Chapter 68: A New Age of Speed and Power

Use this section for any discussion specifically related to the chapters posted online of the unfolding biography, "Defying Gravity: The Parallel Universe of T. Townsend Brown
Trickfox
The Magician

Re: these words

Post by Trickfox »

greggvizza wrote:
Trickfox wrote: That spot in google map ended zooming down to nothing being in the middle of nowhere
I dont know where the spot is. I was just providing the map, for Mikado to mark.

GV
I Know..... I like the place in the middle anyway. Actually there is a real Eureka in mind but that is something we like to coimmunicate in PM for now.

You will get a PM on Eureka from Mikado, because he is doing the selecting at the moment Gregg.
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Liberty

Post by greggvizza »

kevin.b wrote:I was asking about the word on the coins LIBERTY, I am at a loss as to know what it means, especially with regards to the land of the free?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE
kevin
Land of the free? That’s so 18th century; George Washington, Thomas Jefferson & those guys. We haven’t been into that here for a long time.

GV
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: Liberty

Post by Paul S. »

greggvizza wrote:
kevin.b wrote:I was asking about the word on the coins LIBERTY, I am at a loss as to know what it means, especially with regards to the land of the free?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bVa6jn4rpE
kevin
Land of the free? That’s so 18th century; George Washington, Thomas Jefferson & those guys. We haven’t been into that here for a long time.
I beg to differ.

http://jeffersonhour.org

Download some podcasts and relive the Enlightenment.

As I've said before: 1776: The REAL "Philadelphia Experiment."

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

live bait

Post by Elizabeth Helen Drake »

If ever there was live bait cast on the water for a submerged fish named Paul ... the name of Thomas Jefferson would be it. Elizabeth
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Yeah...Big "Red" He sure knew how to live life and think about it. But old Benjamin didn't do such a bad schtick with all of that either. Together the two wove a dynamic miracle over in France (oooooo !...bad word time) and in Philadelphia with their most noteworthy experiment.

I saw a while back that TJ's descendants from his unions with Sally Hemmings, were beginning to be "accepted" as "real" relations by TJ's "white" descendants. That took a while...huh ?

I'm with you Gregg on contemporary implications of the word "liberty". It looks good on coins, but mostly it is used as an excuse/slogan by many powerful people to reach out and abuse someone that is disliked for some reason. But I digress.

Oh... and remember that the Statue of Liberty was given to us by FRANCE, is made of COPPER, has mostly turned GREEN, and the model for the statue was a BLACK WOMAN.

flow.... :wink:
Dancing is better than marching
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

French connections

Odd that this seems to be the week for French Connections.

In his most disparaging moment our own Mr. Twigsnapper was overheard blurting out that French Doors don't stand up against the cold either! Which I took as a wry response to some of his own experiences. And yet he worked hand in hand with the French resistance during the war ...... I sense that there are two worlds at work here. One of which he admired greatly.

Liberte ... a very French word ... Joan of Arc .... Jefferson and Franklin in Paris .... something else beneath the surface .... The statue of Liberty ......a man named Jaques Bergier .. french connections indeed.
Elizabeth
Paul S.
Sr. Rabbit Chaser

Re: live bait

Post by Paul S. »

Elizabeth Helen Drake wrote:If ever there was live bait cast on the water for a submerged fish named Paul ... the name of Thomas Jefferson would be it.
Not quite sure what the first part of that means, but I will ponder it while sipping coffee from the mug I purchased in 2001 at the Monticello gift shop.

The inscription reads "I cannot live without books." I think he said that after giving his entire library away to start the Library of Congress, and then he started collecting all over again.

--PS
Paul Schatzkin
aka "The Perfesser"
"At some point we have to deal with the facts, not what we want to believe is true." -- Jack Bauer
Elizabeth Helen Drake
Sr. Research Asst.

Just meaning

Just meaning that some remarks are meant for you

.... to attract your attention ...

and Thomas Jeffersons flag has always been one that has drawn you to it, even before you started this project. Its just a small part of what makes you who you are and what will give you the ability to see through all of this to
The Real Philadelphia Experiment" of course which is as ongoing as anything that lives and breathes.... and its all connected.
Thomas Jefferson was a wise man, to give away everything that meant so much to him, knowing that it was important what he was doing ...... and that those things he loved would still come back to him. Elizabeth
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: Liberty

Post by greggvizza »

Paul S. wrote:
greggvizza wrote:Land of the free? That’s so 18th century; George Washington, Thomas Jefferson & those guys. We haven’t been into that here for a long time.
I beg to differ.

http://jeffersonhour.org

Download some podcasts and relive the Enlightenment.

As I've said before: 1776: The REAL "Philadelphia Experiment."

--PS
Just to be sure that I was not misunderstood.

I was not happy about the statement that I made. It was said in a sort of disappointed tone. Disappointed because that sort of liberty experiment probably isn’t going to ever happen again. The last time they tried it they had to find a brand new landmass on which to implement it. They couldn’t have pulled it off in Europe at that time. The earth no longer has any new unclaimed land available to try again. There is nowhere else to go, it’s all accounted for. We could try it on the Moon or Mars but it would have to be without the amber waves of grain......and without air. Probably means no ponies.

I would like to visit mars, but I don’t think I would want to live there permanently; especially not underground in the mines like in Total Recall.

GV
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

But...but...then all we'd have to do is find the ancient machinery and reconstitute the atmosphere.

flow.... :wink:
Victoria Steele
Mysterious Redhead

you sure?

Post by Victoria Steele »

"The last time they tried it they had to find a brand new landmass on which to implement it. They couldn’t have pulled it off in Europe at that time. The earth no longer has any new unclaimed land available to try again. There is nowhere else to go, it’s all accounted for."

The ONE thing I have learned Gregg in following this forum and this story carefully is ................ its not all accounted for ........ not at all ....... and maybe another Philadelphia Experiment is really what we have all been talking about here .... eventually ....... Victoria
Trickfox
The Magician

Social singularity meets the technological singularity

Post by Trickfox »

Thursday, October 18, 2007
Social Singularity

Social Singularity: Part One.
http://www.atlanticfreepress.com/content/view/2579/81/

Social Singularity: Part Two: Freedom http://www.thomasbrewton.com/index.php/ ... ndly/1161/

Social Singularity: Part Three: Hobbes/Locke Social Contracts vs Social and Technological Singularity

In conclusion: To over-simplify, and to keep this short, Hobbes' and Locke's works (regarding social contracts) were basically the philosophical foundation of the Declaration of Independence, the US Constitution, The Federalist Papers, Thomas Paine's works and many other documents upon which this nation (America) stands. This philosophy arose from several prior historical events, among which were changes in the social and political contracts which led to the Magna Carta and the Mayflower Compact.
Believe it or not, Islam's incursions into Europe during the centuries prior to this period, as well as it's powerful influence in North Africa, the Mediterranean and the Eastern Atlantic during the 1500's- 1800's, was a part of that process. In centuries past, such changes often took, well, centuries. Presently,these changes are taking a matter of decades, even mere years and months.

In this century, similar 'scale changes' in society will occur even faster, and perhaps, with even further disruption than ever before in known history. Events are moving beyond the scope, control, or narrative of any single man or single group of men.

So...no matter what happens, in America, you need to know that we're basically working' from a foundational philosophy that is several hundred years old. It's going to need a little tweaking and fiddling to bring it all up to date. My own meager - and thus far unrecognized - contribution is a part of that process...as are Bill Hibbard's works. (You can google him.)

Now, in the work enclosed below, you'll find that Hibbard examines the impact of artificial, human enhanced and machine intelligence on our social and political contracts. Keep in mind that some scholars and scientists claim that the internet has already become a form of human intelligence enhancement. You'll also notice that my previous entries into this arena address the impact of the internet on human 'enhancement,' and, directly and indirectly, upon the social/political contracts once addressed by Hobbes and Locke.

Technology will change everything you know and understand. Culture, society,economics, business, religion, science, education; you name it. It all changes...dramatically. It is all changing, even now. If we don't happen to blow ourselves to hell and gone, the next ten to twenty years may bring the world towards universal dystopia ("1984" with a bad attitude) ...or as close to universal utopia as we'll ever see in the real world. The end result is up to you, dear reader...and to you alone.

Bones

Posted by Drew Emmer at 3:35 PM

I say we only have FOUR YEARS left. The next President is likely to be the last president elected in the manner it is now being done because the whole world will likely change beyond the singularity. I happen to believe it will be a very GOOD CHANGE.

Just speculation of course.

What d'ya think Paul?

Trickfox
The psychopropulsier (as pointed out in the book The Good-bye man by Linda Brown and Jan Lofton) is a Quantum entanglement project under development using Quantum Junctions. Join us at http://www.Peeteelab.com
greggvizza
Senior Cadet

Re: you sure?

Post by greggvizza »

Victoria Steele wrote:The ONE thing I have learned Gregg in following this forum and this story carefully is ................ its not all accounted for ........ not at all ....... and maybe another Philadelphia Experiment is really what we have all been talking about here .... eventually ....... Victoria
A parallel dimension in which there is liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I suppose it would even have the amber waves of grain.......and probably air as well.

Sign me up.

GV
flowperson
Senior Officer

Post by flowperson »

Here's how I see it. Everybody is summoned ,on a designated day, to their voting stations, all over the world. There are four choices that may be made by each person of legal age..

1. Stay where and how you are living and ride things out.( you get a white ticket.)

2. Travel to a new world which is a raw wilderness and start out as pioneers under a democratic framework and make the best future that you can for you and yours. (you get a red ticket.)

3. Travel back to the past and try to relive it to the best of your abilities. (you get a green ticket.)

4. Travel to the future where you will likely end up as servants or slaves, sometimes to cyber-mechanical devices built up from a nanoscale perspective. (you get a blue ticket.)

Everyone can travel only as spiritual/intellectual entities, energy forms... and when you get to where you're going you must inhabit "other" material entities.

Tickets please...alll aboaarrrddd ! (oh...there's no club car either)

flow.... 8)
Mikado14
Mr. Nice Guy

humour

Post by Mikado14 »

Mr. Flow,

More and more you are incorporating humour into truth......I appreciate it.

Mikado
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy