Chapter 73: Something Happened

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 73: Something Happened

Post by Paul S. »

Yes, I know, it's a lot to digest in a single week, but here's a chapter I've been thinking about since September:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... pened.html

And... whaddya know? It's.... THURSDAY!

So, on that note...

Merry Christmas or Happy Whatever You're Having,

--PS

(and I'm off to see "Golden Compass" this afternoon...)
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

beat me!

Post by Victoria Steele »

Damn! I was going to remark how good I was being ... seeing as it was Thursday and all and there it is and I am going to go and read it now!

Enjoy The Golden Compass. Don't miss the beginning. " Dust" ... All I could think of was Townsend Brown!. Enjoy the afternoon I am sure that you have more than earned it! Now going to read!!! Thanks Paul!!!

ps. Holy Shit. What happened? What could possibly have been so important to rip his family and especially his little girl away from a home that she obviously loved and they OWNED. Borrowing your phrase Paul WTF, WTF?!!!!!!!! Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Exxxxcellent !

Post by Paul S. »

(rubbing his hands together and twisting his mustache...)
Victoria Steele wrote: Borrowing your phrase Paul WTF, WTF?!!!!!!!! Victoria
Just the reaction I was hoping for.

As the Emperor Palatine said, "Everything is going precisely as I have foreseen...."

(insert sinister laugh here...)

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Radomir
Senior Cadet

Another organization?

Post by Radomir »

This from Morgan leads me to contemplate something I'd never considered before:
However, in August of 1958 something major happened which changed his course suddenly and drew him almost immediately into the organization that I now call home. As in my situation, this move was encouraged by old ties put together initially by the Caroline Group. Again details will slowly follow…
One could infer from the above that the organization Morgan (and thus Mr. Twigsnapper) are part of is a separate, distinct organization from the Caroline Group proper? Or is it a subset -- thinking here of their references to the Russian group having splintered off.

I echo Victoria somewhat in wonderment as to what would call TTB to pull up stakes so suddenly. It seems given what Paul has written he was --if not going into the black-- at least headed into the gray.

The Bahanson notes you have included--the frustration is palpable and never have I read it* so clearly and succinctly put. Another man to admire for his vision, dedication and insightful intelligence, and to regret not having known in person. The two of them in the lab must have been a good team.

Thanks for the last two chapters, Paul. That photo of Linda on the horse is so expressive of her spirit, just wonderful. And as someone who has lived almost a decade in NC (and worked for two years in Winston-Salem), I found the details about the landscape and the people incredibly dear and familiar.

R.

* On edit: By "it" here, I mean the frustration around the barriers of official canon, "accepted science," perception, belief and acceptance that has plagued scientific visionaries and genius innovators since Galileo and before. See, even in my attempt I'm not able to put it as succinctly as Bahanson did.
Last edited by Radomir on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

subsets?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I think that caught my attention too Radomir. The phrase " Drew him almost immediately into the organization I now call home."

No, we are not talking the Caroline Group here. This is something else. A position in one of the organizations that are being mentioned here? The NSA? (Well, they would certainly have been where a fellow with Morgans language skills would have gone. But we have been talking too about satellites so that would have been the NRO, but I don't think they came into existence until a few years later .... I could be wrong there. Thats the big ticket ... simply knowing what the organization was that Morgan considered his " home")

I am remembering your lecture in Vegas and how you had all of those alphabet soup intelligence agencies arranged and there was one in the center, bigger than the others... outstanding in its prominence. Was that intentional on your part Paul? Do you already know where Morgan called " home"? I won't go there unless you do.

I wouldn't have known exactly how someone would have been " drawn into" a certain position without reading that bit about Gordon Gray ( his interview) It seems that one thing leads to another and in his case .... you are ... whatever he ended up being. Its called the ladder of success I guess, you start at the lower rung and pretty soon you are right up there advising the president. Or ... whatever. I know already just from the description of the helicopter trip that Linda took with Morgan a couple of years ago ( His chopper on the ground, another on circling) that this man is no lightweight and I don't think that he is the head of the Boy Scouts of America. Anyway .... he has told you right there what organization Dr. Brown was headed for so I will leave it at that ... or for someone else.

Frankly, I really like the man. He says " Again, details will follow" and you seemed disappointed but notice that he also used the word SLOWLY. So maybe some of the work that you are doing now will bring more of those details in your direction. He , after all, did not say that it was going to happen overnight! I have said it before but I don't know how much more heart this book can have.

I picture that little girl running out of her school crying for the things that she knows she will be leaving behind and my heart absolutely breaks for her. So, did they have to sell the horse that she just got? Somehow I dont think he would have done that to her, not that horse. So did the horse have to pack up too? MarkC
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi:

Yeah Paul, I am also intrigued with what was done about Beauty. Does Linda carry any resentment these days about her "move around" childhood?

What an idyllic place to leave. The business about naming the fish in the pond is priceless. Has anybody talked with her former friends in Walkerville to delve into their memories of those nine months ? Linda would have been twelve at the time if I'm not mistaken. What a lovely girl, and apparently mature for her age. But moving around a lot when young sometimes does that to you.

Your tying of the Brown family's reality to world events also is an excellent thing for you to pursue, for we certainly know now that TTB's work was considered to be important for world-wide security. Of course with the deployment of a technology as powerful as the network of sets, the capabilities that the system lends to anyone participating in it are mind boggling.

Such a system certainly negates the selfish tendencies of nation states since everyone's actions are automatically transparent to everyone else. Interesting that this deployment ran parallel to the computerization of the Intelligence networks during the Eisenhower years. Did one follow the other, or was the development of both systems "concidental" on purpose do you think?

Thanks for the holiday gift Paul.

flow....:wink:
Dancing is better than marching
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

This happened in August 1958,
http://nuclearweaponarchive.org/Usa/Tests/Argus.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Argus

I keep seeing more each time I read those lab notes, page 140 matchs what I brought up to the front again yesterday, when I rambled on about the moon, and Elizabeth called me Kebin.
Maybe I knew this chapter was going to show that again?

Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I hope you are watching this something that has happened?
http://giuseppepetralia.interfree.it/17pholmes.htm
kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

wore off the letters

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I am so sorry Kevin that I misspelled your name/ I should have seen that but I guess that I was typing too fast and thinking too slow! You see I didn't realize it but I had typed the letters right off my keyboard and when I reached for the v I must have strayed over to the b and then just not noticed. Everyone deserves to have his name typed properly! I just got another keyboard so lets see how long this one lasts! Elizabeth
James Barrett

space dust

Post by James Barrett »

http://www.plasmas.org/space-plasmas.htm

I just happened across this patch of information and a couple of things reached out for my attention. I will post what I was reading. If no one else sees it, then we can ignor it I guess and maybe my mind is just getting too filled with strange stories ... notice the comment ... space dust ..... in there somewhere.

" NASA Lewis Research Center, Cleveland, Ohio
space plasma environmental effects, high voltage space power system interactions with ionospheric plasma, arc suppression, plasma source testing, solar array plasma environment testing, sputtering, arcing and current-collection testing, insulating and coatings plasma compatibility testing, electron beam and sputtering of metals and insulators for coatings and electrical contacts, experiments: space flight experiments, plasma interaction facility PIF, thermal and electron beam evaporator and radiofrequency (RF) sputtering lab

The Electric Propulsion Laboratory, NASA Lewis Research Center Cleveland, Ohio
electric propulsion systems, resistojets, arcjets, ion thrusters, Hall effect thrusters, pulsed plasma thrusters, space environment simulation chambers, Deep Space 1 mission, experiments: two large space environment chambers (15 foot diam by 65 ft; 25 foot diam by 70 ft with vacuum cabability down to 10-6 torr) ........................................... JDB
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

Hi James (and all),

I'll be over at the NASA center on Thursday. Are there any specific questions you'd like me to ask ?
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
James Barrett

questions

Post by James Barrett »

No, Andrew. You have been in this a very long time. I trust the questions that you might come up with will be the questions that need to be asked, and maybe answered. JDB
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

question?

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I have a couple!

I was watching a " meteor shower" the other day and realized suddenly while I was observing it that "it" wasn't as much " hitting us" ... roaring in and taking aim at Earth but that Earth was just magnificently passing through its own particular debris field.

So that in mind. Are we headed now for a particularly strong " debris field" ... a "plasma field" in the near future. When? That I would like to know and it sounds just the right place to ask. Thanks. And again JDB, as before, your timing is wonderful. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
If you allow yourself to think anew about metiorites?
Try to percieve them as created, not debris, created as everything is, at localities of concentrated space.
Then as they encounter the electrical field of a large mass, they dissolve electrically into the field of the large mass, thus overloading specific areas of incoming space charge.

Thus the areas where there are more so called debris, is where a higher density of space is to be found, which is where I percieve this system around the sun is headed.

Your typo calling me Kebin brought up a fond memory of when I was called that , in the mid fifties , I didn't utter a word until nearly five, when I did, I was years behind my age group, Kebin must have been how it sounded when I said my name.
I liked it when I was Kebin.
Kevin
fibonacci is king