Chapter 70: Look Ma, No Hands -- Or Head

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Tellers visit

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Langley,

More properly it would be said that, in one instance at least, it was Brown who went to Teller at his home across the bay from San Francisco. The year was 1967 and Teller had been asked to attend a meeting in the desert in April at Mr. Odlums ranch but had been "elsewhere." I understand that disgruntled Mr. Odlum but rather than see " ruffled feathers" Dr. Brown volunteered to drive up to talk to Dr. Teller personally.

He took with him one of the demonstration fans and it was Lindas understanding that was what the meeting was all about. I understand though that she had spent at least an hour walking around the campus before she joined her Father and it was just then that they began talking about the fan. What were they talking about before that? That hasn't been disclosed.

Putting things in the proper time frame however which might help you with your path. Dr. Brown had left Deckers a few months earlier. There is , I believe ,a golden thread in those activities.

Perhaps the timeframe helps you see something that the rest of us will not. Linda will admit that she THOUGHT that what was being developed was the fan/loudspeaker, but it might be that was just the cover activity. Perhaps you will be the one to uncover Dr. Tellers participation in all of this. Happy Thanksgiving! Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Did the baking today...dinner rolls, pumpkin pie, and the pecan rolls are ready to come out now. Tomorrow turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, relish tray, and chardonnay. Hope I'll still be able to move my fingers after all that. Mmmmmmm.

flow.... :roll:
Dancing is better than marching
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: Tellers visit

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Langley,........

Perhaps you will be the one to uncover Dr. Tellers participation in all of this. Happy Thanksgiving! Elizabeth
Hi Elizabeth. I cant find anything yet, there are some google leads, but the servers are all now disconnected (or whatever).

I did find a reference to a French guy H Chamut (sp) but the references are in French.

However, again I found activity in Japan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takaaki_Musha

Takaaki Musha (born September 17, 1951) is a Japanese research engineer. He received M.E. and Ph.D. degrees from Shinshu University, Nagano, Japan, in 1977 and 1994, respectively, both in material science and mechanical engineering. He joined the Advanced Space Propulsion Investigation Committee (ASPIC) in 1994, which was organized under the Japan Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, the purpose of which was to study non-chemical space propulsion systems.

He has been working for the Technical Research & Development Institute of the Ministry of Defense (Japan) as a research engineer on naval systems. He is a member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) , the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers and the Marine Acoustics Society of Japan. He has published numerous articles in scientific and engineering journals. In addition to acoustics, his research interests include physics of faster-than-light (also known as superluminal) phenomena,[1],anti-gravitational propulsion,[2], and non-conventional energy sources,[3]. From 1992 to 1996, he conducted experiments to confirm the Biefeld-Brown effect solely and later cooperated with the research group of the Honda R&D institute, [4], and obtained positive results. He also derived the formula to explain the electrogravitic effect from the weak-field approximation of Einstein's General Relativity Theory; a formula that was similar to the formula obtained by Boyko V.Ivanov,[5], which was derived from the Weyl-Majumdar-Papapetrou solutions of the General Relativity Theory.

suzuki-t.hp.infoseek.co.jp/pdf/bbe.pdf

http://lifters.online.fr/lifters/musha/index.htm

"Explanation of the dynamical biefield brown Effect from the standpoint of ZPF

On attempting to verify the qualifications and employment status of Takaaki Musha, this seems to confirm it. His University doesnt have an alumni list.

http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/2 ... 997178.php

All I can find on Teller in that time frame is that he was devoting time mainly to teaching and research.

I thought at one stage Teller walked around the fan and said he didnt understand how it worked. Is that the same meeting Elizabeth?

Paul
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

walking around it

Yes, things here are shutting down too, and I shouldn't even perhaps be sitting here ... but ... just for a moment. I hope that Thanksgiving dawns as beatutifully for you Paul. (Langley)

It is exactly that meeting. Probably May or June, not much later than that.

The reason that I mentioned that Townsend Brown and Edward Teller must have been speaking about something else during the hour or so that Linda was taking a little walk around the campus. .... was that Dr. Brown had not even started up the fan yet, until she arrived.

I have wondered alot why that was. Was it important for him to have her there to note the mans reaction? Or .... were they talking about something previous to that which she could not hear? Or was it BOTH. Of course .... at least .... both.

You have uncovered names and work I have not known about. I really thank you for that. Thowing another rose into the ring .... does the name Franklin Chang-Diaz mean anything to you yet? Has his path crossed your research yet? A very handsome man interested in plasma propulsion. He has a recognizable passion.

Elizabeth
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: walking around it

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Yes, things here are shutting down too, and I shouldn't even perhaps be sitting here ... but ... just for a moment. I hope that Thanksgiving dawns as beatutifully for you Paul. (Langley).....

It is exactly that meeting. Probably May or June, not much later than that.

.... does the name Franklin Chang-Diaz mean anything to you yet? Has his path crossed your research yet? A very handsome man interested in plasma propulsion. He has a recognizable passion.

Elizabeth
No, but looking him up, He Knows, I think. what struck me (aside from his gigantic skills and knowledge re fusion and plasmas, etc is this

STS-46 (July 31-August 8, 1992), was an 8-day mission during which crew members deployed the European Retrievable Carrier (EURECA) satellite, and conducted the first Tethered Satellite System (TSS) test flight. Mission duration was 191 hours, 16 minutes, 7 seconds. Space Shuttle Atlantis and her crew launched and landed at the Kennedy Space Center, Florida, after completing 126 orbits of the Earth in 3.35 million miles.

STS-75 (February 22 to March 9, 1996), was a 15-day mission with principal payloads being the reflight of the Tethered Satellite System (TSS) and the third flight of the United States Microgravity Payload (USMP-3). The TSS successfully demonstrated the ability of tethers to produce electricity. The TSS experiment produced a wealth of new information on the electrodynamics of tethers and plasma physics before the tether broke at 19.7 km, just shy of the 20.7 km goal. The crew also worked around the clock performing combustion experiments and research related to USMP-3 microgravity investigations used to improve production of medicines, metal alloys, and semiconductors. The mission was completed in 252 orbits covering 6.5 million miles in 377 hours and 40 minutes.

end quote from http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/Bios/htmlbios/chang.html

The thing is, the satellite missions of NASA are fundamental in experiments toward using the sun - earth circuit (ie the potential in th ionosphere and magentosphere) as a an electrical power source. The NASA experiments were aimed at producing voltage of use for space craft, but every day tera watts goes to waste down plug holes at the poles.

And it links in to ley lines and natural electricity, and so forth.

See also journal article 31 #
# "Operation of electric motors from atmospheric electric field," Am. J. Phys. 39, 776-779 (1971). http://www.as.wvu.edu/coll03/phys/www/OJ/jefimenk.html
Jefimenko powered an electric motor from a wire suspended from a weather balloon. Using the potential different between height and earth. that was in the 70s. The NASA tethered satillite missions were again, a more complex application of similar principles. Both are direct descendents of Benjamin Franklin's key and kite experiment (though you dont need lighting to tapped the terrestrial geodynamo. It is a potential source of independent power for craft. IMO.

And then there's this:
"Perhaps the most significant finding," Stone said, "is
that tether currents proved to be up to three times greater
than existing theoretical models predicted prior to the
mission. With the amount of power generated being directly
proportional to the current, this bodes well for
technological applications."

"Reversing the direction of current flow puts the system
into an electric-motor mode," Stone explained. This harnessed
energy could furnish thrust for reboosting a space station,
satellite or Shuttle in a decaying orbit."

and

"Other important revelations from the STS-75 mission
include observations of the satellite's thrusters interacting
with the ionosphere while moving rapidly in Earth orbit.
Stone said that, when the thrusters were fired to adjust the
satellite's spin rate, the neutral gas emitted became
ionized.

The tethered satellite researchers noted that, at that
point, "a sudden jump" took place in the level of current
flow, while the satellite's potential (voltage) dropped
several hundred volts. They traced this effect to the small
amount of gas, released from the thrusters, becoming ionized
in the vicinity of the satellite. A greater, more efficient
current flow was observed. "The effect of neutral-gas
ionization is not taken into consideration by existing
theoretical models of current collection in the ionosphere," ***
Stone said.

Also, for the first time ever, the high voltage plasma
sheath and wake of a high-voltage satellite moving rapidly in
the ionosphere was measured. "This is virtually impossible to
study in a laboratory and is difficult to model
mathematically," Stone said."
From http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/1996/96-106.txt

Seems to me that although this may be at first site somewhat off topic, its not, I think its crucial.

Funny how you mentioned a guy I'd never noticed who was on the one NASA mission sets Ive been fascinated by for year Elizabeth. Weird. Not.

This all relates back to Teller, Brown's involvement with the high alt. nukes out at sea, the H Bomb development, and in 1956, let's see, well, Bravo had already taken place, and wiki says "The first Soviet test of a "true" hydrogen bomb in the megaton range was on November 22, 1955. It was dubbed RDS-37 by the Soviets. It was of the multi-staged, radiation implosion thermonuclear design called Sakharov's "Third Idea" in the USSR and the Teller-Ulam design in the USA" So H bomb ability on both sides, K pans Stalin and Crabb episode. There's politics, (wouldnt be cool for Britain to promote internal Soviet tensions), there's espionage, and there's technology. And when you talk H bombs you talk fundamentally about resonance, density and conventionlly heat. But there are other unconventional cookbooks for a slow burn fusion. And I think oddly, the Tethered sat missions are a link in that chain.

*** There, its official. Not wacko science at all. Tesla's vision of an earth current driven aircraft, and Brown's search for an independent power source, both may hinge on this.

Paul
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

contributions

Thank you for those observations Langley ....how much fun all of this is!!!
How valuable your contributions!

I liked all of what you found. Especially this:

The tethered satellite researchers noted that, at that
point, "A SUDDEN JUMP" took place in the level of current
flow, while the satellite's potential (voltage) dropped
several hundred volts. They traced this effect to the small
amount of gas, RELEASED FROM THE THRUSTERS, BECOMING IONIZED,
in the vicinity of the satellite. A greater, more efficient
current flow was observed. "The effect of neutral-gas
ionization is not taken into consideration by existing
theoretical models of current collection in the ionosphere," ***
Stone said.

Also, for the first time ever, the HIGH VOLTAGE PLASMA SHEATH and WAKE of a high-voltage satellite moving rapidly in
the ionosphere was measured. "This is virtually impossible to
study in a laboratory and is difficult to model
mathematically," Stone said."
From http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/1996/96-106.txt

Thanks again Langley ... and an additional note .....SO YOU SEE TRICKFOX ..... ITS DIFFICULT FOR THEM TO UNDERSTAND TOO AND LOOK AT THE VIEW THEY HAVE.
Elizabeth
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

not wacko science AT ALL.

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Thats the beauty of this effort Paul has found himself in. While writing this book, (I agree with you Langley ...... none of this is "wacko science".) I think that Paul will discover more and more situations which will validate what Dr. Brown was saying so much earlier. The age has turned. Where people may have gotten away with calling this " wacko science" at one time, now they will just discredit themselves if they pull out that worn out phrase now. ( Not that I don't expect that to happen often! Better start getting ready for it Paul)

In the fifties Dr. Browns work was so far advanced that it was totally misunderstood during his time. But observations are now " bubbling to the surface " right now. Those " experts" who continue to ignore him and his contributions are going to risk showing how backward they actually are. As I said. The age has turned.

Can you imagine what it was like for a young kid from Puerto Rico to be in space? Paul S. is writing about Dr. Browns activities in 1955 .... that year Dr. Franklin Diaz Chang was only five years old! Now that will take you back some! As a teacher I am awed and impressed by his accomplishments.

What will be HIS contributions to this field one wonders?

And I know you noticed the gentle nudge in this direction Langley. The touch of the muse. " What she knows others haven't time to learn"
MarkC
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: not wacko science AT ALL.

Post by Langley »

Elizabeth has a fine bush and technique.

A lot of it is above me but there's a lot of stuff suppressed. And presented as "new discoveries" (eg. in my main sphere of knowledge there's this:
http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/s2084983.htm presented as "new".
But I have 1957 data and photos which show the same thing. Its odd.)

Hopefully the rightful originator in the case at hand (Brown) will get due credit. The myth of progress. They who control history control the future. And sometimes, when the plans they have for the future are threatened by the originator, well the originator ends up either locked out or locked up. And if by skill and intervention that doesn't happen, they become hidden in history, even at the unveiling of their knowledge. I hope this lid is well and truly blown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRHA9W-zExQ

(The song is a look at a special relationship between a boy and his father. It describes psychologist Wilhelm Reich's arrest and imprisonment through the eyes of his son, Peter, who wrote his father's story in A Book Of Dreams, published in 1973, on which the song is based. Wilhelm Reich is the inventor of the cloudbuster, which looks very much like the machine that is pictured on the cover of this single.

The music video, directed by Julian Doyle and conceived by Terry Gilliam and Kate Bush, features Donald Sutherland playing a father, and, most famously, Bush playing a young boy.)
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Langley,
Elizabeth can't view the youtube .
You need to explain what the link shows.
Whatever this orgone is?, it must give you a lot of strength, one middle aged scientist and his young daughter pulling what looks like a couple of tons of cloudbuster up a steep incline, wow. strong stuff.

The comparison to Dr Brown and his daughter is obvious, and she is as clued in as him.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Griffin
Senior Officer

ionization

Post by Griffin »

Langley-

A greater, more efficient current flow was observed. "The effect of neutral-gas
ionization is not taken into consideration by existing theoretical models of current collection in the ionosphere," Stone said.

COMMENT
I'm interested in whether it was a positive or negative ionization effect. I think it was probably the latter. The reason is that, in Chinese energetics practice, negative ions help create a chi/qi field which promotes an efficient and therapeutic energy flow within the body's meridians. This enhanced internal power can be applied externally.

Griffin
Griffin
Senior Officer

cloudbuster

Post by Griffin »

Kevin-

Do you have a model for an efficient yet relatively simple cloudbuster? Drought affects a lot of areas.

As ever,

Griffin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Griffin,
You ask about cloud busters, the answer is no, I dont have any plans, though I sense it is simple.
The hard bit to grasp will be the reaction and interaction of water.
You will need to drop all preconcieved ideas about things, and try to comprehend that everything is alive.
If you google cloud buster diagrams, I think you will get the basics.
Haarp is the big daddy though.
The gap between the earth and the ionosphere is a capacitor, if you alter locally this, you will alter the ability of the capacitor.

The earth is positive, the ionosphere and above negative, the negative chases to the positive, hence we have a net downward push called gravity.
Mess about with this, and you mess with the weather and gravity.

I think reich and tesla were driving spikes well into the earth, collecting this up and firing it up, thus attracting down the negative.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

kevin.b wrote:Langley,
Elizabeth can't view the youtube .
You need to explain what the link shows.
Whatever this orgone is?, it must give you a lot of strength, one middle aged scientist and his young daughter pulling what looks like a couple of tons of cloudbuster up a steep incline, wow. strong stuff.

The comparison to Dr Brown and his daughter is obvious, and she is as clued in as him.
Kevin
Oh, lyrics to Cludbusting by Kate Bush

I still dream of Organon.
I wake up cryin'.
You're making rain,
And you're just in reach,
When you and sleep escape me.

You're like my yo-yo
That glowed in the dark.
What made it special
Made it dangerous,
So I bury it
And forget.

But every time it rains,
You're here in my head,
Like the sun coming out--
Ooh, I just know that something good is gonna happen.
And I don't know when,
But just saying it could even make it happen.

On top of the world,
Looking over the edge,
You could see them coming.
You looked too small
In their big, black car,
To be a threat to the men in power.

I hid my yo-yo
In the garden.
I can't hide you
From the government.
Oh, God, Daddy--
I won't forget.

'Cause every time it rains,
You're here in my head,
And I don't know when,

It's you and me, Daddy.

It's you and me... Daddy---

It's you and me... Daddy---

E-yeah yeah yeah yeah yo-ohhhhhhhhhh

And every time it rains
You're here in my head
Like the sun coming out.
Your son's coming out.
And I don't know when,

Ooo-ohh, just saying it could even make it happen.

I'm Couldbusting Daddy.

Your son's coming out.
Your son's coming out.

end lyric.

Orgone energy is a term coined by psychoanalyst Wilhelm Reich for the "universal life energy" which he claimed to have discovered in published experiments in the late 1930s. Reich claimed that orgone energy was a "life energy" which filled all space, was blue in color, and that certain forms of illness were the consequence of depletion or blockages of the energy within the body. These theories are considered pseudoscience.[1][2][3]

Reich claimed that life was founded upon bioenergetic phenomena, and characterized by the pulsation of bioenergy, as with heart-beat, respiration, and bladder functions. Emotions and sexuality, he argued, also followed a similar basic bioenergetic pulsation, and optimal health necessitated open emotional expression and periodic sexual release of accumulated bio-energy. He measured bioelectrical signatures of emotional-sexual human subjective experiences, using sensitive millivoltmeters, interpreting these as expressions of a specific "bio-electric" life-energy. He later observed and developed objective measures to identify energetic fields around humans and other living forms, including microbes, and claimed the same bio-energy also charged non-living matter, and existed in a free form in the atmosphere. He argued the "orgone" bore a similarity to the older concept of cosmological ether of space. The orgone accumulator was developed as a means to objectively capture this energy from the atmosphere, and later was claimed to have both anomalous biological and physical effects. Reich also designed a device called the "cloudbuster", which he claimed could disperse clouds and produce rain.

the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) began an investigation into his claims, and won an injunction against the interstate sale of orgone accumulators. Charged with contempt of court for violating the injunction, Reich conducted his own defense, which involved sending the judge all his books to read, and arguing that a court was no place to decide matters of science. He was sentenced to two years in prison, and in August 1956, several tons of his publications were burned by the FDA.[6][5] He died of heart failure in jail just over a year later, days before he was due to apply for parole.[10] (Wiki)

Kate Bush's music video is a portrayal of of Reich (played by D. Sutherland) and his son ( played by Kate Bush with distressingly short hair for the purpose) shows the pair pulling a Cloud buster up a hill to make rain, Reich working on his notes, his arrest, and his being taken away by the Feds in the back of a black car as his distressed son looks on.

There is a concrete link between Brown and Reich as I posted in previous chapter forum ie.

At the Wilhelm reich Museum http://www.wilhelmreichmuseum.org/
there is an archive page
http://72.14.253.104/search?q=cache:7O3 ... clnk&cd=13

In box 19 there is correspondence from the Townsend Brown Foundation

Pdf page:
http://wilhelmreichmuseum.org/correspondence.pdf

and at (CTRL) NewPhysics http://www.mail-archive.com/ctrl@listse ... 30649.html
Last edited by Langley on Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: ionization

Post by Langley »

Griffin wrote:Langley-

A greater, more efficient current flow was observed. "The effect of neutral-gas
ionization is not taken into consideration by existing theoretical models of current collection in the ionosphere," Stone said.

COMMENT
I'm interested in whether it was a positive or negative ionization effect. I think it was probably the latter. The reason is that, in Chinese energetics practice, negative ions help create a chi/qi field which promotes an efficient and therapeutic energy flow within the body's meridians. This enhanced internal power can be applied externally.

Griffin
I dont know, however, I suspect the more efficient current flow would be caused by negative ions, the positive ions interacting with the field lines of the ionosphere.

Ordinarily the positive and negative ions which stream from sun to earth's magnetosphere, flow to the poles following the flux lines of earth's field.
Last edited by Langley on Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

thank you for that

I appreciate what you did for me there. I don't have UTube, ( probably couldn't handle all the input if I did so generally I don't miss it ... but I needed this. Thanks for doing that for me.

"'Cause every time it rains,
You're here in my head,
And I don't know when,

It's you and me, Daddy.

It's you and me... Daddy"

I am reminded of the words that Townsend Brown wrote to his daughter ( before she was born) " Remember daughter, these words are as true as the rain on the window above your head." Its you and me Daddy" indeed.

Elizabeth