Epilogue: The Sound of Time

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Andrew,

One more added thought...

How do we know that Morgan didn't go back and at least see his little sister one more time. To see her smile, to hear her laugh, just to see her through the eyes of an adult and to look upon her with the understanding that it must be.

Perhaps there is a timeline where Morgan never went back....who would have then stepped out of the shadows?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

And one more thing,.......

I hope that I have grown spiritually and with wisdom for there are heartfelt wishes I too would like to go back and change. However, the older we get and what little wisdom we accumulate tells us that that is not so. I want the pain, I want the mistakes, I want the heartache etc for these experiences have made me who I am.....and I hate change <g>

Do you see what I am getting at?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
AM

Post by AM »

A very good point you made Mikado! I do not like to venture too much in the field of speculation, but still. Let us pose the following question.

If we presume that each effective change in a specific timeline generates an X-amount of new timelines, does then exist the possibility of communication between these different timelines (akin to the communication between different dimensions)? Is it possible to consciously switch from one timeline into another or even exists simultaneously in different timelines?

Is it possible to eliminate or extinguish such an artificially created timeline? And if so, by what means?

What is a difference (if any) between a "naturally" existent timeline and an artificially created one? Can a "naturally" existent timeline be extinguished?

A.

P. S. Mikado, I am still young and yet I can perfectly understand what you are saying and feeling. Of course it would be nice to go back and change all those terrible things, but then are these tragedies not what makes us what we are? In the end one comes to the conclusion that in a certain very peculiar way things are as they should be.

Nevertheless, there still remains that distant: "What if..."

There is an additional angle to this. Mikado, I don't know what are your interests, but if you are by any chance intersted in philosophy wouldn't you like to hop into the old hotbird and take a "flight" to ancient Greece and discuss a couple of things with Socrates or perhaps copy that lost treatise on comedy by Aristoteles? If philosophy is not your thing and you are more technical in nature, why not go and visit Nikola Tesla and talk with him about that magnifying transmitter?

If you are devout Christian, wouldn't you like to gaze in the face of Jesus?
If you are a pious Hindu wouldn't you be drawn to the battle of Kurukshetra and hear Krishna hold the sermon of Gita to Arjuna?
Last edited by AM on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Andrew,

A wonderful lady I hope to meet soon once told me in an Email that I was wise. She seems to think this but I am sure when I meet her she will see exactly how uncouth I really am, how much of a fantasizer, how much of a realist and how stupid I really am.

Well, to answer your question, what do you think? Do you think that there are alternate universes that are created where in one universe you turned right but in another your turned left? Do you think that these would be timelines? Is a timeline a different universe?

As I started this post, I don't really have an answer but I will keep loading the wagon and when it is loaded, I'll check on the mule...<g>

Mikado
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

bigger boat

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

With the theme of JAWS ringing in my ears ..... and this enormous amount of new material to look at suddenly... Paul ... we are going to need a bigger boat! Or more categories .... help.

Back to you Andrew M .... I do that so that we do not confuse you with our other Andrew ( Bolland). Hope thats alright ... or perhaps the other derivative of Andrew?

So is this the gentleman you mentioned?

James F. Corum, Ph.D., is a senior member of the IEEE and is listed in Who's Who in Engineering, Leading Consultants in High Technology, American Men and Women of Science, and more than a dozen other professional and biographical dictionaries in the US and Europe. Formerly a Senior Scientist at Battelle (Columbus, OH), he is now Chief Scientist at the Institute for Software Research, Inc. Other positions include time spent as Chief Scientist at Science Applications Research Associates (Huntington Beach, CA), and 17 years as a tenured college professor. Dr. Corum is a member of the American Geophysical Union, American Association of Physics Teachers, American Association for the Advancement of Science, Sigma Xi, and a Life Member of the Quarter Century Wireless Association. He is also a former Chairman of the West Virginia Subsection of the IEEE, a former Secretary of the DARPA National Panel of Radar Experts on Ultra-Wideband Radar, and was cited by the U.S. Office of The Secretary of Defense as "A National Treasure." Additionally, Dr. Corum has a broad range of professional experience in Relativistic Electrodynamics, General Relativity, Applied Electromagnetics, Antennas, High-Voltage RF Engineering, and Radio Wave Propagation from 7 Hz. (Schumann Resonances) through 18 GHz. (Radio Astronomy). He is the inventor of Contrawound Toroidal Helix Antenna technology and was an invited guest of the USSR Academy of Sciences in Moscow. His RF research has been recognized by prestigious scientific organizations and professional societies around the world, and his many achievements include numerous awards and the publication of 100 technical papers, 7 books, and 5 patents.

Interesting that he was associated with Battelle. Andrew Bolland? You reading this?

And this of course made my ears wiggle.

"He is the inventor of Contrawound Toroidal Helix Antenna technology and was an invited guest of the USSR Academy of Sciences in Moscow" I haven't the foggiest notion of what " contrawound toroidal helix antenna technology but it makes my fingers itch too.

To show how ignorant I am of this man and his work .... I am assuming that he is still with us? Does anyone else out there have something to add? Anreija ..... have you had communication yourself with this man that you might be able to share with us? I know that you have been retiring before but the sense of urgency is still with us for many reasons... some of which you may have already mentioned . Lets not waste a minute that should not be spent. Thanking you ahead of time. Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

AM wrote:
There is an additional angle to this. Mikado, I don't know what are your interests, but if you are by any chance intersted in philosophy wouldn't you like to hop into the old hotbird and take a "flight" to ancient Greece and discuss a couple of things with Socrates or perhaps copy that lost treatise on comedy by Aristoteles?

YES
AM

Post by AM »

Please do keep on loading the wagon. Good discussion is always welcome.

As for the questions I posed, they were perhaps more of a rhetorical nature, because I simply do not know the answers. I can only believe in certain things or have my convictions.

I should not venture too much in the field of speculation, but there is one thing that I am sure of in my faith. Time travel - both into future as well as into past - IS possible. It can be done.

A.
Last edited by AM on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AM

Post by AM »

Hi Elizabeth!

I would prefer Andrew - it's much easier to pronounce and much less complicated. All the different versions that we know in Western languages such as the English Andrew or Andy, the German Andreas, the French Andre, etc. stem from the ancient Greek adjective (m.) andreios.

Yes, you are spot on as far as Dr. Corum is concerned. I haven't been in contact with the gentleman, but would like to very much. Have been trying to dig out any contact information a few months ago, but without success.

And yes - coils! Coils are very interesting. You have the Tesla-coil, the Wilber Smith-coil, etc. Think of the the ancient Greek symbol - the Caduceus.

I hope our cryptic Mr. Twigsnapper will join in and offer some thoughts - even if just oracular. I hope everyone will forgive me the occassional outbursts of bizarre humour, but I would like to know how the word "twigsnapper" is translated into Spanish.

A.

P. S. Speaking of the unusual - please take a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeCpm6icyQo

Can you imagine such a splendid creature making a hop through time?
Last edited by AM on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Some thoughts and ramblings

Post by Mikado14 »

AM wrote:Despite the fact that I am a university student of Chinese and Sanskrit (in the context of Comparative Indo-European Linguistics) and therefore not very much versed in the technical area, I have felt a deep affinity with Dr. Brown.
Andrew...how about just AM? My youngest daughters nickname.

Studying Sanskrit you say? Not too technical you say?

hmmmmm

uhhhhhhh

Am I supposed to believe that? Especially with the initial posting of the names you talked about?

I would bet that you are looking into the varda.

"If the ancient Indians could do it, why not I?"

Just another dumb Mikado thought.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

simple answers sometimes

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Sometimes its easier to just pick out the questions that fit the answers you already have?

Me? I would like to have been able to sit with the crowd before the Sermon on the Mount and I would like to know if I could have picked Jesus out of the crowd before he spoke. And I would like to be able to look in the mans face and perhaps even thank him for what he was going to have to endure. I also believe that individual knew what his fate was ahead of time.

Its more a personal journey for me because I would not consider myself a modern Christian. still, I would like to pick some flowers at that spot ... knowing later that their seeds would still be good in my own backyard.

Elizabeth
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Mikado,

Imagination gives us the hope and strength to look towards a better future, and wisdom shows us the path to follow that the realist knows will lead us there.

Or something like that, I remember...

AM,

Cantonese or Mandarin ? My family is half Chinese.
Last edited by Chris Knight on Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
AM

Post by AM »

Mikado, I'll have to admit that my Chinese is much better than my Sanskrit.

After I finish my current work I would like to improve my Sanskrit with some experts that I know or even go to India. They are still wonderful pandits in Benares.

The problem with Sanskrit is that it's grammar is highly complex - even more than that of Greek and Latin.

Further you have to be aware that there is a considerable difference between Vedic and Classical Sanskrit. In Vedic Sanskrit you have many grammatical structures which are virtually non-existent or appear only seldomly in the Classical stage. Vedic Sanskrit and especially Vedic texts are very difficult to intepret properly. Just to give you an example - long time ago I talked with a gentleman who had the privilege to enjoy the traditional Indian education in learning Sanskrit. He was so good at it that he could speak Sanskrit! Yes, it's true - despite the fact that Sanskrit is not spoken in India anymore as a living language - perhaps just in some special cases. And when I asked him about the Vedas he said that it can be such a headache to interpret them.

Finally it has to be noted that Sanskrit texts differ. If you just read philosophical texts such as the Upanishads and do nothing else and then somebody suddenly gives you a grammatical text such as the Panini Ashtadhyayi or the medical classic Caraka Samhita, then you might be in serious trouble. YOu must have a very wide spectrum of texts covered in order to safely navigate in these areas.

A.
Last edited by AM on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AM

Post by AM »

Hi Chris,

I speak just Mandarin or 普通话 as it is called in the PRC. But I'd really like to learn to speak Cantonese also. I like the sound of it. But the pronounciation is mor complicated - at least as far as the tones are concerned.

A.
Last edited by AM on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

That's what we speak. Well, I personally speak about five words and phrases.

Unfortunately, one of them is not "where is the restroom, please," so hopefully I'll always have someone by my side to translate :)
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

not to worry

Post by twigsnapper »

Not to worry Andrew B. You have many things going for you.

AM here could translate for you ... or your Linda or perhaps even your research assistant. You are far better prepared than I would be for the eventualities of the new age.

Me, I would be reduced to grabbing my crotch and hopping on one leg. An embarrassing, but effective ,communications skill.

AM ... if you don't mind .... what was it that inspired you begin your study of Sanskrit? Not the most common of interests I should think.

And anybody notice that everytime Paul prepares or leaves on a vacation ... the forum explodes with new things to discuss. Has to have something to do with having the Perfesser away, I think. Looking forward to it. He needs the break from all of this but I am looking forward to it.

Welcome AM and everyone else out there who has suddenly developed " itchy fingers" to address the subjects popping to the surface. And now that we have Linda Brown listed as a forum member, no telling what can happen now. twigsnapper