Chapter 71: Missing Daddy

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

but thats the point

Post by twigsnapper »

If it wasn't supposed to do the work of a shortwave radio in the fifties, it wouldn't have looked like a shortwave radio in the fifties.

Does not mean that the things that you mentioned were ALL it was capable of.

But if Shortwave technology was not important at the time (or even later)it could have looked like a CB from Radioshack or a rock on someones shelf. twigsnapper
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

A pet!

Post by Victoria Steele »

I just realized in reading that last chapter that Paul made mention I think of one of the first pets that Linda had (this little kitten that used to go swimming with her.)

It made me feel good for her that she finally has something of her own. I imagine with all of the constant moves that it was impossible to have a pet until their move to Florida. And I wondered if perhaps this was an indication that Dr. Brown thought the family would be able to slow up a little in their travels? Of course, a cat is easier a traveling partner than a dog and certainly a horse. So for Linda its a good start!

We had "barn cats" which took care of the little varmits and the snakes. You kept sort of a " head count" of them and noticed the ones that were really colorful but none of them ended up pets/ "Pets" weren't really encouraged in our household. Animals had jobs. Even the smallest animal was a working beastie!

Does Linda ever get her own horse? And when does that happen? So far she has been just taking riding lessons.

Though the kid is pretty athletic. Sailing and swimming and canoeing! Takes after her father for sure. But no horses in Florida? Paul? Was she able to keep up with her riding lessons somewhere? Victoria
James Barrett

what diversions?

Post by James Barrett »

Paul,

I have been reading and rereading your chapter and find this one thing especially interesting. Maybe you don't know what Morgan might have meant by this statement, but I sure would like to find out.

"Meanwhile the whole Caroline Group, with Dr. Brown’s development, went into near deep hibernation while he spent five years discrediting his own work and setting up a diversion for future developments. Running a Laundry. Starting NICAP. At the same time doing "odd jobs" for the facility that he was aligning himself with (as the Russian counterparts of the Caroline Group were doing).

(You go on to ask these questions, but I have another one.) You said....

"Everything in that paragraph begs for clarification. Like: What “facilityâ€
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: what diversions?

Post by Paul S. »

I'm glad somebody picked up on this....
James Barrett wrote:So when he said "and setting up a diversion for future developments" what exactly is he talking about there? Seems to me that he is being really specific. Did you ever figure out what that " diversion " was ... exactly?

His involvement with NICAP? Seems to me a short term involvement, Running a Laundry? both of them to work well in protecting " future developments"? .I mean the laundry is not mentioned again. And he has stepped down from NICAP in just months so what is out there in existence to act as a disinformation ploy to protect " future developments ?"
I think you have picked up on one of the inconsistencies that makes this whole thing so... confounding. For the time being, I'm satisfied to accept these instances -- NICAP, the laundry -- as adequate descriptions of the diversions, flawed as they are; the real question to me is: if these are diversions, what are they diverting our attention FROM?

The answer depends on how diabolical your imagination can be. On one level, I think Morgan is saying that Dr. Brown was diverting attention away from his involvement with intelligence activities -- satellite recon, methinks, primarily -- although there is woefully little "open source" evidence to substantiate that conclusion.

Beyond that we get into the whole "squadron of secret anti-gravity craft hidden in a mountain in Nevada" thing, and of course there is even less to substantiate that.

Hence my reluctance to "ask questions for which I suspected there would be no answers...."
And Victoria. I liked the Golden Compass too.... I liked their airships and whoever picked a female hare to accompany Sam Elliot was a genius.
We saw "Enchanted" last week and it was thoroughly entertaining; there was a trailer for "Golden Compass," and while it looked a might "busy" it also looked intriguing. And I'll watch just about ANYTHING with Sam Elliot. So I think "Golden Compass" is on the docket for next weekend.

Returning from the Smokys this afternoon, back in the saddle in the morning.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

JDB,
Your comment about the spirit being within the body in this dimension touches upon what I consider most are missing.
That is that the whole system is composed of this substance , for want of a better word.
If therefore you desire to travel within this system, you will have to be as near it as possible, not just a machine.
We have almost totally divorced ourselves from everything else, arrogantly supposing we are superior, and this has led to materialism.
We view things as things, a rock is just a rock.
I tried to lead into this with the JOE CELL, he called it that because it was part of him, he seeded the cell, therefore it mirrows him, it will think as he thinks, react as he thinks.
I consider all is ONE, everything is merely a variant composition of the ONE.
If you inject a mere tiny piece of machine into yourself, eventually armies of defenders will destroy the invader, but if that implant was a mirrow of yourself, it would be accepted.
Imagine the satelites and rockets etc that are forced into space, I don't give them a long life span, I think space will dissolve them.

The method of mirrowing yourself will be through water , imo, or hydrogen specifically.
If they have downed crafts, I doubt if they will have thought of the craft ever having life?
The abundance of sightings seems to co-incide with nuclear , it may be that space itself abhors nuclear as an exact opposite of its role .
That role to me is to compress and coalesce, not the opposite.
I do not regard the sun as a nuclear furnace as they waffle on about, after all, who has been to check?
Unless we comprehend space, it is like pee-ing into the wind, a waste of time and ends up with you all smelly and wet.
Dr Brown said that he had found the nervous system of universe, thats how messages are sent about our bodies.
Just try to comprehend how we move about, who is the driver and navigator?, I consider its a matrix, and we are a consequence of the particuler condition here and now, and I think the condition is altering fast.
I desire to know this system that my rods align with, they align with whatever I THINK, so who is it thats thinking?
Kevin
Last edited by kevin.b on Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fibonacci is king
James Barrett

Sam Elliot and Companions

Post by James Barrett »

Kevin... your message came between. I don't know if you can get to see "Colden Compass" but you especially in this forum need to see it. You would understand that dimension because you see it now. Many here can not make that leap yet and when you watch the bright sparks flowing from space and funneling into individuals, I believe that you can see that as well as feel it. A magical show. No wonder that the Catholic Church is having a snit fit. JDB

Paul .....
Worth the ticket for the show, I agree. The man is always the real deal. Even in a fantasy.

Your words

"think you have picked up on one of the inconsistencies that makes this whole thing so... confounding. For the time being, I'm satisfied to accept these instances -- NICAP, the laundry -- as adequate descriptions of the diversions, flawed as they are; the real question to me is: if these are diversions, what are they diverting our attention FROM?"

And the question that comes to me is. Why do you need the specifics of the prey to recognize that there is a hunt going on? Seems to me when I see people like Mr. Twigsnapper marshalling forces to get something done, then it only makes sense that looking harder at the character of the hunt and the hunters would tell you what the prey is? Am I right? the dogs are different. The guns are different. You don't have to wait to see the prey and understand it completely to know that it is there,whatever it is .... or do you?

Me? I see wierd activity that is longstanding and that tells me alot of stuff.

NICAP, I believe was a tool, not the single diversion that Morgan speaks of. Same deal with the laundry. (Where better to spread the word to those listening that you are " done with science forever" than where a bunch of people in the middle of Washington DC fold and chat? )Both useful tools. But not a longterm diversion that was meant to last for years until the time became right.

N not the thing that lingered on to encapsulate and tainte his name so thoroughly that even a good researcher by the name of Nick Cook would declare that he " wouldn't touch Brown with a barge pole."

Why did he develop THAT impression? I think Paul that you have avoided the name for so many years that you are still doing it, to your detriment? What name? My impression? "The Philadelphia Experiment". An invisibility cloak I believe that Townsend Brown wrapped himself in. my two coins in the fountain. JDB
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

JDB,
The trailer is classy,
http://www.goldencompassmovie.com/
I took the test to see what my daemon would be, it was a black crow, I was very pleased .
The golden compass, parallel universe, me finks they bin peeping at Pauls words?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
James Barrett

Or

Post by James Barrett »

Or Kevin .... Paul and the man who wrote that trilogy were the focus of the " " dust" mentioned.... haven't taken the daemon test yet ... figured you for a Raven though.. Did a painting once of the english countryside through the lens of a ravens eye. An interesting painting. You ever get a package on your doorstep, you will know who sent it to you.

Good site. I was impressed with the number of languages. JDB
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

beautifully crafted

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I have to say that I REALLY enjoyed Golden Compass and nearly didn't go to it because I thought it wouldn't be as good as it was. Going to go back some quiet matinee and watch it again too because I am sure that I missed alot the first time around.

There were many parts of the movie that I think really hit the same themes that we have been talking about. Almost as if THIS dimension was talking about OUR dimension ... reaching out somehow for the crossover, which I think will happen in the next movie. They obviously left room for more and honestly I just can't wait to see it.

This is a BEAUTIFUL movie.

The atmosphere and the colors, the creativity and the artistry. I especially liked the fact that in this particular dimension is so slightly "tweaked"( It looks comfortably and properly so English in ours) When you first settle yourself in you don't realize exactly what is happening. But the lead in dialogue tells much ... must not miss that! The scene of the children running in the tall grass ( with their accompanying daemons) was beyond wonderful. And I did like the little girls daemon which kept changing type in midflight. Not "settled yet" one of the adults said. Apparently in this dimension when you become an adult your " daemon" fixes into whatever it will be. Hers was still in a joyous state of flux ... from bird to mouse to weasle(?) to cat. Charming, all of them.

And the search for the place where the "dust" focuses through the peoples daemon and then channels into them. Wonderful scene, but maybe its just the way I took it because the visuals matched my own imagination of what a thing would look like, if it could be seen. Brilliant dots of light, all action, all life, all intelligence.

I liked the movie, can you tell. And hey. I would go anywhere to see Sam Elliot also. Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

JDB,
Early on a couple of years ago, when I first found what my rods could reveal, I was like a man posessed, I had to check check check everywhere.
This led me to Stone henge, I was not impressed, except for the wildlife, they have imprisoned the henge behind barbed wire fences, it is obscene.
I also suddenly started writing poetry ( my own version of poetry )
The patterns in my head seemed to trigger this off, the henge has resident crows which just fly over the fence, and litterally thousands of moles all around it, they are brilliant dowsers, I know as I can follow them underground.
The little mole hills are full of flint, it is where you find flint in the chalk ( if ever you need to make arrow heads )
I wrote this,

Tall and silent is the henge of all,
It's resident crows say" caw, caw, caw,"
Little moles dig so deep amongst the flint,
they say " my paws are sore, sore , sore,"

The sign say's SHUT, at the henge of all,
pay your money or you can't see,
but he say's "I am poor,poor, poor"
But my rods can see what my eyes can't see,
they spin so free, free, free,
They spin to the left, they spin to the right,
They spin so full of lifes delight, light, light,

Stone henge Stone henge , the henge of all,
If only all the people could see what my rods and you can see,
Then they like the crows would say, cor, cor , cor.

The rebel in me loved the thought of the crows just hopping over the fence, and the moles doing a Steve McQueen and tunneling under it.
I think it's £14 to go inside the prison fencing, it should be free, free, free.

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

TPX ?

Post by Paul S. »

James Barrett wrote: I think Paul that you have avoided the name for so many years that you are still doing it, to your detriment? What name? My impression? "The Philadelphia Experiment"
You're going to have to elaborate on that. And it would help if I had some actual idea who was doing the elaborating.

-PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: but thats the point

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:If it wasn't supposed to do the work of a shortwave radio in the fifties, it wouldn't have looked like a shortwave radio in the fifties.

Does not mean that the things that you mentioned were ALL it was capable of.

But if Shortwave technology was not important at the time (or even later)it could have looked like a CB from Radioshack or a rock on someones shelf. twigsnapper
There is the rock....now Sir, is the rock, that you mention, natural, manmade or both?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
James Barrett

suspicious of the source

Post by James Barrett »

You are right to be cautious of the source. Who are you? You need to say.
And what is your agenda in all of this? Read your message loud and clear.

If it worries you any, I am not interested in dragging "The Philadephia Experiment" into the limelight for William Moores benefit or anyone associated with him.

You wanted my elaboration? You need to know who I am before this observation becomes valid in your eyes?

I think that Moores story is intentionally sensational and of course a deep well of misdirection. It grabs Dr. Browns actual history and wraps him up so tightly so that no one goes further or decides to looks harder. Everyone has accepted those cool drinks without even thinking that the entire operation may have been designed expressly for that purpose.

I am an outsider to the information that I figure you must have around you and at your disposal.

But even I can see that there was something organized behind the promotion and build up of the "Philadelphia "story. Even Cook saw that. (And stated it several times.)

Thats just an observation on my part. Surely you have seen it too?

I can understand that you might not want to get into that particular line of research for your book and maybe after all its not really all that important. Maybe it can wait for someone else to pick up the pieces that are left on the floor unused. Just sort of a shame that with all of the things that you have brought forward the major clockwork of this misdirection ploy would still be left in pieces on the floor. JDB
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: suspicious of the source

Post by Paul S. »

James Barrett wrote: You need to know who I am before this observation becomes valid in your eyes?
Simply and most emphatically: Yes.
I am an outsider to the information that I figure you must have around you and at your disposal.
Be careful you don't "figure" too much.

--PS

(Still on the road, thumbing all this out from my handheld.)
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
James Barrett

a rock is a rock

Post by James Barrett »

Kevin and Mikado. You were asking about rocks.

Kevin I think you will understand this. And Mikado I think that you can be much closer than most.

I know of a person who has had some ties with this Island. She understands what those simple rocks on the beach actualy represent and of course while watching her sort through them I think alot of Townsend Brown. I think he would have loved spending some time with this lady. She is getting old now and is quite loved by the kids around here. They don't know why but they know that she is special.

This person though would be considered a witch by others. Perhaps I am naive. Maybe she was pulling a sleight of hand with me. I have to keep that thought in the top of my brain because accepting what I have seen her do is otherwise ..... impossible. She held a beach rock for a moment and then handed it to me ... and the impression of her hand was in the rock ... as if somehow she had been able to treat it as if it was soft clay. As if the rock just moved aside for her thumb. I know what I handed her, I know what she handed back ...... it was so changed and yet not hurt.

I don't know what Mr. Twigsnapper meant by that comment about a rock on a shelf or something like that. I just know that we are dealing with forces here that have no current understanding. JDB

"You need to know who I am before this observation becomes valid in your eyes?
Simply and most emphatically: Yes" I understand.