Chapter 69: How Fast A Fat Pony

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi All...I cube the eggplant and sautee/toss it (skin on) in olive oil with a medium onion, some chopped fresh basil(if available) and a couple of crushed/chopped garlic cloves. Then that gets layered in with the noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, and sauce. (Yeah Gregg...kind of like the wet wavy post card thingy that tipped TTB over the edge.)

Also, instead of all mozzarella I use one third Monterey jack and two thirds mozzarella. Tastes richer and strings better. Used to be a great pizzeria in west LA near UCLA called LaBarbera's, that's their cheese mix.

Well the instant headache thingy with alcohol is something Doc Brown and I have in common. Got that from my Dad (the Italian side). But he could tolerate a few glasses of wine as can I. Beer and distilled spirits are the instant headache stuff for me. I also have indulged in other vices along the way. Jamaican sacraments in particular.

Kevin...Great clips. Patricia Neal was a dish in her younger days.

I think the Steve McQueen shots (sorry) was from his movie, The Sand Pebbles. Worth seeing.

Gort...?... he just rocks !

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Trickfox
The Magician

I'm hungry

Post by Trickfox »

I was gonna post some deep high technology stuff on the set but now I'm just hungry.....so.....next time!

Trickfox
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

Yeah, Flow. It's now impossible to concentrate.

I happen to have Italian genes and reading all that recipe stuff has flooded my brain in endorphins. I feel all comfy cozy and sedated. Totally unable to do any work now.

Below is a photo of Enrico Fermi with a similar look on his face. It's a look like - I am caught between two very strong opposing forces. Do I stay and eat Lazagna with nonna or do I go back to the US and work with cold unemotional neutrons? He is visibly torn.

http://dsd.lbl.gov/ImgLib/COLLECTIONS/B ... fermi.html

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: I'm hungry

Post by Mikado14 »

Trickfox wrote:I was gonna post some deep high technology stuff on the set but now I'm just hungry.....so.....next time!

Trickfox
The best thing to do here is that we all should get together. Mr. Flow and I and all the other resident Dago's here who love to cook can plan the menu (gregg can taste test unless he wants to cook). We can make it with or without meat, pasta or no pasta, beef, chicken, rabbit.... no scratch that, don't want Neva going paranoid on me. I can tell you now that I will definately make a nice clear clams and linguine that uses olive oil and the clam juice and a lot of garlic and onion and basil oh my!

Now comes the really good part ...... Good food, good people and great conversation with many courses to go with it.

Hey Red? Like Italian?

Mikado

Dessert will be cookies, cream puffs, Italian rum cake, spumoni and of course - cannoli.
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Or as was often said about Italians in Chicagah,"Dey go here, dey go dere...."

Mikado, excellent idea. Let's clog all of our brain cells with cholesterol laden goodies, wash it all down with wine, tamp it all down with cannoli. spumoni and expresso, belch a lot, smoke a DiNobli or two while we play cutthroat pinochle, have a few lupinis and some creme' di marsala before another snack, and then take a long nap. Yeah...that's the ticket.

My fave is baked penne rigate mixed with ricotta, red sauced, and topped with melted cheese. My grandma made this stuff. Better than lasagna, and it takes less work.

Gregg...Yeah Enrico looks torn, but then there's always been some good Italian eateries in Chicago. There were some good ones on the south side when he was chain reacting in Hyde Park. One was owned by my great uncle and his wife, Club El Bianco at 49th and California, and a few also near Comiskey Park. But most all of them are gone now and the good ones left are on the near west side in Little Italy. Used to live dere in da' hood in the 80's. Bellissimo!

flow.... :P
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Fried onions,bell peppers, mushrooms, Jalapenos, slices of chicken breasts and fresh sliced tomatoes, salt , peper....THAT'S IT stir-fry and let simmer, throw a big flower tortilla on top of the fry pan and simer 2 minutes.
Serve like a burrito with whole cranberry sauce, and pickled garlic.
Cup of Decaff.

Pure satisfaction

Now, I'm worried about Pakistan a bit and I'm tired so
think i'll get some sleep while I concentrate on "conflict resolution".

I am not powerless!!!!

Trickfox
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Anyone just looking in on this forum will think Dr Brown invented a really light fly away pizza.
All this talk of things BUBBLING to the surface, hmmm,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qH-qrwMhFiQ
Kevin
fibonacci is king
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Dinner

Post by greggvizza »

That's it. I'm done for the day. Can definitely no longer concentrate. Now what to do about dinner tonight? It's going to have to include cheese and sauce. Although the extra virgin olive oil drenched linguini with clams sounds good. Eggplant though is always a favorite.

Did you know that there are male and female eggplants? An Italian chef once taught me how to distinguish the difference. One is more bitter tasting than the other so he really stressed the importance of picking the right gender. One has dimples and if you tap on it, it sounds more hollow. The other is dimpleless and less hollow when tapped.

By the way Flow, did you know that your brain functions primarily on cholesterol? People who take cholesterol lowering drugs like lipitor can develop amnesia/alzheimer like symptoms. I used to run low LDL on blood tests, like out of range low. I started eating more saturated fats and my mind gained a clarity that it didn't have when the LDL was low. So all the high cholesterol food that you and Mikado have been discussing is actually health food for me.

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Trickfox
The Magician

Post by Trickfox »

Talk about having a FATHEAD working out all that "collesteral" into projected visions of deception.

That's not too farfetched.

Trickfox
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Talosian

Post by greggvizza »

Trickfox,

That is not from eating too much cholesterol. He is a Talosian. Nothing to do with cholesterol. Talosians use that noggin for manipulating peoples minds.

Edit--I just realized what you were saying. You are saying that he is using the cholesterol to power his mind contol. He must have to eat a ton of it. Mikado, Flow....feed this poor being.

GV
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Reminds me of a seventh grade civics teacher I once had. Nanooo...Nanooo !!

Gregg...Just then kind of information I needed to justify eating carne asada burritos again. Thanks.

flow.... :P
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Post by greggvizza »

Don't use my ramblings as an excuse to damage yourself. My situation may be a bit different. I went thorough a 15 year period where I forgot that I was of Italian linage and I became a 100% perfect vegetarian. I ate nothing but vegetables for every single meal, every day for 15 years and ended up with an LDL that was well below the safe threshold. I have now rediscovered food, and it is fun.

GV
Last edited by greggvizza on Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

oh please

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Oh Please Paul. All this talk of food! Going to gain twenty pounds unless you get another chapter out there for all of us to talk about!

You know of course guys, it doesn't get much better than finding a handsome sexy man who can cook! Ask any woman! Elizabeth
Langley
Senior Officer

Post by Langley »

Trickfox wrote:Image

Talk about having a FATHEAD working out all that "collesteral" into projected visions of deception.

That's not too farfetched.

Trickfox
Definately Windows based. Nothing that un lounge friendly would come out of Apple. though the on button might be knicked from the next iMac.
The dome so large to allow for a Pentium heat sink and fan. dead give away.
Trickfox
The Magician

Nothing like "Q"

Post by Trickfox »

Here is one alien life form that I'm ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE is REAL.

This is the real definition of this "ONION" that we are all pealling away at!!!

No mater how long we decide to dig into mysteries, THEY WILL NEVER CEASE TO EXIST.
There will always be challenges to meet and regrets to accept gracefully.

So...... How near???? How far?........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rDQD9A5bZw