Chapter 69: How Fast A Fat Pony

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Chapter 69: How Fast A Fat Pony

Post by Paul S. »

Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Mark Culpepper
The Dean

not a dream?

Post by Mark Culpepper »

WHAT, WHAT, WHAT, WHAT, WHAT?

I am sort of stunned here because I know that you are dead serious.
And you were able to talk to this Chip and he told you about this dream himself? Obviously he did. So he backs this up?

And the whole pattern of moves and behavior is so strange, mixed right in with his love for his daughter. I guess the " dream" COULD HAVE BEEN REAL????? On the other hand ........ maybe she and her dad were so close mentally that they just shared a dream? Can that happen?

But then you have Morgan saying ..... "it was no dream! "

Going to take me some time to figure what this means actually. That ending was a real shock, knowing how serious you are!Paul

I just never expected you to jump into that subject so wholeheartedly because you have avoided it so carefully. I guess that we are in it now huh" Somebody just yelled " Cannonball! and jumped into the pool!" Wheww!!!! MarkC
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Well Paul...quite the chapter.

Cue up the Theremin music and settle down for a nice homey tale of the Brown family, their country lifestyles in Northern Virginia among the snobs, and their very synchronous dreams.

Really, you've outdone yourself this time, and it works perfectly. And besides all of that we're starting to merge with some of Jacques Vallees' observations regarding the "visitants" powers over mere human minds (thanks for the term Giffin, it works so well).

There's a lot of articles in today's NY Times Science section about sleep and dreams. You'll see that I posted one for Mikado to read. Another "coincidence" d'ya think?

The thought crossed my mind several times while reading that the bearded redhead who delivered the "set" in Linda's and her father's dreams might have been our friend Morgan transgressing time and space barriers in ways to enter Linda's life before he really did. The pale blue suit with the circle pin is informative also as to the ships' origins and purposes.

Think about that one, and stare a while at your/his "thumpstick" while you're doing so. Yes, instantaneous communication across millions of miles and teleportation of small objects besides...maybe even pizzas once in a while...huh?

Thanks Paul

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

not enough time now for all the thoughts

Post by Victoria Steele »

Not enough time right now for all of the thoughts that your last Chapter generated Paul ....

And actually when she mentioned not being able to " see" the features on the others and yet "saw" a fellow who looked like Jesus I thought to myself that would be precisely what a " Visitor" would do when approaching a young child. Go for something familiar to her .... the others strangely she seemed not to be able to focus on, except for their pale skin ..... so that makes some sense to me.

But then ..... a RED HAIRED MAN WITH A BEARD. Not unlike what she thought was so handsome on Morgan during one of their meetings in Florida? A red headed and bearded man ..... like Morgan. Sheeze ...... I like that even better! Bringing the " set" back to Townsend Brown.... after safe keeping.

And then I wonder. Is he also keeping those black notebooks in "safe keeping too?

Either way Paul. This is a major jump for you. Like MarkC said " Cannonball into the pool!" I have just started to think up my different responses!

I loved the story of Linda and her experiences with the horses. I admire her so much, even as a little kid she was displaying a sort of toughness and ability to stick it out that I think has made her the person she probably is today. And I really appreciate being able to be in on some of their conversations. Dr. Brown must have been very, very proud of her.

Victoria
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

the set

Post by Mikado14 »

Finally we get to the confirmaton of the "set".

more.....More......MOre...MORe......MORE

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

absolutely MORE

Post by ladygrady »

Smart man. Dumps this information in our lap and then leaves town for the weekend. Figures when he finally gets home we will have all settled down and gotten all talked down.

I don't think so.

I am fascinated by the moves. First to the pretty home on Cornwall street . ( I KNOW that street, in fact I know Leesburg fairly well. Wonderful shops on that main street and Cornwall leads right down to it. I have a friend that runs an antique store on the corner of Cornwall and , I think its called Market street .... or Main ...., no, King? anyway , the street with the Courthouse. All those homes are VERY expensive right now. I don't know what they would have been then but my! I wish I had purchased property there years ago! You can't touch anything in the whole town now for a reasonable price. Its an experience just going out there for lunch and a good break from Washington.

Lets see. They move into the Cornwall house in November ..... out in January? then by springtime have moved again to Montressor? out of town

And this must be some sort of a French connection here certainly. Sarbacher. Bergier, what in the world was going on? And the french speaking lady?

And having three flying saucers landing in the field behind your house? Even in a coincidental dream.... thats got to be special!

So what exactly did the " set" look like? They left behind a " box?" Was that it?

grady
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

DNA

Post by greggvizza »

Linda really looks like her dad in that flood photo.

GV
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Congratulations, Paul. Like the paras, you did boldly jump right in.

The "dream" reality experiences with the Visitants was a welcome and integral inclusion to the story, embedded amidst accounts of some truly human relational experiences focused on a young girl’s enchantments.

I think that my "Visitants" term does apply in this case, though not necessarily in all other UFO related contexts, such as some of those conjectured by Jacques Vallee. I think authors such as Jacques Bergier and John Michell -- who well preceded Jacques Vallee in his research -- are much more spot on as to the motivations of those we might call Visitants.

Townsend’s behavior in the “dreamsâ€
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Scooby Doo,
My collie dog is always running down our garden at night woofing at something.
I keep telling her there is nothing there?
Sorry Elizabeth, another youtube link, its a 1950s record of a flying saucer seen hovering over an American town.
It made me laugh, the record.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIK5ZfhZqds
I skipped through the chapter looking at the pictures, when I saw the open lawn area , I just thought, good place to land a saucer?

Dr Brown will probably have made light of the visit , as a dream, so that his daughter was not too fixed upon it, she was possibly not to know?
Kevin
fibonacci is king
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Substance In Hand

Post by greggvizza »

Something’s not quite right here. I have had a few occasions in my life were I said to myself, was that real or did I dream that, and it took me a day or so to figure which it was. So I can understand them assuming that they dreamt it. But if my daughter and I both had a dream that a flatbed truck pulled up to the house and rolled off a Ferrari and a person came to the door and handed me the keys saying that I had won it in a contest and it was mine to keep. The next day with the key on my keychain and the car in the driveway, I would not still be thinking that I dreamt it.

So if Townsend now had the “setâ€
Last edited by greggvizza on Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

if it was no dream

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

You are right Gregg. If it was " no dream" then he would have the set.

But understand at the time that was probably the most secret thing that he had ever been in charge of .... EVER ..... so it would have to " manifest" itself as something commonplace and totally acceptable.

And if you happen to watch the Bahnson lab film ( during 1958) you will see sort of a strange reference during the tape. Townsend Brown is seen spending a few seconds quite obviously showing off a short wave radio " set.'

Hiding in plain sight. Always with him. No one except the people like Beau Kitselman and Sarbacher and perhaps Bergier had any clue that it was anything else at all.

And yes I think maybe the Ferrari was delivered but he couldn't tell his daughter or his neighbors .... so it was a dream. Elizabeth
Last edited by Elizabeth Helen Drake on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Still not right

Post by greggvizza »

So why say anything? Why tell everyone about this dream? Why not keep quiet?

It still doesn't make sense to me.

GV
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

perhaps a touchstone

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Gregg,

I understand your puzzlement over that. Why indeed say anything at all? But I have learned by now that Townsend Brown never did anything without a plan behind it, so I know that he had a reason for mentioning that " dream" in the company that he did.

The only thing that I can figure is that he is supplying us all with a " witness" to that event. Mr. Williams son Chip still remembers that conversation that he had with Linda and still remembers the sense of awe that he had when Dr. Brown repeated the story from his end of things. Perhaps he wanted both Chip and Linda to landmark that event somehow.

Anybody else think of what his reasoning might have been, because we can all be sure that he had a reason for doing what he did. Any other thoughts or comments? Thanks Gregg .... when you figure it .... let us know! Elizabeth
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Greggvizza,
I have a daughter, in my wisdom I considered there was a correct time to inform her of certain things.
I may have been right, I may have been wrong, I love her and mean't what was best for her, not for me.
My son and daughter have grown and flown the nest, I could not always be at that nest due to my then work involving me to work wherever the work was.
That did not stop me loving them and wanting to protect them.
I did not have the weight of responsibiliy that Dr Brown obviously had to bear.
I would have done whatever was required to ensure my daughters happiness and welfare.
You sometimes have to tell porkies , little lies , to explain away the things they don't at their tender age need to burden themselves with.
And just how would you explain away some flying saucers appearing in your back garden ?
The little girl may not have been meant to see that, or she was meant to see it, but only at the corrct TIME, meant to fully comprehend what she witnessed.

Just because someone like Dr Brown is involved in the most advanced knowledge of our times, does not mean he was a robot , and didn't have a family.
His work would compromise their safety, anybody could have put the ultimate of pressure on him by threatening his family.
Luckily I think we all realise he had the best of assistance with achieving their safety.
An unbelievable weight of responsibility was upon this mans shoulders, he had to stay out in the open , and appear as normal as possible, A special man, with a special daughter, class real class.
Kevin
fibonacci is king
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Not a Dream

Post by greggvizza »

Not saying anything would have let Linda just assume that she had a dream, but telling everyone at the table the same exact dream, with all the same exact details, was in reality confirming to Linda that it was not a dream.

GV