Chapter 72: First We Build A Fire

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

flowperson wrote:This vehicle was at least twenty years ahead of its time. Excellent film also.

flow.... :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Tucker_Sedan

Right on!! I have the film. Note that scene when Tucker walks into court and passes a big poster of Tesla on the wall?

Hold that Tiger!
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: relevance

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Langley,

Hope you had a good holiday.

Elizabeth
Hi elizabeth yea, it was good to see Dad. Hate flying, but once Im up in the air
the glass elevator to the depature lounge (1 floor) didnt seem so terrifying.

Now for something completely different. Steve Sugarman is at Oak Ridge REA/CTS. This link might fill you in on radiation detection. He's the guy to email re filmbadgedosimetersradiationdetectors. He knows where the gaps go.

http://www.remm.nlm.gov/civilian.htm
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

perhaps come forward

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Thanks Langley for that link.

What I suppose would be the largest help would be to have someone (who actually worked at the Decker Lab during that time span) step forward and say ..." yes, I remember those things being sewn into the lab coat too ."... and then we might get a better description of what was being used. If it was anything at all available to the outside public I am sure that your link here certainly would know about it.

So, anybody out there fitting that description ( working at Decker Lab during the summer of 1966? Remember having to sign in at the guard shack? reading this now? Can you talk about your experiences at the Decker Lab in Bala Cynwyd during the summer of 1966? Do you remember the white lab coats? Do you remember Building Number Four? Ever see the big loudspeaker in operation? Any stories out there maybe of meeting a scientist and his staff having a picnic under that big tree? Does someone out there remember his /her Mom or Dad working there?

Please let us know either here or directly to Paul. Thanks Everybody!

And while I am knocking on this particular door . There was also a young gentleman who worked with Dr. Brown during the time span that Dr. Brown and his family was living at Ashlawn during the summer of 1963-1964. Linda Brown has no memory of what was happening at Deckers at that time frame because she was a highschool student at the time and not that involved in her Dads work, but there was a young man who became Dr. Browns assistant during that time. As soon as I can find his name in my notes I will edit and add ... but if you happen to be reading this sir, could you please contact us? Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

being silent

Post by Mark Culpepper »

This is my take Elizabeth.

I think that there are probably some readers out there who know about the Decker Lab during that time frame. Any young lab worker would be about in their mid sixties or seventies by now. Hardly old by todays standards. And probably able to remember a whole lot.

And probably some of them would have a great interest in what has been written here. But you know ..... they probably will remain silent until they see the sway of things. Maybe they signed one of those little contracts ... you know what I mean ... one of those ..." never speak of this ... or because of national security you might find yourself in a nearby federal prison?".... but leaking a secret ..... and commenting on something that is already in print? Well, thats another situation.

Another reason probably that this book is important to get out there to the public. Who knows what sort of floodgate of information that might open for researchers in the future...

And the whole thing I am sure is agenda driven and maybe in a whole lot of different directions. But the story of the family still stands .... what they went through in the middle of all of this.

I think how very brave Josephine must have been during those years because uprooting yourself to follow your husbands career is not the easiest thing, even when you can talk about it but I wonder how much more difficult it was when she could not leave a forwarding address, stay in touch with her friends? I am assuming that she didn't. So she effectively just had her family. Amazing trust and faith in the future I believe. MarkC
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi...Remember the Women. How often have we heard this and from widely differing sources.?

I found this and it sums it up for me. Sorry it's a video Elizabeth. It seems so appropriate for the holidays in these frenzied times.

flow.... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Du5FguDSzE
Dancing is better than marching