Chapter 78: Burning Daylight

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 78: Burning Daylight

Post by Paul S. »

is online now:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... light.html

Once again, one chapter turned into two. Or three.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul s,
As ever , but sadly not forever , stunning.
I am now wanting you to slow down, selfishly not wanting the end of this book to happen.
Did Linda notice the content of any of the books?, its a long time ago , and the content may have been hardly relevant at that very moment.

Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul S,
As you like a link to music with each chapter, and as its Feb14th, may I be bold enough to suggest,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOMd5_zBNpM
Love is the drug.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Scant replies so far

Post by Radomir »

I take the scant replies so far to this chapter that folks are going on to the next one, then commenting.

It could also be that this chapter is such a gut-punch. Kind of hard to recover and come up with anything coherent to say. All of the previous about their relationship was building up to this, which made the chapter all the more emotionally powerful. This is on the level of that movie "What Dreams May Come" where the two people are lovers in one life, and then the next.

On being a lost soul. Those who have been there-- and most have -- probably paused and heaved a knowing and deeply sympathetic sigh as I did when I read that last line “I was a lost soul after that.”

Similar sympathetic feeling when she described that constant searching in every crowd for some sign of Morgan in the previous chapter. What an incredible (electric!) tension between these two, and then to sever that by mutual decision.... Ach.

OK, Paul if Morgan won't tell you who he gave those papers to, or what those books were he was studying, at least he can tell us what year & model Harley he was riding at the time? And what might he be riding these days?

One wonders what temperate beaches he had already been overnighting on before "civilizing" himself with the SF apartment. And on what shores he would eventually beach in the future.

R.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Scant replies so far

Post by Mikado14 »

Radomir wrote:OK, Paul if Morgan won't tell you who he gave those papers to, or what those books were he was studying, at least he can tell us what year & model Harley he was riding at the time? And what might he be riding these days?

R.
I would guess, an XLCH and probably he owns more than one now and one of them is a night rod.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

sportster?

Post by twigsnapper »

Mikado,
Would that have been called a " Sportster?"
Probably so and you are probably right. It was a 1967 because he had just bought it that summer, new.

If I can find it I'll send the forum a picture of Dr. Brown actually sitting on one of Morgans motorcycles. (that one, I believe) Helmet on! ready to take off! until Morgan told him he couldn't go! It was a moment to remember. I wouldn't know one from the other so I will take your word for it. And yes. Quite a stable eventually.

Me? You will know me because I am the fellow standing in front of a barn not a motorcycle shop. twigsnapper
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

There must be something primeval about the sound of these bikes?
Maybe it goes back in time, when we were all riding about on tamed wild animals.
They sort of snort and roar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEMnSO5CrRg
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: sportster?

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:Mikado,
Would that have been called a " Sportster?"
Yes Sir it would be. For those who do not know the models back then, if you can recall a TV show called "Then came Bronson", the bike was a Sportster.

Stop every 50 miles and tighten up the bolts.......<g>

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy