Chapter 77: Strike Another Match

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Langley
Senior Officer

Blackbird singing.....

Post by Langley »

http://www.rand.org/about/history/

"In addition to General Arnold, key players involved in the formation of Project RAND were:

* Edward Bowles of M.I.T., a consultant to the Secretary of War;
* General Lauris Norstad, then Assistant Chief of Air Staff, Plans;
* Major General Curtis LeMay;
* Donald Douglas, President of Douglas Aircraft Company;
* Arthur Raymond, Chief Engineer at Douglas;
* Franklin Collbohm, Raymond's assistant."

CIA and RAND
http://www.apa.org/ppo/spin/703.html
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

We surely have to have this link,
http://www.youtube.com?v=RKWiwfOhI6U
Elizabeth Helen Drake, thats Scott McKenzies and San Francisco.

I would remind anyone who can't remember those lines , this one in particuler,
All across the nation ,such a strange VIBRATION.
Was there indeed?
If you think those days are over, you are all welcome to where I live in little cropredy, second week of August, I am down near the stage in this clip.
http://www.youtube.com?v=tyCifO-1cAU

All of these wonderfull people create the vibrations , its just a week of smiles.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

longest and best

Post by Mark Culpepper »

My personal opinion Paul is that this is actually your best chapter. Once your final proofreading <g> .... it really has everything that any publisher would like to see rolled up in one chapter. It demonstrates your easy and comfortable handling of the material, your organization of exceptional research, your ability to capture personalities with the actions of your characters ..... the " jade dress with pearls .... hair put up .... elegant and understated ...... spoke volumes and volumes of Linda. The battery story told several stories on several levels. Generals huffing over the sand ... a independent and underdressed child of nature being sought out by the military industrial complex. Hey ... it doesn't get much better than this.
And the search of one lover separated from another, the heartstopping near miss ..... and then the cliffhanging ending. Paul. Its got everything.
MarkC
Griffin
Senior Officer

Cheers

Post by Griffin »

Cheers, Kevin-

I hope to join you one day at the Fairport Convention in Cropredy, following the Goddess Festival at Glastonbury. Is your crop ready at Cropredy for some superlative crop circles? I would wager it always is.

Here's some more Fairport Convention music with images of sky, wind, earth, stones, and water. Birds, sheep, cattle, and a mule too. No sign of any ostriches, but perhaps when they bury their heads in the sand they do disappear <g> -- as time seems to as it flows along. The images of ruins reinforce this, yet they're still around to reference. Dualism seems to rule, yet it's based on singularity. Both-And. Ultimately though -- no-thing, as you say. It's all flowing and spiraling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTXGRgA- ... re=related

As ever,

Griffin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Griffin,
The door will be open to you if you make it to Cropredy.
I have seen a crop circle here before I became interested in them.

The positioning of the stage and sound tower are not by coincidence, I have good reason to suspect this band are responsible,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tDgzBd2hD4

The bubbles are important , and they are singing about a silver machine, do you wanna ride in a silver machine.

I recently caught one of the former members of this band making a crop circle for a charity, gave them quite a shock when I mentioned silver machine.
I just picked up the vibration out of the aether, as one does?
Dr Browns fan is very important, think resonance, think time.
Travelling sideways through time.To your zodiac sign.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

kevin.b wrote:Dr Browns fan is very important, think resonance, think time.
Travelling sideways through time.To your zodiac sign.
Kevin
kevin.b, what type of resonance are you referencing? Take your pick: Mechanical, Electrical, Magnetic, Chemical or something else.

Just looking to see where you are coming from.

Now, travelling through time sideways, you have me on that one unless you mean a parallel time stream.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

Wheres Victoria?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I can't believe it. The new chapter has been out for a whole day and not a peep from Victoria. She and her " Harley dog" must be having way too much fun in Palm Springs. Are you alright Victoria. You are not acting like yourself here. And it was a GOOD chapter too! And I just can't wait to hear your responses on the ending. I want to hear what you think Lindas response was. I don't know whether she should be a little cool in his direction or not. Here she has been looking for him ... and looking for him ... has been there all weekend and due to leave the next day and THEN he shows up? I'm being a little protective of her feelings. I understand that but I just think that the guy takes a whole lot for granted.

And its obvious that Dr. Brown has sponsored this meeting from the first. Maybe this was the first that Morgan could get free from his other obligations. Whatever they were. Will Linda get a glimpse into his life a little more or will that be blocked from her too. Is this another testing crossroads I wonder? " ... Oh have you ever had to make up your mind ... to pick up on one and leave the other behind ?..........." Showing my vintage when such a song rattles around in my brain. but then theres Dylan too ....... MarkC
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: Wheres Victoria?

Post by Langley »

It is a great chapter. I found re reading chapter 4 after very rewarding.

And of course once you start doing that, you cant stop. Addictive. Its going to be a movie. Its so visual it cant not be.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: It can't not be

Post by greggvizza »

Langley wrote:Its going to be a movie. Its so visual it cant not be.
It definitely will be a movie, but I feel sad for the movie goers. A movie can only be 2 hrs long, max. It is going to have to leave out so much. The only way to fit it all in would be to make it a 3 part movie, like Lord of the Rings.

GV
Trickfox
The Magician

Cheer from Quebec

Post by Trickfox »

Get a load of this guy Kevin. He hangs around outside the ice hotel cruising to meet people, shake their hands and hug them to celebrate the 400th aniversery of the oldest city in North America.

There is plenty of cheer everywhere in the world croperdy.... it's only thse poor fundamentalists who make their flock suffer over dogma. They are choking the living spirit of freedom.

Trickfox
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

sheeze

Post by Victoria Steele »

Now THIS is going to get really interesting! And you leave THAT cliffhanger for the very end of course. Did you plan that just to tweek me?

I agree with you Mark. I wonder how Linda is going to respond to Morgan just " showing up" after, lets see, at least seven months of being apart and hearing NOTHING from him. Now I know that I like the guy but I am just a little pissed at him frankly. So I wonder if Linda was too? I mean she was looking for him constantly but that doesn't mean that she would just throw all of that hurt away and jump into his arms ( and probably his bed?) They have all night apparently. And someone already said ... it was San Francisco at the end of the Summer of Love in that City. So is she going to put up a wall? Somehow knowing a little bit about their relationship as younger student (only two years ago) it seems that they had a way of putting things aside for the good of their romance.

So Paul. I am truly sorry that it took me so long to read this chapter because I really do like it. More questions than answers but thats the way of this project.

Going to read it again tomorrow and there will be much to learn soon, I am sure. Victoria
James Barrett

in between

Post by James Barrett »

Langley,

Recently you made the comment that maybe you couldn't take the combination . Shank on one side, Edward Teller on the other. But remember this too, which makes it all that more confounding. While he was dealing with Teller on one hand and Shank on the other, Dr. Brown was also meeting with one of the finest mathematicians in the United States, and from what Paul and Elizabeth have said so far .... a long time and trusted friend .... A.L. Kitselman. Now thats enough to make you stop and wonder what the heck was going on.

Was Mr. Kitselman at that meeting in April? I don't think so otherwise I think that Paul would have mentioned that and apparently Linda did not see him there or surely she would have mentioned her fathers old friend.She doesn't seem to miss much in that journal of hers!

So what might be going on folks that is so damned secret? Hiding in plain sight? Wives on their arms. Would have to do it that way I think. Make it look like a social event. Show off a little fan precipitator like a magic after dinner act.

But what happened after the Generals huffed and puffed to find Dr. Brown on Sunday. (Note that he did not go back to Linda and Josephine but apparently returned to Mr. Odlums ranch.) It was an interesting flow of information , this ..... "Mr. Odlum wants to be your patron ... you have it made, etc. etc "but I think that was for the families benefit.

I rather expect that something very important came down. Why else would Odlum send LeMay himself out in search for the good Dr?

Griffin?Your work includes this meeting? Now that you have seen this information from Paul do you have any theories that you can share?

and Paul. OK. I am hooked. What happens next.

JDB
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: in between

Post by Langley »

James Barrett wrote:Langley,

Recently you made the comment that maybe you couldn't take the combination . Shank on one side, Edward Teller on the other. But remember this too, which makes it all that more confounding. While he was dealing with Teller on one hand and Shank on the other, Dr. Brown was also meeting with one of the finest mathematicians in the United States, and from what Paul and Elizabeth have said so far .... a long time and trusted friend .... A.L. Kitselman. Now thats enough to make you stop and wonder what the heck was going on.......JDB
Hi James, thanks for that interesting jog.

The need to take care of material needs is a darn inconvenience. I think Brown went to meetings like the ranch thing only to enable the higher good. (My view is that Brown was placed in a fishbowl at GTI, going on Chapter 4).
And Brown probably saw that for whatever it was.

Before a person goes into a situation like that, they tend to muster their own forces. There's a tussle going on.

But I feel pretty stupid trying to work it out.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: longest and best

Post by Paul S. »

Mark Culpepper wrote:My personal opinion Paul is that this is actually your best chapter. ..... and then the cliffhanging ending. Paul. Its got everything.
MarkC
Thanks for the complimentary critique there, Mark. It mean a lot coming from you, since you've been following along for so long. And I think you're right about this being an ideal sample chapter. I'm probably going to re-present this material to those agents / editors who expressed interest a while back, and I'll make this chapter the centerpiece of the proposal.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Griffin
Senior Officer

O-C Ranch Fandango

Post by Griffin »

JDB-

YOU WROTE:
So what might be going on folks that is so damned secret? Hiding in plain sight? Wives on their arms. Would have to do it that way I think. Make it look like a social event. Show off a little fan precipitator like a magic after dinner act.

But what happened after the Generals huffed and puffed to find Dr. Brown on Sunday. (Note that he did not go back to Linda and Josephine but apparently returned to Mr. Odlums ranch.) It was an interesting flow of information , this ..... "Mr. Odlum wants to be your patron ... you have it made, etc. etc "but I think that was for the families benefit.

I rather expect that something very important came down. Why else would Odlum send LeMay himself out in search for the good Dr?

Griffin?Your work includes this meeting? Now that you have seen this information from Paul do you have any theories that you can share?

MY COMMENT:
I'll have a full presentation available soon on my blog and eventually an even fuller one in the expanded context of my book. At this point let me say that your observations are astute and match my own and probably those of others on the forum. There was considerable under the table and behind-closed-doors activity and discussion at the O-C Ranch, all beneath the veneer of a gala social gathering with some business overtones. This was indeed an important -- even crucial and historic -- secret policy meeting that needed to fly under the radar.

I'm still fitting pieces together with Twigsnapper's indispensable help, and I'll make the assembled puzzle available on my blog when complete enough. When I signed on board the forums, Paul and I agreed it would be an information exchange situation. It has been, but this particular part will probably be the best of the lot in the exchange process. You're right to intuit and expect more regarding the agenda and inner workings of this gathering and it will be forthcoming. I think Paul is right to see this chapter as a keystone of the book. So many elements come together here, including a certain shift in consciousness taking place at a cultural level. Great work, Paul!

I want to get the essentials of the meeting as right as possible, to the degree that they can be gathered. With Twigsnapper, as you know, I have to present my findings and deductions and have them confirmed or denied. So far they've been confirmed and may be getting to an end point, at least temporarily. I don't know yet what details may have to wait to a future time for disclosure or perhaps remain an ongoing mystery except to a few.

As ever,

Griffin