Chapter 76: FTM

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Thanks Kevin, interesting stuff. The one thing that jumped out at me in the narrative was that the one area they were forbidden entry to on the sub was the radio room. Think one of TTB's RCA Transoceanic "Sets" or it's 1966 era equivalent was in there ? It wouldn't be at all surprising to me.

ps. Maybe we can contract out our services to "Scotland Yard" or somebody.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
Would recommend you send this maritime .org a line and a link to chapter 76, they are really clued up about sub's.
They may be able to contact past crew members?

Flowperson,
They are very enthuiastic about the gyroscope upon the sub, an arma-Brown Mk7.
This focuses upon the pole/s, but that is not what I consider Dr Brown will have fixed upon, the poles move, countless seamen are in Davy Jones's locker because the poles move.
I have a hobbit hunch Dr Brown will have been able to lock onto a much more fixed signal, probably Hercules.
I use a large ships compass , whilst recording the alignments of leylines, though I may change that to a fixed bearing, it is easier for most people to percieve of compass bearings, not what may be way out beyond the universe.
You talk of the power of the mind, it really is bizzare, and I practise utilising mine all of the time, odd-ball I am.
Mr Twigsnapper called me navigator, my reaction was DUH?
I have not asked him why, I view him now as a wise sage, who does not inform directly, but lets the student find out for themselves, with assistance.
So I am slowly realising how I can navigate, and boy can I.
There is a matrix, everything in creation is upon the matrix, all you have to do is think of whatever.
The ability to disern between signals is easily learn't, if you want to, and do with a true intent.
I have pushed myself silly trying to catch myself out, there is nobody else to practise with, though I am showing ever so many how to, there are a few likely contenders, mostly ladies, which is OK .
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

stripping the saddle

Post by Victoria Steele »

My impression is that the Cutlass would have been stripped completely of all " secret" capabilities before she was sold off to the ROC. Whatever use she was in the 60s for Dr. Brown I am sure would have been transferred to another ship ( or ships). Of course we are not going to get any sort of confirmation from the US Navy on that and I would not expect it.

My intuition tells me that there were at least two programs going on with the old Cutlass. One with the Navy oversight .... and one without. Now that must have been interesting. Didn't Mr. Twigsnapper say something to that. That the Navy didn't know everything that was happening on that ship ... I imagine if they got anything that approximated silent running and maybe even stealth ... they would be happy as clams. The FTM I think the Caroline Group would have held pretty damned close to their chest. Which raises an interesting problem. How do you use an entire submarine to " travel in time" without the crew knowing it? Well ... as Paul or someone said. Perfect place. A wave in 2008 looks like a wave in 1945.

And just to show us that we are on the right track with the right ship ... there was that Project Rainbow ... big as life.

And note where this ship spent most of her time. In the waters near the Bahamas.

And Kevin. You have to watch Mr. Twigsnapper. He has a way of calling you what you are to become. Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Yesterday's Bijou

Post by Paul S. »

Radomir wrote:What movie did you go see? Just saw _I am Legend_ and _Cloverfield_ back to back last weekend. Haven't done that sort of thing in more than a decade.
We saw "There Will Be Blood." Great performance, disappointing movie. Not much in the way of pacing. The "Fred Thompson" of movies: laconic, but there must be a point in there somewhere.

When it was over I thought "I should have listened to Ann and taken her to see Sweeney Todd...."

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: something to be said

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: But perhaps we don't have to worry about someone who has never heard of the Philadelphia Experiment, or perhaps has never considered antigravity or quantum situations or even the idea of Parallel dimensions. One wonders if they would ever have an interest in this story at all. And then I think .... well, isn't it normal to expect to have a " target" readership.
I tried to explain this project to somebody last week. That's a tough proposition sometimes, you know, because this is not a subject that lends itself easily to an "elevator speech" kind of synopsis (the kind of pitch that can be thrown out in the time it takes to ride an elevator).

This time I was speaking with a woman in (I guess) her 70s, and I found myself dwelling -- as I usually do -- on the scientific stuff. You know: "the Ionic Breeze... anomalous electrical effects... antigravity... new paradigms..." and her eyes just sorta glazed over and she said, "well, that doesn't sound like it would be very interesting to me...."

So I went off on the opposite tangent, and described for her the personal relationship stuff, the Morgan/Linda intrigue, and tried to explain that maybe the science stuff is really just sorta wrapped up these love stories... then she said "well, I might be interested in that..."

So maybe there is some method to my madness after all... You know, like feeding a dog a pill by wrapping it up in hamburger.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

You Sure?

Post by Paul S. »

Gewis wrote:There are ways of computing this stuff. As it currently stands, none of that exists for Brown's work.
Which raises an interesting question: what do you suppose was in those notebooks that Linda and Morgan spirited away from Building #4 along with that peacock?

And... where are they.... NOW?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: stripping the saddle

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote: My impression is that the Cutlass would have been stripped completely of all " secret" capabilities before she was sold off to the ROC. Whatever use she was in the 60s for Dr. Brown I am sure would have been transferred to another ship ( or ships). Of course we are not going to get any sort of confirmation from the US Navy on that and I would not expect it.
Absolutely!! Strip it out and destroy it or store it. Why would the Government sell off an old Guppy that would have stealth capabilities let alone any temporal abilities. Not that the Government does rational things at times from the perspective of the common citizen. I would bet that if it exists, the newer version is much different than the prototype.
Victoria Steele wrote:My intuition tells me that there were at least two programs going on with the old Cutlass. One with the Navy oversight .... and one without. Now that must have been interesting. Didn't Mr. Twigsnapper say something to that. That the Navy didn't know everything that was happening on that ship ... I imagine if they got anything that approximated silent running and maybe even stealth ... they would be happy as clams. The FTM I think the Caroline Group would have held pretty damned close to their chest. Which raises an interesting problem. How do you use an entire submarine to " travel in time" without the crew knowing it? Well ... as Paul or someone said. Perfect place. A wave in 2008 looks like a wave in 1945.
Exactly. Now how would one know they went back? Easy, extremely easy, in fact it would be as easy as turning on your radio.

Victoria Steele wrote:You have to watch Mr. Twigsnapper. He has a way of calling you what you are to become.
Now really, I could have a lot of fun with that but I won't....<g>

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul S,
I would guesstimate that those kept safe lab notes will explain space.
http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Travel
So how do we do it/done it?
I reckon it's all by field, though actually by Brown.
That there is no so called speed of light, and no such thing as gravity.
They are mere consequences of field.
So whats field?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

More Puzzle Pieces

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:
And just to show us that we are on the right track with the right ship ... there was that Project Rainbow ... big as life.

And note where this ship spent most of her time. In the waters near the Bahamas.
Thank you for pointing those details out, Victoria. Both were mentioned in my correspondence with Morgan and "Boston," but I could just not quite find a way to squeeze those pieces into the narrative that was forming up for me with this chapter. Sometimes you just have to leave out a few screws and say "well, at least it works this way...."

I also thought of adding a note to the effect that there are actually several "markers" that imply some kind of "Caroline" influence in the whole "TPX" scenario. The "Project Rainbow" appellation is one of them. Then there is the business with Morris K. Jessup, who comes to light in Moore's book -- and is mentioned in the VERY FIRST entry in Dr. Brown's notebooks, from 1955. And I even think Moore mentions Clara John, the woman who's little UFO group was the seed that Dr. B grew into "NICAP."

Go figger. That's about all I can do. I have another chapter to write now..

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Plasma / Lightning balls

Post by Chris Knight »

The ball lightning was also a marker.
Last edited by Chris Knight on Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: More Puzzle Pieces

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote:
Victoria Steele wrote:

The "Project Rainbow" appellation is one of them.

--PS
Did ya ever...I mean did you ever wonder why the name "Rainbow" was chosen Dorothy?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

timing

Post by twigsnapper »

Paul,

You might note that you and kevin posted at the same time again. Meeting in the aether.

I aree with your assesment of the story having to be " wrapped" in the personal story of Townsend , Josephine and Linda and Morgan. This is the heart of your story and you will find that the science will be far less interesting to MOST than those personal relationships. "Eyes glazing over " is a good expression. But going from one page to another just to find out what is going to happen between these people. THATS the story.

But I am reminded of one of the first spy satellites that went up. It piggybacked along with another more public vehicle program and so it is that your notes to the science are hitching a ride, given distance by the other actually more powerful story. That little piggybacker will reveal breathtaking information for those who are looking and ready for it..... but the main job of getting into orbit has to be accomplished by the other vehicle. A LOVE STORY, well told.

You called it yourself. " The Parallel Universe of Townsend Brown". twigsnapper
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi...Not to try and rain on your parade Victoria et al, but it makes a lot of sense to me that the esoteric aspects of the Cutlass were likely left intact when it was turned over to the ROC/Taiwanese Navy in '73.

It has always been the strategy of U.SA. foreign policy, except in times of war, to work to strike balances locally between geopolitical forces and powers. At that time there was no greater perceived long term threat to U.S.hegemony than "Red China''. Remember that at that time the domino theory of world domination by Communism, which had prevailed for almost twenty years, was beginning to fall apart. The U.S. needed a loyal champion to be reckoned with in the area and the ROC was it. It was still too early to allow the rearmament of Japan.

The turning over of such powerful, even if outdated technology-wise, capabilities would have enabled one of our most loyal and capable allies in the region to act and monitor on our behalf, under our direction, surveilance, and monitoring. I find this strategy option to be little different that the arrangement which exists even today for the UK to deploy nukes under our direction, ownership, and monitoring.

This was the true beginnings of a globalization strategy to be brought about under the technological oversight of the U.S. Military/Intelligence protective umbrella.

flow....8)
Last edited by flowperson on Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dancing is better than marching
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Morgan's words

Post by Radomir »

Then he wondered, “How to change that? Get people to sit around a campfire and tell stories of wondrous things and of brave individuals and eventually they come to accept that vision as a possibility. Come to see that possibility in themselves and take ownership of it.”
Perhaps all the various Stargate XYZ shows, and similar narratives may be part of the campfire strategy? If so, I'd want better writers...

What other media might we be seeing in the last several decades that could have been influenced by the campfire strategy?

Or is he really talking about a word-of -mouth approach only to select individuals or groups who seem more "ready" for the message?

My brain has been kind of a-whirl & on fire with all this chapter content -- and as EHD said the IMPLICATIONS -- since yesterday.

R.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

closer and closer to ODD

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Paul has written many times that Dr. Brown always seemed to know what was going to happen ahead of time. Even with meeting Josephine and trusting her to become his life partner. Apparently he seemed to know ahead of time that she was to be the person by his side. Others have said that she actually kept him alive during many critical periods of his life.

Could the older Townsend Brown ( invested with the technology that he may have developed in the 60s) COULD HE HAVE BEEN ABLE to act as an agent of change in his own life? Makes my head hurt thinking of the possibilities but.............

For example the forces that moved the Navy to accept the lab equipment and study program that Townsend Brown wanted to do when he was just an ordinary seaman could he have caused that quick movent to the Naval Research Lab? Seaman Brown sent off his request to the Navy from his station there in San Diego and within 30 days I think he and his project were at the Naval Research Lab in Washington. Anybody else think thats strange? Forces that I might have wanted to call Caroline Group before .... could that influence somehow have been the future Dr. Brown?

In fact, going further. Is that the nature of the Caroline Group itself? Future entities reaching back to influence our actions. Of course now I see why they can not force the issues. Must be against those natural rules Dr. Brown mentioned. Anybody here with me on this? I think we have already been on this ground. MarkC