Chapter 73: Something Happened

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

kevin.b wrote:Trying to wade through American history is like paddling about in abbreviation world.
http://www.dia.mil/history/histories/origins.html
http://www.afa.org/magazine/sept2002/0902chiefs.html
Kevin
http://www.darpa.mil/

And that's where it is I think. The coordination point. IMO.

http://www.lanl.gov/news/index.php/fuse ... ry_id/1876
quote:
"We live in a sea of photons, for example, and interact with some small fraction of them. So the environment is in some sense in a constant process of monitoring objects," Zurek said.

"Decoherence does not require an apparatus or a direct measurement to make a system declare its state. But neither does it give you an exact answer: it only takes us halfway there. Decoherence provides a menu of allowed states; it's a selection process that disallows flagrantly quantum states of macroscopic objects," Zurek said.

There are macroscopic systems that should exist, save for decoherence, in quantum states of possibilities.

Macrosystems defined as "chaotic" can be analyzed from a quantum mechanical view, and quantum mechanics always works, Zurek emphasized.

"Chaotic systems produce weird superpositions of many possible states, and this condition evolves in a reasonably short time scale," Zurek said. "There are macroscopic, chaotic systems that can get into all sorts of bizarre trouble from a quantum-mechanical perspective."

"Decoherence is exceedingly effective. On the macroscopic level of our everyday experience it works many times faster than anything we can measure," Zurek said. "Quantum mechanics without decoherence leads to a universe of paradoxes -- there is a real conflict.

"Experimental investigation of the middle ground between these two realms is just beginning, driven by both our scientific curiosity about the origins of the classical and by the inevitable encounter with decoherence, which is recognized as the biggest obstacle to an experimental implementation of a quantum computer," Zurek said.

Los Alamos National Laboratory is a multidisciplinary research institution engaged in strategic science on behalf of national security. The Laboratory is operated by a team composed of Bechtel National, the University of California, BWX Technologies, and Washington Group International for the Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration.

Los Alamos enhances national security by ensuring the safety and reliability of the U.S. nuclear stockpile, developing technologies to reduce threats from weapons of mass destruction, and solving problems related to energy, environment, infrastructure, health and global security concerns.

end quote. Theres a search box at the top of the page. Try typing in Spin Vectors if you like.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutron :
Neutron Stability and Beta Decay

Outside the nucleus, free neutrons are unstable and have a mean lifetime of 885.7±0.8 seconds (about 15 minutes), decaying by emission of a negative electron and antineutrino to become a proton:[2] \hbox{n}\to\hbox{p}+\hbox{e}^-+\overline{\nu}_{\mathrm{e}}. This decay mode, known as beta decay, can also transform the character of neutrons within unstable nuclei.

Neutron: subatomic particle with no net electric charge and a mass of 939.573 MeV/c² or 1.008 664 915 (78) u (1.6749 × 10−27 kg, slightly more than a proton). Its spin is ½. Its antiparticle is called the antineutron. The neutron, along with the proton, is a nucleon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electron-p ... nihilation

Electron-positron annihilation occurs when an electron and a positron (the electron's anti-particle) collide. The result of the collision is the conversion of the electron and positron and the creation of gamma ray photons or, less often, other particles

The positron is the antiparticle or the antimatter counterpart of the electron. The positron has an electric charge of +1, a spin of 1/2, and the same mass as an electron. When a low-energy positron collides with a low-energy electron, annihilation occurs, resulting in the production of two gamma ray photons (see electron-positron annihilation).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proton
Protons are observed to be stable and their theoretical minimum half-life is 1×1036 years. Grand unified theories generally predict that proton decay should take place, although experiments so far have only resulted in a lower limit of 1035 years for the proton's lifetime. In other words, proton decay has never been witnessed.

However, protons are known to transform into neutrons through the process of electron capture. This process does not occur spontaneously but only when energy is supplied. The equation is:

\mathrm{p}^+ + \mathrm{e}^- \rightarrow\mathrm{n} + {\nu}_e \,

where

p is a proton,
e is an electron,
n is a neutron, and
νe is an electron neutrino

The process is reversible: neutrons can convert back to protons through beta decay, a common form of radioactive decay. In fact, a free neutron decays this way with a mean lifetime of about 15 minutes.

And that's where it doesnt add up. My Captain couldnt tell me why because I didnt need to know.

But we can see I think that SPIN is important in the construction of matter and there my mind fogs. For as shown above, components of mass can either disappear completely in a transformation gamma burst, or form the glue of the nucleus, the neutron. So what is the Spin vector an expression of? what underlying structure generates it. The point in time and space at which an annhilation reaction takes place is a sort of singularity which is transmitted in all directions by the gamma burst.

I am happy to be corrected on this. but if one can manipulate whatever it is which determines spin vectors, then the material world may seem to have been transcended in applications.

http://www.darpa.mil/STO/submitideas.html
"Third, technology solutions are what we fund. We can all agree that anti-gravity has military utility, and we would love to fund such a program, but the key question is how will you achieve anti-gravity? Understanding of the problem or opportunity is certainly important, but a specific and innovative approach is essential to obtaining DARPA funding."

Oh Ok then, an electron stream meets a positron stream in a vector controlled setting and gravity disappears. Do it in a pulsed fashion you have gravity and gamma morse. Either put this twin ion stream on a craft or use modulation of the process for communication.

I cant possibly be right. But thanks you guys for helping me make sense of something which has puzzled me for decades. I cant be right. Its a problem of conciousness in the first instance, and I aint got it. But I think I finally see why there were parallel lines between Dr Brown and people like Teller.

Though unlike Teller, Dr Brown wasnt a Spin Doctor in the negative sense.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: benefits of age

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:Thats the benefit of a certain age. You can afford to be more direct. If you cross a line , then you can easily backtrack and blame it on your own senility. It becomes a useful tool. Something that Sir William learned well.

Knowing how carefully you read my comments I am not sure whether you are speaking of one of two incidents where Dr. Brown was " rescued". If you happened to catch the first time I mentioned " Get him out of here" then no .... it was not me doing the rescuing but another. If you are talking of jeeps and mud and springtime in Germany then I think you will see that I was more directly under anothers wing at the time. His name comes up over and over but my role with him was sealed when we stood there in the mud watching Dr. Brown being hauled away to spend time in a hospital in England. I think I must have said something like .... " Now What?" and the answer to that has been a lifelong wonder.

Sort of like finding a place at a table which has already been set for you. twigsnapper
Excuse my forth rightness but it is clear....

you do miss him.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

missing him

Post by twigsnapper »

Mikado, If by " missing him" you are referring to Dr. Brown you are absolutely correct. Dr. Brown was a true gentleman and a wondrous spirit. I do miss him. I was very fortuneate to have met him (and others of course.) Some people by the force of their intellect and internal spirit light up the room when they enter it.

And its a sad thing when you outlive some of your companions. But as the old joke goes .... it beats the alternative. twigsnapper
Griffin
Senior Officer

New Year Ceremony

Post by Griffin »

New Year’s Greetings and Best Wishes to All!

Kevin-

I celebrated New Year’s by attending a ceremonial Fireplace gathering of a Native American Church group. It was from dusk of New Year’s Eve until almost noon of New Year’s Day, held on a mountain top in an enormous tipi in an ideal geomantic location. You would have loved it. Many feathers and powerful signs and energy. The fire represents the Sun with the crescent Moon nearby in balance, formed of red earth. As the coals and ashes from the fire gathered, they were arranged by the Fire Tender in a circular pattern like the sun. Streams of coals were swept to join the ends of the crescent moon design by the Fire Tender in the final phase of the ceremony. Both/And/Balance. The ceremony was presided over by the Road Chief, who carried an arrangement of numerous Swift Hawk feathers. Several hawks were sighted by participants prior to the ceremony and one swooped low and flew across my pathway as I drove to another synchronistically arranged Indian ceremony the morning of December 31. I took it as an excellent omen. At the conclusion of this ceremony, I received the spirit name meaning Dolphin through the medicine woman from a Grandfather in the spirit world. I’ve had a close connection with dolphins for many years, and once had the honor of petting one with my young daughter. I was present many years ago at a “dolphin callingâ€
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Griffen,
Thank you for thinking of me, very humbling.
All the best in the coming year/s.
There seems to be a great swell of people beginning to sense something, I find that they spiral together in groups, as if by chance?

Of course that sensing SOMETHING can mean many things.
I am still searching for that SOMETHING that happened in 1958, heres some films of someone talking about a little black box , and a looking glass device, now that would be something, if you could look into the future possibilities?
A sort of portable muses box.
http://www.projectcamelot.org/dan_burisch.html
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Likewise

Post by Paul S. »

And a Happy New Year to you all from The Garret, too...

I'm pleased to see that the forums are all running again, but I'm not entirely certain how long it will last.

There is some kind of "googlebot" adhered to our site like some kind of pernicious, digital parasite that used like 5 of our allowed 10GB of banwidth last month. I'm not sure when exactly it kicked in, though I do see there was a spike in bandwidth usage over just the last few days of the month. It's possible that it's something new and that it could start eating our allowance quickly. I just don't know.

And nor is the company that presently hosts this site showing any particular interest in helping me sort out the issue. So, I am going to move the site to different servers, possibly by the end of this week or else early next.

Then there should be no more problems like we experienced Monday. And I'll be able to get admin help when I need it.

So, what to do.... read the forums or get back to the next chapter.... ah, decisions decisions....

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

creepy

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Its just sort of a creepy situation if you ask me and I am glad that you are going to be able to remedy it. Having the site go down was a terrible shock to my system! I think others felt the same!

Either / or???? Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Ditto

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:This Montauk material, whenever it resurfaces, always manages to make my teeth ache from all the grinding that I do.
I'm with Elizabeth on this one: stuff like this makes my head hurt, my feet stink -- and challenges my faith in Jesus.

Isn't that how the Jimmy Buffett song goes?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Griffin
Senior Officer

Auld Lang Syne!

Post by Griffin »

Twigsnapper-

Auld Lang Syne!

Your recollection of Townsend Brown further confirms my initial deep sense of him at our one and only physical meeting. That one meeting was exactly what I needed, in many ways, at the time. I knew at the end of it that it was and would have to be sufficient. Townsend Brown was seventy-five years old at the time, and I was amazed to learn in the course of our conversation how involved and busy he still was with his research. An assumption might be made that you couldn’t learn much about a person in a day-long meeting. But when the person was someone like Townsend Brown and the primary subject matter to be discussed was already settled and of prime importance, then it can be quite beyond ordinary assumptions. I’ve reflected on Townsend Brown, his work and its interconnectedness, many times over the years. What I’ve encountered recently in Paul’s book and in the forums has confirmed and expanded what I already knew and intuited about Townsend. Incidentally, I would refer to him as Dr. Brown as many of you do except that it seems too formal. It would be, to me, like addressing my favorite Uncle Fred by some formal title, however much he may have deserved it. That’s the kind of relationship I felt that Townsend and I established in our relatively short physical contact. I hope no one assumes that I am not showing proper and thorough respect. Please believe me when I say it’s the total opposite of lack of respect. I will refer to him more formally in my book.

Louis Pauwels relates Jacques Bergier’s rather brief meeting at a Paris laboratory with a man he believed to be the renowned alchemist Fulcanelli. At the end of the seemingly short encounter, Bergier understood Fulcanelli’s deepest concerns about alchemy and energy. The atomic bombings of two Japanese cities at the end of WWII confirmed these concerns. When Bergier came into possession of a quantity of German uranium, he would tell people that, with a relatively minor addition to it, he could destroy all of Paris. While some people might have thought he was joking, he was certainly being deadly serious in communicating the horrific dangers and responsibility of the possession of the secrets of atomic energy, echoing Fulcanelli’s warnings from 1937. I think Bergier’s understanding and appreciation of Fulcanelli, his thinking and his work – although they had only met once -- were deepened and progressively confirmed as the years went by.

Yes, some people we remember well – and respectfully and fondly. And our remembrances can deepen our understanding.

I hope what I have said here may serve as some satisfaction for Mikado’s curiosity. But, it may simply become “curiouser and curiouserâ€
Last edited by Griffin on Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

But... of course!

Post by Paul S. »

kevin.b wrote: My son had a read through before Christmas, he thinks I'm mad by the way.
Well of COURSE you're mad. We're ALL mad.

Isn't that what the Hatter said to Alice?

Or was it the other way around?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Auld Lang Syne!

Post by Mikado14 »

Griffin wrote: Incidentally, I would refer to him as Dr. Brown as many of you do except that it seems too formal. It would be, to me, like addressing my favorite Uncle Fred by some formal title, however much he may have deserved it. That’s the kind of relationship I felt that Townsend and I established in our relatively short physical contact. I hope no one assumes that I am not showing proper and thorough respect.
In 1975, I spent an evening with Gene Roddenberry. I still would not take the liberty of calling him other than Mr. Roddenberry even though he said to call him Gene as I did but just for the remainder of the conversation ( a little more than an hour). However, I find that Mr. Twigsnapper even uses the term "Dr. Brown", but then he didn't have only an afternoon, just a good portion of his life. When someone loves and admires another, respect comes easier than impressing another.
Griffin wrote:I hope what I have said here may serve as some satisfaction for Mikado’s curiosity. But, it may simply become “curiouser and curiouserâ€
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Hah!

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:
Either / or???? Elizabeth
Touche'

Not even one whole day into the new year and already I'm of to a bad start!

Hehehehe...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

shoulda put

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I shoulda put a <g> at the end of that comment, just so you would understand that it was done with a smile .... heheheh. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Paul S,
I think it was the cat?
Alice said to the cat
" But I don't want to go amongst mad people."
"O'h,You can't help that.", said the cat;" we're all mad here, I'm mad,You're mad"
"How do you know I'm mad " said Alice.
" You must be", said the cat, "or you wouldn't have come here"

So were are all mad ?, anyone warm , with what happened in Aug 58?
Its driving me mad.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Cat, Cheshire

Post by Paul S. »

kevin.b wrote: I think it was the cat?
Alice said to the cat
" But I don't want to go amongst mad people."
"O'h,You can't help that.", said the cat;" we're all mad here, I'm mad,You're mad"
"How do you know I'm mad " said Alice.
" You must be", said the cat, "or you wouldn't have come here"
Yes, that's the scene I was thinking of. I have the book on a shelf, but it's up stairs and I'm downstairs and was feeling to lazy to make the ascent. Thanks for digging it out for me.
So were are all mad ?, anyone warm , with what happened in Aug 58?
Its driving me mad.
It is SOoooo comforting to know I'm not alone down here!

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"