Chapter 76: FTM

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

FTM...Part one. A device capable of forming an electromagnetic envelope within the medium around the object to be transported. Specialized feild generators would be generally used.

Part two...An electrogravitic device, which can be quite small and is included within the object to be transported. Targeting and vectoring of the traveling object is accomplished through employment of electrogravitics. In electrogravitics all channels are open for two-way communication on a continuous basis. The entire protective envelope is vectored and transported and the object arrives transparently and instantaneously.

Put the two together and I believe you've got a FTM.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

stuck no more

Post by Mark Culpepper »

A great name I think. Stuck in the ice no more ............ The Resolute

MarkC
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Electromagnetic envelope

Post by greggvizza »

flowperson wrote:FTM...Part one. A device capable of forming an electromagnetic envelope within the medium around the object to be transported.
Not clear on where the electromagnetic envelope fits in.

As of about a month ago, I am now living in an electromagnetic envelope. They just put in a new cell tower right near my house and I am now bathed 24/7 in higher levels of electromagnetic energy. I am not happy about it, but, if now all I have to do to time travel is carry around a hand held electogravitic transceiver then all the electromagnetic radiation that I am now absorbing would be certainly worth it.

GV
AM

Post by AM »

Mr. Flow wrote:FTM...Part one. A device capable of forming an electromagnetic envelope within the medium around the object to be transported. Specialized feild generators would be generally used.

Part two...An electrogravitic device, which can be quite small and is included within the object to be transported. Targeting and vectoring of the traveling object is accomplished through employment of electrogravitics. In electrogravitics all channels are open for two-way communication on a continuous basis. The entire protective envelope is vectored and transported and the object arrives transparently and instantaneously.

Put the two together and I believe you've got a FTM.

flow....
I may be wrong, but somehow I feel that the above post is of much greater significance than we might imagine. Mr. Flow was not in vain called Flow. Much intuition flowed through him.

ESPECIALLY PART TWO. Might it be possible that the electrogravitic device itself was a crucial part of the FTM? I. e. not just serving for communication and for determining the co-ordinates, but for transporting the gravitational bubble in which the submarine (or other objects) were enclosed through time and space.

The vehicle is enclosed in a spherical gravitational wave. Then you tunnel this wave through time and space via an electrogravitic device.

Keep in mind the quantum tunneling and Dr. Brown's special diode.

AM
Trickfox
The Magician

You forgot

Post by Trickfox »

You forgot the most important part. "The on-switch". It's the mind over matter interface. No buttons whatsoever!
Cool huhn?

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
AM

Post by AM »

Yes, but certainly Sir Fox. Why do you think they were so interested in controlling their minds and developping various special abilities? ----> remote viewing.

As for the interface, remember Mr. Carr, the work that Dr. Flanagan did and Marcel Vogel.

AM

And don't forget Dr. Kitselman.
AM

Post by AM »

Mr. Fox, you must be able to do with your mind what Shmoo does with his body. Now, I do hope you know who or what (a) Shmoo is?

Please do not pay attention to vile slander about Shmoo and the etymological origins of his name.

AM
Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

whatever made you think of Shmoos?

Post by Linda Brown »

AM,

Now you are beginning to make the hair stand up on my arms! What in the WORLD made you think to mention Shmoos? My Dad used to have a great affinity for the LiL Abner cartoon strip and occasionally he would even doodle a shmoo on the side of some of his papers!

We particularly loved that log cabin in North Carolina and he named it "Dog Patch" ... and my mother used to laugh about using her " double whammy" which was something that one of the characters used. of course I fancied myself " Daisy Mae"

So I just wondered. What in the WORLD made you think of Shmoos?
Linda
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Had to google what a shmoo is,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shmoo

"Tastes like chicken" jumped at me?
I seem to remember one of those patches having that on, and mr Twigsnapper been somewhat amused at that?
kevin
fibonacci is king
AM

Post by AM »

It's really a little bit strange. I actually can't remember how Shmoo came back into my memory, but a few days ago I was causally surfing the internet and I came accross a Shmoo video-clip. I remembered the cartoon from when I was little and I how I liked this character. The Shmoo.

It might be that I was also thinking of Dr. Brown while doing all of this. And since then Shmoo has always been at the back of my mind.

When Mr. Trickfox wrote the above post about mind controlling the machines, the following thing occured to me: "One has to transform and train the mind to become like Shmoo and then one will be able to control these advanced machines without a problem."

And besides, I simply like Shmoo. He is so good-natured and doesn't harbour any ill-will. No malice in him.

Wouldn't you like to have a Shmoo on your side? Or become a Shmoo? I surely would.

AM

P. S. Sailor-Shmoo + Shmoo-anatomy:

Linda Brown
Resident Mystic

but remember ....

Post by Linda Brown »

How dangerous it might be having something that happily becomes always your hearts desire without you having to think about the consequences.

But I have loved them too. Linda
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Another word "Bandersnatch" in that link.
in the where mentioned part at the bottom of the link," smooth as a shmoo"
Which leads to this, read the part headed EARTH, sounds spookily like where we are heading?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Known_Space
Kevin
Last edited by kevin.b on Mon May 12, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fibonacci is king
AM

Post by AM »

Mr. B., perhaps the technology is not entirely fictional, eh? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slaver_stasis_field
Ms. Brown wrote:How dangerous it might be having something that happily becomes always your hearts desire without you having to think about the consequences.
Ah, what I said was largely in a jest.

I though agree with your words above, but only partially. Why? Because you forgot something important - if one wants to have a Shmoo fullfilling all his wishes, then one must deserve the Shmoo and become worthy of him.

Shmoos only go to right people. And right people do contemplate consequences.

And if you yourself want to become a Shmoo, you cannot do so, if you do not change.

Besides, have you ever seen an evil, destructive or even angry Shmoo?

To soften up the reality...

AM
Last edited by AM on Mon May 12, 2008 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Teela brown appears in these works, stranger and stranger?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teela_Brown
kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

The man who wrote this is,
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/n/larry-niven
He sure can write.
Kevin
fibonacci is king