Chapter 71: Missing Daddy

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: connections

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Langley,

You are so good at drawing connections here.

I just wondered if you have yet heard about a program that was being held in the Florida area which involved a " cesium cloud". (during 1956-1957) Paul has made a reference to this operation which I believe Morgan told him about.( He also mentioned the Bahamas ( Bimini) in case that comes up somehow.
It would be helpful if other information also bubbled to the surface here so if you don't mind keep your eye out for that reference please, just in case it crosses your path.

They say, details make all the difference but in our case they also help to shed some light on other mysteries. Thanks in advance, Elizabeth
Elizabeth I swear you can read minds. I came back on the net to look that up. Thought Id pop in here first to see what was cooking, and there you are, bubbling away.

No I hadnt heard of it. But it fits in with what was going on at Dugway Proving Grounds and Hanford and other places "The Green Run" was one deliberate release of a radioactive cloud (Green Run, something like that from memory, definately did happen) So there are in the "conventional" conservative history of the US atomic program (which was not unique among nations in this, the nuclear powers all did similar in one shape or form)

So this Florida Cesium (we spell it Ceasium 137 , or at least we did until Microsoft Word Spell chequr took over the world) is not far fetched as it might seem to some. The US military for example also used the NY subway to test disperal of biological agents and thats documented.

So I'll go off hunting. Florida Cesium 137 cloud. I guess thats the isotope. Maybe it wasnt radioactive though, it might be the stable isotope. Maybe contacting the Florida Babytooth Project might be useful, Sternglass or Commoner might know about it. Was the release anywhere near then (ie at the time) proposed site of a nuclear plant? Like say um, Turkey Point?
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

I just wondered if you have yet heard about a program that was being held in the Florida area which involved a " cesium cloud". (during 1956-1957) Paul has made a reference to this operation which I believe Morgan told him about.( He also mentioned the Bahamas ( Bimini) in case that comes up somehow.
It would be helpful if other information also bubbled to the surface here so if you don't mind keep your eye out for that reference please, just in case it crosses your path.

They say, details make all the difference but in our case they also help to shed some light on other mysteries. Thanks in advance, Elizabeth
Sorry this is so long, but its important. Summary: Cs137 levels in Florida are odd. Something happened. Biologists have noted it in ecology. Have posted stuff about Green Run here so people can see what went on generically, is precedent for it. And finally, there is long term study which shows Cs137 body burden in Florida Humans is greater than that of the rest of the United States of America. Cant pin down actual event. May still be secret.
Sorry this is so long. Its important.

From google:
Health Physics - Fulltext: Volume 82(5) May 2002 p 680-689 FOOD ...
However, it was found, mainly during the 1950's, that 14C could be used ..... Investigations of unusual cesium ecology in Florida-cesium-137 levels in ...
http://www.health-physics.com/pt/re/hea ... -00014.htm -
Abstract:
FOOD CHAINS AND BIOGEOCHEMICAL PATHWAYS: CONTRIBUTIONS OF FALLOUT AND OTHER RADIOTRACERS.

PAPER
Health Physics. 82(5):680-689, May 2002.
Whicker, F. Ward; Pinder, John E. *

Abstract:
This paper reviews examples of how measurements of global fallout in the environment and related tracer radionuclides have been used to enhance our basic knowledge of biogeochemical processes and food-chain pathways. Because it is these fundamental, natural processes that control the transport and accumulation of such trace substances in the environment, direct measurements of trace substances over time and space reveal strong insights into these processes. The necessity to monitor global fallout transport, although largely motivated by human health concerns, gave rise to a plethora of new information about plants, animals, and natural and agricultural ecosystems and how they function. This review provides a small selection of examples in the areas of plant and animal physiology, productivity and energy transfer in food chains, biogeochemical cycles of certain elements and their analogues, feeding relationships and movements of organisms, and the agriculture-based human food chain. It is concluded that if society is to cope successfully with continued growth of the human population and resource consumption, more knowledge is still required about these fundamental processes. The use of radiotracers can contribute greatly to this need, but current funding priorities, societal attitudes, and onerous regulations on the use of radioactivity may continue to limit such applications.

(C)2002Health Physics Society

Well, Health Physics found something odd re Cesium in Florida. Cant access full article. Costs.

http://www.nrc.gov/reading-rm/doc-colle ... 3-020.html
"Prussian Blue" is another drug that should be capable of protecting people against radiation exposure. Prussian Blue has been recommended for years for the treatment of cesium and thallium ingestion. The material, ferric hexacyanoferrate, has been used for years to promote the excretion of cesium and thallium when accidentally ingested, including the much publicized accident in Gioania. I understand that the material is not yet FDA-approved for this use because no one has requested it and there was no viable market until recently. While KI and Prussian Blue are aimed at "blocking" or excreting the radioactive isotope ingested, there is also a growing arsenal of medical treatments for radiological exposures.

Just for the skeptics:
http://www.doh.wa.gov/hanford/publicati ... lease.html
"But Hanford's largest single release of iodine-131 was the result of a secret military experiment. "Green Run" refers to a secret U.S. Air Force Experiment at Hanford that released somewhere between 7,000 and 12,000 curies of iodine-131 to the air on December 2-3, 1949. The experiment was called the Green Run because it involved a processing "run" of uranium fuel that had been cooled for only a short time (16 days), and was, therefore, "green." The normal practice in 1949 was to cool the fuel 90 to 100 days before processing. The longer cooling time allows for radiation, especially iodine-131, to decay to lower levels.

The reported purpose of the Green Run was to test monitoring equipment the Air Force was developing for its intelligence activities concerning the Soviet Union's nuclear weapons program. The Green Run remained a top government secret until the 1980s when reports were made public in response to Freedom of Information Act requests. The requests were filed by the Hanford Education Action League and the Spokesman-Review newspaper, both based in Spokane. The U.S. Air Force continues to withhold significant information about the Green Run including the names of the official(s) who ordered the experiment and the intelligence unit that participated in the monitoring. "

Now that sets the precedent for the proposition Cs was released in Florida. I cant find mention of it. But that means nothing for it may still be secret.

But scientists have found "unusual cesium ecology in Florida-cesium-137 levels"
(above).

Hang on, look at this:
http://www.health-physics.com/pt/re/hea ... 28!8091!-1

Cesium-137 Body Burdens in Florida Residents.

Papers
Health Physics. 16(6):673-679, June 1969.
Roessler, G. S.; Dunavant, B. G.; Roessler, C. E.

Abstract:
Measurement of 137Cs body burdens in nearly 300 persons with the University of Florida whole-body counter from 1965 to date shows that Florida residents had levels of 137Cs two to three times as high as those reported elsewhere in the conterminous United States during the same time period. Analysis of the data by year shows that the levels did not drop with time as rapidly as levels reported in other areas of the United States. Cesium-137 levels in Florida residents averaged 0.395, 0.353, and 0.318 nCi/kg lean body mass in 1965, 1966 and 1967, respectively. For the entire 1965-1967 period these levels averaged 0.350 and had a range of 0.044-1.667 nCi/kg lean body mass. In contrast, non-Florida residents measured at the same facility had an average of 0.151 nCi/kg lean body mass. Reproducibility of the measurements was within 10%. These levels correlate with the reported levels of 137Cs in Florida-produced foods, which in general are much higher than the average for the United States.

(C)1969Health Physics Society

Now half life of Cs137 is about same as Sr90 - just short of 30 years. So the trend in these findings leads one to conclude something unusual happened involving Florida and Cs 137. So though I cant find confirmation of the event, an event or events of some sort/s took place affecting only Florida. Its rather off putting.

What does it mean if you live in Florida? Well in general the short lived radioisotopes like Iodine 131 are far more radioactive - they transmute or reach a stable state quickly. And therefore are more dangerous at time of exposure. they are weapons of choice in tests like the Green Run as the evidence disappears. Longer lived radio isotopes are so because in general they are more stable, less radioactive. And so in general at time of exposure are less harmful. (compare the two radioisotopes of Strontium and you'll see what I mean). But they exist over time. Now Iodine 131 is confined to the thyroid when internalised into the body. Cesium 137 however is incorporated into soft tissue throughout, so unlike Iodine 131 there is no fine focus to the radioactivity in terms of tissue. The dose is diffuse. That's good and bad. Its systemic but dilute. Long term health risks at the amounts mentioned above? Controversial. Has to be seen in light of total body burden from all other sources. Conventionally the authorities would say its 3x of very very very little. If I lived in Florida I'd write my Congressperson and ask "How come" though.
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

there are indirect references to nuclear tests of some sort in Bimini.

eg
"Many topics were released in current mags regarding tests for cesium and other nuclear dirty agents in the bones of peolple around the world alive during the nevada and bimini island tests. "
http://www.stevenberlinjohnson.com/2003 ... plume.html

Cant find mention of them officially OSTI site sent me round in a circle. HRex site useless (still partially shut). Will ask some vets here.

Its dangling all right Morgan.
Geoff
Space Cadet

Wobbling UFOs

Post by Geoff »

James Barrett wrote:
the paper continues ...... " Long before UFOs were "cool" Townsend Brown had their number. " Look for one that wobbles" he would tell his daughter as she sifted through the reports. " Look for the reports where the saucer was reported to be wobbling".

From ‘Unconventional Flying Objects – a scientific analysis’ by Paul R. Hill, ISBN 1-57174-027-9, starting on page 162:

Platform Experiments

In 1951 I had lunch on numerous occasions with old friend Dr. Charles Zimmerman, a stability and control scientist-engineer recently returned to the Langley Re- search Center from employment in industry where he had designed and supervised the construction and tests of a circular-wing airplane. However, the thing that interested me more was the invention by Zimmerman of the idea or principle that a man could balance and fly with a thrust vector (lifting force) attached to his feet. By tilting his feet he should achieve both balance and control of his motion in space. From the triangle of accelerations as discussed earlier, it was clear that control of motion would be achievable if the balance characteristics were favorable. Intrigued with the idea, I soon started investigating. I first built a model that looked like a flying coat hanger. It was supported in flight by an air jet which served as the thrust vector, and controlled in angular attitudes by auxiliary jets. This I flew around my office by remote control. Next, I rigged up a simple simulator involving man in the proper way. I placed a bowling ball on the floor and a piece of plywood on the ball, and stood on it—a three-dimensional rolla-rolla, although I had never heard of such a device at that time. Although it was difficult to balance, I practiced nights in the winter of ‘51 until I could watch a TV program while on the ball. I knew I was ready for a serious test. I had at my disposal a vast supply of 200 psi compressed air which I normally used to operate a super- sonic wind tunnel used to test ram jet engines prior to their free-flight testing. I had the shops build a super- sonic nozzle with a 11/4-inch-diameter throat. This was bolted to a 19x29-inch piece of plywood to which the feet would be fastened with cleats and rollerskate straps. A borrowed parachute harness, an overhead safety line, and two lengths of over-age fire hose donated by the Langley Fire Department to connect the nozzle to the air supply completed the equipment. The experiments were carried out first indoors, then outdoors in free flight to the extent limited by the length of the air hoses. Figure XI-7 shows the outdoor rig with me posing comfortably (with overcoat and gloves) as I hover in mid-air for this photo, which, on declassification of the results in 1955, was published July 9, 1955, on the cover of the Illustrated London News .accompanied by the following caption and text:

‘A MODERN MERCURY: STANDING MOTIONLESS IN MID-AIR, ABLE TO FLY OFF IN ANY DIRECTION AT A SLIGHT INCLINATION OF HIS BODY, A PILOT TESTS NEW U.S. VERTICAL TAKEOFF DEVICE OR JET PLAT- FORM.

One of the most intriguing developments arising from the intensive modem research into vertical takeoff methods is that of directional control of wingless aircraft by means of weight- shifting. The man in the photograph above is standing on a “jet-platform,â€
James Barrett

Hello Geoff

Post by James Barrett »

Geoff,

I think I am one of he newer members too and I seem to be up and operating right now just as you posted so I will say hello and welcome.

Hopefully Elizabeth is asleep, she should be its .... lets see ... about 2:30 am her time ... so I will greet you.Welcome! And I'll get back to what you have written as soon as I get a chance to look it over. I wanted to respond quickly to Langley for just a moment,

Paul L ........ what you have uncovered is awesome. And you may be right. The tests that Morgan has mentioned to PaulS may still be classified information but that won't stop other bubbles from breaking loose and rising to the surface . I'll look harder in that direction but you have done a great job of research here. Thats the kind of stuff its going to take. JDB
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Geoff,
Big welcome, Elizabeth is the usual one to roll out a welcome mat.
I have been trying to THINK out the apparent wobble of these sightings, have you seen the youtube clips of the prophet yahweh?
http://www.youtube.com/user/prophetyahweh

He THINKS of them to appear.
Sorry Elizabeth, we need to obtain for you a better computer, your wind up clockwork one won't allow you to view these I know.

I am a keen dowser, and find everything spirals, so I consider the pathways will spiral, a sort of stairway to ?
kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

wind up computers

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Ah but kevin, If I had a computer that was more modern it would feed me information too quickly and I would probably self destruct entirely. With this old one, I can blame it for being my weak link when actually I think I am it!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Hello!

Geoff,

Welcome! I am a little chagrined that JFB saw your post first but I am happy that he said hello. Add my greeting to his then! Bells and whistles and all that!

I think that I saw some sort of a report of that " individual platform" device a long time ago and of course the first thing I thought of when I started reading your post was that it reminded me of the " green hornet???? was that the character in Spiderman? .... Like the surfboard he used that operated in air. I thought that was the best, wish that we all had one. And of course along those lines I thought of the " rocketman" developments too.

I just glanced over your post and will get back to a better comment on it in a little bit.

You may be right Geoff in worrying about its length. Most of us here are on really tight time frames and what we are after is the exchange of information. Links work better for us in that regard. REALLY what we are after is YOUR interpretation of what you have read. So a link with your personal comment would be just the ticket.

Your impression of why you think that information is important and why it somehow resonated with you. Thats what this forum is all about and its a magical sort of process. Thats why I am so pleased that you have decided to join us here. your voice is important..... what you see and hear and decide to comment on will set up a vibration that someone else out here will pick up on. Thats why we have to be sure to keep that impression as undiluted as possible. Straight from you. Otherwise it hides in the weight and mass of the words of others. See what I mean? I hope?

Welcome again! Elizabeth
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

bimini OR Bikini????

Langley,

Now this is very interesting. Either this person knows something and let it slip out or he really simply made the mistake of writing Bimini instead of what I THINK he meant to write BIKINI.

"Many topics were released in current mags regarding tests for cesium and other nuclear dirty agents in the bones of peolple around the world alive during the nevada and bimini island tests."

This is from your link http://www.stevenberlinjohnson.com/2003 ... plume.html

I notice that he does the twitter thing too. No one would like any twitter responses they might get from following my day ..... woud read something like .... washed a puppy, fed a puppy, loved on a puppy ... times twelve.

Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Elizabeth Helen Drake,
I think of you as anything but a weak link.
I have also been thinking of other more recent posters , as well.
As you say, its good to have the input, the interpretation.

I have just been chatting with my son and daughter, they have different memories of the same times .
My daughter lives in Brittany, strange world, I could see her new car on,
http://www.geoportail.fr
All these satelites , watching us all of the time?
http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wa ... and_Others
petit monde.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: Hello Geoff

Post by Langley »

James Barrett wrote:Geoff,

Paul L ........ what you have uncovered is awesome. And you may be right. The tests that Morgan has mentioned to PaulS may still be classified information but that won't stop other bubbles from breaking loose and rising to the surface . I'll look harder in that direction but you have done a great job of research here. Thats the kind of stuff its going to take. JDB
Hi James, its easy for me, been using the US nuclear record on the internet for years. Its something Americans can be very proud of. It has helped a great many people over the years. The UK and Australian information is relatively scant. There is an openness in the US which exists nowhere else. Its very sad that post 9/11 the DOE HRex site was closed. Which I can understand, but there used to be a page where you could type in key words, and the entire DOE declassified database was searched and original documents in jpg would pop up. America tends to declassify many more things as soon as it can. What might take 50 years in the US would take 100 or more in UK /Australia. But even so my usual haunts turned up nothing.

The other thing is the depth and number of independent researchers in US writing in journals. Cesium 137 (not a natural substance) is in the arctic ice. Its everywhere. Pre the atomic age it was not in the biosphere. I was amazed at what turned up in the Health Physics abstracts re Florida. (it specialises in that sort thing, not a bad thing to look at even if you only get the abstracts for free). Im perplexed that nothing turned up re atomic testing in Bimini. My guess is it wasnt a bomb, but a test fire in stored fuel rods to check procedures or something.

Something went on which affected Florida. Like the man said. Thanks, but it was just the key words and confidence of knowing what is out there. Not much skill and no daring. Im very concerned lest the information worries people in Florida. Though the stuff isnt good, its everywhere, its not the only substance either. I hope noone looses sleep over it. I live in a place where the background count in air was like 90 clicks one day and 94,000 clicks the next. Literally. Long time ago now, nearly two half lives ago. We all have it. pfft, nothing can be done about it.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: Wobbling UFOs

Post by Langley »

Geoff wrote:James Barrett wrote:

From ‘Unconventional Flying Objects – a scientific analysis’ by Paul R. Hill, ISBN 1-57174-027-9, starting on page 162:

My first post. I hope it's relevant and not too long.
Geoff
Hi Geoff, ripper of a post. Really important. The Wright Brothers had problems until they DEstabilized their design to make it more sensitive to control inputs. It flew with constant slight correction, anything else and it responded too slowly to control input. So its forward flight was a subtle series of lateral wobbles.

Very enlightening post. Do you drive a VW (a proper one)? (I've had 22 of them) (being old I have a Peugeot 505 now, its goes in a straight line on its own. Cant go round roundabouts sideways anymore though. Dang.)
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: bimini OR Bikini????

Post by Langley »

Now this is very interesting. Either this person knows something and let it slip out or he really simply made the mistake of writing Bimini instead of what I THINK he meant to write BIKINI.

Elizabeth
Probably, that's logical. however, I came upon a thread of eccentrics re Bermuda Triangle and in the thread there was mention of fission products in the sea there and they were talking about how the ancient force field left by the Atlantians protected the area from it. I didnt mention that before because there was no source for their assertion re fission products so I couldnt learn anything about how the fission products came to be there. Bermuda itself in its official websites was quite excited about signing the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty because they got all this environmental monitoring equipment (for their role in verification). Could be an agenda behind that official excitement, like the chance to independently monitor their environment for the residue of a past event to which Florida was down wind. Perhaps, maybe. Point is, what Morgan told Paul about Cesium affecting Florida and how it upset Dr Brown IS supportable on the published evidence in the scientific literature. Though the cause of it isn't talked about and I can't find it. It might have been a disaster response test of some kind that wasn't supposed to affect the US. Anyhow, Im off to bed. Where did the Thresher go down? Did they bring it up and something happened to the core?
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

some kind of test

The test that he was so concerned about had something to do with the formation of a " Cesium cloud" which I am assuming is ionization, right? How might that come about? A small detonation.? Is there another way to create a "cloud" of Cesum ions in the atmosphre? It could have been very small because what they were looking for was that cloud to " bounce" signals off of. It wouldn't have been a weapons style detonation, I don't think. Of course I know nothing about this

Stay on that thread about Bermudas interest in the non- proliferation for that area. Monitoring what was going on in that area may have met all kinds of agendas for all kinds of reasons. I don't want to drag you into the world of the lore ofAtlantis etc. but someday there might be something to all of that. Just a little more confusing right now and we don't really need that at the moment. Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Photo Date

Post by Paul S. »

James Barrett wrote:Paul, I would date this photo the summer of 1955. The same time that Helen and Linda were pictured knee deep in the potomac. Note . I think thats the same swim suit on Linda and knowing kids just a little I think that she would have outgrown it in a year, maybe, for sure by 1957.

And location. Though it looks almost tropical I would bet thats the towpath not too far from Georgetown. I am a little familiar with it and when it floods over and meets the Potomac there is only usually a couple of inches on the path. I would bet thats where they are standing because they seem to be ankle deep.
OK, busted.

I'm not exactly sure how he does it, but Mr. Barrett has correctly identified that actual origin of that particular photo of Linda and her father. I didn't see it in the files when I was finishing up Chapter 70, and when I saw it yesterday, after writing about the lake and the canoe, I figured, ahwhatthehell.

But, yeah, there's a hand written note under the photo that says something about "Potomac canal"....

One more thing to get right in the re-write.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer