Chapter 71: Missing Daddy

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
James Barrett

all

Post by James Barrett »

interesting observations Yours Langley. Great post.

On this:

"So was Dr Brown seen by some in the 'community' as an aid to their forewarning role and by others as someone who was too advanced to be understood and so a threat to the forewarning role, and yet seemingly congruent at least with certain aspects of alien technology in the work he was doing and had done to be seen as a potential source of uncontrolled and therefore insecure technical information? "

Was there an internal tussle going on over what to do about Dr Brown and his advanced observations?

My thinking on the subject? All of it. JDB
Trickfox
The Magician

THANKS

Post by Trickfox »

C'est incroyable,... Magnifique....

This type of historical viewpoint is of great value Langely. I am thanking you for sharing it.

Trickfox
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

This Is Why It's A "First Draft"

Post by Paul S. »

...and why I'm doing it digitally...

In the course of coming through my notes while cobbling together the next chapter, I came across a notation in an e-mail msg from Linda Brown that reminded me of something that I left out of this chapter.

I thought about just putting this bit of business in the next chapter, but it really belongs in this one. And it's important enough that I should not be left for the next draft.

So, if you follow this link:

https://www.ttbrown.com/defying_gravity ... tml#theset

...that will take you straight to a few paragraphs -- and a photo -- that I have just dropped in near the end of Chapter 71.

I'm sure you'll all realize upon reading this addendum why it is important, and why it belongs here rather than someplace later.

Interesting posts here, btw, but I've kinda got my blinders up here so that I can get this next chapter done early next week.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: THANKS

Post by Langley »

Shucks people. If my wife hadnt insisted on steam cleaning the carpets, I wouldnt have cleaned out the spare room and "Above Top Secret" would have remained lost behind the book case. And then I found "Nukes in Space" for 9 bucks at the local store. I just had to be blind not to see the way the context of the times was maybe a major driver in all this. That cesium cloud is dang interesting. The high altitude stuff I can find some record of. Cant find any direct reference to the low level stuff over Florida, had to be low level, it wouldnt have been a concern at 94 km. Its fascinating that there is a documented Cesium comparative excess and nothing else. (if it came from "normal" fallout ( ) then there would be a comparative excess of all longer lived isotopes ie cesium and strontium etc. These things being created in the same steady proportions with each bomb(some variability according to bomb type) but its just cesium so it didnt come from a bomb, but its 'hidden' in the noise of fallout measurements.

The first thing perhaps the Soviets would have done prior to an ICBM attack would be to knock out the satellites....

What others have said lays the groundwork. "Look for one that wobbles".

Thats going to stick in my head for a good few months. Which side is going to build a UFO first? Is there an alien link? If so are Brown's observations and his technology already "duplicated" and perfected by off worlders?

If so could the Soviets benefit by observation?
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

to each his own

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Langley,

Its my impression is that each person who reads Pauls words will be called through their own inspiration to investigate things further and in their own particular directions. How wonderful that will be!

So in a way Pauls book will not need nor be expected to " spell everything out", and its better that he doesn't attempt to do that but leaves some room for other investigations. I think personally that each reader is invested with special interests and talents ( as you are, obviously) and each of us will follow these intuitions and interest into wildly different paths. So each of us becomes a chosen member of this thing that is happening.

Thats what makes this process so very interesting! Someone said here that this forum is a " living breathing thing" which is sort of an odd thing to think about but I look forward to seeing what others develop out of this material. I sure have learned alot about short wave radios that I never knew before! Elizabeth
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: to each his own

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Langley,

Its my impression is that each person who reads Pauls words will be called through their own inspiration to investigate things further and in their own particular directions. How wonderful that will be!

Thats what makes this process so very interesting! Someone said here that this forum is a " living breathing thing" which is sort of an odd thing to think about but I look forward to seeing what others develop out of this material. I sure have learned alot about short wave radios that I never knew before! Elizabeth
Hi Elizabeth, yes, very true. This is a stunning chapter from my slant. And from other angles too that I cant see Im sure.

I wonder if Doctor Brown had a list of shortwave transmission frequencies and times. They change regularly according to the sun spot cycle. These days the UN coordinates it internationally. The reflectivity of ionosphere varies with frequency of transmission and stage of solar cycle.

And of course during the Cold War the transmissions often had code words embedded in whatever dialogue was going. Sadly the days when Radio Moscow transmitters were so powerful they could cook a chook in free flight are long gone.

http://www.rthk.org.hk/mediadigest/2006 ... 20771.html

Though I guess Dr Brown might have been doing more than one thing at the same time. Like using reception to monitor the state of the ionosphere for other purposes.

http://www.sec.noaa.gov/SolarCycle/

Maybe if the right layers are sufficiently pumped, the cesium could be dispensed with.....
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

brilliant observation!

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Langley

What a brilliant observation!
"Though I guess Dr Brown might have been doing more than one thing at the same time. Like using reception to monitor the state of the ionosphere for other purposes."

You are right of course. He could have been using what looked like a shortwave to also be monitoring the state of the ionosphere .... however it happened to work, maybe that was a characteristic also? Great thought. Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Langley wrote:

Though I guess Dr Brown might have been doing more than one thing at the same time. Like using reception to monitor the state of the ionosphere for other purposes.

http://www.sec.noaa.gov/SolarCycle/

Maybe if the right layers are sufficiently pumped, the cesium could be dispensed with.....
Langley et al...isn't this part of what HAARP is about, heating atmospheric layers to produce certain effects for something or other ?

flow.... 8)
Last edited by flowperson on Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dancing is better than marching
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

wobbling saucers?

Post by Victoria Steele »

I loved that beach shot of Linda and her Mom and would not have noticed the shortwave sitting in the back until you menioned it. It is definitely the same one that is in the Bahnson film at the lab. You guys are such sleuths!

I have always wondered why he would make such a point of showing it off because it wasn't really part of any experiment there. But as we all have learned by now he had a reason for doing almost everything and reaching for that knob on the radio and featuring it had to be a plan.

So he took it everywhere. THATS really interesting.

Langley seems to think that the report of Dr. Browns interest in saucers that wobble is really important. So I wondered why didn't that little story end up in the " book" too? There is no mention of her dad asking Linda to sort through the NICAP papers for a craft that " wobbled". Doesn't that comment deserve to be in that chapter too? I think its awfully interesting. ( Especially because it also proves that he had contacts still with NICAP and was actively monitoring the network that he had set up. And he was obviously looking for something particular.)

Or maybe right now Langley is supposed to be the only one with that information? Victoria
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: wobbling saucers?

Post by Paul S. »

Victoria Steele wrote:
Yeah, especially the part about it being with him in a canoe, but not on a Sunfish.
Langley seems to think that the report of Dr. Browns interest in saucers that wobble is really important. So I wondered why didn't that little story end up in the " book" too? There is no mention of her dad asking Linda to sort through the NICAP papers for a craft that " wobbled". Doesn't that comment deserve to be in that chapter too? I think its awfully interesting. ( Especially because it also proves that he had contacts still with NICAP and was actively monitoring the network that he had set up. And he was obviously looking for something particular.)
Most of that stuff did not come up (save the oblique reference to Rose Hackett) until after 71 was posted. There might be a way to wedge it into 72, but I might also have to set it up by going back and making yet another addendum to 71.

As for 72: turns out this chapter has more documentation around it than any of the previous installments. There's Dr B's notebooks, there's also Agnew Bahnson's notebooks. There are summaries of both in a couple of publications I've been collecting (anybody ever read "The Electric Spacecraft Journal" ?). And there's at least one patent I have to figure out. So it's taking the usual "longer than expected"

Oh, yeah, and then there's trying to dodge the steamroller on Broadway. So it's been a busy week.

And Ann and I are in the Smoky Mountains for the weekend. Fortunately the Inn has wireless...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Speaking of which....

Post by Paul S. »

... does anybody know if the "Adamski Scout Ship".... 'wobbled' ?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Golden Compass

Post by Victoria Steele »

If the Townsend Brown story theme was ever told IN ANOTHER DIMENSION then it would be in the Golden Compass where there are floating airships, personal Daemons accompanying each person, an ultimate fight between a force trying to maintain their free will and a sinister force trying to take it away .... A world that had massive and wonderfully armored icebears ... and a little girl that is entrusted with a golden compass which shows her the way ... a sort of " dust" that is the connection with the entire universe.... and her determination to honor her fathers work and somehow " make things right" for the future, the threat of a coming turmoil .......

And then I look at that picture of that little girl standing right next to Dr. Brown and the canoe I think .... gee .... in THIS world .... her story is pretty darned close.

Its a beautiful film Paul. Settle into watching it and see if you don't see the similarities that I saw. I thought of Curtis LeMay stepping up on a lab stool to change a lightbulb for Linda Brown and I wondered if he and maybe especially our own Mr. Twigsnapper could be icebears too. Victoria
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

flowperson wrote: Langley et al...isn't this part of what HAARP is about, heating atmospheric layers to produce certain effects for something or other ?

flow.... 8)
Absolutely flow, the stated aims of HAARP on its official site (Uni Alaska) goes into its official brief. Monitoring Ionospheric conditions and attempting to moderate things such as the worst effects of solar storms. By the local heating via RF beaming into specific layers. This produces local heating and other effects.

However, other websites go into the history and the concept of using the electrical potential in the ionosphere. They go into weather warfare and other things, which are hotly disputed by orthodox scientists. But on the face of it,
its very Tesla.
earthpulse.com/haarp/haarp20010103.html
(theres heaps of others)
Official site:
www.haarp.alaska.edu/
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: brilliant observation!

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Langley

What a brilliant observation!
"Though I guess Dr Brown might have been doing more than one thing at the same time. Like using reception to monitor the state of the ionosphere for other purposes."

You are right of course. He could have been using what looked like a shortwave to also be monitoring the state of the ionosphere .... however it happened to work, maybe that was a characteristic also? Great thought. Elizabeth
Elizabeth, do you remember talk of the Soviet Wood Pecker? The Honolulu time pulse?

A normal shortwave radio can be used to assess the state of the ionosphere. When things arent as projected , you get skip reception on frequencies and from regions you wouldnt expect. If you were listening for pops and crackles from top secret nuke tests and you knew the time of detonation, you'd hear here them. Normally, a shortwave broadcast has to be timed, allocated a suitable frequency that will bounce at the transmission time and it has to be aimed at the selected listening country. When things get scrambled you hear regions and frequencies that wouldnt normally bounce to your location. The shortwave radio pictured doesn't look like the cheap tin pot variety.

Its possible on that on the frequencies Dr Brown listened to, he might from time to time have been listening for break through signals from other sources, other events. Just as the Wood Pecker used to cheese people off. (Like trying to listen for Radio Netherlands and having the Ruskies break in with hours of "chirp chirp". Wonder what they were really doing.) Massive amounts of juice they pumped out with that thing.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: wobbling saucers?

Post by Langley »

Victoria Steele wrote:I loved that beach shot of Linda and her Mom and would not have noticed the shortwave sitting in the back until you menioned it. It is definitely the same one that is in the Bahnson film at the lab. You guys are such sleuths!

I have always wondered why he would make such a point of showing it off because it wasn't really part of any experiment there. But as we all have learned by now he had a reason for doing almost everything and reaching for that knob on the radio and featuring it had to be a plan.

Or maybe right now Langley is supposed to be the only one with that information? Victoria
Ah, noooo. I just think its important because its a very earthly engineering problem solving sign. Controlled instability = poise and response. (ie a wobble is a form of instability which is controlled by a control system based on negative feedback) It also implies skill required. You know those fighter planes with forward canted wings? (swept forward wings rather than swept back) they have the same problem. the Yaw problem (left- right wobble) is solved by computer assisted control. But because the plane is ready to turn at any instant, its abilty to respond to the helm and change direction (transient response) is awesomely quick. If youre good, you can do the same in a Chevvy Corvair or VW or Porsche when changing direction. But you might end up on your head if youre not.. Brown might have been looking for evidence the craft had to obey certain natural laws. Like polar moments of momentum. If UFOs went on sale Ralph Nader would complain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moment_of_inertia
Grumman X29 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wing

Let's put it another way. Take a VW (an old one) going around a corner. The tail comes out. The driver over corrects and the tail swings back the other way. It tail swing gets worse and the VW fish tails down the road. Its wobbly in the lateral plane. Take the same car and put Al Unser in it. Tell him to wobble the VW in a controlled manner for ten miles. Piece of cake for Al. Being inherently unstable, the VW wobble when controlled, allows rapid changes in direction. It wants to swap ends naturally, so when controlled its poised, always ready to change direction. Like a wobbling UFO. The challenge is to impose stability, damping down the tendency toward loss of control. Very earthly problem that. Things in nature tend to come to a conclusion. Very few unintelligent things can hang for long periods in a wobble. The wobble naturally would get worse and worse or die down to a standstill. The sustained wobble implies clearly the existence of an imposed control mechanism. That means willful deliberate design. Cant be swamp gas or Venus. Must be a craft. Technology. Intelligence. Using engineering laws to establish the fact.
Ed Cole's controlled wobbler:
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/editor ... t-corviar/

I dont know enough about the set to understand it apart from it appears to be. A shortwave radio. Im totally ignorant about "the set". I can only relate to it as if it were a short wave radio. I have a Sangean, a Yeasu, a Kenwood, and a cheap Chinese thing (works well). Got a blast when I picked up Alaska a few ago.

Honestly Im not in the know. Apart from the stuff I personally study.