Chapter 79: Time to Get A Life

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 79: Time to Get A Life

Post by Paul S. »

At LONG last.... the story comes "full circle."

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... alife.html

(When it rains it pours, huh Victoria?)

--PS
Last edited by Paul S. on Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Raining whales

Post by Victoria Steele »

One of our fellow rabbit hole companions used the phrase " Raining Whales" and I am sorry I don't remember who I need to credit with that but thats what I feel like right now! Its raining whales folks! This is GREAT.

Coffee mug in hand. Not going anywhere. This is GREAT. Thanks for the work Paul .... ahead of time!

I understand thats what Linda Brown says sometimes to the people she knows. She thanks them ahead of time for WHAT THEY WILL DO. Which is an odd thing to say .... really .... but not for her.... and I sort of like doing that. So THANKYOU FOR WRITING A GREAT COUPLE OF CHAPTERS AND FOR GIVING ME SO MUCH PLEASURE READING THEM! Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I went to find the mission impossible music on youtube, which is here,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJl8J1nvx8s
And the very next clip next to it was this,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii1tc493bZM

Thats the James bond music, for those that can't view youtube.
Dr brown seems to have known things before they occured?
Good job he bought Linda the record deck.

Lucky George.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

james bond

Post by Trickfox »

Whatever you do NEVER push a Red button anywhere near me ok......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLaru7jXzoc
:lol:
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

next lover

Post by Victoria Steele »

How wonderful is all of this. I KNEW that the relationship between Morgan and Linda was going to be torn apart in one respect ( but never in another) and of course I worried about Lindas reaction to all of that. I really shouldn't have. Notice that before she had her experience with Morgan, before she even knew where he was that summer she mention " her next lover" and nearly described him... saying that they would " know each other right away" and I have this feeling thats exactly what happened when George showed up in her life.

Talk about the right time, the right place , and after forty years .... it had to have been the right person. I'm not feeling sorry for Morgan. I wonder in the years after that decision ....( let her go.... don't let her go )....I wonder if he ever regrets not just slamming the door shut with her on his side of it. Paul are you ever going to be able to tell us more about his life or does it all fade off?

I don't blame Linda at all for moving on. Shes a smart and passionate cookie and life is too short. I would have given her the same advice her room mate was giving her when Tula said something like " move along Brown. Morgans long gone" ... or something like that. Sounds like something I would have thought and said.

And who says you can't love two equally fine men? You just have to decide which one you are going to live with. Elizabeth? I think thats advice you gave me once and it works well.

Absolutely the best yet Paul. I don't want it to end......... so ...... take your time...... I love every line ...... and I really have loved the romance between Linda and Morgan. Some of us have been lucky enough to have that kind of flame ..... and we recognize it when we see it.

One chair? No desk? No paperwork? ..... and what does he mean by " I can do that to others?" Are we touching on something barely mentioned? If I push on this door whats in the room beyond? I think I know now what Morgan actually " did". And thats worth a book by itself.

Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Victoria Steele,
Your a star, a bright big star, what a post.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Paul...excellent double header and it played out about the way I imagined it would. Have I said before here that there are no coincidences ? At least that's been my life's experience.

If I were a time and space "jumper", my first destination would be Morgan's apartment during the "summer of love" to hopefully gain entrance to his apartment and write down the ISBN numbers of all of those books he had stacked up in his den.

Anyone who goes to see "Jumpers" must file a mandatory report.

I read a review this a.m. that essentially said story good, acting bad. Quelle suprise !

flow.... 8)
Dancing is better than marching
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Flowperson,
A preview,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rz5NekSUTM
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

Bittersweet

Very good.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Jump Back

Post by Paul S. »

flowperson wrote:
Anyone who goes to see "Jumpers" must file a mandatory report.

I read a review this a.m. that essentially said story good, acting bad. Quelle suprise !
Whoever said the story was good was wrong about that, too.

Interesting premise, trite, conventional and hackneyed story, and the kind of wooden acting that I've come to expect of Hayden Christiansen since the "Star Wars" prequels. I thought George Lucas had just forgotten how to direct actors, but now I think maybe he just doesn't know how to choose them (Natalie Portman not withstanding."

The popcorn was good though. And the idea that maybe some people are just born with special qualities... but the movie fell far short making that any kind of provocative notion.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Radomir
Senior Cadet

the future

Post by Radomir »

Paul: seems like after you're done with the book you have a solid future as a film critic. I'm not kidding. And the popcorn really is (almost) always good.

So...Linda owes not just her dad and the circumstances for the presence and present of the record player, but a lot to Tula and her very creative thinking inviting those chaps over after Thanksgiving dinner. Is she still in touch with Tula? How did her life go? Here's hoping things went well for her, because she's presented as such a game spirit, heart in the right place and a true friend.

Has Morgan ever sent you a comment about one of your chapters after you wrote it? Either to clarify, correct or amplify any points, perhaps? I'd be curious to know to whom those papers were handed over--I read into it that it was to Odlum, but it could have been anyone. Worth asking him if he would please clarify. You surmise it is "ultimately" Northrop but we don't know if more than one company took a piece and all went off in different directions with their pieces. If you didn't want to hand the entire enchilada off to one concern, for lots of reasons, you might split it up between various owners and let them all pursue different aspects. Caroline group would still be the only ones who had the big picture.

Funny, right out of college I worked for AIAA. I could totally see a meeting-paper presenter bringing forth some aspect of a technology in a thin-slice view, such as listed here in this chapter, where you'd never know you only had the whisker of the 2,000 pound walrus.

R.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Teaser

Post by Paul S. »

Radomir wrote:Has Morgan ever sent you a comment about one of your chapters after you wrote it?.
I'll have more to say about Morgan's role in all this in chapter... lemme see... Chapter 81.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Thanks Paul..saves me a buck or two. I still think Dejavu was the best of the quantum magic genre so far. Minority Report...ok too.

Popcorn usually sticks in my throat. If it's good it just gets stuck all the quicker.

flow....

:wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

flowperson wrote:Popcorn usually sticks in my throat. If it's good it just gets stuck all the quicker.

flow....

:wink:
Mr. Flow,

Your supposed to breath in between handfuls.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

on the movie

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I dunno. I don't know anything about acting or directing so I am no judge of that quarter. I think the main character David had his moments but I found myself being annoyed with him for using his abilities at the first in such a self indulgent way. Nice to be able to jump here and jump there ..... but I didn't see him doing anything constructive and ... you can only have so many toys.At least the character Griffin had a purpose. And I thought the line " You just don't get it , do you?" was pretty appropriate.

I thought, besides "Jumping" into a bank to rob it .... how about " jumping" into an ancient museum to save artifacts before an approaching destructive mob? Surely there are more things to do besides collecting money and extra surfboards.... and this thing about " taking somebody with you" and then leaving them somewhere isolated. That puts a whole new face on " rendition teams" now, doesn't it?

And ... how many times can you end up in a library anyway?

And the thing that I find most interesting is that the movie never introduced the quality of actual TIME. He was jumping places ( Go anywhere) but how about Any Time? Too much to get into I am sure and the movie had a hard enough time keeping up with itself. The quality of "taking someone with you" was apparently something that had to be practiced.

And what was with the sister who met him at the door when he had his last meeting with his Mother. Was she ever mentioned before that and did I just miss it? Oh .... and a few minutes head start from his Mother? Thanks a heap.

And about the popcorn. Best to watch out for that stuff. It gets stuck in other places than just your teeth. Elizabeth
Last edited by Elizabeth Helen Drake on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.