

Just start using it.....and they will come.....

GV
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

tasty little horse story

Post by twigsnapper »

One of the members of this forum has been visiting Marrakesh recently and before going he asked me if I had any suggestions for places he might visit . The only things I could think of were the horses ... which shows you how singleminded I can be sometimes ... to see past the acrobats and snake charmers and fortune tellers straight to the horses.
And it is along those lines that I want to answer AMs comment.

"Now, I don't want to be the one spoiling the party or the group-harmony, but if I may act for a second or two as the resident advocatus diaboli, then I would like to pose this question: "Is there among Mr. Twigsnapper's charming words also some disinformation?"

So I am going to wander and talk horses for a moment

There are areas around Marrakesh quite hidden from Western eyes. They have been used for centuries for underground grain storage. More valuable than gold and in some of those caves , centuries old , the finest stock of Barb blood has been traditionally hidden away. Mares and Stallions and foals brought out at night to frolick in the moonlight, race across the desert in the looming presence of the Atlas mountains, then carefully hidden again from the scorching sun. Generations of such horses.

The Europeans never knew much about them but when they did happen across them they spirited bloodstock away ( generally stolen) to become remounts for some of the finest cavalries ever to draw sword against each other. The French Spahis Regiment was mounted on such horses.

Now, here is the question. When asked by the Europeans about bloodstock do you think that the men ( and daughters) charged with the good care of that core herd actually gave up the best of the best? Don't you think it would be wiser of them to cut out perhaps there more inferior stock to be let go? Especially knowing what they would be used for? And when an old horsetrader was asked, what do you think he might say?

The Barb horse has a reputation amongst its breeders as being the most psychic horse alive. Old manuscripts ( Strabon 58 BC) talk about the riders of that desert area riding without anything on their horses heads riding by sheer wish and being obeyed.

And nothing is more beautiful than seeing that today. War horses .... Yes ... but so much more for the human heart.

So are some of the things I say disinformation? Perhaps so. I am a horsetrader by nature. twigsnapper
AM

Post by AM »

A perfect answer Mr. Twigsnapper. You couldn't have put it better.

Protect the finest stallions well! I'm a simple, naive and not very experienced person who too often wears his heart on a sleave, but in my opinion sacred knowledge or sacred science is something invincible and yet very delicate. It's like making a strudel - you may know all the ingredients and the secret recipe and still things can go wrong. You are not safe until the strudel is done - the invincible stage. But until you are, there is a lot that can go wrong. Can you imagine what can happen if you don't know the secret recipe?

The same goes for sacred knowledge or should I say sacred science? The forces of profanity always want to invade the sacred area and soil it. Soon the sacred becomes vulgar. How often in history did this already happen?

But something tells me that what Mr. Twigsnapper protects couldn't be in better hands. He obviously knows his trade well.

Mr. Twigsnapper, as a token of my appreciation I'll quote my favourite Masonic joke:

"-- Found on a cup in a Lodge in Ireland:

OLD MASONS NEVER DIE, BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO JOIN TO FIND OUT WHY"

Probably also applies to other groups than the Masons.

AM.
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: tasty little horse story

Post by greggvizza »

twigsnapper wrote:Now, here is the question. When asked by the Europeans about bloodstock do you think that the men ( and daughters) charged with the good care of that core herd actually gave up the best of the best? Don't you think it would be wiser of them to cut out perhaps there more inferior stock to be let go? Especially knowing what they would be used for? And when an old horsetrader was asked, what do you think he might say?
Being a person on foot with no horse at all, I would feel it a privilege to receive even one of your inferior stock.

EDIT: That is so long as it is indeed a horse and not a herring. I'd rather remain on foot than try to ride a fish.

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

from what little I know

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

From what little I know of the Barb horse ( mainly pictures of the grey horses of Napoleans cavalry?) until he mentioned the regiment ( French Spahis?) I would not even have known their name. and I might still be wrong. But they were known as the best war horse ever and then later as running horses the Barb influenced the English thoroughbred big time. So what must have been maintained had to have been very special because the " crop outs" were outstanding themselves.

And I can understand why some tribesmen would spend their lives protecting that original herd. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I have often wondered how horses names were arrived at?
http://horsecare.stablemade.com/_articles/barb.htm

In this link, if you view the stallions, there is one called, vanishing act, hmmmm.
http://www.originalhorses.org/
kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

How would you know what time a horse was from?
Unless of course that horse is the famous Mr Ed, they don't talk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj79scLZ4yY
So if you had access to a FTM, and an interest in a certain subject, what would You go and gather together?
As an antique dealer, I would possibly be busy gathering up furniture and bric a brac across the ages, as the FTM doors opened, out fell a dozen Jacobean sets of drawers, etc etc.
It would be quite a site, if when the doors opened, a herd of horses suddenly galloped out?
Neither the sets of drawers or the horses can talk.
Kevin
Last edited by kevin.b on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fibonacci is king
AM

Post by AM »

Mr. Twigsnapper don't forget the joke:

"-- Found on a cup in a Lodge in Ireland:

OLD MASONS NEVER DIE, BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO JOIN TO FIND OUT WHY"
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

And we have the Masons bubbling to the surface again and coming up the rear are the Knights Templar riding on these wonderful horses.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

we are not just talking grain here

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Perhaps I have been dealing with Mr. Twigsnappers messages longer than most of you? But when the gentleman makes this comment

"There are areas around Marrakesh quite hidden from Western eyes. They have been used for centuries for underground grain storage. More valuable than gold and in some of those caves , centuries old , the finest stock of Barb blood has been traditionally hidden away. Mares and Stallions and foals brought out at night to frolick in the moonlight, race across the desert in the looming presence of the Atlas mountains, then carefully hidden again from the scorching sun. Generations of such horses.

The hair on the back of my neck goes up, I think suddenly of what Grinder used to say ..... I get this odd feeling that we are not just talking about horses here ... are we? And though I have ignored all of the wild talk about things hidden in caves up to now. Did you just open a door here Mr. Twigsnapper? Used for centuries? .... things let out to frolick in the dark? ... we are not just talking horses here are we? MarkC
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mikado 14,
A couple of days ago , on this thread, I put a link to a book called, brother of the third degree, its a fiction ( or is it? ) book and the count de st Germain features in it.
I reckon that chap gets about a fair bit?
It is a tale of the secret society, where those who achieve a certain level don't perhaps require bodies as such.
The book is there in pdf form.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
AM

Post by AM »

As said, I had NO intention of dragging Masons, Knight Templars or anything similar into it. This is a complete misunderstanding.

I repeat this has nothing to do with Masons. Further I'm not implying that anyone is a Mason here.

I made the joke, because the contents express so well what is going through my mind just now.

You could as well put Scouts or Shitake-growers instead of Masons:

"-- Found on a cup of the Munich Society of Shitake-growers:

OLD SHITAKE-GROWERS NEVER DIE, BUT YOU'LL HAVE TO JOIN TO FIND OUT WHY"

Mr. Culpepper, I perfectly agree with you. I may be wrong but what Mr. Twigsnapper seems to talk about here is perhaps AMONG OTHER also his own role. It would be a great mistake to think that he was chosen as Dr. Brown's protector completely randomly and just, because of that charming Irish accent. And do you really think he was just protecting Dr. Brown? Or just hunting those German scientists?

By the way, Mr. Twigsnapper mentioned Morocco in a different context already, just to remind everyone (actually two different contexts). It may be a coincidence and my crystal ball may be giving off wrong signals, but still.

We should pay more attention to Morocco, the horses, those who protect them and the Europeans.

AM.
Last edited by AM on Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.