Chapter 79: Time to Get A Life

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

handing off, again

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Langley,

I agree with Victoria. I believe too that it was more a case of " handing off"

I am not able to pull it up for some reason but Paul has already written a chapter that mentions the actual paternity of the product called the Ionic Breeze. ( Who hasn't heard of it?) Not a penny for that development ever went to the Brown family, yet the original patents were issued to Dr. Brown and its the same thing basically that was shown to RAND ... in principle anyway.

And if you read that particular chapter you will see that it was INTENTIONALLY handed off to this developer ( Jim Lee) who then approached Sharper Image. Read that Chapter carefully folks and you will see a side to Townsend Brown that some have been missing. ( Its easy to miss Langley and I keep seeing you do it .... but this is a different fox you are tracking here and you can not go by all the old rules of the chase. .... in reading that chapter look for the word " Consortium")

I rather see Dr. Brown as a " technological Johnny Appleseed" .... and the air purifier was only ONE situation.

Why give up the fame and fortune that might have accompanied that development? BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT IT. There were many reasons for that attitude but you have to see that first before you can understand his story more fully.

And reading about the poor living conditions on Catalina. Its true. The little quonset hut ( pictured by Paul in less happy days) could have been called terribly substandard anywhere else in California. But on Catalina, where housing ranks at the top of the survival list, a CLOSET can be considered another bedroom, even a strange little leftover from a World War Two facility had its benefits! It had three large bedrooms, a wonderful garden and private sunning area I understand Dr. Brown enjoyed immensely. That strange little home was so close to the beach that Linda has said she could listen to the seals barking at night. Why was Dr. Brown living there? Was he disadvantaged? Ah ... you are right ... only Pauls story will tell.

Other writers have simply ended it " Townsend Brown died in obscurity in 1985" but as you will see, there were other levels to that observation. Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Perhaps materialism is being equated with happiness and/or success when in reality it is subjective.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Morgans thumpstick

And I would hazard a quess that the carved story on Morgans thumpstick might just speak to that. Once translated, of course. Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Yup...as you all know this issue has been gnawing on me since the begininning of my involvement. It simply doesn't make any sense from the standpoint of individual rights to relinquish all control over one's life and fortune to another unless threats, explicit or implicit, have been involved. OTOH, our Muslim friends have a name for this process, "Abt Allah" which means "slave to G-d."

We have seen little if any reference to TTB's spiritual mindset at all throughout all this, except to his veiled references in the Montressor chapters. Maybe that was enough for him. Maybe he was convinced early on that his discoveries and their development were really part of the long term work of G-d. Except for a limited amount of assets his family was essentially stripped of its inherited wealth by the depression years.

As a culture, we have been consistently taught that "sufficiency" was the preferred state for those doing "G-d's work" . I don't see TTB thinking and acting this way much, but there was sufficiency through the auspices of the Nassau Group. If his discoveries were the basis for a planned global system of time and space manipulation, then TTB may have convinced himself and Josephine that this was the best course to follow..

Linda was taken along on the ride. I'm still curious regarding their son's attitudes since so little has been said about him or his life.

flow....:roll:
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

sufficiency?

As in .... having just what you need at any one time, and no more?

Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Yes Elizabeth. One might call it being placed in a restrictive box within the field of freedom. And then those who placed you in that box control your life by convincing you that you need their protection and support.

As long as resources sufficient to provide support in the now are furnished, then the future and its possibilities for any individual and those dependent upon him/her are effectively cut off from those who are boxed in. This is similar to the patronage system developed in the middle ages by Royalty and the Church to control the lives of creative people. Lack of control over one's future is taken away and a depressive situation sets in on the efforts of the creative soul, slowly killing it's purpose for being here.

It operates differently and more subtly these days, but from what I have experienced, definitely still exists today.

See, my personal definition of G-d came to me a long time ago. G-d is subtle and loving. Anti G-d is subtle and malicious.

flow.... 8)
Dancing is better than marching
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Come on folks,
This is about a F****** time machine.
When are we going to talk about it, in a thousand years time?
There is no where to look for evidence or backup, its about flying by the seat of your pants.
I have gained a huge appreciation of all of you upon here, you are here because you are here now.
Where you have been before, in time, I don't know, if you could see the future , now and the past, would you really desire material rubbish now?

There is a bigger game at foot, if you want to play, if you are afraid, OK.

I want to thank now, those that made sure now exists ( must learn to spell ), I never expected to live to my present age, long story, so I am afraid of nothing, especially death, in fact , quite the opposite, if you look back as much as I have, they celebrated a persons death, and gave birth a thumbs down.

The prospect of Dr Brown still been around, will be difficult for his relatives to discuss, but thats what a F****** time machine can involve, not in the physical manification of what he was in a certain TIME, but altered into another TIME.
I reckon Dr Brown came from a future time, and only the best of the best will be able to achieve that, or desire to, knowing what they do.

Is anyone ready yet, or are you still stuck in this TIME frame?
Its always six,Oclock, a safe haven in TIME, where nothing changes, and around a table, things can be sorted out.
I realise who some of the charectors are, and I may be threatened with OFF with his head now and again, but thats not possible, in a fixed point of TIME.
If I drop dead now, didn't obviously , or I couldn't carry on with this, I don't really mind, I know all my friends will meet me on the ledge, the ledge of KNOW LEDGE.
Alive or dead, or net yet either of those here at sixOclock, lets party, and talk.
get the teapot out.

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

Relax Kevin

Post by Trickfox »

My dear hobbit navigator!!!
Be assured that everything is moving along just right. Mr. T. will tell you that everything is honky-dorry.
The FTM is far from being a finished material accomplishment ON THIS SIDE OF THE LOOKING GLASS.
I cannot, nor will I declare that I AM "** *****" (you fill in the blank).
I can only follow my nose....just as you are doing....
As for the fan, and all kind of other projects Dr. Brown accomplished.
-Been there...Done that!!!
Here is the FAN I built back in the early 90s:
We used them to cool cookies with in a large cookie bakery.
We put on a demonstration to a scientist at the University of Colorado, and we got exactly the same reaction as Dr. Teller did when Dr. Brown did the demonstration himself.

Bottom line is this:

We are way ahead on several new applications, and rest assured that you will hear more about it if you just follow along on the Qualight webpage.
Andrew has made it possible for the public to follow along the historical data behind this research. This will continue if you pay attention to the Qualight website.

In the Near Future other technical pages will be added on Andrew's website for those people who WANT to keep up with us technologically.
For now.... It is important to follow the story that Paul is putting together in this website.

Actually there are more important technology issues still left to develop.
Here is a project priority list written back when Dr. Brown was still alive and living on Catalina.

The work has NOT been lost. The documentation is in a safe place, and the trickfox will continue the work with the guidance and good suggestion that you... my dear Kevin, -will be offering me in the near future.
Thank you for your continued participation.

Now just watch me do it......
Trickfox
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Trickfox,
Phew, went out on a limb with my last post?
Formidable, mon Amie, Tres Formidable.
T res B ien, Tres Tres Bien.
Good job I have little training in what to observe, or I may not be able to recognise what is actually there?
Sort of , not seeing the wood , for the trees?
We need to observe the trees , out on a limb, as they KNOW.
0,1,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144=12x12
What goes around, comes back around again, it all comes round again.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Nobody ever worked out why the peacock was rescued.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Clf9mi-szZg
Watch for the apple falling.
Think about the apple.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Ambience

Post by greggvizza »

Paul,

What records did George and Lee play on Linda's console stereo? Shouldn't that infromation be included in this chapter, to recreate the room ambience for us?

GV
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

A special "NOW" gift for everyone.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zly4HaCTvUc
It's that time of year,
Leave all our hopelessnesses aside (if just for a little while)
Tears stop right here,
I know we've all had a bumpy ride (I’m secretly on your side)

How did you know?
It's what I always wanted,
You can never have too many of these
Will ya quit kicking me under the table?
I'm trying, will somebody make her shut up about it?
Can we settle down please?

It's that time of year,
Tears stop right here,

Bite your tongue
Deep breaths
Count to ten
Nod your head
(sniff sniff)

I think something is burning,
Now you've ruined the whole thing
Muffle the smoke alarm
Whoever put on this music
Had better quick, sharp, remove it
Pour me another
Oh, don't wag your finger at me

It's that time of year,
Tears stop right here,

Will ya get me outta her, Get me outta here, Get me outta here (repeats til end)
Just for now
Just for now (repeats)
This one is for you Kevin
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XKeSsh61XdY
enjoy
Trickfox
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Relax Kevin

Post by Mikado14 »

Trickfox wrote: We are way ahead on several new applications, and rest assured that you will hear more about it if you just follow along on the Qualight webpage.
Andrew has made it possible for the public to follow along the historical data behind this research. This will continue if you pay attention to the Qualight website.

In the Near Future other technical pages will be added on Andrew's website for those people who WANT to keep up with us technologically.
For now.... It is important to follow the story that Paul is putting together in this website.

Actually there are more important technology issues still left to develop.
Here is a project priority list written back when Dr. Brown was still alive and living on Catalina.

The work has NOT been lost. The documentation is in a safe place, and the trickfox will continue the work with the guidance and good suggestion that you... my dear Kevin, -will be offering me in the near future.
Thank you for your continued participation.

Now just watch me do it......

Trickfox
So what your saying there Mr. Trickfox is that we can depend on Andrew and Qualight as well as Kevin to usher in the new technology?

Sounds interesting.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

I feel that I must throw the tallow into the fire. There has been much talk that either Dr. Brown and/or Morgan have been .....messing... for lack of a better word, with time.

Do all of you believe this? Do you really believe a ship is finished or is it awaiting a sign? How about the posibility that what has been entrusted to Morgan et al is the key to build, as Trickfox would say, the crusty doorway?

Or maybe it is just awaiting the right finger to turn the key?

Or if it is really built, what corporeal individual has the wisdom to handle it wisely?

Just a little musing on a Saturday night.

And as they say, nothing good ever lasts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FikZwgj89HI

Mikado
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

The future depends upon you as well Mikado...

In fact this forum is simply a place where those of us who want to explore the future can toss around ideas and perhaps gather a few interested people together to see what can come of it.

Andrew's Website is where the official technology is located whereas this website is the human nature and philosophical point of view of our common interests.

can we count on you for your skills and talents there Mikado?

Trickfox