Chapter 71: Missing Daddy

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: sea battle

Post by Langley »

[quote="Elizabeth Helen Drake"]Taxing my memory here Langley, but here goes. Those of you who are REAL scholars please correct where necessary! The idea of " might makes right" also has flaws to it.

There was a sea battle between the Athenians and the forces of Xerxes after the Persians had won over the Spartans at Thermopylae and had entered and burned Athens. This much I remember. The Greek navy was badly outunmbered and outmanned ( today we would say “outgunnedâ€
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Merry, Merry carpetcleaning Langley...Having seen those sorts of information usage conflicts myself mate, I would agree with your assessment.
Yes...very ancient, and new, information.
Have a good one.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

flowperson wrote:Merry, Merry carpetcleaning Langley...Having seen those sorts of information usage conflicts myself mate, I would agree with your assessment.
Yes...very ancient, and new, information.
Have a good one.

Hi Flow, Hopefully Ill survive till Christmas. Im not very house trained. Rather take the rear brake drums off a VW.

I mean, really though, if Brown and his allies had to contend with merely the Soviet Union, OK. But my view is that the sections of the government (what ever that is) sympathetic to him had to contend with sections with a more militaristic bent, and also with the idea that the knowledge Brown had seemed in someway related to saucer propulsion. So if the US was using the tech within a national security context, then the fact that the aliens had it meant they were a potential source of leaks to the Soviets. (Strange as that sounds even to me), and then again, the philosophy behind the technology (always a hassle for politicians and the military or sections of it)
is important for the betterment of humanity as a whole. So Brown in some sense is always fighting, fighting to maintain secrecy on the one hand, fighting for openness on the other, fighting for appropriate use, and then fighting to make sure noone outside a select few really understood what was going on.

The wounded prairie chicken routine is one used by birds in my yard all the time when I get too close to nests hidden in the shrubbery.

"Xerxes" seems to imply then knowledge, conflict and a trap.
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

nailed that right

Post by Martin Calloway »

Just repeating what you just said .... nailed it, I think .......

"So Brown in some sense is always fighting, fighting to maintain secrecy on the one hand, fighting for openness on the other, fighting for appropriate use, and then fighting to make sure noone outside a select few really understood what was going on.

The wounded prairie chicken routine is one used by birds in my yard all the time when I get too close to nests hidden in the shrubbery."

Martin
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

so do you guys think

Post by Victoria Steele »

So do you guys think that the CIA actually took over the steerage of NICAP after Dr. Brown left? Would he have seen that was happening? Or maybe known it was going to happen ahead of time? I imagine with his knowledge of the way things went in the intelligence world, the fact that the CIA would have had a hand in a reporting facility for such things as UFOs would have been a foregone conclusion. But still from the little that has been said he seems to have maintained someone on the "inside" ( A rose by any other name, twigsnapper said. or was it ... a rose is a rose is a rose?) so he was getting those same reports, maybe BEFORE they got massaged into the form for public consumption? How brilliant! The man was no slouch.

An example of being ahead of the curve? Victoria
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

why writers write

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

This particular post was submitted a long time ago and Paul said that he was going to put some of these words where he could see them all the time. With this latest experience with Alan Sorkin I wondered if he remembered what the " bright fish" named Madison wrote?

viewtopic.php?p=1727#1727

Its too good to miss so I am re posting it here.*****************

I thought I would respond to something Paul said earlier in this section, about why it was important for him not to get off the track of "truth" as difficult as it might get while investigating Townsend Browns life and work. There has been so much disinformation, so many flights of fancy. In a world that automatically assumes that anything written about the man will have "The Philadelphia Experiment" branded all over it.

But instead of following that twisting path of half truths and sometimes pure fabrications, Paul is revealing something far more exciting and and yes, I believe, TRUE.

And then I asked myself why would someone devote all this time and energy to this project?

Yes, I am sure that there will be financial rewards and even fame at the end of the trail for Paul. But I don't REALLY believe that is his main reason in approaching this subject. This is a great country and anyone with any sort of enthusiasm for doing it can at least make a good living and some, who seem to be luckier or perhaps more in line with the flow, can go beyond all expectations.

So if you can make money doing anything.......... Why beat yourself up mentally going in this direction? I ran across a guote from a famous writer and I think that it might start to answer that question.

And with this post here I ask others to step in too and add your answers to "Why do writers really write?"

E.L. Doctorow (writer of "Ragtime" (great!) and "Book of Daniel") answered that question this way:

"I've never had a rational or thoughful answer to that question. Basically, you want to make something that STANDS. Its really very selfish. You want to make something thats good and true and something that didn't exist before. You hope it will last. Thats all, thats all but its EVERYTHING. its a monumentally arrogant wish, and desire, but its also very simple. Just out of your own inadequate mind, to make something that stands and holds and becomes something that someone else will use to walk us up another bit further toward whatever it is that our destiny might be. Enlightenment, one hopes. Salvation. Redemption, All those things."

Paul, my suggestiong . When you find yourself with the blankets pulled over your head and the thoughts hitting you "WHY,WHY, WHY am I doing this? Thats maybe the answer.

And I think that maybe thats the answer from Townsend Brown too. I never met the man but I'll bet thats the answer.

Vegas in November for all the bright reef fish out there! Madison

( She of course is talking about Vegas 2006!) Hello Madison! I hope you are well! Thinking of you alot and thanking you again for this wonderful post.
Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

and I hafta add

Post by Victoria Steele »

And of course Elizabeth, if you are going to go that far back I have to add my comment which came next and still applies ( RERUNS, OH GOD)

Part of it

"They say that time is like a river
And stories are the key to the past
But now I'm stuck in between
Here at my typing machine
Trying to come up with some words that will last.

Its so easy to see that we live history
and if I just find my beat
I know I'll land on my feet
I always do hadn't got a clue
Does it come from above?"

A gift to you Paul from a parrothead for sure. Victoria

rerunrerunrerun.... Friday?????? Victoria
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi...

There are those who have the ability to "massage" the darkness in ways to bring forth that which may be light, good, and lasting. Then there are those who lurk in the darkness and use it in deceitful and illusory ways to confound and destroy such activities. The universe is less than 5% light and more than 95% darkness.

It's a universal conflict in origin, and has gone on forever. We are all only the current and local iterations of the conflict. The Dead Sea Scrolls called it "the war between the sons of light and the sons of darkness" These days I usually substitute "children" for "sons". Eastern yin-yang symbology is an apt visual iteration of all of this. A diagram of opposites in systematic conjuction to insure continuance through time.

I believe that TTB was aware of all of this and of his place in the unique history of it all. The Caroline group was formed to support and shepherd those willing to get involved in it all on a global basis for the "good" of us all. Paul was "chosen" to write this history and story due to his expertise and willingness to engage in this work as demonstrated in his Farnsworth biography. And we now see what those who dwell in the darkness think about his efforts, The facts would not be under attack by the broadway types if he hadn't revealed so much truth and light through his efforts. Writers work in the darkness to bring truth into the light.

The language concerning this couches it all in terms of an either or situation, but it's really about one medium working and interacting with the other to produce new realities, some good for life and some not so good. Humans are conditioned from their birth to judge everything in terms of good/bad, right/wrong, beautiful/ugly, etc.

In this work that sort of dichotomy must always be delayed and avoided until things are conclusive. We all know that what happened at the mall in Omaha yesterday was bad, but what if a greater good comes from it eventually? Who can say anything in that regard with "certainty"?

Practice increases the probability for more beneficient outcomes over time, much like practicing a complicated piece of music for a concert. There are no guarantees or certainties in any of this, other than the work which needs to be done.

My two cents.

flow.... 8)
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Kevin...Here's a hobbit holiday gift just for you.

cheers....flow.... :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHRq80QNnJM
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Flowperson,
At the moment we are in Hanukkah, a time of miracles.
So whats a miracle?
Will it be a miracle when we clone another human?
This man, uses the swastika within the star of david, I happen to dowse that as real.
I can actually follow these shapes within specific points of localities.
So should I listen to this man from the rooster country?
http://rael.org
kevin
fibonacci is king
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Kevin...This guy Rael lives where I try to live. So does the Prophet Yahweh.

Local opinion is that he's just another entertainer trying to get a break, the same as many people in "sin city". There's definitely something fragrant about a guy in a white jumpsuit, who uses a name that is the last two syllables of "Israel " and which are also the names of the ancient head God of Egypt and also Northern Palestine, advocates human cloning, (deep breath) and speaks with a thick french accent *cockadoodle doo*. But hey...everyone is entitled to their schtick.

As far as the symbology he created goes, the six pointed star is representative of the first cells formed after conception in the "blastula" stage of the human embryo and is known as the "zona pellacudis'. This cellular structure exists in every human alive today at the tip of their tailbone or coccxyx. However, the original cells are replaced many times over a normal lifetime. It can also represent the old adage, "as above ...so below" due to the juxtaposition of the two equilateral triangles/pyramids representing the "earth mountain". In three dimensional representation both have four points that merge into one at their peaks

The swastika is either a sinister or favorable symbol depending upon the orientation of the arms of the broken cross. If they are oriented right that denotes a backwards movement in the field of time. If oriented to the left , just the opposite is true. The symbol with the "left" orientation to the arms of the broken cross was prevalently used by Native American tribes to symbolize gook luck or good fortune.

To quote George H.W. Bush," Six pointed star with nazi swastika in the middle...baaaaddd ! Not prudent !"

"Six pointed star with Native American good luck swastika in the middle...GOOOOOD. Let's jump in the speed boat and go sky-diving."

And yes, miracles are a very good thing. The sun came up again here this morning. Did it in Yorkshire also my friend ?

Cheers....flow.... 8)
Trickfox
The Magician

RAEL the prophet

Post by Trickfox »

Actually, we have already talked about Rael and his followers the Raelians;
viewtopic.php?p=9652#9652
A few curiosities;
Rael has his own "angels" (a group of woman who wear feathers in devotion to Rael). Let"s just say that Rael has no lack in personal needs. His life is like "heaven on Earth", -for which, -of course, -he accepts the responsability of guiding the lives of thousands of individuals who venerate him as "His Holiness".
I have to admit that I envy him sometimes.....but then I think of all the people who's lives I would have to help, console, and give advice to.... And I remember how difficult it must be...... to be a friend to thousands at a time and sort out all the gold diggers and false friends, and jealous lovers, and pissed-off'd old boyfriends.

This poor guru is constantly being spied upon by hungry would-be investigative reporters that sign-up for the various seminars put on by Rael"s closest and finest. The fame seeking reporters infiltrate these intimate sessions just to try and get sexual dirt on the man and his religion. They continue to attack him for his declaration of having birthed the very first cloned human being. He simply looks for publicity of ANY KIND. Good or Bad, it does not matter so long as his Kabalistic message gets out there.
He wants to build his temple (embassy) in Israel to openly invite the first public landing of Extraterrestrial aliens called the ELOHIM.

I have met Rael (Claude VORILHON) -the man, and I wish him nothing but the best. One of his followers (call him Roy) is one of my best friends. Roy is also a wonderful guardian and accompanied me to the Las Vegas reunion last year. All I have is praise for the people who follow this "movement". They may have a rather eccentric leader which I do not believe in, but the people who live this lifestyle are worthy of respect. They have a very healthy and happy way about them, and they respect me as a neutral party.

I hope we can get one of the Raelians to post in our forum actually because these people have a pretty good idea about the implications which are comming to light about "first contact".
Let me tempt one of them into posting by publishing this image which only the Raelians will recognize as a partial construction of their dream project:

Kevin, I think you would surely get along real well with just about everyone in the movement that I've ever met. I"m not sure if you would want to pay to hear anything Rael has to say however, because as far as I know our hobbit "already has" all the wisdom offered in these seminars.
They are having a reunion in Las Vegas in late March 2008 (around 24th)
if anyone is interested, I can send details.

Any takers?

Trickfox
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

I personally have no problem with anyone thinking and acting however they believe.
The content of this book will act as a magnet, so better to look around and evaluate .
Its the swastika with curved arms that always catchs my attention.
I can't help it, it is at the centre of any locality I dowse.

So its no use me ignoring it, or not acknowledging the fact that I find this detectable shape, it has curved arms ,and the four outlets forming a cross are aprox at 90 degrees, they vary slightly.
If you look back in history as much as I do, you also fall over this symbol constantly.
I do understand the deep seated feelings about this symbol,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

I though can only report what I detect, its no use hiding anything whatever or whoever it is, so this symbol is at the core of creation , IMO, if it is here, I consider it will be everywhere.

So if anyone arrives here with this , it will be better to understand it , rather than just hide it away because some plonker used it for evil.
Though if they had triumphed in the last war, we may all have been informed of a different story of history?
To the victor the history.
We have our own similer chap here, he is called David Icke, the more he shouts, the less I take any notice.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Langley
Senior Officer

The CIA and its forewarning role

Post by Langley »

I dont know Victoria, but:

From "Above Top Secret" by Timothy Good. Page 356, Good quotes from CIA documents released under FOI:
1. Memo written 27 May 1976:
"...The source also felt that it could be analyzed outside the context of its UFO connection if necessary to remove it from a controversial subject.
As before we are faced with the problem of having UFO related data which is deemed potentially important for the US by our S&T (Science and Technology) sources, evaluated. As you are aware, at this time there is no channel or working group to which we can turn for this type of analysis and dissemination. Thus, if it is acceptable to you we will continue to periodically advise you or your designee of any new or potentially important FI (Foreign Intelligence) developments which might arise from current independent scientific research on the UFO phenomena. "

2. Memo dated 14 July 1976:
"....DCD had been recieving UFO related material from many of our S&T sources who are presently conducting research. These scientists include some who have been associated with the Agency for years and whose credentials remove them from the "nut" variety.
The attached material came to my attention through these sources and it appears to have some legitimate FI or community interest potential.
The (deleted) work being carried out by Dr. (deleted) should, in the view of our S&T sources, be evaluated by the Agency or community...."

3. Letter to Timothy Good from CIA Information and Privacy Coordinator, 1983:

"The Agency interest lies in its forewarning responsibility. The interest is principally in the possibility of a hostile power developing new weapons systems which might exhibit phenomena that some might categorize as an UFO." (Larry T Strawderman, CIA, to Timothy Good 1983)

Chapter 71, Missing Daddy, Paul writes and cites:
"But after January, 1957, Townsend Brown went back to whatever it was that really preoccupied him. It took only a few months for his public involvement with NICAP to satisfy his own long range needs for that affiliation.

Writing to a journalist in 1976, Dr. Brown explained his involvement in the formation of NICAP this way:

The organization of NICAP was an effort on my part to obtain world-wide surveillance for the purpose of obtaining UFO behavioral characteristics. I had hoped, from these data, to get some hint as to their method of propulsion. I recognized that there was no explanation in contemporary physics. If there were an explanation, it might have come from a more advanced civilization.

Now, after 20 years, I am a little disappointed. No solid technical evidence has been obtained. I am completely at a loss to understand the reasons. It is entirely possible that the human race has not progressed far enough to understand or to be able to use this information.

Yes, even twenty years later, Dr. Brown still managed to express his disappointment with the NICAP’s ultimate inability to get to the bottom of the UFO phenomenon. But knowing him as we do now, we have every reason to suspect that it achieved his real purpose: Starting NICAP not only got his name associated permanently with what many consider to be a “fringeâ€
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

A great exposition Langley. It has put many things into a viable context, at least for me.