Chapter 75: Operation Peacock Freedom

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Putting their daughter at risk

Post by Radomir »

Something has been niggling at me all weekend about these two chapters.

Echoing at least one of the comments above, the situation really does seem to have gotten serious (from a financial standpoint, and from an organizational support standpoint) during this Decker period.

Serious enough that TTB would ask his own daughter (and her friend, by extension) to engage in an essentially illegal act. I'm sure he had all faith in Morgan & Juan's ability to execute the plan, and to safeguard the ladies. But it doesn't change the fact that this marks the most extreme divergence we have seen from his previous policy of "She needs not to know," to "we need her help." Really the plan wouldn't have worked nearly as seamlessly without both ladies there.

So perhaps it was the case that this Decker era was a period where TTB couldn't really get much direct support from whatever forces had been sponsoring, guiding, assisting him over the years. Or it was the case that the organization helps those who help themselves, and it was just given to TTB as a problem he had to solve with existing resources, so to speak.

I read into the small mention of Josephine's tenseness that she knew her daughter was about to be put at risk, and she had to just let it happen, and separate herself from knowing too much about the operation. That must have been very hard. We didn't hear much about her reaction when they returned safely but I bet she was enormously relieved.

Anyway, I felt for both TTB and Josephine as parents at the same time I reveled in the fantastic spy op adventure that all four of the Mod Squad were able to share.
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Just as a reminder of how big these peacocks are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM17yvrG65o

I would love to be stood in front of one of these when it displays, but what is it displaying?
Can you see how it resembles a dish?
imagine a modulated field been directed, not to great effect with this one .
kevin
fibonacci is king
Griffin
Senior Officer

broadcast

Post by Griffin »

He's definitely broadcasting. How can she resist?

Griffin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Griffin,
"He's definately broadcasting "
Exactly, but we can't see it.
Our senses only SEE the mass, the feathers.
She has possibly switched OFF her reciever.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
James Barrett

if I stick my toe in

Post by James Barrett »

Will it disappear into some other dimension? Ah! Worth it. I guess you just take a deep breath and jump.

Another belated comment about this peacock raid.

Mikado seems to know just a little bit about moving a big bird without a ruckuss. I am pretty sure thats not common information but any field operative would have found that information somewhere (if he was worth his salt) That bird probably was in lala land clear to the Ohio state line.

Note, that I didn't ask how you happened to know that Mikado. I have a feeling that I don't want to particularly want to know either. Especially maybe around Thanksgiving ???? JDB
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: if I stick my toe in

Post by Mikado14 »

James Barrett wrote: Mikado seems to know just a little bit about moving a big bird without a ruckuss. I am pretty sure thats not common information but any field operative would have found that information somewhere (if he was worth his salt) That bird probably was in lala land clear to the Ohio state line.

Note, that I didn't ask how you happened to know that Mikado. I have a feeling that I don't want to particularly want to know either. Especially maybe around Thanksgiving ???? JDB
Hello Mr. Barrett,

Chlorophyll works pretty well too but let's face it, starting fluid you can get anywhere. I will bet the bird was sick afterward and had a hell of a headache.

Who mentioned the bird going to Ohio?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
James Barrett

assumptions

Post by James Barrett »

Mikado,

Regarding heading for Ohio. I figured the " see you in California" from the departing van was a pretty good clue . I doubt that Juan would drop the bird off at the local zoo. Remember that Dr. Brown left complete instructions not to forget the " Peacock feather". Apparently Linda took him to mean the whole bird and I am sure thats what the intention was and Dr. Brown was in California. I just assumed ( I know, I know) that it would have been the Peacock Express West. To me that would mean maybe the Pa Turnpike? through Ohio ... and eventually dropping down to St. Louis, Tulsa ...etc, etc .... was it 66 then? I wonder how long it took them? And I wonder if they ever even admitted to having the peacock in the van? Probably not! They just turn the danged thing loose in the back or what?

Yes, I would be willing to bet that those two were on some sort of a very strict timetable. Otherwise I can't quite feature Morgan leaving Linda as abruptly as that, given their history together.

Anyway. My observations and assumptions. JDB
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

pulling the threads together

Post by Victoria Steele »

Well now I won't have to worry from one love story to another. I take it Paul that the story line has now joined up.
So the next section has to be about the Browns activities in California in the year 1967 but haven't you already covered that? In the Chapter Four " How Many Generals Does It Take?" and as I recall by the fall of the year Dr. Brown has that really odd demonstration at the RAND corporation in Santa Monica and then almost .... shockingly, I thought ...... told Linda " Its over Sweetie" Maybe now its time you got on with your own life." What the hell was going on?

You left the whole thing hanging fire then but now I know we will be able to see this in much more detail. And I want to know, where the hell was Morgan? He is not mentioned. Did he just fade to black? or what?

And has anyone ever come forward with the location of the " big fan" that was " left behind at the RAND offices". Certainly someone should know what happened to it? So many questions! Are you going to tell me to just wait until the next chapter? Victoria
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

good questions

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Radomir,

repeating what you asked word for word because I think that you made a good point

"Serious enough that TTB would ask his own daughter (and her friend, by extension) to engage in an essentially illegal act. I'm sure he had all faith in Morgan & Juan's ability to execute the plan, and to safeguard the ladies. But it doesn't change the fact that this marks the most extreme divergence we have seen from his previous policy of "She needs not to know," to "we need her help." Really the plan wouldn't have worked nearly as seamlessly without both ladies there.
So perhaps it was the case that this Decker era was a period where TTB couldn't really get much direct support from whatever forces had been sponsoring, guiding, assisting him over the years. Or it was the case that the organization helps those who help themselves, and it was just given to TTB as a problem he had to solve with existing resources, so to speak."

Thanks Radomir. Excellent thoughts.

My feeling is that your assumption " the organization helps those who help themselves" is probably very close to the truth here. Most of the time I think that Dr. Brown was expected to ( and in fact required their distance) from his operations. I have wondered many times why he left those important notebooks behind when leaving Deckers. Was it just an oversight,? did conditions worsen so seriously ( or other problems develop while he was first in California) that made it impossible for him to return? Or ..... (I know that this is a VERY ODD observation on my part but all of you out there who have known me for some time on this forum know that I am prone to take the odd road )...... Perhaps leaving them was . INTENTIONAL. If that was the case, I haven't figured out WHY yet. One thought of course ...... he meant for Linda and Morgan to be together for this experience, for Linda to put her hands on those notebooks ... and no one else. Remember in the darkness of the basement, even Juan was not privy to the fact that there were six notebooks. That could be the biggest secret ever kept at that point and who did he trust it to? The two that meant the most to him FOR THE FUTURE.

Perhaps he trusted no one else more than this "newly minted" covert operations team? I know that seems strange. Tula apparently couldn't even keep her story straight about where she was from but of course everything worked out safely and I imagine all four of those individuals hold that particular experience somewhere special. And apparently there was a plan B in place in case she didn't want to pursue it. I have thought about what took the bird out ..... and figured that they really might not have even needed a fake Southern Belle and all her charms to get the guard down and out. No this operation was set up expecially to give the girls something to share. and adventure. But it would have happened one way or the other.

Just a couple of odd thoughts to add to the brew. Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

missing notebooks

Post by Victoria Steele »

Of course! You are right Elizabeth! Of course!
Dr. Brown could not have sent in another team because no one else could know the existence of those notebooks.

To everybody else. Remember when Dr. Brown had that confrontation with Linda at the beginning of Pauls Book? Its called "Every Cabbie in Catalina" You guys need to reread that now that we know a little more about what was really going on.

His opening lines were from Linda " Daddy! You can't do this! You'll kill yourself! Mother and I will have to go to San Antonio to bring back your body!"

Yes folks, pretty emotional. Now that things are back up take a look at that. Its the Prologue.

Note that Dr. Brown is packing material from his study area and apparently he takes it to (read the last part kids) thats where it gets good. Dollars to Donuts those extra black notebooks were taken again at that moment and put back into Morgans hands . Dr. Brown knew he was dying and in fact I think died later that month? Not sure exactly but I know that he died that year. He was making sure there was nothing "loose" and left behind. And sadly he chose AT THE TIME not to tell his daughter what was actually happening. " DON'T WORRY SWEETIE, EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE ALRIGHT" Oh, truely, breaks my heart! You guys gotta read that chapter again, Now that we all know Linda better, and her Mom.

Linda apparently had a family and a household there on the Island. And Morgan was not part of that. So Paul, I have my emotional seat belt all secured! I need to know what happened between them. If they ever resolved their relationship? In my heart I already feel I know the answer to that ( I am a romantic, remember?) but I really want to see how it all plays out.

Thanks for the extra work by the way. I won't bug you about schedules. Just know that I am appreciative, whenever. Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: pulling the threads together

Post by Paul S. »

Nice to see our little tribe regathering after the momentary disruption of moving the tents to a new spot on the cyber-prairie.... Seems to be working well enough now. Who knows, maybe there will be fewer of those bogus registrations getting through to these servers. Which reminds me, probably time for a "non-activate member" purge...
Victoria Steele wrote:Well now I won't have to worry from one love story to another. I take it Paul that the story line has now joined up.
That's my take, too...<g>

So the next section has to be about the Browns activities in California in the year 1967 but haven't you already covered that?
The next chapter will be a brief detour to take a closer look (to the extent it's possible....) at what else might have been going on in Philadelphia. THEN we will follow the Brown's -- and Tula -- to the West Coast.
In the Chapter Four " How Many Generals Does It Take?" and as I recall by the fall of the year Dr. Brown has that really odd demonstration at the RAND corporation in Santa Monica and then almost .... shockingly, I thought ...... told Linda " Its over Sweetie" Maybe now its time you got on with your own life." What the hell was going on?
Thanks for reminding me about that. I better take another look at that chapter before I write the one-after-next so I'm not repeating myself. The intent is to draw everything "full circle."
And I want to know, where the hell was Morgan? He is not mentioned. Did he just fade to black? or what?
Let's just say we're not entirely done with Morgan yet.
And has anyone ever come forward with the location of the " big fan" that was " left behind at the RAND offices".
Not that I am aware of.
Certainly someone should know what happened to it? So many questions!

I believe Mark Culpepper touched on that subject somewhere....
Are you going to tell me to just wait until the next chapter?
Would I do that? Would I answer a question with a question? Who? Me?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: pulling the threads together

Post by Mikado14 »

Victoria Steele wrote: And has anyone ever come forward with the location of the " big fan" that was " left behind at the RAND offices". Certainly someone should know what happened to it?
Hello there Red! Haven't heard you in awhile.

I want to know what the hell happened to the one at Deckers'.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: assumptions

Post by Mikado14 »

James Barrett wrote:Mikado,

Regarding heading for Ohio. I figured the " see you in California" from the departing van was a pretty good clue . I doubt that Juan would drop the bird off at the local zoo. Remember that Dr. Brown left complete instructions not to forget the " Peacock feather". Apparently Linda took him to mean the whole bird and I am sure thats what the intention was and Dr. Brown was in California. I just assumed ( I know, I know) that it would have been the Peacock Express West. To me that would mean maybe the Pa Turnpike? through Ohio ... and eventually dropping down to St. Louis, Tulsa ...etc, etc .... was it 66 then? I wonder how long it took them? And I wonder if they ever even admitted to having the peacock in the van? Probably not! They just turn the danged thing loose in the back or what?

Yes, I would be willing to bet that those two were on some sort of a very strict timetable. Otherwise I can't quite feature Morgan leaving Linda as abruptly as that, given their history together.

Anyway. My observations and assumptions. JDB
Mr. Barrett,

Let's see, by then, the Interstate system was going full bore with the PA Pike being incorporated, the Ohio pike, the Indianna Pike, the Illinois pike into I 76 and 80/90 towards and right after the PA/Ohio border. However, I 81 would have been a better route for the time of the year it was. Considering Lake effect snow across Indianna especially with it being winter. But I suppose, just maybe the peacock was destined for ..... a home in Ohio? In any event, I would wager that the poor bird woke up thirsty and feeling as close to a hang over that a bird could feel and would just hunker down...even if let loose in the van.

Just an assumption from myself as well..<g>

Mikado
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Guys... A couple of details I forgot to mention about the peacock symbolism in connection with Persian/Iranian history, ancient and modern.

"The Peacock Throne" was the name for the royal dias upon which the ruler of the land sat in ancient times, and in the times of the Shahs into the 20th century.

The peacock's tail feathers are arranged in the colors of the rainbow and had prominently featured "eyes" configured within the patterns. Rainbows and eyes are among the most ancient symbols of temporal and spiritual power in that part of the world, but particularly in Egypt and Persia.

The "rainbow feathered serpent" also known as "Quetzalcoatal" was revered in most parts of Mexico and Central America as the most powerful and prolific of all the gods in the ancient and mythical times of their civilizations' foundations.

flow.... 8)
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

all good thoughts

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I love your posts Flow. Thanks.

I think that you may see and feel what I am feeling here. That there is a certain amount of what I like to call " Cosmic Hah hahs" happening .
Rainbow feathers ...... and something called " Project Rainbow" involving a ship named the Eldridge, maybe even special Egyptian rings ............ sometimes you just have to let it roll over you like a tide because trying to make certain sense of the information sometimes just takes all the energy right from you. So, do like I do ... make a note of certain odd coincidences, throw a red flag down to mark the spot and then when you have gotten further down the trail look back and see if you can discern connections. Only way its ever going to be seen. I suppose it helps to to EXPECT that there are connections and be looking for them. There are times I find myself in a sea of red flags. Individually they don't link to anything .... but noted together ....... odd patterns of information emerge.

I was halfheartedly listening to a program about stemcell research the other day. I should have really tuned in but I think I was messing with the forums. Anyway ..... a dedicated research Dr. has devised and developed a nanofluid that can be injected into the spinal break which builds a bridge for the nervous system. Wonderful, Powerful work. And then I overheard him say that the material " built its own " latticework" in its own " predetermined way" and that he recognized what was happening and how odd that actually was, how mysterious, but that he had decided to take it at face value for what it did and use that without spending years of research stopping and figuring out how it " self determined " that pattern. "We must go on" he said "because the other mystery involves the mystery of life here on earth and the answer may never be known."

So I take it that he was seeing patterns too. "Self determining designs" .... It was building its own bridge, for a transfer of information and thats what I see happening here too. He didn't know how that fluid " designed that latticework". Only that it DID.. But he could use that characteristic and decided to and I guess its lead to several break throughs in this kind of research. But it still underscores how very little we actually know of our own reality.

I really feel thats what we are faced with here too on our most special days. Elizabeth

Just a thought