Chapter 76: FTM

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi All...

I too wish to echo kevin's kudos to Paul and Elizabeth for concocting this cyberhabitation where we may come togeher from time to time and try to enlighten each other.

Langley, I have learned more from your posts about atomic energy and aviation than I would have ever had access to unless I did the research myself. But alas, there is only so much time. Seeing and understanding the world/universe through someone else's senses seems to work quite well here, while it certaily hasn't and doesn't in other places I've frequented. Welcome back mate !

I've mentioned this before, but about the first thing I learned in the technology business was that each new discovery, without exception, had potentials for good and bad outcomes. We all are aware now of the hidden networks involving people like TTB who always emphasize, further, and protect the good potentials.

The other side has done things like pipelining new discoveries into potential weaponization programs by working directly and closely with Universities and their scientists in order to capture discoveries more quickly and efficiently for their purposes. That has all become much more effective and efficient in the recent past, to our long-term detriment I'm afraid.

Langley I fully agree with your conclusion that the UK and Austrailia were coerced into the Iraq tragedy by what amounts to technological blackmail by the U.S. Antigravity knowledge is a powerful temptation, and now we can all see the collective damage which can be done by the act of caving in to the temptations which are always being dangled by the darker side of life.

I am still haunted by the myth of Prometheus as we go on. By stealing the light and fire of the Gods he found himself chained to the rocks of Earth for eternity. Some of us do not see life in that prespective through our insistence upon the possibilities of transcendance. Underneath it all, I find that to be the basic conflict underlying about everything that is going on these days.

My two cents.

flow....:wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: implosion

Post by Langley »

Mikado14 wrote: Nice to see you back online.

Now Langley, you know very well how much I pick at you so do me a favor and explain this statement a little better for I see an implication but I want to hear what you say.

Mikado
Oh all right. But I think Ive burnt my column space for at least the next 3 chapters..

First, I noticed this:

http://www.antiqbook.com/boox/poor/11327.shtml

Did machine work at Los Alamos. Now, why would filters be important at Los Alamos?

And Brown didnt pluck this guy out of thin air did he?

Now I have no link between Shank and electrostatic filters, but what's the initial technical link between Brown and Shank?

And I think you and others Mikado previously discussed pre Brown electrostatic filters. Now, if a cluey guy was into filters, why would he neglect electrostatic ones?

And so we jump back to Teller noting the Fan/speaker, being interested but saying he didnt know how it worked....

And you have a patent re device to precipitate radium daughters using a negative ion generator...So if one was into electrostatic filters AND was aware of Brown's negative ion generator as a means of clumping positively charged unstable radioactive flecks, then so much the better because they would be deaerosolised PRIOR to hitting the filter, making the filter more effective.
And if the bomb didnt work and a radiological weapon was called for, well a portable man packable version of the above filter would be a needed protective for this:

"(2) As a gas warfare instrument the material would be ground into particles of microscopic size to form dust and smoke and distributed by a ground-fired projectile, land vehicles, or aerial bombs. In this form it would be inhaled by personnel. The amount necessary to cause death to a person inhaling the material is extremely small. It has been estimated that one millionth of a gram accumulating in a person's body would be fatal. There are no known methods of treatment for such a casualty

Two factors appear to increase the effectiveness of radioactive dust or smoke as a weapon. These are: (1) It cannot be detected by the senses; (2) It can be distributed in a dust or smoke form so finely powdered that it will permeate a standard gas mask filter in quantities large enough to be extremely damaging. An off-setting factor in its effectiveness as a weapon is that in a dust or smoke form the material is so finely pulverized that it takes on the characteristic of a quickly dissipating gas and is therefore subject to all the factors (such as wind) working against maintenance of high concentrations for more than a few minutes over a given area."
http://www.mindfully.org/Nucs/Groves-Me ... 0oct43.htm

And then there was Seaborg's concern which called for full precautions
(The first appreciable quantities of plutonium became available by
January 1944. At that time, Seaborg warned of its potential
health hazards and suggested immediate studies to learn its
biological behavior. This was a critical issue: the longer the
material stayed in the body, the more damage it could do.
Hundreds of workers would soon be exposed to plutonium, and
exposure standards were necessary. Overexposure would not only
hurt workers; it could compromise secrecy and disrupt production
schedules. http://www.whale.to/b/plutonium.html Seaborgs actual memo is
Glenn Seaborg, head of Chemistry Section C-1 of the Metallurgical Laboratory, to Robert Stone, Health Director of the Metallurgical Laboratory, 5 January 1944 ("Physiological Hazards of Working with Plutonium") (ACHRE No. DOE-070194-A-3))

An advanced mask probably was within the sphere of specialty of Shank and of the people Brown might have called forth from Los Alamos, well Shank is at least logically consistent. His expertise in the wider applications of the principles embodied in the Fan is demonstrated in his written article (previous posts) re the discs post war. It could well be of course that Shank was known to Brown pre war. Through NRL. But I get the strong impression that Shank was no slouch when it came biochemistry. An important facet of Health Physics. That he was technically expert beyond "machinist" is seen in his technical role re films. That he was in a position to correspond with Pauling and to be a member of Federation of American Scientists shows how the title machinist is to overlook his level of expertise.

name search for Bradford Shank in the Library of Congress catalogue.
Filters and their uses was first published 1939. There are entries for this in 39, 48, and 54 (seems he dropped his first initial W after 1939.)
He also wrote a book titled Fragments published in 1959. Its poetry :
http://primal-page.com/shank.htm

I conclude that Shank was involved in health physics specifically Radiological Protection and Countermeasures. His Specialty in Filters prewar made him valuable to Manhattan Project in the protection of workers processing uranium and plutonium. Seaborg made such protection a high priorty in 1944 with the synthesis of Plutonium. (memo to Stone)
Shank was allied to Brown. Brown had the means to boost dramatically the effectiveness of filters of the era. Shank had the skills to produce prototype compound ion generator boosted high efficiency filters. IMO

this war time concentration on radiological safety explains his post war activities re radiation safety. (eg films, contact with Pauling) Was part of the Western anti nuke movement.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

fragments

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I have many favorites in that book of poetry by Bradford Shank. Perhaps though this is the most appropriate for right now............

T E S T A M E N T . . .

A time is coming
When an integration
Of things now known
Will point clearly
And directly
To man's salvation.

Some of you will see
The end of hate
Will feel the lifting
Of irrational fear.

The long sleep of mankind
Nears its end.
The last nightmare
Is unwinding its
Tangled web of horror.

One by one
The sons of man
Will waken
And laughing
Go to work
Together.

And I also hear T.S. Eliot. " And all will be well"... Elizabeth
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

Hi Flow. Ta, all this stuff exists spiritually first. As you explain.

I am not saying the US did anything to force anyone to do anything, but we wanted the JSF.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: fragments

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I have many favorites in that book of poetry by Bradford Shank. Perhaps though this is the most appropriate for right now............

T E S T A M E N T . . .

Elizabeth
Hi elizabeth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imagism

Finally, imagist poems were influenced by Japanese haiku, poems of 17 syllables which usually present only two juxtaposed images. This poetry strives to suggests more than its literal meaning, yet avoids overt figurative devices like allegory and even metaphor.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

http://www.atomicarchive.com/Movies/Movie8.shtml

Forgive them, some grim reading to do with all of this nuclear stuff, I think it shows in that mans face?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Griffin
Senior Officer

Oppie

Post by Griffin »

Greetings all,

In the Morning of the Magicians, by Pauwels and Bergier, this quote is contained:

"Years after Hiroshima, on 17th January, 1955, Oppenheimer made this statement: 'In a very profound sense and in a way that cannot be lightly dismissed, we scientists have sinned.'"

He did his best to develop the atomic bomb as a wartime necessity, but after the war he did his best to halt its proliferation in an arms race with the horrible potential to have Hiroshima become the world. Unfortunately, he was only successful in the first instance. All of this has had a sort of cosmic inevitability, as I feel he recognized as a deep delver into world classics like the Bhagavad-Gita. But he also recognized and felt its profound tragedy, beyond Shakespearean. People referring to him as Oppie show him no disrespect IMO, but simply highlight his obvious and genuine humanity. I hope this forum can advance the agenda of a nuclear-free world, perhaps through the renaissance and furthering of Townsend Brown's energy device/s. When this happens, a time shift can occur in relation to the poem by Bradford Shank, which Elizabeth posted, and what it posits for the future may become past tense.

As ever,

Griffin
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: twigged

Post by Langley »

twigsnapper wrote:Langley,

You are on an IMPORTANT trail. Don't give up on it.
Also note that while on "The Hill" of Los Alamos Bradford Shank worked closely with Penney and their association was a different layer than might have been expected by those working alongside. Penneys associations were strong with Sir William Stephenson though I think that you will be hard pressed to get to the core of that. Keep your eye on Shank.

twigsnapper
Previously there's been mention of a Scandanavian guy pre war postulated an electromagnetic field throughout space. Forgotten his name. The waves from this were discovered and named after him.

Then there was an English guy who found a link between em and gravity he thought. Forgotten his name to.

Thinking of the fission and fusion plasmoids, I backtracked
http://www.nv.doe.gov/library/films/film.aspx?ID=14

(includes movies )

http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/Tests/Argus.html

2. Starfish Prime which took the study of effects further

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starfish_Prime

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EovkC5oDD1s

STARFISH PRIME, Sanitized.
Click here to go to Public STINET (Scientific Technical Information ... Title : STARFISH PRIME, Sanitized. Corporate Author : STANFORD RESEARCH INST MENLO ...
stinet.dtic.mil/oai/oaiverb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=ADA955694

This report mentions the measured earth electrical current and gravity variations.
Download http://handle.dtic.mil/100.2/ADA955411

Twigsnapper this is the closest I can get to gravity effects of nuclear weapons. And I;ve put it up before. but now theres more to think about.

What features of a nuclear detonation could replicate the torsion field of the Nazi Bell? Could a different type of field generate the torsion field? Not High Temperature plasmoid but room temperature field of some sort? er, of the nature of ball lightning?

I am downloading the starfish prime technical report again and will re read it in light of this thread and chapter. Its a sanatized report though. Authored by SRI

And this is left field - could RF heating of the ionispheric plasma produce a discrete field which in relation to a fixed point in space rotated sufficiently to produce a torsion field? (the earth turns be the source of rotation)
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Langley,
Everything spirals.
Your discreet point will be upon a spiral point.
Space is all there is, concentrate upon the space , not the mass, it's a consequence of the movement of space.
Go with the flow/s
Kevin
fibonacci is king
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: Actually...

Post by greggvizza »

Paul S. wrote:....maybe I'm not as completely clueless as I thought...

Try emptying your browser's cache / clearing it's cookie jar.

The domain for the forums had to change. It used to be

https://www.ttbrown.com/forum but now it is

https://www.ttbrown.com/forum.

It might be that your browser is still looking for the old domain.

If that doesn't work, though, I'm back to clueless, at least temporarily.

--PS
Paul,

Duh!!.......of course. Good going Paul.

I just emptied all the old stale cookies from my cookie jar, then gave it another try. It works perfectly now.

Thanks,

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

cookies

I sure am glad that you guys understand all of this. In my world, emptying cookie jars of their contents just equates to bigger hips.

Elizabeth
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

kevin.b wrote:Langley,
Everything spirals.
Your discreet point will be upon a spiral point.
Space is all there is, concentrate upon the space , not the mass, it's a consequence of the movement of space.
Go with the flow/s
Kevin
There was a faint Googling sound from the eMac room. Thinking that I was drowning, my wife rushed in the room. Realising I was only up to my neck, she decided to come back a bit later.

I dunno. Yea, its beneath the atomic level. I cant establish anything. Am waiting for next chapter.

Not everything is on the net.
LongboardLOVELY
Junior Birdman

A question for Paul and Elizabeth

Post by LongboardLOVELY »

I have not been able to keep up with the posts; the speed at which comments and stories are flying around is tremendous. To see where this is now and compare it to where it has been.... WOW..

Anyways, Paul, Elizabeth, I have a question, and I don't know if it's been asked yet.

I was talking to Andrew a few nights ago, and asked him this question. He told me to post this question here:

Is this USS Cutlass that Doc Brown was working on any relation to that mysterious Submarine off the coast of Catalina at the end of Dr Brown's life? Right before he went to San Antonio with those mysterious papers?

Linda B.
Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. ~ Albert Einstein
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

LongboardLOVELY,
Just as an aside, and because you mentioned catalina.
I posted this link, it is about Catalina going back 5000 years, but whats TIME? on the thumstick thread, I doubt you caught it, and as you live in that region.
You never know what may be discovered at any TIME, if they knew which point to look at.
Can you imagine if they found something from recent TIME, in a far distant TIME.

http://www.pcas.org/Vol36N1/9Hardy.pdf
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

interesting combination of messages

As you all probably know by now I take alot of stock in certain messages, not just their content but also their positioning in relationship to each other. Kevin and Flow and many others understand what I am talking about here. Its a dance of information and you have to be allowed to be led.

Linda you asked about the Cutlass being the sub that showed up in the harbor ( more precisely ... anchored off shore ... across from Lovers Cove). Now no one to my knowledge has identified her. Dr. Brown told Linda that her name was the " Sea Mount" and she is really clear on that because when that information came to her she immediately noted it in the journal she was keeping at the time. So yes ... the " Sea Mount " is an actual mystery. Could it have been the old Cutlass. Well I would bet in THIS WORLD that the Cutlass location could be established conclusively somewhere else. BUT THATS NOT THE WORLD WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

And Kevin picks up on it right away. Sometimes things found in this time are not from this time! A vase discovered in Dorchester Mass ..... modern tools found buried in layers of rocks, thousands and thousands of years before their development. We have talked about this before and people are studying it but no one has really been able to see how such a thing could happen.

But what if ........... the sub that showed up in Avalon in 1970- something .... was actually the Cutlass ...... from 1966 something? I might as well ask.

Thanks Linda and kevin. Elizabeth