Chapter 69: How Fast A Fat Pony

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Griffin
Senior Officer

Re: just a little bit

Post by Griffin »

twigsnapper wrote:Just a tad.

You may also be interested in Dr. Elizabeth Rs work .... along with Josh Reynolds II...... she ,I believe, was quoted that she could change the mood in a room, or even a whole community, toward the happy or the sad, given enough time and research dollars. She has some interesting connections. Anybody think this might be strange?

http://users.erols.com/iri/electrogravitics.html

She wrote the foreword. My, my, small world.

I believe that this forum has already mentioned her. Does an older gentleman falling down stairs ring any bells? Griffin? Sounding familiar?

Strangely I seem to be able to change moods without the money, but she is a serious individual and I just do it for the fun of it. twigsnapper
Twigsnapper-

It does sound familiar, although I can't readily bring the person and situation to mind. I seem to recall something like that happening to Adamski. From 1953 on, Adamski's associates seemed to feel that he sometimes acted strangely and out of character, as though under some unusual influence. At least that's what I heard from someone initially quite close to him. Given the obvious interest in discrediting Adamski and his anti-nuclear message, it wouldn't be surprising to learn that he had been targeted. Even Dr. Hynek, who seemed like an affable and principled sort, admitted to passing disinformation to Adamski during a visit to Mt. Palomar.

Griffin
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

TTBrown notebooks

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

This is interesting. I was just visiting Andrews site ( very nice, by the way!) and noticed this bit directly from the pen of Townsend Brown.

NOTEBOOKS

Formal laboratory notebooks were started in 1955 and for over 30 years have been continuously maintained. To date there are 7 bound books comprising 1050 pages, 434 sections or entries of experiments performed, experiments contemplated, "hair-brained" ideas and theoretical concepts good and bad. See Table of Contents at flyleaf of each volume. Most entries are signed, some are witnessed, all are dated for patent protection if such should ever be needed. Needless to say, the accumulation of this vast amount of technical information, valid or invalid, has been expensive. It is estimated that, over a period of 60 years, the costs have exceeded half-million dollars."

Anybody notice a glitch?

In actuality THESE notebooks were NOT continuously "written in" ( though his out toward truthfulness? might be the question " what does " maintained" mean?( All depends on what the definition of is ... is ....<g>......) for reasons known especially to Dr. Brown..... he stopped writing in those lab notebooks in October of 1958 and did not resume writing in them again until October 1967.

However if you look again at what Dr. Brown did write " continuously maintained". If we know that the first set of seven notebooks have a nine year gap in them .... then it is hard to figure why he would write. " continuously maintained" unless he was speaking also about writing in other notebooks during those nine years . Nine years is a large gap to be glanced over like that.

Thanks Andrew for posting that

http://www.qualight.com/personal/early.htm

Elizabeth
Griffin
Senior Officer

Puharich

Post by Griffin »

Twigsnapper-

I remembered the person and the situation of falling down stairs. It was Dr. Andrija Puharich and it happened at the estate of R.J. Reynolds Jr., where Puharich was staying. Dr. Elizabeth Rauscher was there too. Puharich died in the fall, but I think it was supposedly caused by a heart attack. He was under a lot of stress and in poor health, so it didn't seem unusual. Probably his primary focus at the time was ELF (Extremely Low Frequencies) research, its effects on humans and how to shield against it. As we know, he was also interested in "free energy."

As ever,

Griffin
Last edited by Griffin on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Calloway
Junior Birdman

on Adamski

Post by Martin Calloway »

Griffin , just a response on your remark about Adamski beginning to act strangely.

Do you think that most of the "discrediting" he took on entirely by himself? I don't remember all of the names of the " Venusians" ( was that it? Ortho?) that he mentioned meeting and taking flights with. You have to be totally whacked mentally to believe that others around you are going to be able to look at you after that with a straight face. But apparently the man was so sincere that many in fact did believe his stories.

Whats your take on that Griffin? Is that part of what you will be mentioning in your book? What sort of influence might he have been " under" ... or do you think that he " signed up" for this program voluntarily. (Or, as some have suggested, maybe he just a useful fool?)

And as far as Puharich having a heart attack. I just had a couple of thoughts on that. If I was investigating that , I would wonder. He probably died a natural death. But if I was a suspicious man I would wonder if the heart attack happened during the fall down the stairs? and I would wonder what Elizabeth R was doing trying to maintain residence there afterward? When you get into the world which she has chosen to inhabit not everything is as it at first seems. Martin
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

ALMOST 10,000

Post by Victoria Steele »

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS! AFTER THIS MESSAGE.... we have just twenty more to log and this forum will have fielded 10,000 responses and comments! Thats worth a little party and some whistle blowing and foot stomping. At least for me, cause you see I care ! And I intend to do that when it hits that mark! Just calling it to everybodys attention!

And while I am at it. THURSDAY PAUL? Victoria
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Victoria Steele,
You could be part answering Mr Twigsnappers little tale of a million coins?
If we are all one, then you have to add up from nought to the present number .
Nought and one make one,
one and one make two,
two and one make three,
Three and two make five,
And onward to wherever we are now.
Uncle fibonacci is one of my heroes.
Its all about a Phi, and pi, being baked, the ingreidients are in a sea, an OPC.
And in reverse , all can go back to one.
But it needs two to tango, so you have to have one and nought.

This book is part about two tangoing, good for them.

If we all go back to one and nought, then that will be an EVENT to watch out for, won't it?
Even if we have never met face to face, I reckon I could find some one in a millions who are part of this little journey.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Martin-

The "Venusians" contact, as with the entity dubbed Orthon, was certainly strange enough by itself. But even though later findings about the atmosphere of Venus rendered it a highly unlikely environment for life as we know it, the ongoing contact and trips into space didn't seem to discourage most of Adamski's associates. Desmond Leslie reconciled the Venus connection for himself with an interdimensional explanation from the "Koshas" or "other body densities" concept of Yoga and Theosophy. I personally believe that an interdimensional aspect is at work here and I do develop that in my book.

From what I can determine, people close to him found Adamski to be a remarkably clear thinker and talker. The odd behavior that manifested after 1952 had to do with notable lapses in his characteristic behavior. This was first particularly noted at a conference at Palomar Gardens in early 1953.

It's interesting that at the very end of his life Adamski had another close encounter which was filmed. The "scout craft" bell-shaped flying disc shows certain distortions which some have found evidential in their own way. There were human or human appearing entities involved in these encounters too. Quite a story, at the very least.

Victoria-
Here's another contribution toward the 10,000 goal. Try not to damage the corral gate as you stampede out.

As ever,

Griffin
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Griffin,
As for ourselves not SEEING any lifeforms on other planets etc.
We observe with eyes and devices made upon this planet , and therefore will only SEE anything relative to this planets harmonic frequency.
I am beginning to sound like WdavidB, he can explain better than me.

It amazes me the arrogance of ourselves when I hear they are going to dump a nuclear device into another planet.
can you imagine if an alien nuclear device was hurled into this planet?

We cannot SEE other lifeforms simply by looking with our planets devices, any other life will only be detectable by a frequency relative to that formed life.
Adamski may have had the ability to modulate his senses to be able to see and communicate.
That does not make him mad, or Uri Geller mad, just an ability that most have not.
The fact that the majority don't have this ability, and thus look at those that do as an oddity , can be testing, I know, luckily I have a thick skin, and learn't to duck and dive in my boxing days, if you avoid the hits, you avoid the pain.
I consider that the select few who could SEE other realms were treated in ancient cultures with huge respect and awe.
Thank goodness we are all different, imagine a world of Blairs and bushes.
kevin
fibonacci is king
Trickfox
The Magician

DEFINE FREQUENCY

Post by Trickfox »

A frequency you say Kevin?

A frequency of what?

Sound Light, HIGHER?

Is it sinusoidal?

Trickfox
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

not a fair question

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Trickfox,

Thats not a fair question to ask a Hobbit Trickfox! Thats something that Dr. Brown asked himself most of his career! A frequency of WHAT?

Kevin may KNOW what it might look like or feel like, but having to describe it in terms such as "sinusoidal" is really sort of comical to a Hobbit , I would think. It wouldn't work all that well with me that well either I fear. It sounds like an ailment I don't want anything to do with! <g>.

I had a flash to Pauls rendition of the conversation that Linda Brown had with her father about the speed of certain things? remember. His response to her was ..... after naming the pony the same thing as the speed of light ... he mentioned that the Creator had a stablefull of thoroughbreds that NEVER went SLOWER than the speed of light. Now most scientists then didn't even give that thought breathing room. Still they have a hard time with it .... but if that were true then what would a " frequency" look like in that stableful of thoroughbreds? Would it be " Sinusoidal" Would there even be a word for it yet?

So is that what you figure it might be? And do you want to help us out here a little with the laymans term for what you are talking about.

Elizabeth
Last edited by Elizabeth Helen Drake on Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Mebbe

Post by Paul S. »

Interesting discussion, everybody.... I'm sorry I haven't had more to say but my attention has just been pulled in other directions. Now that the stagehands are on strike on Broadway, I guess some of the pressure is taken off facing that quandary, so I'm putting my nose back to this grind stone...
Victoria Steele wrote:And while I am at it. THURSDAY PAUL?
Here's the deal: I think I'm a solid two days from finishing the next chapter. That would have been today (Monday) and tomorrow, but I had a web-development class ("Cascading Style Sheets") that I scheduled about six weeks ago for today. I was half-ready to blow that off, but the call telling me I could reschedule without forfeiting my tuition didn't come until I was already in the car and down the hill. Now I wish I'd turned back because the class was not all that useful, really. I will have to keep creating pages the old fashioned way for a while longer.

So if it goes well tomorrow, I could have something on Wednesday; Thursdays I'm "outta pocket" again all day. So if it's not Wednesday, then it will have to be Friday.

It'll be interesting though, whenever it's ready. We're just into some very interesting territory here.

Gonna go see what else y'all have been debating now...

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: not a fair question

Post by Trickfox »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:Trickfox,

And do you want to help us out here a little with the laymans term for what you are talking about.

Elizabeth

frequencies come in SHAPES,, like Pyramid, or waves, or boxes..

Perhaps Kevin knows what shapes describe them best. My guess is that our hobbit has a SPIRALLING CURVE in his mind as the correct shape, and of course that is only in a PERSPECTIVE sense. In reality if you look at a spiralling frequency from the end (or beginning) you see a circle rather than a wave.

The elements of a frequency are a totally different point. If Kevin understands PHASE he may be able to use it in his descriptions. I think Kevin IS definately making more and more sense. I'm just trying to adopt terms we can both agree with. That's all.

Maybe someday we can even agree on the definition of "Euclidean Geometry" (whatever that is)

Trickfox
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

I've got news

Post by Mark Culpepper »

Usually most higher math leaves me wondering. And Hobbitspeak is a puzzle to my brain too.

But a fathers relationship with a horse crazy daughter? THAT I understand.

And I wondered if the horses at Montressor were the major reason that Dr. Brown relocated out there. I am getting the impression that this " French Connection" for him was probably enormous and he could have maybe gone anywhere he wanted. For some reason it was Leesburg . ( if the information about Helen Towt already being there is valid ... which I am sure it is, then that was probably reason enough. But I don't think Dr. Brown ever moved anywhere without a really good purpose to it. and I really do think that horses played a big part. I would go nearly anywhere for my daughter ... push any manure cart ... pay any gate fee. Like Victoria said. There is method to all of that effort!

Looking forward to the next chapter. Will this be the English trip? Will we get to see that picture of Mr. Twigsnapper again? Still don't know what Dr. Brown was laughing about, have you remembered Mr. Twigsnapper? MarkC
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Trickfox...Kevin skipped over euclidian stuff some time ago and moved right into Reimann stuff without looking back. I'll bet he and Hilbert would understand each other quite well after an hour or so.

flow.... 8)
Dancing is better than marching
Trickfox
The Magician

Yea... I know

Post by Trickfox »

flowperson wrote:Trickfox...Kevin skipped over euclidian stuff some time ago and moved right into Reimann stuff without looking back. I'll bet he and Hilbert would understand each other quite well after an hour or so.

flow.... 8)
I know what you mean.... he may have no idea how to make his tools, he's the only one who can navigate the ship because he's the only one who understands how the controls function.

That's OK I can work with that. I can build the darn thing, just don't ask me to fly it!

Trickfox