Chapter 79: Time to Get A Life

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: surprize

Post by Mikado14 »

Trickfox wrote:
Common Langley, Mikado, anyone.....
We need more rules

Trickfox
I decided to give you several rules and the first will be humorous:

Remember to turn the stove off!.....oh yeah, and the coffee pot too!

and turn the heat down....

leave a light on in the window...

I believe I have to rethink this.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

'" RULES ? RULES ? WE DON' NEED NO STEENKING RULES !!"

Emilio Zapata
Dancing is better than marching
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Post by Gewis »

Flowperson, could you stake a fellow American to a meal?

Oh, and don't rip your fuel line while running from the natives, or leave your FTM in a bear's cave.

Make sure you install start and stop buttons in the first place.
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Seriously now....and don't call me Shirley...and now for something completely different....

How does one come up with a set of rules? Would a prime directive be to avoid all paradoxes at any cost? and what would be considered a paradox? One persons time stream would be anothers alternate reality.

I would believe that if the ability to master time comes about then there would be a way of monitoring the traveller by having a control that is outside of time as if one where on a mountain top looking down upon all the different possibilities.

Or it could be as simple as what Geoff said "Look but don't touch" or an idea could be borrowed from those that backpack, " What ever you take in, you take out with you and leave nothing behind." Must not be too good of a rule, just look at the crescent wrench Mr. Flow mentioned.

Hmmmm, need more time or at the very least another eclipse...What say Elizabeth?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Yeah, lots of fun with this topic. There are two types of complex systems as far as we know, linear and non-linear. Overall, linear systems are nature and all that we create to mimic its behaviors and characteristics. there are non-linear systems imbedded in the whole, but the overall nature of nature is analog.

Non-linear systems could be thought of as anti-nature or anti-analog in that they are systems of intervention, symmetry breaking, or initiating change. But that would be too simple of a description. You could consider storms to be non-linear in comparison with pleasant and sunny weather. But no, when considered together with nicer weather, linear (high pressure) systems in conjunction with non-linear (low pressure) systems are functioning components of larger interconnected systems which make up the wholeness of the world's weather patterns.

Something like a FTM, must be digitally controlled, inherently non-linear and outside of the local space time fabric, and that screws up the natural order in systems to a state where things linear and non-linear may not be reconcilable, thus eventually bringing about chaotic episodes in the natural order. *Kris Kristofferson would call it a 'timequake'*

That may explain the explosion of linear to non-linear (analog to digital), and vice-versa, microchip manufacturing and sales the past twenty years or so.

I also once had a dream of a little old man sitting at a control console in a small building on top of a Swiss mountain trying to control this sort of stuff. He didn't seem to be very "happy in his work".

flow....8)
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Ok Mr. Flow, now your getting serious on me.

As you say, the nature of nature is analog, totally agree with that. However, could you not describe non-linear as a possible logarithm in some instances? Thus, could there be sub categories in both the linear and non-linear systems?

hmmmmm...

Mikado
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: surprize

Post by Langley »

Trickfox wrote:Geee.....Andrew....
How do you know that a time machine necessarilly uses "Plutonium'.
Dr. Brown was using old banana peals and biological waste to power the last version of the "Delorean time travel vehicle" in the last "back to the future" film.....so I guess you had better think that rule over again buddy!!

Besides haven't you ever heard of ZERO POINT.

OK.... Let's use Andrews rule with the word "FUEL" instead of plutonium.

How about this one: One can't possibly go back and change anything that hasen't happened yet

Common Langley, Mikado, anyone.....
We need more rules

Trickfox

It is permissible to buy a Blu Ray player in the future when they are cheap and return* it to the store for refund in the present.**

The Laws of exclusivity and Sony Karma prevents this from occurring with Toshiba HD players.

The hire of time machines to Futures Traders shall be limited to a suitable fee based and a 10% cut in profits. This is aimed at mimimising Chaos in world financial markets. ***

Future Erosion is the process of disorder introduced by Past Timers who profit take in the future's Futures Markets. As more and more profit is retired into the past, at a future point in the Future no profit will be attainable and economic activity will cease. This is called the "Dead Zone", populated entirely by social workers and Edward De Bono. All others have escaped to the past to enjoy the profits.

* Turn ?
**Outcomes may vary according to the credulity of the shop assistant consulted.
I have another headache.
*** Now theres a way to make a buck.
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Mikado14 wrote:Ok Mr. Flow, now your getting serious on me.

As you say, the nature of nature is analog, totally agree with that. However, could you not describe non-linear as a possible logarithm in some instances? Thus, could there be sub categories in both the linear and non-linear systems?

hmmmmm...

Mikado
Oh, I quite agree. All natural systems are analog and are admixtures of interactive linear and non-linear constructions. The whole system still behaves as though it is entirely linear/analog over the long haul. But a FTM represents something entirely "outside" of natural systems.

This would not be such a significant problem if the FTM were only utilized within single timelines. But what would be the fun in that? No some sort of mimicking or cloaking features would be needed for FTM's which operate across specific timelines and would be required to change "appearances" to function in a viable manner wherever it might go.

flow.... 8)
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

If the FTM was in the submarine,
and nobody except those operating it realised a change, then it doesn't need to be a big thing at all, but must be capable of affecting an area around itself, so whatever you placed it in ,it would not be too apparent, as was the same with the radio.
The power requirement may be minimal also, as it must be self sufficient utilising what is available everywhere.
If they deployed it aboard the sub, only the radio operator would know the time had altered dependant upon what signals he recieved, or if no signals available, where the planets etc were.
kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

If you are looking through time, and desirering to find evidence of a time machine, look for similer artifacts etc in vast spans of time,
http://www.earthfiles.com/news.php?ID=1 ... nvironment[/img]

kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

signs in the sky

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Kevin,

Thank you very much for that link. Fascinating.

And Griffin? I noticed that Adamski is mentioned here. Any comment from your side here?

I believe with you all that there may indeed be many instances of " time drifting" happening ... One thing showing up out of context to its own time.
I personally think that this kind of thing has been happening throughout our history but we are just now perhaps beginning to draw the lines between the dots. Before this time we may have seen things but became so uncomfortable thinking about the possibilities and the ramifications that we just actually hid our heads in the sand. I guess that its time to grow up and pull our heads out?

Historical accounts are filled with these wonderful accounts. And some books will be too , in the future... perhaps especially a book about a kind and gentle scientist ..... and the people who kept him safe. Elizabeth
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

rules?

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

The first rule that comes to my mind is

" Please remain seated and keep your arms and legs INSIDE the vehicle"

Oh yes .... and you have to be a certain height and age to ride?

And ... yes. sit by the emergency door.

And don't worry. If you end up getting dropped off in an ancient human civilization they will either treat you and your whole family as gods, or they will eat you or stone you.
Problems solved pretty much!

And if you see a young woman running toward a mountain ... being chased by desert tribesmen that mean to kill her .... pleading as she runs toward the looming rock.... "Save me Oh Great One!"

When it opens up and takes her inside ..... she really must remember to grab her scarf. It becomes a puzzlement hundreds of years later, encased in rock like that. Elizabeth
James Barrett

well read

Post by James Barrett »

Elizabeth,

You are an exceptionally well read woman. I salute you.

"The mountain shrines consist essentially of sacred rocks in high and lonely places. According to folklore, after the defeat of Yazdagird III, the last monarch of Sasanian Iran, at the hands of the Arab invaders, his family not only had to flee from the palace but were separated and had to roam about in the wilderness. The invaders were in hot pursuit of Yazdagird's wife and daughters. It is believed that when everything seemed lost, the princesses prayed to Ahura Mazda for help, whereupon the mountains opened up and took them in. For some, these stories may seem far-fetched and difficult to believe. But for Zoroastrians in Iran, the Pirs and the stories wound around them are an article of faith. If you ask them if they really believe in these stories, they shoot back: "Do you believe in Ahura Mazda ? Do you believe He is Good, All-Knowing and Powerful? Do you believe that He created this entire universe which also include these mountains? If you do, then what makes you think He cannot do something as simple as opening up a mountain to protect a sincere devotee and save her from the clutches of evil-doers?" This simple but logical argument leaves you speechless.

James
Griffin
Senior Officer

glyphs

Post by Griffin »

Note: This reply to Elizabeth's question necessitates some length and is unavoidably of a rather strange and esoteric nature. It may contain material that some may find redundant in some way or too far outside their comfortable frame of reference. Simply bypass it and you won’t be bothered. De gustibus non est disputandum.

Elizabeth-

I do deal in my book with the glyphs which Adamski claimed he received from Visitants as well as the amazingly similar rock glyphs discovered by Professor Homet in Brazil. I also relate them to the Hermetic tradition, and the experience of one of Adamski’s early colleagues who told me that a series of violet colored gylphs suddenly appeared before him in "thin air" when he was visiting Palomar Gardens. I also had my own experience of visualizing similar electric blue glyphs following a campout at the former site of Palomar Gardens in the same time frame as my meeting with Townsend Brown. While I was visualizing these glyphs I felt I understood their import, although I could not explain it in an ordinary state of consciousness. Neither Adamski, nor anyone else I’m aware of, has ever conclusively deciphered those glyphs. This, like various other matters, may have to wait until some future time. It's also interesting that unknown glyph-like markings were reported on the alleged wreckage of a downed flying disc at Roswell, New Mexico in 1947.

The glyph connection with UFOs is an interesting one that does seem to have some relation to a conditioning process, although one that appears to be functioning at a subliminal level of consciousness. How this all may fit in with these glyphs currently observed along with UFOs I don't know, nor how the unexplained and apparently genuinely anomalous crop circles fit. But it all clearly seems connected with communication of some sort -- subliminal or otherwise. Communication, as we know, has been a major presence in Townsend Brown's research and in the activities of Admiral "Blinker" Hall, Sir William Stephenson and the Caroline Group. So there may even be some resonance involved.

Certain sacred symbols and glyphs are reputed to have a powerful effect, simply through their visual presence.

As ever,

Griffin
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

outside their comfortable frame

Post by Victoria Steele »

Thats what we are talking about here folks, isn't it? Like Griffin said some of his response might be out of our " comfortable frame of reference" but thats what this book of Pauls has been all about I think.

I have watched Paul struggle with presenting a story that is REALLY beyond most comfortable frames.

This Townsend Brown doesn't respond the way all of us are expecting him to. He develops systems or devices that even those around him can barely believe, even when it operates in front of them.Proven things, not wild eyed rumors.

My hunch is that Dr. Brown knew things that NO ONE would be able to understand or accept and so had to settle for demonstrating what he could.

Paul is nearly finished I guess and I don't know how it will end but I do know that he has been a careful researcher and if he comes to some conclusions in all of this that might make me uncomfortable ... well then I think I am at least going to pay attention. Maybe some of us will not be able to do that.

I mean .... Paul is talking about a FTM here folks. Now I take him to be serious with what he writes and I know there has been a certain reluctance for him to stand up there, like he did in Vegas, but he is SERIOUS.

Now its going to be up to us to take him seriously, or to decide that he can't possibly be correct in all of this? Like Elizabeth said are we going to keep our heads in the sand? or finally out? Will we respond out of fear?

And all I can think is that this IS, (just like Griffin said ... this is a sort of ramping up of conciousness.) And Pauls book will be just one of many things coming down our conciousness pike. Sure has been interesting to watch it all happening.

So, Thursday Paul? How many Thursdays have we got? I am going to miss this. Victoria