Chapter 69: How Fast A Fat Pony

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Kevin...

Here's the latest Hollywood scoop on the remake of that famous film (at least around here), The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Jennifer Connelly (yum) will take Patricia Neal's role, and Keanu Reeves will play, I assume, Klaatu.

No word yet on who will be in the Gort suit or who will play the little boy Bobby (I'd cast the kid on Two And A Half Men, great show BTW).

Maybe our Japanese allies and tech meisters will make a real Gort just for the film. Love that single eye he's got in his helmet, very mythical.

flow.... :wink:
http://my.earthlink.net/track?id=101800 ... 1867571630

And while I'm at it.here's the only information I've found over here on the exploded comet you're waching over there.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-B ... Comet.html
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

really curious

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

I am going to be very interested to see what the remake of the movie " The Day the Earth Stood Still" is going to be like, knowing how very much Townsdend Brown respected the original. Sources tell us that when it was premiered he shut the lab down so that the scientists could all go to see it. It had to have meant alot to him.

Are any of you having trouble posting? During the last couple of days I have written messages to post and the message was never accepted. Maybe just me. But if you are having trouble getting through please contact Paul in case there is something he can do. The problem on this end seems to have resolved itself. Well .... if you are reading this ... I guess it has resolved itself!

Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Jeff Wells, a guy who is becoming a regular stop for me on the net, has written some thought provoking things in his blog entries. I've shared a few with you here from time to time.

His Nov. 5th entry bears directly upon the subject matter of Paul's last chapter and has to do with how we name things. And what it is like for us if we are not able to name what we experience.

His story at the end of this entry regarding a meeting between J. Allen Hynek, who has been mentioned here, and Donald Rumsfeld some years ago is especially revealing as to the mindset of all those who are in denial, and sadly, also have significant control over our destinies.

flow.... 8)

http://www.rigint.blogspot.com/
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

[quote="flowperson"]Jeff Wells, .......
His story at the end of this entry regarding a meeting between J. Allen Hynek, who has been mentioned here, and Donald Rumsfeld some years ago is especially revealing as to the mindset of all those who are in denial, and sadly, also have significant control over our destinies.

flow.... 8)

"Late in his life, Hynek was critical of the popular extraterrestrial hypothesis, and began expressing his doubts to theories that UFOs were physical spacecraft from other planets. As Hynek himself said in October 1976: "I have come to support less and less the idea that UFOs are 'nuts and bolts' spacecrafts from other worlds. There are just too many things going against this theory. To me, it seems ridiculous that super intelligences would travel great distances to do relatively stupid things like stop cars, collect soil samples, and frighten people. I think we must begin to re-examine the evidence.

We must begin to look closer to home."

Hmmm A "known Unkown" to most, a "Unknown Unknown" to the the oblivious, a "known known" to those who need to know.

Cooks on higher duties would get a buzz out of " to do relatively stupid things like stop cars, collect soil samples, and frighten people"

Oil $100 a barrel. Peak oil. Abrupt climate change as subject of military security documents. Cooperate or perish. Create a single global market and maybe the known known will be revealed.
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

trying once more

Post by Victoria Steele »

I have written a couple of messages which were somehow never posted so . I was beginning to think that Paul was blocking them! But I seem now to be back on ....

So ... trying again ...... Dr. Brown is heading now for Europe from what others have said and in the company of whom? Did he make the trip himself? I find that strangely disturbing and probably not so. Bergier? Did he pay for the trip? Did Sarbachers outfit pay for it? Hey, I'm just trying to follow the money. Dr. Brown is broke remember! Laundry and stuff. Fluff and fold?

Or did he sell that to finance his trip? New business? I don't think he would have made much ... so where did the money come from?

OK . Lets see if this gets through. Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

question

Post by Mikado14 »

To: Mr. Twigsanpper

Did Dr. Brown ever have a linguist nearby? and....

Could he speak any language? or did he suck at other languages.

I really, really need to know this.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Checking In, Chapter 70

Post by Paul S. »

Hey everybody,

I know I have been pretty much AWOL for the past couple of weeks, and I do apologize for that.

My "bandwidth" has been kind of sucked up this past couple of weeks with some old news. With the opening of the big-whoop play on Broadway next week, I needed to do some advance work, for the benefit of the few people who will leave the theater thinking "wait a second, something's not quite right here. For them I have created a new website:

http://thefarnsworthinvention.com

Check it out and you'll see what I mean.

This fiasco is what has happened when "Hollywood" has tried to make entertainment out of a story when the facts are know. Imagine what could happen if they ever get their hands on a story like this one, where so much is UNknown. Fiction starts sounding better all the time.

As for the next chapter: as has been the case with nearly every chapter so far, this one is also proving to be harder than the one before it. Yes, it is all about Dr. Brown's trips to Europe in the summer of 1955 and late winter of 1956. There is really very little known about his actual itinerary, other than the arrival and departure dates in his passport, which show Paris and London. But we know that he was in at least one other country, and that one doesn't even show up on the passport. Go figger.

So Linda Brown and I have been tossing around all the possibilities and maybe yesterday came up with an approach that will let us crawl under the wall that's formed around this material. Lord knows I'll be scratching and clawing at the stones until I find a way in....

In the meantime:
Victoria Steele wrote:I have written a couple of messages which were somehow never posted so . I was beginning to think that Paul was blocking them! But I seem now to be back on ....
Well, you know, it's technology. Sometimes it doesn't work. And then it does. And you never know why. Of course, maybe your messages were siphoned off into that "secret room" that has been in the news this week:

http://www.homelandstupidity.us/2006/06 ... -revealed/
So ... trying again ...... Dr. Brown is heading now for Europe from what others have said and in the company of whom? Did he make the trip himself? I find that strangely disturbing and probably not so. Bergier? Did he pay for the trip? Did Sarbachers outfit pay for it? Hey, I'm just trying to follow the money. Dr. Brown is broke remember! Laundry and stuff. Fluff and fold?

Or did he sell that to finance his trip? New business? I don't think he would have made much ... so where did the money come from?

What is making matters challenging in the assembly of this chapter is that these trips to Europe turn out to have manifold purposes, and the details of most of them are pretty much non-existent. We know about the vacuum chamber tests in France. But that is just the tip of the iceberg. Literally. The rest is very sub-surface.

The trip was paid for by The Caroline Group, more or less, and it's quite possible that Bergier/Cornellion was a traveling companion. That info doesn't show up on passports either, unfortunately.

I'm not sure what became of the laundry business in Washington, once it had served its purpose. Somebody snapped their fingers and it disappeared.
OK . Lets see if this gets through. Victoria
Yes, obviously, that one got through, and I wish I could tell you what the glitch was. I"m just glad to see the problem corrected itself.

Now, guys and gals, would you all do me a small favor?

I see that the posting in this section are now what, 14 or 15 pages? I know that you have all posed questions, made points, etc., and that by being AWOL all this time I've missed some important stuff. So shoot me either an e-mail or a Private Message here and send me the URLs of the posts I should be paying closer attention to, and I promise I'll get right on it.

Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks,

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: Checking In, Chapter 70

Post by greggvizza »

Paul S. wrote:I see that the posting in this section are now what, 14 or 15 pages? I know that you have all posed questions, made points, etc., and that by being AWOL all this time I've missed some important stuff. So shoot me either an e-mail or a Private Message here and send me the URLs of the posts I should be paying closer attention to, and I promise I'll get right on it.
Perfect. If we just send him only the links to the story relevant posts, Paul will never find out that a good portion of those 15 pages were spent discussing Italian food, Telosian cholesterol levels, and Irish drinking skills.

GV
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi Paul...re: the Bridgeton Mo. AT&T secret room stuff...Gosh I'm just so surprised !

Did you read Studs Terkel's take on it all in his op ed piece in the NY Times a week ago or so? A great historical summary regarding the Government's campaign against individual rights in the 20th century. I found it interesting that John Ashcroft, former US Atty General and Senator from MISSOURI wrote a refutation opinion that appeared just a few days later.

Quelle surprise !

Of course his new consulting firm specializes in the abrogation of individual rights in favor of corporate rights when it comes to such snooping activites, hence short-circuiting the possibility of such lawsuits as mentioned in Mr. Terkel's column. He's one of my few living heros (Terkel not Johnny). Anyone who covers up breasts on a marble statue in a building's lobby has got to have a screw or two loose IMHO.

As far as what you missed on the thread. I dunno, it was pretty much left field stuff from most of us, but I would say that it's focus was more or less along the lines of mind vs. matter considerations concerning the UFO phenomena that you related to having occured around Leesburg when TTB and his family were there. And also some important speculations as to just what the "set" really was and what it implied/implies about what we are and what the universe is.

Otherwise, Gregg covered most of the important issues in his post. I believe that the mineral content of the environment around Leesburg was also acknowledged by most of us to be an important aspect of eventually understanding what you wrote about in the chapter.

My two cents.

flow.... :wink:
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

In the next chapter re visit to Europe, France is there any indication that Dr Brown went to or communicated with Philips in Holland? I have a feeling that some of the higher ups in Philips were in on the Caroline
Group. Could be wrong.
Wiki:
"On May 9, 1940, the Philips directors were informed about the German invasion of the Netherlands to take place on May 10. They decided to leave the country and flee to the United States, taking a large amount of the company capital with them. Operating from the US as the North American Philips Company, they managed to run the company throughout the war. At the same time, the company itself was moved to the Netherlands Antilles (on paper) to keep it out of German hands.

It is also believed that Philips - both before and during the war - supplied enormous amounts of electric equipment to the German occupation forces, which has led some people to think that the company collaborated with the Nazis, like many other firms in their day. However, there is no evidence to suggest that Philips itself or its management ever sympathized with the Nazis or their ideologies. The only Philips family member who did not leave the country, Frits Philips, saved the lives of 382 Jews by indicating to the Nazis that they were indispensable for the production process at Philips[7]. In 1996, he was awarded the Yad Vashem reward by the Israeli ambassador for his actions. There is little Philips could have done to prevent the Germans from abusing their production facilities and forcing their employees to perform slave labor during the occupation. The production facility in Eindhoven was the only Dutch industrial target that was deliberately bombed by the allied forces during the war.

[edit] Postwar era

After the war the company was moved back to the Netherlands, with their headquarters in Eindhoven. Many secret research facilities had been locked and successfully hidden from the invaders, which allowed the company to get up to speed again quickly after the war.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: question

Post by Mikado14 »

Mikado14 wrote:To: Mr. Twigsnapper

Did Dr. Brown ever have a linguist nearby? and....

Could he speak any language? or did he suck at other languages.

I really, really need to know this.

Mikado
To: Mr. Twigsnapper

Did Dr. Brown ever wear flannel shirts along with boots that laced up high like a combat boot or brown hiking boots? The shirt would have been tartan like and favored the color red.

Did he ever discuss linguistics or language communications with a women with (light) brown hair?

If you don't know, then you don't know.

However, I am serious.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Philips

Post by Paul S. »

Langley wrote:In the next chapter re visit to Europe, France is there any indication that Dr Brown went to or communicated with Philips in Holland? I have a feeling that some of the higher ups in Philips were in on the Caroline
Group. Could be wrong.
I can only say that I've never seen the name of "Philips" come up, nor, for that matter, does Holland show up in any of the itineraries I'm familiar with. But apparently not every place he went to is stamped on the passport.

---PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

A rose is a rose is a Rose

Post by twigsnapper »

Mikado,

Rose Hackett, light brown hair, great legs, ten languages. Dr. Brown spoke
only English but had an odd habit of understanding almost any language thrown at him from different directions.

Boots, right. red shirt ...yes, a favorite. Odd because generally he loved moss colors. Ask Pat and Neenie about his last red shirt.

Paul, Phillips? And you have never seen the name before? twigsnapper
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Phillips

Post by Paul S. »

twigsnapper wrote:Paul, Phillips? And you have never seen the name before?
Well, there's that JUDGE Phillips in Leesburg that Helen worked for.

Did he own an electronics firm in Netherlands??

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: A rose is a rose is a Rose

Post by Mikado14 »

twigsnapper wrote:Mikado,

Rose Hackett, light brown hair, great legs, ten languages. Dr. Brown spoke
only English but had an odd habit of understanding almost any language thrown at him from different directions.

Boots, right. red shirt ...yes, a favorite. Odd because generally he loved moss colors. Ask Pat and Neenie about his last red shirt.

Paul, Phillips? And you have never seen the name before? twigsnapper
They had a very interesting discussion at a wooden table in a rustic setting but I just don't know when.

Were you there? Did not see you.

Mikado