Chapter 70: Look Ma, No Hands -- Or Head

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: thank you for that

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:I appreciate what you did for me there. I don't have UTube, ( probably couldn't handle all the input if I did so generally I don't miss it ... but I needed this. Thanks for doing that for me.

"'Cause every time it rains,
You're here in my head,
Like the sun coming out--
Ooh, I just know that something good is gonna happen.
And I don't know when,
But just saying it could even make it happen.

It's you and me, Daddy.

It's you and me... Daddy"

I am reminded of the words that Townsend Brown wrote to his daughter ( before she was born) " Remember daughter, these words are as true as the rain on the window above your head." Its you and me Daddy" indeed.

Elizabeth

Tear down my cheek.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

psdd the hankie

Post by Victoria Steele »

I agree with you Langley. That whole UTUBE made me think of Linda and her Dad, even with the short hair. Reminds me of the little girl standing next to Helen, and its even more poignant when you realize that she called her Father " Daddy" for her entire life, as Paul pointed out in his Prologue.

I think that she would have done whatever he ever asked of her, pushed whatever load he needed pushed and like the video, most of the time her face would be in the shadows.

And I just know that the next few chapters are going to be interesting for us on the personal level. What happens now with the family? Helen is "stationed" with them but how long will that last? " She came for lunch and stayed three years" Josephine is quoted as saying. So Linda will lose that friendship soon and then what happens?

More moves, without saying. How Sad! Really. No good girlfriends in her early teens, no stable home. Its a wonder she didn't blame her father for what she was missing.

Did that ever happen Paul? I wonder, because she sure would be entitled to being sort of shafted. I can see that happening possibly. Victoria
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

empty classroom

Post by Mark Culpepper »

I feel a little like a student in an empty classroom....... wondering what I am doing here...... without the teacher. Still the pull is strong and I can see that others have been leaving their chalk messages on the blackboard. So I guess it alright. Paul will have plenty to do..... as always when Monday morning comes around.

I keep thinking of that too Victoria. Amazing to me that Linda harbored no grudge. Like any preteenager. (I am sort of waiting for the other shoe to drop with her.) Where is the rebellion?..... The smoking?..... the drinking?..... all that good behind the bleachers type of wild stuff?..... I am getting the impression that the first wild move she made .... was with Morgan.... and her parents acted ...... as if they almost owed her that happiness? Am I wrong in seeing that?

The picture of Townsend Brown and his son in London ( Joseph?) is certainly an interesting study in body language. I can't really tell what was going on. But its certainly not the relaxed smile that was on his face with Mr. Twigsnapper in Paris. Seems more a smile of pride in this tall boy .... but there is alot more there. Can anyone tell us what Josephs take was on his Dads career? Did he know anything about his Dads work? He didn't apparently ever really come back to live with the family since .... the farm at Zanesville in ..... 1953? ...he went off to Ohio State?.. I wonder how Josephine felt about all of this? Was she hurt that he didn't want to put on a lab coat like his Dad? But could she have ever said anything to the boy about the importance of all of that. No, I think not. Maybe she just wanted him to have his own life and his own path. Maybe she packed his bags for him.

Ah, just scribblings on a clear part of the blackboard. Maybe if you read this and you can Paul...... Maybe you can see if an answer is somewhere in your head for these questions. Or maybe we just have to wait for it. I will understand. But they are worthwhile questions I think, don't you? MarkC
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

other shoe

Post by twigsnapper »

MarkC,

I enjoyed your last post. The teacher in you and your experience with young folks shines through. Knowing your trade I guess you might call it.

And it is true I guess that many youngsters go through that rejection phase. Where everything that is offered by parents is somehow discounted. Stiffarmed. Have to do that to gain their own independence.

Its quite a different age now than when I was a kid. There is so much offered today. Such a wide field to reject. When I was that age there was a war that swallowed most of us up, some to return, others not. We worked out all of our agressions and whatever on that stage. And I think we grew up faster than , for example, the pampered Main Line kid right outside Philadelphia (who might have been a classmate of Lindas in the early sixties) There was rejection of the fine houses, there was drinking, and smoking (pot and otherwise) and sometimes one or two of the girls in the crowd might have gotten " in trouble" but Linda, from what I have been told and observed, seemed apart from most of that. First of all, she was never in one place long enough to pick up on the outside influences. (And whatever was there of course had to go through the in- place filter named Charles Wyatt Miller). By the time she did " slow down" in her shifts from school to school ( her two years at Great Valley) she had established very strongly her own personal code of ethics and behavior.

I know that Josephine and Townsend Brown never worried about their daughter making wrong choices. She decided early on that she would not smoke. And drinking was not enticing to her. She avoided those who endulged in it too much and actually rejected it on taste alone.

I guess the only chink in this teenagers well ordered social armour was in the form of this red headed fellow that Paul has named Morgan. Morgan could have presented a very early heartbreak to this young girl. Certainly he was capable of taking advantage of the feelings that she developed for him. But as Paul has written he decided that was not to be his role in her life. How was it put " That he was there to protect and not exploit".

So you can see that Lindas changeover from teenager to young adult did not have the standard problems perhaps than those classmates of hers. She was dealing with a whole Universe of different situations and was unique in her choices. Still is.

Just my two cents, twigsnapper
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

Wyatt?

Post by Victoria Steele »

Had Paul ever used Charles full name? I don't remember. Interesting that you would choose to use it now Mr. Twigsnapper. You don't usually volunteer extra information like that so of course I am wondering if there is and agenda in that move? Or did it just come forward? Wyatt huh. Why do I think that might someday be important? Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Mr twigsnapper,
Thank goodness, I thought everyone had flown off to Mars or somewhere.
As a horse man sir, you will study the blood lines?
I reckon Linda Brown can cope very well for herself, whatever hand is dealt.
I often talk with the ladies in my shop about our need for them to fully realise their potential, I for one would be very happy , in this age of aquarious ( by the way, what birth signs are everyone?, I am sagitarious )
For them to again take the reins, we need them to, the men are plonkers.

I would be more than happy if they would, we need you girls to realise what you are,. very very superior.
The males ( stallions , have their role ) but the female dowses as superiopr, far bigger field.
I actually compare people, constantly, and the females are so powerfull.

Anyway, as far as I am concerned , the fillies are tops, each male can be far superior in one given area, but the ladies can operate in ten at a time.

Have you actually looked at our governments, they look like dummies out of a tailors window, I think they are, dummies.

There appears to be an adjenda, a force that is centralised on gold, and the promised land (ing) area is central.
I have just found out that my dearest friends great grandfather was,
http://www.tzemachdovid.org/gedolim/jo/ ... hchai.html

Why would his great grand daughter befriend ME so?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Forgot to mention,
This is my friends father, you will know his voice from the BOND movies, co-incidence?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rietti
She is a lady, she really is.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

KEVIN WROTE:
Thank goodness, I thought everyone had flown off to Mars or somewhere.

COMMENT
I'd prefer to opt for Venus -- the higher dimension thereof, that is.

Thanks for your reply on the Cloudbuster. Perhaps when I have time, I'll enlist a friend or two in a Cloudbuster project and see how it works.

With that family background, your friend should be quite a lady.

Griffin
James Barrett

Jason Group????

Post by James Barrett »

I just happened to come across this and thought that I would ask members of this forum who this " Jason Group" is. I ran across mention of them here
http://www.pehi.eu/organisations/JASON/ ... JASONS.htm
Notice how they conveniently avoid mentioning their individual names. And this is from the NRO.

http://www.nro.gov/PressReleases/prs_rel40.html

"NRO HONORS PIONEERS OF NATIONAL RECONNAISSANCE
August 18, 2000

Forty years ago today, the world received its first pictures from space when a CORONA satellite capsule carrying film was caught in midair by an Air Force C-119 aircraft. With this recovery, space photo reconnaissance became a reality.

In honor of this anniversary, the National Reconnaissance Office is proud to announce the selection of 46 Pioneers who made significant and lasting contributions to the discipline of national reconnaissance. Also acknowledged are 10 Founders of national reconnaissance, scientists who contributed to the founding of this space discipline. Ceremonies to recognize the Pioneers and the Founders are scheduled for Sept. 27 at the NRO's headquarters in Chantilly, Va.

The Pioneers of National Reconnaissance* are:

[cut out - no known names of JASON members]

The Founders of National Reconnaissance are: **********************

And then it goes on to name ten individuals, very interesting. All dead now of course. Which leaves me with the question about the "Jason Members?". Anybody studied this already? Doesn't quite sound as made up as Moores " Aviary" and I just wonder what there is to this?

Of course, I have to admit that I just finished reading the chapter where Dr. Brown mentioned the " Argonaut" to Morgan and .... wasn't that the name of Jasons ship in the ancient myths? Odd coincidences. JDB
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

JDB,
The link to the PEHI site is interesting, I looked through the Bohemian grove part , and found a picture of mr teller sat with past presidents there.
I can't get my head around these little boys clubs at all, very odd , and definately a strange adjenda , as mr Twigsnapper would say , behind them?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Chris Knight
Keeper of the Flame

Post by Chris Knight »

I received a bit of information from the Royal Naval Museum (British Royal Navy) regarding the uniforms of the sailors in the "Fouquet's" photo taken in Paris in 1956:
The gentlemen are junior ratings, apparantly dressed in a variant of number 2 uniform, (Sundays and Shore duties) of a navy blue serge suit, with red badges and navy lanyards. During the 1950s the ratings uniforms were undergoing change as branches of the navy underwent post-war reorganisation, particularly the badges.

The two at the front have a badge on the left arm, used for petty officer and good conduct badges (the right arm is used for trade badges, e.g. Engineer, Gunner and none are evident in this image). Due to the quality of the image, regrettably I am unable to identify which badge they are wearing.

I can recommend you try and obtain the following through Inter-Library-Loans or at a good reference library:

Wilkinson-Latham, Robert, The Royal Navy, 1790-1970. Osprey (15 Jun 1977 )
ISBN-10: 0850452481

May, W et al, Badges and insignia of the British armed services. A & C Black. (1974)
ISBN-13: 978-0850452488
Andrew
Qualight Environmental
(http://www.qualight.com, http://www.qualightenv.com, http://www.qualightscp.com)

"If you think the situation is under control, then you don't truly understand the situation."
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

They are English then?

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Thank you so much Andrew. The sailors are ENLISH then, without a doubt?

Does anyone find that an odd combination. A traveling American Scientist, a dapper dude with strong ties to the English Admiralty and four English sailors? In Paris? The month before the Crabb incident?

This picture I certainly appreciate Mr. Twigsnapper. Still working on it because I know that its the only lead that you can give to us. I have noticed for a long time that in the picture your left hand is placed on the shoulder of one of the sailors. Its not a gesture of guys who just met a moment before the picture ( why would they choose to have a picture taken if that were the case.... Americans ... maybe .... but then there is that " hand on the shoulder" and that gives me the feeling that this is a TEAM. and they certainly knew each other. And for some reason this picture was important. And this just might be the moment bubbling to the surface. Almost there.

What ship are they off, these English sailors, and what was their assignment. Any sons or daughters out there reading this right now recognize your Dad?

Thanks for the research Andrew. Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

JDB...All you ever wanted to know about the Jason Group, including lots of names.

flow.... :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JASON_Defe ... sory_Group
Dancing is better than marching
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Mikado14 »

flowperson wrote:JDB...All you ever wanted to know about the Jason Group, including lots of names.

flow.... :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JASON_Defe ... sory_Group
And just look at some of the studies:

Turbulent Boundary Layer Drag Reduction, (May 2003)

Opportunities at the Intersection of Nanoscience, Biology and Computation, (November 2002)

Spintronics, (February 2001)

Molecular Electronics: Interfacing the Nano- and Micro-Worlds, (May 2000)

Electro Thermal Chemical Gun Technology Study (March 1999)

Quantum Computing (July 1996)

Inertial Confinement Fusion (ICF) Review (March 1996)

JASON Global Grid Study (July 1992)

Laser Propulsion Study (Summer 1977)

Looks like some of us are not so crazy. Junior Rocketmen away!

Now one wonders why Mr Deere would mention this. Oh, JD, Jason and the Argonauts was mentioned here prior and was one of my favorite movies as a kid and I try to catch it whenever it is on. Do you believe that the "Argonaut" that Dr. Brown talked about was ever built?

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Does Newton Know About This?

Post by Paul S. »

kevin.b wrote:The gap between the earth and the ionosphere is a capacitor, if you alter locally this, you will alter the ability of the capacitor.

The earth is positive, the ionosphere and above negative, the negative chases to the positive, hence we have a net downward push called gravity.
That's the first time I've seen a theory of gravity in such straightforward terms. Very interesting. Kevin, is that your own original idea, or have others postulated along similar lines?

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer