Chapter 79: Time to Get A Life

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Chain of Command

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote:
Trickfox wrote:
But what if the ship is a Pirate ship?
Point taken.

What WAS I thinking !?!?!

--PS
Well Paul, you were probably thinking of the chain of command of the Caroline group and if not that........marriage?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

looks like a Navy ship

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

What if a ship

Looks like a Navy ship
acts like a Navy ship
but in fact ..... has the ability to strike her colors to
those of a Pirate.

Who be in charge then? I expect the Captain. One above, one below.
Parlez? <g> Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Aye me bucko's....ow's yer buckaneers?

Pegleg
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Mikado14 wrote:Aye me bucko's....ow's yer buckaneers?

Pegleg
'

Aye me bucko's....ow's yer buckaneers

*large green parrott on peglegs shoulder, wears an eyepatch*

flow.... :P
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

the company of Pirates

I dunno.

I think the company of Pirates might be sort of interesting if you think about it. In which case Morgan is certainly well named Paul.

I can see by his picture in the Chapter 33 ... Townsend Brown on Mona Island was enjoying the role too. How far is that, I wonder, from where the Neckerberries grow? ..

He was being silly with a cigarette hanging from his mouth ... would have gagged on it if he had lit it but he was into Pirate idea in a wholehearted way. Of course maybe he grew out of that ........ and maybe he didn't <g>

Elizabeth
James Barrett

never grow out of being a Pirate

Post by James Barrett »

I happened across this and thought of your story Paul. Since we are talking of Pirates over forty.

Love in the library, quiet and cool
Love in the library, there are no rules
Surrounded by stories surreal and sublime
I fell in love in the library once upon a time

I was the pirate and she was the queen
Sir Francis and Elizabeth the best there's ever been
Then she strolled past my table and stopped at the stairs
Then sent me a smile as she reached for Flaubert

Chorus
She gathered her books, walked while she read
Words never spoken but so much was said
You can read all you want into this rendezvous
But it's safer than most things that lovers can do
Well stories have endings and fantasies fade
The guard by the door starts drawing the shade
So write your own ending and hope they come true
For the lovers and strangers on Bay Avenue

JDB
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

James Barrett,
Aloha.

"I just happened across this"
Perhaps we should enter Sir Francis drake into the melting pot, as I sensed, and as we are in Alices wabbit hole land, then Queen Elizabeth 1st and Drake are there?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8ec3AsIIwM
The youtube link is to the film Elizabeth, Elizabeth, not you, Elizabeth 1st
http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_f ... ncis.shtml
And of course his ship would be named the GOLDEN HIND , wouldn't it?
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~halevine ... n_hind.jpg
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

flowperson wrote:
Mikado14 wrote:Aye me bucko's....ow's yer buckaneers?

Pegleg
'

Aye me bucko's....ow's yer buckaneers

*large green parrott on peglegs shoulder, wears an eyepatch*

flow.... :P
"Aye me bucko's....ow's yer buckaneers"

Answer: "Days on me buckin' head!" :twisted:

Mikado
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: the company of Pirates

Post by Mikado14 »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I dunno.

I think the company of Pirates might be sort of interesting if you think about it. In which case Morgan is certainly well named Paul.

I can see by his picture in the Chapter 33 ... Townsend Brown on Mona Island was enjoying the role too. How far is that, I wonder, from where the Neckerberries grow? ..

He was being silly with a cigarette hanging from his mouth ... would have gagged on it if he had lit it but he was into Pirate idea in a wholehearted way. Of course maybe he grew out of that ........ and maybe he didn't <g>

Elizabeth
Hmmmmmm.....I have an idea!

Maybe Morgan was named for the Nassau connection and Captain Morgan's Rum...(you know, with the singer and stuff from down there)

Mikado
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

whats in a name?

Paul was the one who named Morgan Morgan ...... did I just make sense? Also the one who dubbed the " Caroline Group" ..... "

Morgan " I think (somewhere along the line) decided that he liked the name and could live with it or I am sure he would have said something.

Mr. Twigsnapper handed Paul that name ... after being called simply " Boston" for quite a long while and ORiley in some chapters of the book and as the person who greeted Dr. Brown on the ground in wartime Germany. He claims to have had several different names which I am sure matched each of several lives!

From my notes from my correspondence with Mr. Twigsnapper I understand that during some phase of their operations together A.L ( Beau) Kitselman was code named " Sandcastle"

Anyone have any idea what Townsend Browns code name or operating name might have been? Now that would be interesting I'd think.

Interesting kevin to learn that the " Pelican" was renamed the " Golden Hind"... never knew that.

And then of course there is the name Tula ... which must have a story all of its own! Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mikado 14,
Paul likes blowing bubbles remember, only natural he would be drawn to clear blue waters.
A couple of captain Morgan commercials
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mAUl7JgS8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2q1bmK34EI
Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
The golden hind sailed under a red cross, same as the templars,
http://www.crystalinks.com/templars.html
Rightly they symbolised duality, all is one , but becomes two.
Imagine a little green hobbit, Le sorcier, following an invisable force, of duality, it will lead to a point, the little green hobbit does this, and reaches the point.
http://www.labyrinthonline.com/flash/chartres.swf
Count the outer cogs, remember uncle fibonacci, and straight lines bisect a circle, thus only count half the circle, what exits the circle completes the duality.
110 divided by 2 =55 or better put, devined by two.
Always four equal segments, but not as revealed due to equal divisions, or better put devines.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
You dealt the cards, Tula,
Fruitfull woman,
Jumping water,
Green eyes?
http://www.universalexports.net/00tula.shtml
click on the real 007, then the transexual bond, the redhead with the green eyes.

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

unfair sometimes

kevin,

Regarding that gorgeous red headed Tula ..... nature can be really take a twist sometimes but at least he/she has made the best of the situation.

And talking of twists. Have you ever considered that the "carved stones" that you have such an interest in may not have been " carved" but " formed" by individuals who had that sort of ability. JDB has mentioned someone in Hawaii who could change the shape of rocks . Maybe this is what is left over? And of course, since such a thing today is an impossibility, then the possibility of it will not be seen.

Some of you out there studying this sort of phenomenon might look closer at those Scottish " stones". Kevin, notice the three holes on the one example? Do they all have some sort of little holes like that? Elizabeth
James Barrett

carved stones?

Post by James Barrett »

I'm with you Elizabeth. Its really interesting ....... the stones I mean ....

Heres a better look at one of those " carved stones" and notice the three holes at the midsection. Was that to hold them steady I wonder or something else? I have seen holes like that in rocks before, under unusual circumstances, so I am putting my money on the "something else" idea.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Towr ... e.jpg#file

JDB