Chapter 72: First We Build A Fire

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Griffin
Senior Officer

wobble

Post by Griffin »

Paul-

The only wobbling that I'm aware of Adamski noting in respect to the bell-shaped scout craft was when it was hovering in the ravine area at the base of Eagle Mountain during the November 20, 1952 encounter he describes in Flying Saucers Have Landed. He attributed the wobble to the desert wind gusts: "Some of the gusts of wind were pretty strong and caused the ship to wobble at times." He did not claim to witness its descent.

As ever,

Griffin
Griffin
Senior Officer

posting wobble

Post by Griffin »

When a glitch occurs in the postings, as I experienced at least once, perhaps it can be called a wobble.

Griffin
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

no ding on that grade

Post by Mark Culpepper »

That " Gray" character stands out like an open manhole. You don't really see it until you have stepped into it. You said that Bahnson left this notation:

Bearing in mind national security and expenditures as well as world security*, however, I hope to announce our progress and plans to Gordon Gray this coming Sat. Jan 11, 1958 for his information and council and suggestions or direction.

My thought here is this happens to be a " crumb" that was unintentionally left behind. My feeling is that there WAS a later meeting and all trace of that has been wiped clean but somehow someone missed this. Its a telling bunch of words and very important, as JDB has pointed out. Something is definitely afoot here. " Announce our progress?" To a fellow like Gray? All I can figure is that they already knew each other, perhaps from North Carolina ties ... even family associations , maybe even a social group. ORRRRRRR the thought just struck me. Maybe it was through this Gordon Gray that Bahnson found out about Dr. Brown in the first place/ Streets go both ways remember?

Late here and awful weather and I am not going anywhere it looks like tomorrow so I am hanging out and reading this. So many damned questions but you all must know when you start knocking on " The Adamski saucer" you are knocking on an image from my boyhood.

I wasn't the one with the obsession over the design. My brother was the one who plastered that " Scout ship" photo all over our walls and he would have built models of it too if it had been available at the time. Don't know what it was about it. He was really convinced the thing was more than real. Maybe, looking back on it now. Maybe he was right. I expect some input from him on this any day.

But there are so many strange connections between Dr. Brown and that Adamski design. There are the drawings that were done for him .... the model that someone made for the experiment you pictured ( in that tube of oil?) That damned thing could have been the thing that was pictured in Adamskis book. It is identical from what I have seen. So this is back to confusing again. Front to back, back to front. which came first the chicken etc.

And now we have Agnew Bahnson speaking of National Security and ushering in an esteemed character such as Gordon Gray. Hello Folks! The big boys have arrived! Where is the NSA during all of this? Did it even exist yet? You can't ever convince me that Dr. Brown didn't know that would happen. In fact. I think if you look hard enough you might even see his hand in this somewhere. I just can't quite see it yet. But I have this feeling ..........

what is happening now I wonder .... where will he go next? Bahnson is talking about going public with this all but actually all he really was able to do is write a book about a golden ship named the Argonaut and title it " The Stars Are Too High" and then he flys his own into a set of power lines. It might be that it was, as I think his family would prefer to believe, pilot error. If so. What a shame...........I think that man wanted to really fly a saucer and I think he might have made a damned good pilot for one.

My only suggestion in all of this is to watch the path of the fox everybody because I have a feeling that pretty soon its going to get awfully hard to keep track of......... Am I the only one that is getting this feeling of impending darkness?

Great work Paul! As always! I REALLY want to see what you have to say next because this is getting really more fascinating than ever. MarkC
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

more connections

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

This is an interesting connection of names and faces

http://www.padrak.com/ine/TTB_EGP.html

Heres just a snippet from this and we have all seen this from other threads maybe but its worth looking at again in light of Pauls last chapter.

"A proposal to establish at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill,
N.C., an 'Institute of Pure Physics' primarily to carry on theoretical
research on gravity was approved earlier this month by the University's
board of trustees. This had the approval of Dr. Gordon Gray who has since
retired as president of the University. Dr. Gray has been Secretary of the
Army, Assistant Secretary of Defence, and special assistant to the
President of the United States.

FUNDS COLLECTED: Funds to make the institute possible were collected by
Agnew H. Bahnson jr., an industrialist of Winston Salem, N.C. The new
University of North Carolina administration is now deciding on the
institute's scope and personnel. The directorship has been offered to Dr.
Bryce S. Dewitt of the Radiation Laboratories at the University of
California at Berkeley, who is the author of a Roger Babson prize-winning
scientific study entitled, 'New Directions for Research in the Theory of
Gravity.'

The same type of scientific disagreement which occurred in connection with
the first proposals to build the hydrogen bomb and an artificial earth
satellite -now under construction - is in progress over anti-gravity
research. Many scientists of repute are sure that gravity can be overcome
in comparatively few years if sufficient resources are put behind the
project. Others believe it may take a quarter of a century or more"

Dewitt... Gordon Gray.... Agnew Bahnson .... and the kid in the middle of this .... still hunting for his decoder ring .... Townsend Brown.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

and then this

Same source mentions William Lear

William P. Lear, inventor and chairman of the board of Lear, Inc., one of
the nation's largest electronics firms specializing in aviation, for months
has been going over new developments and theories relating to gravity with
his chief scientists and engineers.

Mr. Lear in 1950 received the Collier Trophy from the President of the
United States 'for the greatest achievement in aviation in America' through
developing a light-weight automatic pilot and approach control system for
jet fighter planes. He is convinced that it will he possible to create
artificial 'electro-gravitational fields whose huge polarity can be
controlled to cancel out gravity.'

He told this correspondent: 'All the (mass) materials and human beings
within these fields will be part of them. They will be adjustable so as to
increase or decrease the weight of any object in its surroundings. They
won't be affected by the earth's gravity or that of any celestial body.

'This means that if any person was in an anti-gravitational airplane or
space ship that carried along its own gravitational field - no matter how
fast you accelerated or changed course - your body wouldn't any more feel
it than it now feels the speed of the earth.'

If you memorize those words you will see them quoted over and over and over from different people but the source was here. From the man the FBI called " A man named Lehr" .

Thankyou JDB for that lead. Elizabeth
Gewis
Junior Birdman

Post by Gewis »

Very good, Elizabeth. It's really interesting to see that Dewitt, whom Bahnson had just complained about, ended up as the head of the new gravity research facility funded by Bahnson at the university headed by Gray. That's a lot of stuff going on.

Paul, this chapter was well written, but I think in light of this information that's popped out, I'm looking forward to seeing your re-write mentioned earlier in this thread. Gray was former National Security Adviser and former Secretary of the Army, and was supposedly deep in the UFO and MJ-12 stuff. Apparently he was the face of the military interest in Brown's flame jet generator, wasn't he? What connection might he have had to the Caroline Group?

Twigsnapper, I know you won't reveal connections and individual roles where you don't need to, but I really wonder about the Caroline Group. It's already come out that the Caroline Group "split" with the western side and the Russian side with the onset of the Cold War. How many other covert international groups do you suppose there are? How much overlap is there? And since, if there is more than Caroline, and they'd all be secretive, how aware of each other might they have been? Or be? Did you ever bump into strange things in the dark that your group knew nothing of?
"If we knew what we were doing, it wouldn't be called research!" -Einstein
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

This is truly awesome.

Time and time again as I followed up by tethering my trusty Mac to Google, taking hints and key words from Paul and everyone else, I found stuff sitting there that is highly provenanced, indisputable and confirmatory. It has added to my knowledge in specific areas and has led me down avenues which seem unconnected to the story here, are in fact relevant. I have found eg that the primary targets for the atomic bombings of Japan were centres of organisation for Japan's bio chem armoury. (Nagasaki was a secondary target). (Hiroshima Prefecture - 50 kms from the city is an island on which the Japanese produced their chemical weapons) (It itself was never bombed and was recovered intact, US took the data, the Aussies disposed of the gas at sea). *

And now we have all this concrete stuff. Its a rich vein and Elizabeth has put some great stuff up.

Gray.

I'll be digging.

Im with Flow on the Government take. In 1959, as a link I posted last chapter shows, the flame jet generator was subject in a paper on advanced drives for military applications. Im still digesting all this.

In any case, let me assure you all that the stuff here and the consequent net discoveries continue to stun an academic friend of mine to such an extent I have to dole it out slowly to him.

* and there's a black story Flow.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: and then this

Post by Langley »

http://www.mphpa.org/classic/JRO/MPP-181.htm

"J. Robert Oppenheimer on Trial
Photo: P-181 (Gordon Gray)

This is a photo of Gordon Gray, the Chairman of the Personnel Security Board of the AEC. Prior to this he had been Secretary of the Army and President of the University of North Carolina. Although he was a decent and well respected man, he allowed himself to be swayed by the egomaniac, Lewis Strauss."

PLEASE tell me this isnt the same dude. Please dont let it be. He was into psyops, the black art of creating happy downwinders, the type of guy Brown would have wanted to take on over the Florida Cesium incident.

The type of guy who wrote letters to mums who complained about radiogenic illness in their children which said in fact "be proud of your sacrifice in the war against communism".

Trouble with that was, for the US downwinders, the bombs were Teller and Cos.

Had the Russians doen the deeds, Moscow would be carbonsied cinders. But because the AEC did it, they were heroes????

If it is the same guy, then everything EVERYTHING Brown and Brahnson did and shared with him would have gone BLACK. At a time when black was white and white was black. I dont like this at all.

Im emailing my Professor friend to get the goods on this dude.
Trickfox
The Magician

Quick thanks

Post by Trickfox »

Paul

This is one of the very best technical exposure of the more advanced Brown electrohydrodynamic technology. Finally people are going to begin to see the difference between lifters and Flame jet electric generators. We are now talking about voltages way above 100 kilovolt.

There is a lot more to say but I have some work to do.

This is just a quick thanks for including those stunning images in this chapter.

Trickfox
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth helen Drake,
A couple of names jumped out at me, the first was Birdseye, I have been delving into him, he's the sort that can SEE things, no wonder about the family name?
He will have been the one to make it happen.
The other name is again a strange personal thing, it is university of North Carolina.
My son attended there, on an exchange thing when he was at cardiff university, He's at Leeds now , a never ending student, at 34.
He encountered a problem, that was fraternities, we didn't know about them.
Circles within circles, ever so meaningfull to me.
He was not in a fraternity, so he had a problem, especially as the girls liked him.
The fraternities may be under the radar as such with all of this, if you are not in the circle, then you have a problem.
Throw one of your red flags down on Birdseye, just a hunch.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Griffin
Senior Officer

What's to like?

Post by Griffin »

Langley-

QUOTE:
"At a time when black was white and white was black. I dont like this at all."

COMMENT
Yes, what's to like? Between black and white is Gray. He's the man, like it or not. We're seeing more of the underside of that time period. Gray's involvement in "intelligence" work was honed in WWII. What was witnessed in Europe as a result of Fascist totalitarianism gone berserk undoubtedly confirmed him in his belief that almost anything was acceptable in the fight against Communist totalitarianism. Certainly a slippery slope rationale from the present perspective. But, as Twigsnapper has said, those were the times. This mindset still exists. It's tragic but understandable, in the context of "we're only human" and The Day The Earth Stood Still. It will take a whole different worldwide paradigm to wash this laundry clean, and fortunately this new paradigm is increasingly on the scene.

"But why don't they land on the White House (substitute your power center of choice) lawn?" Because, as Townsend Brown said, they know.

As ever,

Griffin
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

first we will build a fire

Those words ... about building a fire .... in the cold and approaching darkness...... With vestiges of a creeping coldness all around ... things that need to be repaired against the coming wind ... things that need to be swept away from the past .... a gathering around the warmth and light of a fire .... thats exactly what we are all doing right now. And every time Paul posts another chapter the fire gets warmer and brighter and things for the future (which have always been there for us ... waiting for us )... become easier to see.

An early morning thought.

I am just so very proud of Pauls efforts and the responses that his words are generating through this forum.

All of you are wonderful ...... and I have a feeling that no matter how scarey the world might get out there, everything will be alright.

How can you go wrong with jonquils and ducks? Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

jopnquils and ducks?

Post by Victoria Steele »

I adore your optimistic attitude Elizabeth and I know that you come by it naturally. Those of us who are familiar with your posts will always find that beacon of light and hope when we get cynical and nasty with each other. So I appreciate knowing that you are still there, hanging in with us and that you see clearly that warm sunny spring with the flowers and ducks. Forgive me but its my nature. You keep your eye on that vision and I will watch out for the goose. Victoria.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

watching for the goose

Victoria,

Laughing here! Always nice to know that someone is watching out for my backside! Nothing can be worse in a barnyard than a loose goose! Thanks Victoria!

Langley. I have a suggestion as you search for information on this Gordon Gray ( which I REALLY appreciate and thank you for doing. I figured with his connection with the AEC that your ears would come up) A favor for me, please. Pay CLOSE attention to what this man was doing almost on a month to month basis from about 1956 through 1960. I really can't stress how important this might be.

It may be that the things that you uncover will enlighten Paul in his travel down this path. I know that the slant that you have on things is decidedly different than we might develop because of your experience, your location , and your passion for this material. So you might see a crumb that we might miss.

( And this request is out there for all of you ... Mikado, kevin, Trickfox, Flow, Andrew .... Griffin, Gewis , MarkC... Victoria .... and those of you who I have not mentioned! EVERYONE who has responded to this subject. Thank you so very much!)

I am just invested in the thought right now that 1958 is building up to be a major turning point for alot of things, many chess peices are in action all at once and its going to take all of the good eyes that are out there to help this story accurately report on it.

Elizabeth
Griffin
Senior Officer

Perspective

Post by Griffin »

Elizabeth-

A wonderful perspective.

Townsend Brown knew how to make the best of things. I deeply sensed this about him, and it's being more and more confirmed through reading his biography. An interesting question: Why did someone with such positive and life affirming dedication -- who would rather be killed than kill someone -- involve himself so deeply in the Black and Gray world?

For one thing, I think there wasn't too much choice. But beyond that I think he saw clearly that, for all the flaws and excesses, the democratic way was worth preserving at great sacrifice. He knew that for the new paradigm to be nurtured, and eventually take hold, the alternative to totalitarianism and tyranny had to be protected and nurtured. So, he was willing to cooperate in that effort but -- unlike some others -- he had his limits. As Langley has pointed out, America is still an open society in contrast to so many and what we are experiencing on these forums is reflective of that openness which is now a world wide web phenomenon.

As someone close to me used to say: “They did the best they could with the tools they had.â€