Chapter 72: First We Build A Fire

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Just Checking In

Post by Mikado14 »

Paul S. wrote: JDB continuing to lob info-bombs over the fence from his undisclosed location.
Yes he does lob them over the fence, through the window, the door and yet you wonder what crystal ball he is using.
Paul S. wrote:Mikado trying to smoke him out.
I don't smoke....any more but I would bet that he did at times. I doubt I will ever smoke him out but then, "the game is always afoot....Watson", and people slip and I only need a toe but then I believe what he gives the forum only helps to further the story, in other words, helps you, Paul. Guess that means no travelling, right Mr. Twigsnapper? Let the dog sleep.
Paul S. wrote:Twigsnapper blowing away the smoke from the info bombs.
When his landing gear is functioning <g>
Paul S. wrote:Submarines and satellites (and the Plymouth Fury!), caterpillar drives and the flame jet generator.

There is only one other person I mentioned what JDB mentioned and that was months ago. He is either that person, knows that person or if he plucked that out of his ***, then he knows more than what he claims that he doesn't know??....did I say that right?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mikado 14,
Pot calling the kettle black ?
Who are thee?

Does it matter if you are talking to the invisible man, if you can see him or not?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

cars and stuff

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

You guys are great! and I am tempted to join in the conversation here, And believe me ... I could .... but I'll just repeat a great line I just heard from a current movie. "Ya Gonna drive it? Or buy it a dress? " <g> Elizabeth
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

kevin.b wrote:Mikado 14,
Pot calling the kettle black ?
Who are thee?

Does it matter if you are talking to the invisible man, if you can see him or not?
Kevin

Kevin,

I don't think so in answer to your question. A good amount of info as to my background has been posted. About the only items remaining that are not known is my name, my address, my phone number, my hair color, eye color, height/weight and a few other incidental items.

Tell you what, I 'll give a little more, my blood type is O Positive.

In jest,

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

just flow with it everyone
grin :lol:
like flowperson, we just need to dance here instead of marching

Trickfox
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mikado14,
It is a peculier aspect of this internet world, that we don't really know first hand whom we are conversing with.

But our instincts are still operating to constantly evalute and determine the thoughts and attitudes of others.
My instincts say You are OK, though you sure want the order of things.

My instincts also inform me of others, especially if I concentrate upon them.
The instant JDB appeared, I smiled.
For someone to appear invisible, will require that person to be able to manipulate the condition that creates light, Tesla KNEW he could alter that condition locally, it is this condition IMHO that Dr Brown was manipulating, therefore You may need to be able to talk with the invisible man.

As this is all outside of the normally accepted ordered laws that you have manfully mastered, such as yourself will have a bigger mountain to hurdle.

And one of those hurdles will be been able to recognise the invisible man, its easy , if you utilise the available senses that are mostly dormant.
I am daily raising those senses, no way have I mastered them yet, remember that there is no light in space, and thats where we are going .

How are you going to know where you are?

kevin
fibonacci is king
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

An Answer

Post by Mikado14 »

kevin.b wrote: Mikado14,
It is a peculier aspect of this internet world, that we don't really know first hand whom we are conversing with.

But our instincts are still operating to constantly evalute and determine the thoughts and attitudes of others.
My instincts say You are OK, though you sure want the order of things.
You are, from your frame of reference, probably correct in that I wish to have the order of things. Perhaps it is to better understand the direction you are arriving from or to see the plane of reality that you exist upon.
kevin.b wrote:My instincts also inform me of others, especially if I concentrate upon them.
The instant JDB appeared, I smiled.
When anyone new appears on the forum, I tend to view them from the attitude of Morgan....what is their agenda? Again, I will ask a lot of questions to understand their direction just as I have done with you at times.
kevin.b wrote:For someone to appear invisible, will require that person to be able to manipulate the condition that creates light, Tesla KNEW he could alter that condition locally, it is this condition IMHO that Dr Brown was manipulating, therefore You may need to be able to talk with the invisible man.

As this is all outside of the normally accepted ordered laws that you have manfully mastered, such as yourself will have a bigger mountain to hurdle.

And one of those hurdles will be been able to recognise the invisible man, its easy , if you utilise the available senses that are mostly dormant.
I am daily raising those senses, no way have I mastered them yet, remember that there is no light in space, and thats where we are going .
Kevin, I believe that you need to read what you have written in the above paragraph. You have jumped to an enormous conclusion in that; one, you have assumed, due to my questioning nature in regard to established science for explanations of what you see as well as what David was attempting to say as being grounded in this physical plane; two, you again assume that there are senses that are dormant within me. Is this because I cannot sense ley lines without a dowsing rod? Perhaps I sense other things that you cannot. Perhaps I can see what is coming and there is a "Method to my madness" and then perhaps I am just bullshitting you. Perhaps there are senses that permit one to view others as long as you have the correct compass or perhaps there are methods for one to step out of time and then again perhaps I am still bullshitting you. Perhaps there are senses that permit someone to heal the astral body and thus reflect into the physical body and again, perhaps, I am still bullshitting. Perhaps the most important sense would be to view the akashic and see what was, is and will be and again, perhaps I am bullshitting you.

A little story.....about 25 years ago, I needed to be instructed into certain knowledge. After a period of time I came to the realization that the student becomes the master and I informed my teacher of this. They took offense in that they "assumed" that I was saying that they were not a master. My meaning was that students become masters but will always remain a student. There are always hurdles no matter who you are and what you know.

I hope you take this in a positive way for I am attempting to be serious. Please don't be so quick to judge me for I might just turnout to be something entirely different than what you are looking at and then perhaps I am only allowing you to see one side and I keep turning so that all you see is the one side.....and then again, perhaps I am bullshitting.
kevin.b wrote:How are you going to know where you are?
By using those senses that I have and will learn but then, perhaps I am bullshitting again.......a really, really true either/or scenario.

Mikado
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Who? Me?

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote: I note Paul that you are doing the "answering a question with a question "too. ( Don't we own the day too?)
Did I really do that?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Two important lessons I have learned in this life:

1.There is order and there is disorder. That is the nature of the universe. One may change into the other in a random fashion in a moment. Looking for the causes of the transformations are usually fruitless. Hence the human conundrum.

2. Your eyes may gleam and your teeth may glitter.
But you can't bullshit, and old bullshitter.

I'd like to say that this is an old Italian proverb. Not sure. At least it was told to me by an Italian friend from Crooklyn.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

flowperson wrote:Two important lessons I have learned in this life:

1.There is order and there is disorder. That is the nature of the universe. One may change into the other in a random fashion in a moment. Looking for the causes of the transformations are usually fruitless. Hence the human conundrum.

2. Your eyes may gleam and your teeth may glitter.
But you can't bullshit, and old bullshitter.

I'd like to say that this is an old Italian proverb. Not sure. At least it was told to me by an Italian friend from Crooklyn.

Mr. Flow,

I see that Nevada is still with us <g>

As to bullshit, it grows good vegetables and great roses!

ergo, bullshit can be good.

Mikado
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Right you are my brother. It all depends upon how it is applied and worked into the medium being fertilized, eh ?

flow.... :roll:
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Dancing in the bullshit here.........
man it gets slipery
Trickfox
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

Trickfox wrote:Dancing in the bullshit here.........
man it gets slipery
Trickfox
some mention has been made of "Fast Back" cars

Here s rear engined air cooled Fasty from the forties. Cruised at 100 mph. Has swing axles all round.
http://www.tatra.demon.nl/

Has a huge fuel tank over the front axle.

Relevance to Chapter title: 5%
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

relevance

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Langley,

Hope you had a good holiday.

While we are waiting for the next chapter its actually fun watching you guys talk about cars.

I think the ladies on the forum might surprise regarding their understanding of cars. Victoria? Grady? LindaB? any car stories?

Paul likes his Pick up .... 49 Chevy, of course

Trying to think if Dr. Brown ever owned a pickup. No I don't think so, but I understand that he did drive a 3/4 ton rated Taylor Dunn pickup ( electric) on Catalina Island and also sported about in a " Hawaiian Blue" two seater Marketeer (electric.) All the transportation that the Browns had while on Catalina. Ideal situation as long as you only have to sport about a small town.

Me, I am partial to a 1968 Mercury Cougar I just got a few months ago ... needs an engine of course but a complete " California car" as they like to brag around here ( which means that it just doesn't have the rust pockets eastern cars have.) Going to be a great car someday ..... you know, its a "someday" project.

Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

This vehicle was at least twenty years ahead of its time. Excellent film also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Tucker_Sedan