Chapter 71: Missing Daddy

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

ongoing

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Precisely kevin

"To look back, you might as well look as far back as possible,( title of book ) in other words where we came from, that to me points towards Iran, and that makes me wonder.
What goes around, comes back around again.

I have always wondered why it was that Dr. Brown named his last project " Xerxes". There were some funny offerings as to its origin but none of them actually fit when you realize how serious he must have been about it.

Then later information came through Morgan and an associate (Bentfeather) mentioning something called the " Gate of Xerxes". Still very much a mystery. I think that the difficulty here is something that you see .... it is an ongoing project. and yes .... a gift for a child aims that childs attention. Even when the sight isn't quite there. Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

timing

Post by Victoria Steele »

When I was a young girl I had fanciful thoughts about this or that. Some entirely creative ideas that I wish I had followed up on. ( some I was actuallly able to bring to completion) But where I was (and when it was) the only thing that counted was .... RESULTS.

My Grandfather specialized in put downs in my direction. He used to throw them at me after I tried to talk with him about some wild and creative thought, when I was a struggling student, going from hand to mouth. I was still enveloped in passion for what I was doing. REASEARCH. Good God, nothing was as important. Sleep in the lab if you have to, fall asleep on your notebooks so that you were already there when the next thought hit you. Heady stuff. Who else out there knows that feeling?

I have a feeling many of you do.

But my Grandfathers put down to me was " If you are so danged smart little girl .... why aren't you rich by now?" and then all the wonderful energy I had surrounding me would just go away, because you see, I wasn't doing it for the results that turned into money. I was doing it for the results that told me I was on the right track and could go further ....

Just as Hector said in another post. He awaits kevins " Results".

viewtopic.php?p=10811#10811

And I await Hectors too because the only way that he is going to know that he is on the right track is to see solid results. He deserves to get those results. All my best wishes in that regard.

And to everybody else out there right now. Going for the results. I know whats in your hearts and money has very little to do with it! Its just knowing that we are on the right track. Victoria
Last edited by Victoria Steele on Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

money and passion

Post by twigsnapper »

My dear Victoria,

I sense in that little bit you just wrote ..... a little girl being really hurt by her Grandfathers dismissal of her passions .... am I right?

You need to forgive him that. He was most likely just trying to make a joke. It disturbs old guys to see that much passion burning so hot, especially when they don't understand it.

As far as doing things for the passion and not the money. My advice to others out there ( because I know that you have heard this before Victoria) go for the passion, but don't turn your nose up at the money that it generates! Passion can bring amazing amounts of capital. You can have both. Sometimes you need both.

A friend once was given a very hard time by others ( who were less wealthy than he) Something was said about losing the "purity of thought" when money was involved. His response I loved. He said that he gave up Poverty when he gave up Chastity. It was probably an old line but I had never heard it and it fit him so well.

Poverty is not good for anybody. The less of it in this world, the better off we all will be. twigsnapper
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mr Twigsnapper,
Perhaps you and others can assist me.
Straight lines and their measure intrigue me, the steps at persepolis leading to the gate of xerxes have signifigance, they are said to enable a horse to ascend , I just don't know?
They are 31 centimetres tread by 10 centimetres rise , I would like to dowse these, and suspect there is more to them than meets the eye.
How does a horse know where its back feet are?
We humans are stood up, but what if those walking up these stairs had four legs?
http://www.bips.ac.uk/sites/persepolis
http://www.art-arena.com/persep1.htm
Kevin
fibonacci is king
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Kevin...Thanks for those links. A couple of comments.
I am surprised that the bodies of most of the columns were wood. But then again, not so surprised. In very ancient times, "the world tree" was a central focus of legends concerning the means by which spirits accessed earthly realms, and vice versa. And the rock of the earth constituted the foundations of the all of reality since the rock suppported the trees and their growth and spread.

On the Siberian steppes, the nomadic ancestors of many of the Native American tribes of later times erected a replica of a "world tree" in their communities whenever the people's shaman had to access the upper spirit world to intervene on behalf of his community. It might be to consecrate medicines for healing sick people, it might be to initiate conversations with the spirit world to bring bountiful hunts, etc. It was a tall pole with cross pieces attached to it so that the shaman could climb to a sufficient height to commune with the spirits, which were called by group chanting, drumming, and other forms of sacred music making below.

The ancient Hebrews, and indeed many mid-east cultures, worshipped the highest G-d(s) in "high places" . In many of these "high places" arrangements of poles were erected for ritual purposes and were commonly known as "groves". Among the ancient Hebrews these practices were outlawed during the reign of King Hezzakiah about 600 bce under the urging and supervision of the Hebrew prophet and lawgiver Ezra.

My opinion is that these "grove" customs migrated down into the Holy Land from the mountains of what is now Lebanon where the tall cedars grew. The Sumerian Epic of Gilgamesh and his half-human friend Enkidu, written about 2,500 bce, features their journey to the land of the cedars to prove their worth as leaders.

There are even contemporary holdovers. The high altar in St. Peter's basilica in Rome is covered by a high canopy supported by four thick spiral carved wooden columns. So there are some parallels here all the way back to ancient times. Belief requires continuity and symbolic truth. This is a prime example.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

fascinating stuff

Post by Victoria Steele »

I have so much to learn. Thank you Flow, kevin and Mr. Twigsnapper. Each of you have taught me alot.

Flow , I am never going to be able to catch up with your knowledge of the ancient world. I have a feeling though that you knowledge and past studies are going to be helpful in the future. You can't connect dots without even knowing about them. The fact that Dr. Brown would call his last project Xerxes means something certainly. Going to be a fascinating trip learning why he chose that name. Part of it is that I think we are supposed to look in that direction, even now. Just can't see through the fog yet. Somebody out here is going to figure it out though, I don'thave a doubt.

kevin, every time I see your words I remember that Dr. Brown wrote when he was a very young man that gravity was a " Push" not a "Pull" and that seems to be what you are saying too. Trying to keep my mind free enough to keep up with you.

And Mr. Twigsnapper. Thankyou. I think that you might be right. I have harbored certain resentments that my Grandfather couldn't have been just a little more understanding but I guess its my turn to understand what he was dealing with, when he was trying to deal with me. I think I was a scarey child!

And to Linda Brown? Linda, have you kept up with your studies of the ancient world? Any nine year old that gets an advanced book like that must have had a real interest in it, I am assuming that your parents totally encouraged you but I wonder then why it was that you never went into Anthropology or Archeology? Or perhaps you did? Paul just said that you never completed your schooling at Southern Seminary but he hasn't said anything else about what you chose to do. Idle curiosity here!

And Paul. Thursday????? Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Flow,
I am more surprised that wood is not better comprehended.
I detect a stronf FIELD around trees, and the cut wood of trees, but primerilly with living trees.
The Field the tree creates spirals into the centre of the tree the captured space it envelopes, so do we.
The druids used to clear an area within an oak forrest within a circle of oak trees, I consider that these areas will have been the forerunner for stone circlers.
The trees arranged upon a large circle around a nodal point will act in series , thus raising ever more the potential for capturing more space.

The trees are merely demonstrating how to manipulate space for their best use.
Thats what I suspect this gate of xerxes was doing, and many more ancient constructions.
By building precisely in line with the geometric pathways of space, and then manipulating huge flows of space into a concentrated area a type of stargate will be created where time , gravity and field densities will be altered.
The trees must think we are really stupid?
kevin
fibonacci is king
Langley
Senior Officer

Awareness

Post by Langley »

"In the Laws, Plato compares Xerxes to Cambyses in that, as him, he was victim of his education at the court, unlike his father Darius, who was not a son of king (Laws, III, 695c-e). And he goes on to say that it is almost impossible for someone raised in an extremely rich family to become virtuous, and to explain thus why there was no other great king of Persia after Darius. But it is Xerxes who serves as an example to Callicles in the Gorgias to show that the stronger should have a greater share (Gorgias, 483c-e)."

Implies an awareness of the light and dark side of organised power, the importance of acting in a moral fashion even in situations where others might plot to depower and exclude one. Also a claim of entitlement based on achievement. Such entitlement might be the ability to decide to what use one's inventions and knowledge should be put.

Just a thought.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

sea battle

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Taxing my memory here Langley, but here goes. Those of you who are REAL scholars please correct where necessary! The idea of " might makes right" also has flaws to it.

There was a sea battle between the Athenians and the forces of Xerxes after the Persians had won over the Spartans at Thermopylae and had entered and burned Athens. This much I remember. The Greek navy was badly outunmbered and outmanned ( today we would say “outgunnedâ€
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Kevin...Here's some more on the ancient and sacred uses of wooden posts in sacred ceremonies. You probably already knew about the first link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodhenge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cahokia
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Flowperson,
I have wandered about woodhenge, or concrete henge as it is now, it is typical of circles around a nodal point.
The post hole positions are relative to where detectable lines bisect the circles.
Thousands of people have spent countless years aligning these holes with all sorts of celestial occurances, I am not been arrogant when I say it takes me five minutes.
Its a chicken and egg situation, the holes do align at specific times with celestial positions, but it is not that which they are aligned with, it is the matrix, it never moves, but the relative position and therefore resistance that the position of celestial blobs of mass alters the flows along the lines, hence altering the circulation etc around the constructions.
This I consider Dr Brown was observing in his labs and called it side real radiation.
he will have known where the blobs of mass where before anyones eyes could register.
The one in the States will be aligned to the mainframe of the matrix , this is plus and minus five degrees aprox off north.south, the centre line of this alignment heats my hands up, litterally, and I can show others how to contact this line,( its only one inch wide ) you need to hold the palm of your hands vertical and align across the line, if you do it with both hands you , or I do anyway, sort of charge up.
I consider that the posts etc were to build up the potential of this very subtle set of signals, all done by very intelligent people, none of this rubbish about ancient people been barbarians cuts any cloth for me.
kevin
fibonacci is king
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Kevin...It cuts no cloth with me either. How tragic that we have lost track of much of that really valuable knowledge in the pursuit of material satisfactions. But I strongly believe that we are being led back to the past to rediscover such things, and it's all for a purpose.

I'm sure TTB sensed this, if not factually, then certainly spiritually. It's what probably sustained him through all the years working in the darkness.

Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Geez

Post by Paul S. »

Langley wrote:
kevin.b wrote:Fallout = mass of bomb fission fuel (uranium or plutonium) (a few kilos at most) PLUS ground base material which makes into the fireball, PLUS bomb casing. Nastiest bomb casing = Normal non radioactive cobalt, which became the radioactive Cobalt 90 after detonation. Nasty beast. Weight of total bomb casing and internals of the Hiroshima bomb was about 4 tons. The average ground burst British bomb in Australia produced 50,000 tons of fallout. (dirt plus the other stuff. )
It's a wonder any there is still any life left on this planet.

To say nothing of intelligent life...

Maybe Bush should put this into his diatribes about Iran... "if Iran gets a bomb, think how bad it would be for the environment....

Anyway... I've been kinda distracted the last couple day watching developments in NYC with the big opening last night of The Farnsworth Invention. Follow the results at http://farnovision.com

Just don't want anybody to think I've wandered off the reservation like I did back in October...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: timing

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote: But my Grandfathers put down to me was " If you are so danged smart little girl .... why aren't you rich by now?" and then all the wonderful energy I had surrounding me would just go away,

I will never understand the propensity of elders to crush the curiosity and enthusiasm of youngers. Damn, "the resignation that living brings" (Jackson Browne, After the Deluge) just brings out the worst in people.

And parallel with that thought, likewise the inability of parents etal to recognize the unique qualities of their progeny. Too many parents project their own misgivings onto their kids. I know the feeling first hand. Suffer for it often, not unlike Victoria above.

That's one of the things that make this story unique. Like that moment after Dr. Brown took Linda to UofPA, and she broke down at the realization of what might be expected of her. And what did Dr. Brown say? "What do YOU want, Sweetie?" Hell, I shoulda stopped writing right there. What more does a story have to say?
because you see, I wasn't doing it for the results that turned into money. I was doing it for the results that told me I was on the right track and could go further ....
And therein lies another essential theme, which brings to mind the last years of Philo Farnsworth. Perfecting his fusor device was hardly about the energy it might produce, or the riches such an accomplishment might have bestowed. It was about demonstrating that his grasp of how the Universe works.

Nice to be reminded of that. Thanks, Victoria.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

what do you want?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

That was an interesting point of your story. ( Dr. Brown asking hLinda what it was that she really wanted to do, and he listened!)But maybe it would not have worked for everyone. Most kids don't have a single idea of what they want for their future. Why probably so many parents ( and teachers!) try to do their thinking for them....... Second guessing them the whole way.

But Linda seemed posessed with a strong thought of what she did want...... As if she knew already that she was only going to get a couple of years to indulge in her own passion and the rest of the time would be spent in Dr. Browns direction. I am sure both of them realized that. But I wonder if they ever spoke of it out loud to each other?

Sometimes thats the biggest control lever of all. Giving loving freedom. He must have known that the loyalty his daughter held for him would stay with him and his project. Could he actually see the future? Did he know ahead of time? All of his interactions with these two young people says that he did in fact know what was going to happen in their future. If there is any doubt just look at the ways that he regards Morgan.....and Morgan has said already that he was there to "Protect" and not " exploit" Linda so perhaps that was what Dr. Brown knew was going to be needed in the future? Morgan wasn't to be his son-in-law ... he was to be the Centurion.
And has he turned out to be just that?

I can't get over the fact that she was able to go to that school and not come back totally swept off her feet by some cadet. This Morgan must have been pretty strong medicine. ( You can tell that I have been reading back in their history some. I have wondered what would have happened if they had decided to marry during that summer of 1966. Would Dr. Brown then have gone to California? Who would have taken Morgans place in the organization? ... the position that I am taking he filled so well? What would have happened because he WASN'T that particular person in that particular place?

What Elizabeth recently said about the Greek ships in shallow water and how the entire history of the world changed because of that one day.... comes to my mind .... and I think situation this has that sort of potential.

Of course I really do think that everything that EACH of us does do has that sort of impact. The thing is that we just don't realize it. What happens I wonder when you realize ahead of time the sort of impact that you might have? Does it manifest that impact even more? humm MarkC