Chapter 79: Time to Get A Life

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Trickfox
The Magician

let's get this straight

Post by Trickfox »

The captain decides where the ship is going. the navigator is just there to help him (or her) to navigate through difficult areas.

Trickfox
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

trickfox,
I would lay my coat in the mud, as any loyal Englishman would do.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

If memory serves me, I believe most Englishmen that lay their coat down in the mud eventually get beheaded in the Tower.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

a dangerous world

Post by twigsnapper »

Ah, its a dangerous world for Gentlemen, Ladies, Queens and Pirates.
twigsnapper
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mikado 14
Whatever will be , will be,
so apt, even a period record player, I could have chosen another link, but, thats not my choice, loyal I will always remain, setting a course, a gravitic course, not a magnetic one, davey jones locker awaits all who do that.

Que sera sera,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6WDdZ6xaPg
kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

You win, I'm done.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

then I suggest

Post by twigsnapper »

When involved in these kinds of doings Martin Decker once laughed and was quoted as saying that his were " titanium". Something to remember I suppose!

and on " setting a course"

Dr. Brown wrote a poem in 1938 I believe when he was on board the " Nashville". I don't have it in front of me but his last few lines were about " setting a course" ..... and so I do think we have come around again. A spinning compass that will eventually settle. twigsnapper
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Mikado14 wrote:
kevin.b wrote:
The only balls that I am currently concerned with are the ones that belong to me....and I have been told that they can be very large at times and made of brass.

Mikado
And I hear tell that when you clang them together, they play "Stormy Weather" and lightning shoots out of your a**. I know just about every college drinking song limerick ever sung. Funny how some things get stuck in yoiur memory.

As for serious three way discussions, they usually only lead to further confusion and not resolution. Mystics and Geeks must learn to get along and coexist or we're all dogmeat.

Mi dos centavos.

flow.... :roll:
Dancing is better than marching
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mikado 14,
You,re no quitter .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpv3HM_M_hs
Mr Twiggsnapper sir,
Whatever course , always,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiL8lTRDu90
For the poet.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Flowperson,
Stormy weather,
don't fret, were only tapdancing,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBb9hTyLjfM
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

kevin.b wrote:Mikado 14,
You,re no quitter .

The smart Mikado knows what battles to fight and what battles are fruitless.

Mikado
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

A very poignant couple of chapters. Loss and change, and apparent confiscation of a life's work.

I wonder why the industrialists included in the Caroline Group didnt attempt a marketing of the technology. Why it was that there was all the frustration of Deckers when RCA might have done it far more easily.

Unless it was never intended to produce a mass market application.

The more that unfolds the more questions there seem be be.

Was this ending of the Project the actual start point Brown had worked for for so long?
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

handing off material

Post by Victoria Steele »

Langley,

I really don't think anybody confiscated anything from Dr. Brown. It feels more like he " handed it over" But if thats the case I wonder shat he got in exchange.

Going back to that mystery sub showing up in Avalon Harbor and I wonder if that sort of coordination was part of it. What does it take to have the Navy put a sub at your disposal?

And who would have been in charge of whatever program? I hear now that its the NRO thats tasking that missile firing at the spy saellite which they mean to explode before it scatters its poisonous powerpack all over somewhere dear to us. So I wonder what other kind of " tasking" the NRO is cabable of doing?

Just a passing thought here. Seems to me that Dr. Brown just hands off his "public view" at Rand and I'll bet goes REALLY into the black. And I'll bet Morgan is right beside him.

Morgan makes his choice. And I am sure that Dr, Brown kept him busy. Then at the end of his life Dr. Brown meerts with Morgan again? So are we ever going to hear more from his side of things Paul. You know that I like the guy. I want to know what happens in his life after he closed that car door. Victoria
Griffin
Senior Officer

A pealing

Post by Griffin »

Titanium no less...

Seems that TT Brown and Company gave them quite a clanging with the Great Peacock Raid. Must have been quite a pealing, though I'm sure they weren't mistaken for church bells.

Griffin
Last edited by Griffin on Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: handing off material

Post by Langley »

Victoria Steele wrote:Langley,

I really don't think anybody confiscated anything from Dr. Brown. It feels more like he " handed it over" But if thats the case I wonder what he got in exchange.
...... Victoria
Hi Victoria, I hope you're right. I hope it wasnt just taken and that he wasnt shut. I agree with what Gewis wrote. Seems to me that Brown's standard of living went down not up after the RAND meeting. But I dont know. Im just jumping ahead to Catalina Island.

The negative ion generator has been on the market for years. How is it Townsend Brown and his family missed out? Ill have to wait for more chapters I gues..