Chapter 68: A New Age of Speed and Power

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Griffin
Senior Officer

Post by Griffin »

Victoria-

I appreciate your thoughts and comments. A woman’s touch is always highly valued. No problem here anyway – I simply wanted to make my position clear, and did. Everyone’s been great and obviously engaged in the Townsend Brown and Company saga. I admire dedication. The only part of the griffin that can ever get its feathers ruffled is the bird part. The lion part, which forms the base, stays a cool cat under any circumstance – just like big LeRoy of Avalon Harbor fame.

Paul-

Congratulations on the new chapter. It further highlights the humility and dedication of Townsend and Josephine.

As ever,

Griffin
Last edited by Griffin on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Langley
Senior Officer

Re: happened?

Post by Langley »

ladygrady wrote:Y

And of course, Langley with his expertise has already picked up on the part about detecting atomic blasts. Indeed. Sooooo who else was involved in this " atomic testing detection service?"

Wouldn't the English have wanted in on that or were the Americans and English not sharing atomic information that much? Seems to me their intelligence services have a long history with each other and Dr. Brown and William Stephensons network seemed arm in arm to me. Has everyone forgotten that wartime connection? And now we have Dr. Brown staying at the house of one of the heads of the French resistance. Now thats downright telling, don't you think? grady
Hi Grady, after the disaster with Fuchs (of the British team at Los Alamos) leaking stuff to the Soviets, the US passed a law forbidding anyone but US citizens engaging in or knowing about US nuke weapons stuff. There was one exception, Titterton. The UK had to start from scratch with their bombs. The US was mighty upset at the UK for letting Fuchs (and co) slip through. And the UK was paranoid about upsetting the US for the remainder of the atomic test era. As far as I know Vela Uniform was very secret. But by mentioning the application in Winterhaven, I think its telling that Brown knew it was a priority to detect Soviet tests. Initially there werent satellites up, and later the remote sensing was crucial for verification of compliance to the LTBT. So it was prescient of Brown to include it. Shows he was in the loop somehow.

In Australia, the weaponeers were miffed by Kennedy's LTBT and in 1963 it is rumoured that the UK let off an underground test in Aust to avoid detection. Rumor has it it was called Operation Featherbed. Now I mentioned this to an old Aust Air Force guy a while back and he said "Shut up about that", if true, going undergound shows that the UK staff at the operational level didnt know about the US ability to detect underground blasts anywhere in the world. (Other people describe Featherbed as something else - a massive steel plate upon which safety tests were carried out, but theres things going on that lead me to tend toward the illegal blast scenario. The US refused to give UK command of a stockpile so UK went it alone, and smarted mightily that the US considered the UK the source of the leak to the Soviets. So it was all held pretty much close to the US chest.
I have no trouble with that btw.
grinder
Senior Officer

valuable opinion

Post by grinder »

Langley,

I really value what you can share with us Langley because I sure don't know about any of this.

Its amazing to me really but I think one of the reasons that people have a hard time zeroing in on what Dr. Brown was " into" is because he was somehow "into" a wild variety of things. And cognizant or maybe precognizant of most of them.

That would explain his mention of the detection system in Winterhaven paperwork , all the while everyone else has gone straight to the propulsion system part of it, overlooking the rest. And the propulsion system . the thing that I think Valone dubbed the Mach 3 fighters , something like that.

According to Cook again talking about "Project Winterhaven ( page 31) he says of Dr. Brown " In his pitch to the military , on page six Brown had written " The technical development o the electrogravitic reaction would usher in a new age of speed and power and of revolutionary new methods of transportation and communication."

So now Paul I understand why you used that phrase particularly. But its interesting isn't it that Valone and Cook too went immediately to the " transportation " side of it and really didn't glance that hard at " communication" Isn't that just a little wierd or is it because thats what they were accustomed to, therefore thats what they saw? grinder
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

easy write off

Post by ladygrady »

Seems that I have been sort of stuck looking at the way that Cook regarded the career of Townsend Brown. Some of his conclusions make no sense to me at all.

And forgive me Mr. Cook but you are so flippantly quick to take others word for things , even when they admit to knowing not very much at all. And you should do better at your dates .... and where by the way did your intellectual curiosity go?

On page 34 Cook draws this conclusion of Dr. Browns life and work.

" When he went into semi-retirement in the mid 1960s Valone and LaViolette saw this as a signal that, in effect, he had been bought off by the military, especially as he hardly touched electrogravitics again. His last great interest involved a series of ultimately successful attempts to draw stored electrical energy -- albeit in minute quantities -- from common or garden rocks.
Unquestionably a highly gifted and unusual man, Brown died in relative obsurity in 1983."

I guess the questions that were raised by all that just didn't fit into Cooks agenda ... which was to search out and find antigravity. huh. funny. Stored electrical energy from " common rocks" and he doesn't even say ..... "what?" And again, like Vassilatos before him. He gets Dr. Browns date of death wrong.

THATS whats been out there about the life of Townsend Brown. No wonder his friends and companions wanted Paul to write this book. grady
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

thinking about that

Post by Victoria Steele »

I have been thinking about that too , Why Cook just glanced over Dr. Browns work and I have come to the conclusion that he was not supposed to see things that Paul is seeing and reporting on!

Nobody was supposed to see anything.

So once I hit that idea I found myself prone to be a little easier on Cook and I encourage you to do the same. I think that he did the best that he could given the access he had. Which was actually through others that he considered "experts on Brown". Why shouldn't he do that ? THEY considered themselves " experts on Brown" so as far as he knew Nick Cook was going to the proper sources. ( Of course they were getting their information from Andrew Bolland ......... so who should have been recognized as the expert?)

Look at it this way. If it hadn't been for Pauls working relationship with Linda Brown how would he or anyone possibly known about the experiences at Decker labs in Philadelphia in 1966? I don't think anyone outside the family even knew he was there or that he was working in that area. Just shows you how lucky we are to get that glimpse.

We know about it because of the eyes we have through Linda Browns experiences but really we can't fault Cook for reporting what the general public would know.

Its true I am not sure when Dr. Brown " dropped off the face of the earth" but I think at some point he must have totaly disappeared to anyone but the most inside sources. So whenever that was I guess it was the same as " going black". But just like Paul said really Dr. Brown was into various shades of " black" since he stepped off the " Caroline in 1933.

So I vote we give Nick Cook a break here. Vassilatos and Moore, on the other hand ................ Victoria
ladygrady
Junior Birdman

happy as a clam

Post by ladygrady »

I find this extremely odd.

In his letter to his wife Dr. Brown talks about being seriously short on his rent money, only having a couple of dollars on him. The next day through his contact with this " Woody" assures him that 75.00 has been put in his bank account ( I am assuming " Riggs is a bank) He has just enough to squeek by. (August 12, 1953

Dearest,

Yesterday was a really bad day for me. It took an enormous amount of self control to keep from flying to pieces. In the first place, everything went wrong at the laboratory. Nothing worked as it should have – and I was repeatedly tempted to throw the whole thing in the air. I was down to $2 in cash and a $53 hotel bill (room, meals, laundry, phone, pressing, etc.) and I went back to the hotel exhausted and tried to sleep. Then there was a knock at the door and the credit manager said I would have to pay in full – that I had already exceeded my credit limit. I asked him to wait until today, so he finally agreed.

Today Woody phoned me that $75 had been deposited at Riggs – so now I have paid the hotel bill, and have a little pocket money..........................
Thats in August 1953..........

However on the other side of it in his letter which I think must have been stolen by the FBI ... ( or read, copied and then sent on? Just how did they do that?) He says that .... well take a look at the whole deal"

THIS IS, I AM ASSUMING FROM THE FBI REPORT THAT YOU HAVE PAUL?

the Cincinnati Office reports advice from [blacked out] Columbus, Ohio, that by personal letter dated January 10, 1953, BROWN announced to [blacked out] formation of a project called “Winter Havenâ€
twigsnapper
Revered Elder

a clams needs

Post by twigsnapper »

Lady Grady,

You probably figured it all out once you thought about it for awhile but if not.....

Townsend Brown was happy with $75.00 because he only needed $53.00. I know that may seem entirely strange but thats the way that it was with him. Consistantly.

Under more normal circumstances ( without the " Wounded chicken" scenario going on) He would have secured enough to see his wife in a nice house, his son well set at the college of his choice, his horse -crazy daughter with a pony. But at this particular time that was not what was needed to be shown to the public ( and by extension the FBI and most likely the Russians.) . He needed to look devastatingly ruined. totally impotent financially. There were eyes watching his every move.

I rather think that the Russians were more of a concern to him because he had some friends in the FBI but in any case when you are in a situation like that you really have to allow people to do the jobs they are hired for.

So Dr. Brown knew full well that people were most likely reading his mail consistently and monitoring his bank account, listening in on his conversations (Actually as the joke goes I think that the line formed on the right!) So he had to make a point of barely having a penny to his name. And his message to Josephine is a veiled note of encouragement " we will get through this, I promise, just hang in there." Which of course she ALWAYS did.

I rather expect that the information that was stolen from his office correspondence was a planted piece of information for the FBI to chew on for awhile. My studied opinion. The talk of " Winterhaven " was meant to get out and in its way it certainly did. Who beter to disseminate and store information than the FBI?

Others picked up on this " rumor". William Lear intentionally made some statements, others followed suit. Convair issued a statment. It was a groundswelling of information and enthusiasm and then suddenly, as Paul will tell you, the door slammed shut. People stopped talking. The rumor died away. The papers went missing. Strange how this happens in this kind of world .

twigsnapper
Last edited by twigsnapper on Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

bringing into focus

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

Sometimes you have to stare at just one little thing to get a better appreciation of the whole.

Thank you grady for your insistance on looking so hard at what Cook chose to see and write about. That in itself was a gift just lying there in his pages.

And now I can see that there are other gifts left out there, thanks to Mr. Twigsnappers comments. Things that were left with the FBI for " safekeeping" . Which is sort of an ironic twist that they would " lose" any of it.

So what we see here is an announcement from Townsend Brown about WHAT HIS PLANS ARE. That announcement is in the form of the "proposal" called " Project Winterhaven". and according to the FBIs records he puts this announcement out there in January of 1953. Of course he doesn't deliver it directly to them ...... he lets them steal it? Oh watermellons taste so much better and are so much more valued when you steal them. Thats the mentality. OK. I can see Townsend Brown doing that. So there goes that little packet of information .... to be carried home and chewed on .... and record of it kept for posterity. ( which is even funnier because once the proper hands have hold of copies of those FBI records the originals are lost ?) Like someone shut the door behind them?

According to Dr. Brown himself in the first instance the "project " was to be well launched by June. But by August he is scraping together 75.00 to last for a few days but things he seems to relay to his wife at home, he writes, seem to be moving ahead and she should not worry.

Thats the inside view that we are given. And then Paul writes that at some time the family and Dr. Brown are in Washington. Publically he has given up on science altogether but behind the scenes he is meeting with Dr. Sarbacher and Jacques Cornellion. I really don't need to go much further than that. If you have done any reading behind those names you have to come to the conclusion that I have reached .....SOMETHING BIG IS ON THE HORIZON. SOMETHING VERY BIG AND VERY SECRET.

And the groundwork has already been set in motion. So interesting. Thank you so much. Mr. Twigsnapper if I have taken a wrong stride here please correct me quickly so I don't go too far off the scent. Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Hi All...and don't forget Xerxes. By Townsend Brown's own statements his studies involving petrovoltaics were to be his primary pursuit in his later years.

I stilll focus on the visit of a gaggle of prominent fellow scientific colleagues with TTB at Homestead in the 60's as the point when this pursuit also went seriously into the "black zone". I believe that Andrew has records of petrovoltaic studies that Dr.Brown made on Oahu and Maui subsequent to that time.

My intuition says to me that this "Xerxes" effort centered around such studies, and shows the "tip of the iceberg" leading to a fuller understanding of what TTB's final "big thing" may have been. Think of it, if one could harness the weak currents traversing rocks, in situ or cut and separated from the planet, what would you have. I would say an eternal and highly reliable signalling medium. And perhaps the universal facilitator of electrogravitic communications.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

perhaps

Flow,

Perhaps what he may have meant on Catalina when he made the statement " I have discovered the " Nervous System of the Universe."

I aggree with you, Xerxes has much meaning.

and also I notice that in the mid sixties ..... many of the names which may have been in the background during this " flurrie" of Winterhaven activity" during 1952-55 are the same. Bill Lear returns, the man who ran Convair ( Odlum) comes more to the surface, Thats the thread of continuation I am watching carefully and I encourage you all to join me and add your comments and observations. All are greatly appreciated. Because this is way too big a thing to see just from one viewpoint! In advance, thanks! Elizabeth

Elizabeth
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

just a numbers request

Post by Victoria Steele »

Paul,

when you finally get around to "purging" the "hollow" registrants to the foorum can you let us know what our true number is here? I noticed that the registration number has gone all the way up to 1200 something and I just wondered how many new members we actualy have.

And to you new guys out there. Please do not feel shy about wading into the conversations here. Its always interesting to get new input! If we don't get you guys to speak up out there we will all end up talking to ourselves and you can see how dangerous that might get! Jump on in, as Elizabeth would urge I think! The water is fine! Victoria
grinder
Senior Officer

second grade?

Post by grinder »

Didn't someone say somewhere that while all of this is going on ( the " Sharongate visit") Linda was just barely eight? Which means second grade? And I wondered how many schools she had been to already?

And what kind of kid was she, I wonder? I know that she was horsecrazy. I have figured that she was an active little girl who was fairly bold. ("Booming" out of the house Mr. Twigsnapper said and when I read that I couldn't help but think of the phrase that some submariners used ...." A boomer out of the barn" and I had to smile because he admitted that his thoughts were something like " What the heck is happening here?") And that little girl didn't even slow up for an hour or so. Thats probably about four miles! Thats a long way! Determined little kid! and devoted to her parents obviously. She just wanted to work alongside them. Speaks volumes for the future. We have gotten to know her just a little bit in her relationship with her Morgan but thats not the whole person.

So, Paul, when you get around to it and as you write about her father can you give us an idea of the kinds of things interested this very young Linda Brown and what sort of character she was developing at that time?

I think if she actually went to " 48 schools" before she graduated from High School how in that did that affect her? Who were her friends? Did she even have any? I mean, this is an important element in this story because remember we are seeing this world through her viewpoint too. It would be interesting to see the kinds of things that colored her world. grinder

l
kevin.b
The Navigator

Post by kevin.b »

Just an aside,
Paul S,
Have you given any thought to artwork accompying each chapter?
I saw this , and it sort of rang a bell with this chapter.
http://www.mandalas.com/MysticalGallery ... Realms.php

Kevin
fibonacci is king
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

schools

My notes could be wrong grinder but I believe by the time Linda burst out of that door at her Grandparents house, headed for the " Embassy Laundry" she had already attended six schools, I think. One of them for just two weeks., Kindergarten and first grade in Hawaii. Second grade comprised of four different schools.

It seemed to be sort of a rule with the Browns that wherever they happened to be her parents always treated it as if they were going to stay there forever. So the first thing they did was enroll their daughter in the local school.

The amazing thing is that was just the start of the moving and the transferring from school to school. Elizabeth
Trickfox
The Magician

Your right Kevin

Post by Trickfox »

You see everyone!!!

That's why they call him the navigator...

What a great thing you have seen in the matrix.
Here is the page that is relevant Kevin.
http://mandalas.com/gallery.php

Paul,
After reading Kitselman's book Time teachers I can see clearly how this kind of art can make your book so much more true and visible in the spirit of the philosophy of the book.

I would include a lot of FRACTAL artwork also, but MOST OF ALL I would recommend some M.C. Escher prints.
http://www.mindspring.com/~mc.escher/escher.html

Trickfox

Kevin...How do you like my interpretation of Escher's vision of; "As above so below" Flatland!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWyTxCsIXE4
Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com